How to enter multiple RTF lines in memo text box

How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be entered
in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table, rather
than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?

I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a user
to create & edit a formatted text entry.

Sorry, I don't have the ability to test at the moment, but see whether
Ctrl-Enter (or Alt-Enter) works.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Richard S." <RichardS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be
> entered
> in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
> Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table,
> rather
> than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?
>
> I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a
> user
> to create & edit a formatted text entry.

0
Douglas
6/7/2010 6:41:00 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:36:55 -0700, Richard S.
<RichardS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be entered
>in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
>Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table, rather
>than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?
>
>I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a user
>to create & edit a formatted text entry.

Two alternatives:

1. Use Ctrl-Enter instead of Enter.
2. View the textbox's Properties and set its "Enter Key Behavior" property to
New Line In Field.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Multiple monitors
I was having issues trying to do updates and the solution I found was to check off basevideo option in boot.ini on the msconfig panel. Well you can imagine this would be a pain to do being you have to reboot everytime you do this plus it disables my other 2 monitors. Anyone know a fix for this? I have searched MS knowledge base and this was the only fix I found. You might be better off asking this in one of the Windows groups.... -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for ...

Hide Text box
If I have a text box on my report called [tbTax] and if the text box is showing 0 or Null , what code do I need to make it not visible? Thanks for any help....Bob Bob If you have only the textbox (and not an accompanying label), having Null in the underlying field would mean there was nothing there to show on the report. One approach to changing the visibility of the control would be to add something into the OnFormat event of the report, perhaps: tbText.Visible = Nz([tbText],0)<>0 Or you could use that Nz() function in a query underlying your report and do your conver...

Can't upgrade Exch Sys Mgr 2003 (on an XP box) to SP1
Hi All, I successfully installed Exchange 2003 System Management Tools on my Win XP SP2 box, and it works fine. But when I try to upgrade ESM to SP1, I get: "Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because: -You cannot install this product on a computer running Windows Professional. The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collarboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Update" because: -The NNTP component of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or disabled -You must have Exchange Server 2003 inst...

multiple environments 02-07-06
When implementing ERP systems it is always easy to work with multiple environments such as a test, training and live environment. We tried to simulate this with several business units, but apparently test accounts entered or imported into the test Business Unit also also visible in the Live Business Unit. Does anyone have suggestions how to achieve this? -- Tony Rook Independent Concultant The Netherlands I do this with completely separate networks... There is the live network and then the test network which is a completely separate AD network. This allows us to test all aspects of th...

Parse only text from column?
How do I extract just the text from a column? For example, if one of my columns = "1234 abracadabra" and I want just the "abracadabra"? ironryan77 You already posted this question about 3+ hours ago and that message has 4 answers posted to it. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Ryan D" <RyanD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB85FF3E-1428-4703-B8D5-A0E330DF6E74@microsoft.com... > How do I extract just the text from a column? For example, if one of my > columns = "1234 abracadabra" and I want just the "abracad...

How to define a style to include built-in text?
I need a style that has its own text. For example, Caution_Head would say "Caution" without my having to type it. I don't see where this is entered in the style dialog. Thanks for any tips. -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/200911/1 The only way to do this is as a "bullet." See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm (Word 2003 and earlier) or http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA2007.htm, as appropriate. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Micros...

AfxMessageBox returns immediately without displaying the box
Hi, This is a pseudo code from InitInstance() of my dialog based app: if (cmdInfo.m_strAppName.IsEmpty()) { AfxMessageBox(IDS_SYNTAX, MB_OK | MB_ICONSTOP); // <= works fine! return FALSE; } try { /* ... */ CMyDlg dlg; m_pMainWnd = &dlg; INT_PTR nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); if (nResponse == IDOK) { /* ... */ // might throw CMyException } else if (nResponse == IDCANCEL) { // TODO: Place code here to handle when the dialog is // dismissed with Cancel } } catch (CMyException& e) { //...

(�`�._.�[ Extract Data From Multiple Sheets ]�._.���)
Extract Data From Multiple Sheets http://www.sbtankserve.com/SAMPLE.zip This is a SAMPLE excel file that I use to enter weekly data at work Data for 5 days is entered for five days on five sheets DAY 1 DAY 2 DAY 3 DAY 4 DAY 5 The first 7 rows are used for day specific calculations and colum headers; Data is entered from the 7th row and below The first column is used for day specific serial numbers Maximum data range on any of the five Day pages is A1, L38 I want a simple formula/macro that will perform the followin functions -----------------------------------------------------...

