How force table update when no bound field updated?

I have a main form with a 'Balance Due' field. There are two balance due
controls, one unbound (displayed) and one bound (hidden).
I also have a subform which is a continuous form containing payment data.
When payment details are entered or changed, the balance due on the main
form and in the bound table needs to be updated.
The total of payments is summed in the subform footer and the balance due
(unbound control) refers to this subform total.
In main Form BeforeUpdate, I copy the unbound balance due to the bound
balance due.
The problem is that when only payment data is updated and nothing on the
main form is updated,
the balance due amount in the bound table does not get updated. How can I
fix this, I need to force an update to the main form and table.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

Dorian -

On the subform's AfterUpdate event, you can set the main form's bound
Balance Due control to the unbound Balance Due control, which will cause the
main form to be 'dirty', and thus get updated when moving from the main
record.
--
Daryl S

"Dorian" wrote:

> I have a main form with a 'Balance Due' field. There are two balance due
> controls, one unbound (displayed) and one bound (hidden).
> I also have a subform which is a continuous form containing payment data.
> When payment details are entered or changed, the balance due on the main
> form and in the bound table needs to be updated.
> The total of payments is summed in the subform footer and the balance due
> (unbound control) refers to this subform total.
> In main Form BeforeUpdate, I copy the unbound balance due to the bound
> balance due.
> The problem is that when only payment data is updated and nothing on the
> main form is updated,
> the balance due amount in the bound table does not get updated. How can I
> fix this, I need to force an update to the main form and table.
> -- Dorian
> "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they
> eat for a lifetime".

Windows update error 8007422
Hi, I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (portuguese version). Since one month that I'm not able to get updates. I've already tried: - checked for viruses with AVG9, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal. No virus found. - checked and restart all services required (windows update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Windows Event Log and Software Licensing). - run the batch file (sc config wuauserv start= auto sc config bits start= auto sc config DcomLaunch start= auto net stop wuauserv net start wuauserv net stop bits net start bits net...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

make table not replacing table on back end
Access 2003 I have split my database and distributed the FE to users The database has an ODBC connection to Lotus Notes. I create a make table query called q00NonconformMKTbl to dump the data from the Lotus Notes ODBC connection to the tNonconformance table. But since the database is split when i run the Make table it is only updating on my instance of the FE. Is there a why to do a Make table and specify to delete and recreate the table in the BE? It was making me crazy until i figured why only my db was updating with lates data. -- deb Instead of dropping a tab...

Before Update validation
There are two parts to this. First, I use code in a standard module and custom navigation buttons for record navigation. This lets me use the same functions and the same buttons in all of my forms. For instance, to go to the next record, I have the following function in the module: Public Function TheNextRecord() On Error GoTo NextRecord_Error DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext ProcExit: Exit Function NextRecord_Error: MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & " (" & Err.Description & ") " & _ "in NextRecord, mdlRecordNav"...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message "A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted" Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

How to create a table to qualify a qty discount in exel
Hi i'm creating a workbook to orginize stock, i'm not sure of how to create a table to give varying degress of discount according to the quatity bought ie: 5 items or less = no discount, 6 to 11 items =2% discount and so on, i have used an if statement so far but i'm not sure how it is meant to work in relation to the products and customers sheets, how does it all work together. Any help & guidence would be much appreciated. You can create yourself a lookup table, and use the vlookup formula. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_exce...

Format a Pivot Table
In my pivot table report, I want to have a certain cell border format, but every time I refresh, the format is gone. I've already checked to make sure that the 'Preserve formatting' box is checked, and I tried using the 'enable selection' but still, no formatting. Can someone please help me? Under "Troubleshoot PivotTable reports" in Help, it specifically states: "Cell borders aren't retained Microsoft Excel does not keep cell borders when you change the layout or refresh the report." ....so, I'd try to find a visual format to use in pla...

Comparing and updating sheets.
SUB MACRO_RUN Call neha1 Call neha2 Call neha4 Call neha5 Call neha6 End Sub Function neha1() For B = 2 To 50 For a = 3 To 50 If Worksheets("Activity").Cells(B, 4).Value = Worksheets("IP_MPLS").Cells(a, 1).Value Then Worksheets("IP_MPLS").Cells(a, 32).Value = Worksheets("Activity").Cells(B, 10).Value Worksheets("IP_MPLS").Cells(a, 21).Value = Worksheets("Activity").Cells(B, 1).Value Worksheets("IP_MPLS").Cells(a, 22).Value = Worksheets("I...

