hide a text box in a continuous form

I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous
form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a
check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the
CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the
Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF
as well.

There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here:
http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm
A2K or Higher Only!

New Feb 08,2002. Added support for Datasheet view and SubForms.

A2KConditionalFormatting.zip is a sample MDB demonstrating how to
programmatically setup Conditional Formatting to simulate:

1) Highlighting of the Current Row for a Form in Continuous or Datasheet
View

2) Highlighting of Alternate Rows for a Form in Continuous or Datasheet View

Version 2.7

Added sample demonstrating how to achieve a background Hover/Highlighting of
rows for a form in Continuous view.

Version 2.3

Added sample demonstrating how to achieve pseudo enable/disable of an
unbound control on a form in Continuous View.

Version 1.9

Added sample form to show how to apply conditional formatting to based on a
Boolean(Yes/No) field.
--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous
> form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a
> check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

0
Stephen

Checkbox control and forms
I have a database with a few different tables but each table is pretty much the same. The tables have a set of tasks in the cells in Column A (a daily routine to be completed). All other columns in cell 1 have a number 1-31 for each day of the month. I'm trying to create a windows application (I'm using Visual Studio) that as soon as it comes up asks for the users initials, then goes to the main form with a list of tasks that comes from one of the tables (I guess I'll connect using datagrid view for the rows?), beside each task there will be a check box and when the user ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Query by Form-TJ
I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on a form using Access 2000 I need to bring back the appropriate records in a subform. On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:08:01 -0700, ambushsinger <ambushsinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Query by Form can't do that. It can only select records in the current form view. After that, you can potentially open a new form with that subset of records in a subform. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on >a form using Access 200...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Forms issues
This form has five sections (all on a tab control) 1. materials 2. up 3. down and 4. take up and 5. properties. Each of these sections have parameters associated within the tab.. Section 1 is special because each of the following sections depend and the results yeilded depend on the formulation of materials in section 1. By the way each Formula is composed of maybe 3 different ingrediants at different amounts. So for example A under section 1 could be materials x, y, z at 3g 4g 5g. Section 2 will than keep A and do many trials tweeking one or two processes, if okay Section three will build...

hide my name

White Text On Black
I've looked through my printer's settings (Epson) and haven't found anything helpful there. Is there a setting in Word 2004 that'll reverse the colors? No sense in running through all that black ink. Thanks. Dave I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but my guess is that it's best answered by simply saying that there is no such thing as "white" ink - at least not at anything less than special spot color at the commercial printing level. White on the typical home/office printer simply means the absence of ink in those locations where it's called ...

Dynamic Range and Combo Box
I've succeeded in creating a dynamic named range by following the instructions at http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic I've half succeeded in using it to populate a combo box. The combo box happily takes the values in the range when I first created the combo box but it doesn't use any additional entries I make to the named range. I know Excel's seeing the new entries because I'm testing it with =SUM(MyRange). This alters as soon as I add anything to it. Where am I going wrong? Steve You could use the combobox from the Forms toolbar, which updates...

Title & Text Layout Format Issues
I believe this has been answered before but cannot locate. (probably Echo) On a Title & Text Layout slide I manually reduced the font size so all text would fit. I saved the file but when re-opening it reverted back to the large size. The auto correct options are all turned off. THX! Fritz PPT 2003. I think you've run into a bug, Fritz. The info at this link offers some workarounds: Text size or other formatting is lost when you save, close, and reopen a presentation http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00849.htm -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com Wha...

Button Text not showing :Too many items in Oppurtunity Menubar
Hi, It is indeed necessary for me to display the Text for all the buttons. But, there exist a lot many and CRM is hiding the text. How can i tackle this? How can MenuITem be useful (if at all.)? Thanks. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF Report Engine, Part 2 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0ad2fa61-7f0c-485f-92c9-cf3a9ee210a7/wpf-report-engine-part-2.aspx You could try hiding toolbar buttons you don't need using JavaScript. This code will hide "Create Invoice" button on "Order" entity form. var mb = document.getEle...

enter key behavior on a form
what property setting activates the next text box when hitting the enter key? right now hitting the enter key submits the form. i only want the enter key to submit the form when the command button is highlited --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Zygoid, It's the TabIndex property of the control. Set them in ascending order. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Zygoid >" <<Zygoid.113pks@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Zygoid.113pks@ex...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

how to draw static text in a dialog
I creat a dilog and want to display some lines in the static text of the dialog . this is code: CWnd *pWnd = (CWnd*)GetDlgItem(IDC_mystatictext); CDC* pDC= CWnd::GetDC(); pDC->MoveTo(0, 0); pDC->LineTo(600, 400); but it just display in the dialog and cannot display in the static text! I just a newer one to study vc,thanks for yous help. You dont have to draw anything. Simply call SetWindowText on it: CWnd *pWnd = GetDlgItem(IDC_mystatictext); ASSERT_VALID(pWnd); pWnd->SetWindowText(_T("SomeText")); --- Ajay liuerbin2000@163.com wrote: > I creat a dilog and want t...

