How can I search for and display actual record numbers in Access?

    I have a form that has several fields to save data in for achieve
purposes. I also have a search form that pulls that data and displays it,
each in an individual line.  It would be ideal to be able to click on a
search result and then on the main form have that record be displayed. I do
not know how to do that, so I was hoping to just be able to display the
record number in the search results so that you can just type it in the main
form and go right to that record number. I am unable to do that either, I
tried several combinations of displaying something like  me.currentrecord for
each line in the results, but they all show the same thing, which is the
record number of the actual search results page.

If anyone would help in how to proceed I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,
on the double click event of one of the textboxes on the search form put
code something like this:
DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , "[KeyID]= " & Me.txtKeyID & ""
DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name

FormName is the name of your main form
KeyID is the Primary Key field on your main form and also the PrimaryKey
field on your search form
txtKeyID is the name of the textbox that has the KeyID field

Jeanette Cunningham

"DTermani" <DTermani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>    I have a form that has several fields to save data in for achieve
> purposes. I also have a search form that pulls that data and displays it,
> each in an individual line.  It would be ideal to be able to click on a
> search result and then on the main form have that record be displayed. I
> do
> not know how to do that, so I was hoping to just be able to display the
> record number in the search results so that you can just type it in the
> main
> form and go right to that record number. I am unable to do that either, I
> tried several combinations of displaying something like  me.currentrecord
> for
> each line in the results, but they all show the same thing, which is the
> record number of the actual search results page.
>
> If anyone would help in how to proceed I would really appreciate it!
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

0
Jeanette

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Hyperlink value crashes Access
If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow hyperlink method, using a link value like http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time. However, if I instead just target the main web site http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash. Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes. The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available...

Page numbers 12-02-09
On MS Word 2003, I am formatting a 5.5 x 8.5 book. How can I get the page numbers to come in at 7.75? I tried bringing the bottom 'margin' up to 8.5, but the numbers still come in at 10.5 on the 11" vertical page. Actually I've tried a lot of things! Footers also seem to want to hit the bottom 1/2 or inch of the 11 available. How to number so that they show within the 8.5 space on a 'sheet'?. Susanne, sideways isn't an option, because I may go for a 6 x 9 format. TIA! Sylvia M. You must change your footer margin as well as the bottom margi...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

why doesn't my outlook today display current calendar events?
Gee, no idea. How about some details, like Outlook version??? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, hsmith asked: ...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

mailto syntax for text to display
I am successfully using the following: - Private Sub lblFeedback_Click() Link = "mailto:user@domain.com?subject=Subject" On Error GoTo NoCanDo ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=Link, NewWindow:=True Exit Sub NoCanDo: MsgBox "Cannot open " & Link End Sub Is it possible to hide the email address and put e.g. "ADMIN" with something similar to the text to display used in the Outlook address book? If you are actually using Outlook, then you should be able to put the display name in for existing contacts. You can als...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...