Custom Format with multiple conditonals
I've found a problem doing custom formats for a cell in that the semicolon is used as a separator for the positive/negative/zero/text fields, and it's used as a separator for conditionals like [>100]#;[<100]"N/A", so I'm unable to figure out how to do something like this (which doesn't work): [>=1000000]$0.0,,"M";[>=1000]$0,"K";[<=-1000000]$0.0,,"M";[<=-1000]$0,"K" How do you implement mulitple conditions for both positive and negative numbers? -- Lance Roberts Control Systems Engineer Gold...

search box
when I type any information in to the search box, a message comes back saying can not find this info?? That's on every thing I type in. "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04AB51B0-9AC7-4632-AB73-B9D315284594@microsoft.com... > when I type any information in to the search box, a message comes back > saying > can not find this info?? That's on every thing I type in. Which "search box" are you using, and what type of information are you seeking? -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.ge...

data sort box too big-can it be formatted
Excel 2007? Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:27:01 -0700, Clee <Clee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: can it be formatted to stay the smaller size? I keep having to reduce it and it is annoying "Gord Dibben" wrote: > Excel 2007? > > Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. > > Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. > > > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP > > On Tue, 2 Jun ...

How to group bars showing counts and overlay line compliance chart
Using data similar to what's below (month, ticket count type, customer, SLA compliance %), I'd like to be able to have the bars with the # of tickets opened and closed for each month grouped so the bars touch each other while still having space inbetween each months' bars (using the 1st axis). I only can seem to find an option that determines the space between all bars...not allowing me to group the bars for a given month. As a second issue, the SLA compliance % data for closed tickets won't show up as a line chart overlaying the bar chart described above. I can get m...

how to get all mails in box x that I have replied to
As the subject says, I would like to get ahold of all mails in a selected box that I have replied to. how does one do that kind of cross box checking? In news:1122886037.540223.144100@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, pantagruel <bry@itnisk.com> typed: > As the subject says, I would like to get ahold of all mails in a > selected box that I have replied to. how does one do that kind of > cross box checking? Not sure what you mean by box - can you elaborate. Also, when you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find th...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Copy only part of text string
Hi, Wonder if someone maybe able to help me please. I have a database at work that contains details of test files. One of the fields for each test shows that actual error that caused the file to fail. The problem is, is that there is an awful lot of text from this field that I don't need to extract. The text I need to extract starts with the word Error and then the rest of the text that comes after it in the text string. The word Error can appear anywhere within the text string, but having worked through all of the failures I beleive that 'Error' can be used as the guide to star...

Multiple Attachments #2
Not sure if there is a shortcut here ... I receive numerous e-mails daily with file attachments (mainly photographs). There can be anything up to 10 attachments per e-mail and maybe 200 e-mails a day. All I need from these is the attchements saved in a folder that I have set-up. To do this, at the moment I am having to open each e-mail individually and then do 'Save Attachments', close the e-mail and delete it. Is there any way of selecting all of the e-mails and saving all of the attachments without having to open the e-mails? Thanks. There are some special tools built ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

I keep getting dialog box is open error in Word 2003.
Everytime I go into MS Word I get an error that says my dialog box is open. I have to click ok then I can go in. How can I get rid of this error? Disable the Office Plug-in option in Norton Antivirus (or other AV that you may be using). -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tracey F" <Tracey F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01911FF2-10AB-43A6-9BBB-4E630A886D38@microsoft.com... > Everytime I go into MS Word I get an error that says my dialog box is > open. > I have to click ok then I can go in. How can I get rid of this error? ...

Printing border lines
I have a new computer that I have Excel 2002 on. I have the same programs on other computers as well, but this new one has decided to arbitrarily not print lines. I can go to the print preview and all the lines show, I go to print it and it leaves a line off. On one of the projects it is the vertical line on another it is the horizontal line. Is there a fix for this kind of glitch. I have never had this happen to me before unless it was that I happen to leave the line off. It is confusing because I can view it but it won't print it. Please help. ...

Running check with VBA on multiple fields before updating
I'm trying to run a check on two fields so I can ascertain if the third field should be updated or if a new line should be added. I'm using the index and seek method to try and handle this. The problem is that the first match it comes across the field gets changed. This is my code. Dim db As Database Dim rec As Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "tblpos" Set db = CurrentDb() Set rec = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL) 'Do Until rec.EOF rec.Index = "emp" rec.Seek "=", Me!Combo257 If rec.NoMatch = False Then 'Do Unti...

Printing Multiple Receipts at a Time From Journal
Hey guys, Is there a way to print multiple journaled receipts at a time? Say all receipts for a batch or by date or other criteria? Thanks Tom, Not that I've seen. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ========== "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_pos...

Find folder within a folder which occurs multiple times in that folder
Hello! i have to find a folder named "Addon" in some folder named "Installers" and store the path of "Addon" folder in a array. but "Addon" folder may occur multiple times in "Installers" e.g. Installers\New Folder\Addon Installers\New Folder1\Addon Installers\New Folder2\Addon I have to store all these path in a array how can i do that? >Hello! i have to find a folder named "Addon" in some folder named >"Installers" and store the path of "Addon" folder in a arra...

How can I organize multiple disc sets as one album?
I have been using iTunes for many years but I decided to give WMP a try since I am using Media Center and also want a lossless codec. I configured Media Player to automatically rip the CDs as I place them in the drive. The process automatically creates a directory for each CD, even when they are the same album. I really don't want to have multiple icons in my album list, so what can I do to simply the layout after the tracks are all ripped. I spent about 10 minutes renaming both icons with a common name and then renumbering the tracks. I have about 45 more double albums t...