Inserted images and pasted text is the wrong color in publisher.
When I insert a picture (jpg) from file or scan it in, it places it as a green picture even though I scanned as a full color. Also copied black text, when pasted into publisheris pasted in green? Am I missing a default setting. Everything I try to insert or past is green. Have you looked to see if there is an updated video driver lately? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "CaryK" <CaryK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB4633E-93FF-44DF-B237-0B2E6DC9D4DD@microsoft.com... >...

text wrap problem
Hi all I'm importing address info into Excel from our in-house database. Th addresses comes as a block with line breaks which show up as a squar in Excel (when text wrap is off). I need to change these marks int commas. Is there any way to do this automatically? I dont have VBA knowledge but suspect this is where the answer lies. Apologies if this is an innane question to some but Im stumped. Cheers Lo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From a previous post: Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that can help identify those funny characters. http://www.cpearson.c...

Text is Truncated With String Variable
If I do this: Dim theTxt as String theTxt = Activesheet.Cells(1,1).Text for some reason the text (which is actually 1849 characters long) is truncated to 1024 characters. If I do this: Dim theTxt as Variant theTxt = Activesheet.Cells(1,1) I get the complete text string from the cell. Can someone tell me why these two approaches are giving me different results? Thanks, Eric One uses the .text property, the other uses the default property (.value). EricG wrote: > > If I do this: > > Dim theTxt as String > > theTxt = Activeshee...

Hiding a worksheet #3

No Text Shadow option
Using Excel 2002, Win XP. I have all the buttons on the Formatting toolbar showing, yet there is no Text Shadow option. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Stan Stan AFAIK there is not such feature for text only. You can use the Drawing Toolbar to place shadows behind Graphics, WordArt, Autoshapes and Text boxes. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 03:46:51 +0200, "Stan" <me@there> wrote: >Using Excel 2002, Win XP. >I have all the buttons on the Formatting toolbar showing, yet there is >no Text Shadow option. >Any suggestions will...

chart on the form
Is it possible to have chart controls on the form? I would like to have Excel chart like bare, pie, line chart on the form base on the data in the table. Is it possible to do this? If yes, any controls or activeX controls available for Access? Your information is great appreciated, Use Pivot Chart view and select pivot chart on form properties. Damon "Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40472F3E-CA90-4D7A-9FBB-75F89078CBD5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have chart controls on the form? > > I would like to have Excel chart like...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Non-modal forms and multiple documents
I have a non-modal form over my documents for convenience tools while I am working with it. Essentially a constantly-running macro until the form is closed. It is set to automatically run upon opening the file. The macro/form is based off a template file so that if I send the document to someone else, they won't get the macros, since they don't need it. The problem I am coming across is that if I have documentA loaded, with the macro running, and open up documentB for reference. Instead of running a separate process of the macro, it takes over the macro running with ...

cannot see my dialog/forms.
By accident i excluded a file or something from my project, now i dont see my gui anymore,. i try to include the res files, but in the resource viewer i dont see the dialofg box nomore. the appl. still compiles and runs, what do i have to do to get the gui back? thanx N. Karademir Smart Software wrote: > By accident i excluded a file or something from my project, now i dont see > my gui anymore,. > i try to include the res files, but in the resource viewer i dont see the > dialofg box nomore. > the appl. still compiles and runs, > > what do i have to do to get the ...

only returning cells with Text in it
Hi, I have a column that returns some text, if something else is true. Now what I want to do is take only the cells in that column and list them on another sheet. The trick is, that ill need to do this with a frmula, since it will be a hosted template and the user wont be able to use excel functions like sort, etc. so, if I have 10 cells and 3 of them have test in them, I want to show only the text in those 3 cells in another sheet. I hope that makes sense.... Thanks for your help.... Assuming that Sheet1!A1:A10 contains your data, enter the following formula in Sheet2!A1 and copy do...

how to hide an ActiveX control?