Jscript to hide fields #2
Hi We have created two custom entities named suppliers and business partners. We would prefer not to create account records and use the relationship type field so we created these custom entities. We now have on the Contact form three seperate fields that a contact could be related to. These fields are parent customer, parent supplier and parent business partner. A Contact should only be associated with one parent record. We would like to write Jscript which hides the remaining fields if one of the fields is populated. If a user associates a Contact with a parent customer then the pa...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

How to emulate Footer with table
I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer. Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table? For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not move with the text above and print on every sheet. My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and the...

Ones in pivot table
Hello, I import my pivot table data from an external data source (MS Access query) and it displays like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count.jpg instead of showing values. If I double click on any of "2's", a new worksheet is generated showing me the actual values. How do I make the values show like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count2.jpg Brenda, Post a small table of your data: you probably need to change what data you are using in the pibot table, and change from count to sum for the fields. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brenda Love" &...

updating segment descriptions
i need to update some segment descriptions. i have quite a few and i dont wish to do them one at a time. is there an easy way to change the descriptions (i.e. integration manager)? thanks!! Keith, I usually run a sql script to update the main account segment then go in through sql to edit the few incorrect ones. I find it saves me loads of time. The script I use is below but you may have to make changes based on which segment is the main account segment. UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = LTRIM(SUBSTRING(GL00100.ACTDESCR,1,31)) FROM GL00100,GL40200 WHERE GL40200.SGMTNUMB = 1 AND GL40200.S...

Printing Pivot Table Pie Charts
I have 1400 names in a list each, person has their own data. I created a pivot pie chart to display that data. Can anyone tell me how to print the pivot table so I get a separate sheet for each name selected...without me having to click on the dropdown list each time? Also does anyone know how to hide a field, but have the data still be displayed in the pie chart? thanks ...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Windows update doesn't finish, why ??
Windows update doesn't go past "loading Windows update doesn't go past 1 of 15" It stays there doing nothing. What do i do?? Provide more details on your system. Operating System. Service Pack Level. Architecture (32 or 64 bit.) Last time you installed updates (15 at once?) successfully. What happens if you boot into Safe Mode. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html "Jim C." <Jim C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A59395EB-E564-41F1-9A3...

Field with both first name and last name
I have a table where the field PRODUCTION_DESIGNER is composed of a persons first and last name with a single space between them, for example "David Henderson" is in the contents. Select this field and truncate this to the initials of the first and last name and place into another field leaving the original field untouched. The new field would have "DH" as its contents. Thank you Use the expression Left(Production_Designer,1) & Mid(Production_Designer,Instr(Production_Designer," ")+1,1) If you want to do this in an update query UPDATE [Your Table ...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

how can i automatically insert cell values into a comment field?
am trying to insert specific (other) cell values into another cell comment field. Pretty general question. If it's only one cell, copy the value and insert/edit the other cell's comment and paste. If it's lots of cells, you could use a macro. But since you didn't give any real details, here's a pretty generic userdefined function that might help you: Option Explicit Function CopyValToComment(FCell As Range, TCell As Range) Application.Volatile If TCell.Comment Is Nothing Then 'do nothing Else TCell.Comment.Delete End If T...

table in a visio drawing
Hi everyone, I am using Visio 2003 and am using embedded excel objects as tables. Is it possible to use a table object that will be stored in XML as plain text. The embedded excel objects are stored as binary and I cannot get the data out of it by parsing the XML. What I need is a table that can be parsed in the resulting XML. Thanks, xargon Visio does not have built-in support for tables. You can make your own with a bunch of rectangles, but it would not have any of the capabilities of the Excel table. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Windows update error code 80070652
This has been happening for quite some time. I have windows office both 2003 and 2007 School edition. These updates keep coming on my computer and fail, this time I only did one and got this code. How to fix, or is this for professional and if so how do I get rid of it? Hello Steven, 0x80070652 - ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING Error 80070652 means that a previous installation has not been completed successfully. Restarting computer generally fixes this issue. If this doesn’t take you anywhere you may proceed with these Windows update troubleshooting steps. Method 1: Ch...

Filter for Same Value in Two Fields
There are two fields in my query. "From" and "To". For sake of ease, let's say both these fields are US Cities. How can I pull all the records that show shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver? Thank you in advance. You stated: shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver Technically this would mean both values were Denver which might not make much sense if you expected the From and To to be different. Assuming you are viewing your query in design view, you would type "Denver" und...

force