Highlighting just one record in an unbound form

Long time user of Access, First time programming it.

I have an unbound form that takes employee ID's and work order job
information.  When they arrive on the job they call in and I run an app to
enter the timestamp of when they arrived.

I may have a list of employees with jobs.  My question is how do I or can I
highlight (Bold) the records that I have already timestamped?  I have be
trying to use FontWidth but I keep getting all or nothing Bolded.

I tried to look at the Arrived field and if it has no value yet to regular
text.  If it has a value then Bold.

Any suggestions??

Thanks, T.

Take a look at Conditional Formatting.
--
Steve McGuire
MCSD, MCAD, MCP

"T-man" wrote:

> Long time user of Access, First time programming it.
>
> I have an unbound form that takes employee ID's and work order job
> information.  When they arrive on the job they call in and I run an app to
> enter the timestamp of when they arrived.
>
> I may have a list of employees with jobs.  My question is how do I or can I
> highlight (Bold) the records that I have already timestamped?  I have be
> trying to use FontWidth but I keep getting all or nothing Bolded.
>
> I tried to look at the Arrived field and if it has no value yet to regular
> text.  If it has a value then Bold.
>
> Any suggestions??
>
> Thanks, T.
Hello Steve.

Steve McGuire wrote:
> Take a look at Conditional Formatting.
> --
> Steve McGuire
> MCSD, MCAD, MCP

"T-man" wrote that he has an unbound form, so he doesn't mean to
format the fields in a continuous form. Reading an other post in the
microsoft.public.access group, I guess he means formatting a row in
a listbox.
I don't know any way to do this and I think that it's not possible.

"T-man": How does your form "take" information when it's unbound?

--
Regards,
Wolfgang Kais

0
Wolfgang

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

Automatically Add Record to table
Hello, I have created a weekly service database, and I am trying to automatically add a record to a table. Main Table: JobID - Service End - Job is no longer on service. Service Table - Links to JobID ServiceID Date Completed y/n I want my technician to open a form that shows all service items that are not completed. as they update what has been completed and that service end is null, i would like a button that they press to add a new service record and auto fill in service date (adding 1 week) doing this manually is time consuming as we may have 100 or more services at one time tha...

Get $500 To Your PAYPAL Account In Just A Minutes #2
Do you need some extra money right now? Would you be interested to get $500 daily Paypal Money through some genuine tricks from home internet ? Get Money Online for FREE! Get started in the next few minutes without FEES..... Yes Absolutely ... This TRICK is absolutely FREE for all..... See the FORM for details on how to get $500 to your account. Due to some Premises I Have Hidden the FORM in an IMAGE ...... CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX http://www.webinfos4all.euro.st ...

printing a certificate on one page
How can I print a certificate on one page? It currently prints on four. I have changed the page overlap settings to one page and it still prints on four. How do I ensure it prints centered on one page. thanks ben 2007? Landscape? Are you using a template? Which template? Are you setting up your printer for landscape first? When you setup the print (File, Print setup) do you see one page per sheet? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12712A7C-C77E-4505-9A81-D08C3F6BB789@microsoft.com... > How can I...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

Moving Exchange from one server to another #2
I have a Exchange 5.5 server in Domain1 named Company1. A new server with Exchange 2000 on Domain2 needs to get the Pub & Priv .edb files from Cmpany 1. Both domain servers are Win 2K but the company name is different for Domain2 server. I used eseutil and isinteg, but Domain2 won't mount the .edb files because of wrong company naming. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Doug Sanders On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 04:12:51 GMT, "Doug Sanders" <Doug6@earthlink.net> wrote: >I have a Exchange 5.5 server in Domain1 named Company1. A new server with >Exchange 2000 ...

I just downloaded office free trial
I just downloaded office free trial and when I run the office program, I get a message that the trial period has expired. Help because the software is locked. And what do you think the reason for that is ? Downloading a second time after removing (uninstalling) the original expired Trial will produce this exact same effect as you describe -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "FrancoElias" <FrancoElias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82FDF63A-D...

Emails to one domain being severely delayed
Hi We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2000 Server. Office 2003 on our client PC's. We seem to be having a problem with sending emails to one domain, Domain B. Emails elsewhere are being received fine and within a short space of time. Emails that were even sent two days ago and not being delivered to Domain B. I've checked in our Message Tracking Centre and these messages are either maked 'Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delivery' or 'Started Outbound Transfer of Message'. Some emails have been in the latter stage for more than 24 hours. Domain B is p...

Sharing One Calender Via Two profiles, On One Computer...
Hoping to address this question... Present situation One personal computer with two profiles (Husband and Wife) Running Outlook 2000 (not on a exchange server) Email set-up is good However, we want to share the same calender (as a family calendar Can it be done Thank you Carlos You can publish the calendar as a web page. Check MS KBA 292814. >-----Original Message----- >Hoping to address this question.... > >Present situation: > >One personal computer with two profiles (Husband and Wife). >Running Outlook 2000 (not on a exchange server). >Email set-up is good....

