how can i apply conditional formatting by code ?

Say that there is a table T_PERSONAL [Name (text), Surname (text),
Salary (integer)].
I created a Tabular Form (F_PERSONAL) which retrieves information
from
T_PERSONAL.
I want to put a image for a specific record on the form, if the
record
satisfy some specific criteria. For other record which does not
satisfy the criteria, image should be invisible.
Say that, if [Name (text)] ~text13~ is "ALBERT", Image Object
~Image13~ should be visible. I dont suppose that Image Object should
be included in T_PERSONAL. It will be inserted manualy during design
stage of Tabular Form.
I would not ask this question, if access would enable me to apply
Conditional Formatting for Image Objects, which we insert manually.

Do we need to write such code?
If Form_F_PERSONAL.text13.Value = "ALBERT" Then
Form_F_PERSONAL.Image13.Visible = False

If so, please tell me to which event i should insert? If not, what is
the way to solve this problem please ?

0
mezzanine1974

Two problems: Conditional Formatting is only available thru the Format Menu,
and as it's name indicates, it only allows for the formatting of
text/background colors and text bold/italic/underline attributes, plus
enabling of the control, not it's visibility. Secondly, in a continuous form
(which is what a Tabular form actually is) when the image is visible, a copy
of it will be visible on each row of data, not just the row with the record
you're using for the criteria! Datasheet and continuous/tabular forms are not
really designed for these kinds of maniuplation.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Formatting a single grid line
Don't laugh but I was wondering if there was a back door way of bolding up a single horizontal gridline to make it stand out from the rest. My alternative is to draw a line on the chart but then I need to adjust it if my scale changes. Thanks much, Reney Hi Reney, Unfortunately you can only format all of the gridlines at once. Have a look at these examples for adding a line to a chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Reney Langlois wrote:...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Can Not Reply To Emails

conditional formatting
I have uses conditional formattiong to hilighte a cell if there is an N in the cell: =LEFT(A4,1)="n" What I would like to do is hilight the row rather than just the cell. Can anyone help Thanks Dick Say your data's in columns A thru Z Highlight columns A thru Z get into conditional formating For a formula put... =Left($a4,1)='n' This will keep Excel looking at column A for comparison to 'n' yet will highlight columns A thru Z -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown ...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...

Can not archive

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...