how to create item numbers column in a Query

Is there anyway to place a column (Item#) in a query, which will show
the item numbers of the results. Say that, if query result has 13
items, Item# values will be sequentially 1,2,3...11,12,13.
I have a feeling that it might be solved by usind DCOUNT function.
Thanks

0
mezzanine1974

create a roster

Item not selected by default when changing folders
It used to be that I would change folders and the first item (contact, e-mail, whatever) would be selected/highlighted. I must have changed something though because now when I change folders, no item is selected. This is a real pain when I try to do a quick lookup of a contact (where you just type the first few characters), because I have to use my mouse to first highlight one of the contacts, and then start typing. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Irregular formation of numbers
Hi, I hope someone can help, I am trying to format numbers in a column. the numbers are all 10 digits (ie. 0405613020) and from cell to cel are all different. What I am trying to do is for them to take on the format below: 0405.61.30.20 I have tried different things.. but nothing seems to work.. I have ove 250 cells that need to look like that, and it's very long and tedious.. Hope someone can help me.. Diamonelle :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You can put this formula in a helper column, copy it down as far a needed and then copy-paste special -...

So many Tunnel Adapters
Hi, I understand that Tunnel Adapter LAN is for encapsulating IPv6 packets with an IPv4 header so that they can be sent across an IPv4 network. Few queries popped up in my mind based on this :- 1. Why is the numbering for the Tunnel adapter LAN not sequential ? It is like 6,7,12,13,14,15,16. A strange numbering scheme ?! I tried to figure it out by thinking of some arithmetic series. But, it does not seem to fit in. There is a huge gap between 7 and 12. Any ideas ? 2. What is the need for so many number of Tunnel Adapter LAN connection ? Can you tell me a scenario that re...

VBA Question
Hi, I have a form with a combobox control that list some sizes. They are: 12 18 20 22 I have another text box for keying a custom size, such as 12'2". What I would like to do is have the combobox default to the next size (in this case 18). Here's the code I have used so far (it does a little more than what I am asking for but to give an idea): Dim MCUST As String MCUST = Me.custwidth If Str(Me.widthck) <> Me.custwidth Or Len(Me.custwidth) <> Len(Me.widthck) Then Me.widthck.Value = Int(Val(MCUST)) + 1 If InStr(Int(Me.widthck) / 2, ".&...

Join query
I have a table that has the list of parts that go on a shop order to create a part. On the table "Requirement_Details" I am selecting the Order, and the Current Due Date. The table Transaction_History tells me the dates something was Issued to the Order by the Transaction Code "I". My problem is that I am looking for the last day that something was issued to the shop order so if I select the MAX(dbo.Transaction_History.TNXDTE_15) as below and nothing has been issued yet the query does not return Null or for this field. I just don't get any records. ...

Exchange 2000/2003 Public Folder item Permissions Problem
Hi all, I've been having an issue with Public Folder permissions for some time now. The folder contains contacts for all company employees (most of which aren't on the company network), and is maintained by HR. Brief history is: Had Exchange 2000 on Win Server 2000, and a previous administrator modified public folder permissions on the M drive in explorer (a no-no). This resulted in the ESM "Invalid window handle" error. Managed fix these by following KB 270905 (permissions nuke), and deleting and re-creating the public folder. The latter was a problem, as most users were ...

Task Create - Status

Column Width Adjustment
Is there a way to adjust the column width automatically to fit the length of the longest data in the cell. I know how to do it one column at a time but not how to do all columns of data at once. Thanks, Jerry Do a <Ctrl> <A> to select the entire sheet, then, Do the same thing you would do for a single Column: <Format> <Column> <AutoFit> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Continuous form record number
I have a form whose default view is 'continuous form'. Then when I click a button I need to delete the record where the mouse is (was just) placed. How can I find out the record number? Alternatively any idea is welcome. Thanks Henry "H. Martins" <hjrmartins@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4ab14e1-51c6-4c16-8a78-bc7df76670de@k31g2000vbu.googlegroups.com... >I have a form whose default view is 'continuous form'. > > Then when I click a button I need to delete the record where the mouse > is (was just) placed. > > Ho...

when form created

Select items from list and show in text box
I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have them show in a text box (possibly with the aid of a select button). Could someone please explain to me how to do this as I have no idea about Visual Basic and macros don't work? Thanks in advance Jeanette You can create a dropdown list with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Or, create a combobox on a UserForm: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm02.html rosscojet@tiscali.co.uk wrote: > I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have > them show in a ...

Creating a Brochure

How do I make a stacked column chart with side-by-side comparison.
Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Take a look at Jon Peltier's site. He has lots of examples of different chart types. I'll start you out on the page you might want to look at. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html "Tim" wrote: > Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a > clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Here's a page with links to clustered-stacke...

Item Movement Report Amendement...
Dear all, Some time ago there was an amendment made to the Item Movement Report provided by Akber (thank you Akber it's great). What I'm interested in is seeing an item's qty sold / on hand (which I already have) and the total committed. If possible, if I could then see what was then available (as in what is on my shelves) that would be great. We find that if we have received 48 items, sell 31 - then look on the shelf and only find 10, we of course are short for that item. Of course, once one does a report on an item by item basis and clicks on the Inventory tab you get...

Next Check Number
Is there any way to set the number used for Next Check Number in a bank account register. My problem is that I use one checkbook at home and my wife and I each carry checkbooks. The checkbook at home, which I use most frequently, happens to have the lowest check numbers. As soon as I entered a check from one of the other books, Next Check Number keeps using that (the highest number so far) as the basis for Next Check Number and I have to manually enter almost all of my check numbers. (I recently switched from Quicken where the corresponding function always used the most recently en...

how would I write this criteria for a query?
I have three fields that I want to base a criteria on: Received Date/Time, Date Approved and Date Rejected The way I wrote the criteria is as follow: LagTime: [Received Date/Time] - [Date Approve] This works if there is a date in the "Date Approve" field but if there isn't a date in the field nothing comes back. What I would like for it to do is pull the date from the "Date Rejected" field and calculate the lagtime from there. What do I need to add to my expression to do this? On 6 Sep, 20:14, Jerry Whittle <JerryWhit...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...