how to find subforms not dirty ...

Hi,
   Thanks in advance....
 I have main form frm1 it containds two subforms
    subfrm2         and        subfrm3
I would like how I can code  if any of the form
frm1 , subfrm2 , subfrm3   is dirty (editting made to any
control of these forms )

main problem is not when first time data is entered but would like to know
if at all any subform or main form
got dirty before udate of the main form

which events of the form and subform i could use to
popup messege before update of mainform

please help me

                                                  arif

0
Ahmed

Ahmed wrote:
> I have main form frm1 it containds two subforms
>    subfrm2         and        subfrm3
>I would like how I can code  if any of the form
>frm1 , subfrm2 , subfrm3   is dirty (editting made to any
>control of these forms )
>
>main problem is not when first time data is entered but would like to know
>if at all any subform or main form
>got dirty before udate of the main form
>
>which events of the form and subform i could use to
>popup messege before update of mainform

The logic may get complicated because the Dirty property is
cleared (record is saved) whenever the focus moves between
any of the forms.

I suspect that you will need to create 3 public boolean
variables in the main form's module to keep track of each
form:

Public bolMain As Boolean
Public bolsfm2 As Boolean
Public bolsfm3 As Boolean

Use each form's Dirty event to set the appropriate valiable:

In a subfrm2:
	Parent.bolsfm2 = True
In the main form:
	Me.bolMain = True

Then you can test the variables to check if any of them was
edited.  But, since the othe form records were already
saved, I don't see how this is really useful.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

query a table and subform
Help, I have 3 tables 1. Printer table: printerID, ModelID, SerialNum, MACAdd 2. Toner table: TonerID, ModelID, PartName 3. Invoice table: InvoiceID, Date, Qty, PrinterID, TonerID How can I pull up toners based on the printerID in Invoice table? I set the TonerID as a combo box, Could anyone help me with the query that i need. The inovoice table actual is a subform under printer in the Form. so when I choose the printer from the main form the subform printerID changes accordingly, I just don't know how to generate a list of toner for user to choose based on the printer or m...

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

cannot find database

Subform comparison of 2 tables excluding non zero value
I am creating a subform (at least that is what I am assuming would be best choice)(Access 2003/NT) in which the user will type in a Melt# (contained in the tblChemicalResults). I need to create a side by side comparison of the chemical requirements from the tblChemicalRequirements to the actual results contained in the tblChemicalResults, but I need it to exclude any non zero values from both tables. Each table contains all of the possible 14 different metal elements that could possibly go into making a particular part. Obviously, not all 14 go into every part, so how do I display only ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Pivot table/chart in subform
I have an MDB (developed in Access 2003) with forms which include subforms on a tab control. Some of the subforms are in PivotTable or PivotChart view (with a SQL recordsource). I want the users to be able to change the layout of these views. I am now testing in Access 2007. The usual drag and drop of existing field buttons works fine. On right click the usual context menu pops up, but Field List is greyed out, so the user cannot add any new items from the field list. If the same subform is opened directly as a form then the context menu is as normal. Oddly if another ...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...

"FIND" bar is broken / missing
In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I used to use this feature a lot, so this is pretty frustrating. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thank you. RecoverfileinRecycleBinwhileinDOS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar > appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it > made no difference. Any id...

find smallest positive number among datas
How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? Try =MIN(data_rng) -- HTH Bob "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? =MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter) Adjust your range to suit. -- David Biddulph "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > H...

Finding an item in a listview
There has to be a way to find a specific item in a specific column in a listview. I have a list view of people and then I allow the user to pop up a dialog box that allows them to enter search text into a field and it finds all the records that qualify and displays them in a listctrl inside the dialog box and then I want them to be able to click on the record they want and go to that record in the main list view. Yes. Using GetItemText, you can examine the contents of any listview item. Simply iterate through the items and compare each one. In article <OOW30AriDHA.560@tk2msftngp13.p...