Real 10 random records
Hi, I have a query which gives me 10 random records. SELECT TOP 10 Basis_.t, Basis_.r, Basis_.Basis_code FROM Basis_ ORDER BY Rnd(Basis_code); Basis_code is an Auto Number field. It works fine but when I open the database and run the query I always get the same “10 random records”. What should I do to get different 10 random records when I open the database? Thanks in advance! Ljudmil See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=208855 Possible, not quite as easy as it ought to be. Copy and paste this little function into a module; save the module as basRandom (a...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

many-many relationship: how to provide all values related to one record in a given field
Not sure how to do this. I have table of data for reports written, and a table of countries we write reports on. Each report can cover many different countries, and a country can be covered in any report. Many - many relationship. I'd like to run a report that for the query results below: ReportID CountryID 1000020 Td 1000020 Tz 1000020 Ug 1000020 Zm 1000020 Zw 1000035 Ao 1000035 Mz will provide the output below: 1000020 Td;Tz;Ug;Zm;Zw 1000...

I just loaded Office 2000 on Vista Business. I need help.
When trying to open a DB file I keep getting an error that "The SendKeys action needs the (My Database) utility be loaded." This DB worked fine on XP. I loaded Office 2000 from the Original CD and got all the updated from MS. Then I even copied the whole Office 2000 from my old computer to this new one and it still won't work.HelpLarry 1. Go to: Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settingsadd add your folder to the trusted locations.2. Open a code window, and choose References on the Tools menu.Are any of the checked referecnes marked as MISSING?If ...

Limit OWA users to one domain?
I have an 2003 OWA server, and users from other exchange sites are using it to access their mail, which I would like to restrict. Is there any way to limit who can access the machine? I set a specific login domain and also forced the webmail login page to append this domain name before the username that is typed in, but if the user logs in with their email address from the other domains (there are multiple sites, each with their own domainname), the system allows them to login. Is there a way to restrict t his? The easiest way to deny access to OWA is by denying them access to the...

Find First on Other Form
Happy Spring Groupies!! I am trying to have access open a second form (and find the first occurrence of a job number) based on what I select on my first form. Unfortunately, I am getting a syntax error in my code: Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strFind As String Dim JobNumber As String Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone strFind = Me.cmbJob docmd.openform "frmPopEditMLT",acnormal,rs.FindFirst "[JobNumber]=""" & strFind & """" <syntax error> I am not very good with code. Can somebody please help me fix this? -...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...

Where does one find the Contacts in Outlook 2002?
Where does one find the Contacts in Outlook 2002 (on my "C" dive?) Is there something in particular I need to be searching for? Thanks...Dan All Outlook data is in one file. The file you need to look for is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dan" <joe@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:XbSpb.92254$ZH4.2761@twister.socal.rr.com... > Where does one find the Contact...

Macro to copy data frow rows to one column
With this macro I try to copy data in columns B:M (12 months) and rows 3:8 (6 years) into one column only, to then make a 1-serie graph. Data sample could be this group archive, at the bottom of page: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.excel/about But I get errors. Thanks for help. DestinationRowID = 10 For RowID = 3 To 8 For ColID = B To M Range((ColID) + CStr(RowID)).Select Selection.Copy Range("B" + CStr(DestinationRowID + 1)).Select ActiveSheet.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False Next Next One way (I think): ...

can't highlight cell
When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the cell or it's formula itself. Help! Tools>Options, Edit tab, check Edit directly in cell -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "MM" <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3883756F-29AC-482D-8205-F61892E8523D@microsoft.com... > When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. > Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the &...

One query to multiple databases
Hello, I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are not. Several times, every day, I run the same query on each of them, and then I combine all the results I get from each base. Is there anyway that I can do this automatically? Use a UNION query. -- Build a little, test a little. "bvdahl" wrote: > Hello, > > I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc > connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are...

Search Form Result to excel - Item not found
Hi, I have a search form and have been given the task of getting the searched filtered records to an excel spreadsheet. I am getting "Item Not Found In This Collection" and do not know where to start to find the reason. I have taken the following and adapted from another working similar application. ' this is to send the forms results to an excel spreadsheet Dim dbsCurrent As DAO.Database Dim qryTest As QueryDef Dim SQL As String Dim QueryStringSelect As String Dim QueryStringFrom As String Dim QueryStringWhere As String 'output filtered data if some filter...

can any one help me in viewing DHCP active leases database ?
hi, i am working on a project, as part of the module i have to retrive entire ipaddress which r dynamically alloted by DHCP server to all it's DHCP client , these dynamically alloted ipaddress r maintained in active leases database of DHCP server how i am able to view or retrive the data from DHCP server using MFC or is there any other way in getting dynamically alloted ipaddress from DHCP server, i have struck up with this. pls can any one help me in this . my advance thank's to any body answer me and get me out of this prob. byeee lucky "...

highlight color using keyboard(shortcut)
Could you please tell me how to use keyboard (short cut) to highligh color for any cell or row in excell without moving a mouse to color ta in tool bar menue. Thank you for your help Vicki ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fairly long key sequence to do it through the menu, rather impractical... my suggestion is to record a marco and assign it a keyboard shortcut. Nikos Y.(nyannaco at in dot gr) >-----Original Message----- > >Could you please ...

custom forms and macintosh
I have created a custom form in outlook 2000. I can see this form on all PC's at our site, but can't see it on Macs running either Office 2001 or Entourage. IS this feature missing for the Macs? ...

highlights
Hi all Can you help me and tell me if this is at all possible using conditional formatting or a formula I4 is to equal to b4 times c4. If d4 is not the same as i4 then d4 needs to highlight in red. However if d4 is a negative number then d4 should remain normal, not highlighted. Thank You Shorty, =AND(D4>=0, D4<>I4) -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Shorty" <Mysteryjim@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:i6I2e.8230$zl.6378@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Hi all > > Can ...