How to create Pivot tables - "sticky settings"

I am working with an Access 2003 application that contains 6-7 Pivot
Tables. The actual database file is in Access 2000 format. I've been
tasked with finding a way to save the user's field selections so they
can be easily reloaded if and when the database, including the query
on which the Pivot Table is built, is refreshed (overwritten). Can
anyone in this gorup tell me

a) where and how Access stores those settings
b) how I can access them to save and reload them

Much of the reading I have done always begins with creating a form.
These queries are not linked to a form from what I can tell.

0
yboti

create a roster

Task Create - Status

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

Create external database

tabls in GP90 database
Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. thanks Within the program itself, Tools > Resource Descriptions Also, there are ERD's on the distribution CD's that you got when you purchased or upgraded the system - you have to install the SDK to get at them. -- Lyle U Adam Clark wrote: > Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables > in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. > > thanks ...

Data Tables
Has anyone ever had a problem where a data table is producing incorrect values? I have a (two dimensional) table which is producing unexpected values. When I try to replicate these values through manually changing the inputs (and changing nothing else) I get a different result to that produced by the data tables. Just to check I'm not going completely mad, I've had a colleague confirm the symptoms. Any suggestions gratefully received before I head into investigating for corruptions etc Mike The only time I've ever had a problem with charting is when I had merged c...

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Pivot Chart
I have to make a pivot chart, but i want to set fixed fill color for every series (and them to stay tha same when i and or filter some data in the pivot chart) Any ideas? Thks -- Nacho Chivil´┐Ż _______________________________________________________________________ mail: ichivilo@alu.itba.edu.ar msn: nachochivilo@hotmail.com Tel. (54-11) 4792-8757 .. Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting ht...