Help with Update Query

How do I setup my code so that the following query will fire only on the
items on form match the order number?

UPDATE tblItemSerShipLog INNER JOIN tblLocationDataC2 ON (tblItemSerShipLog.
SerialNum = tblLocationDataC2.SerialNum) AND (tblItemSerShipLog.Item =
tblLocationDataC2.Item) SET tblLocationDataC2.OrderNum = [tblItemSerShipLog].
[OrderNum], tblItemSerShipLog.CustNum = [tblItemSerShipLog].[CustNum],
tblLocationDataC2.Shipped = Yes, tblLocationDataC2.DateShipped =
[tblItemSerShipLog].[TransDate];

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66

hi Matt,

On 09.03.2010 05:15, mattc66 via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> How do I setup my code so that the following query will fire only on the
> items on form match the order number?
Place an If clause around it... btw, what code are you talking about?

*Perhaps* you mean something different: How should you rewrite the query
that it only updates the matching orders?

Using table aliases:

UPDATE tblItemSerShipLog L
INNER JOIN tblLocationDataC2 D
ON (L.SerialNum = D.SerialNum) AND (L.Item = D.Item)
SET D.OrderNum = L.[OrderNum],
     L.CustNum = [L].[CustNum],
     D.Shipped = Yes,
     D.DateShipped = [L].[TransDate]
WHERE D.OrderNum = Forms!yourForm![OrderNum]

hmm,  L.CustNum = [L].[CustNum] makes no sense as it does not change
anything.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/9/2010 9:52:29 AM
How could I just run this code in my form on a click event?

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66
3/9/2010 2:53:20 PM
hi Matt,

On 09.03.2010 15:53, mattc66 via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> How could I just run this code in my form on a click event?
Could you please post a concise and complete example of you have already
and rephrase your question to be more precise than that?

Otherwise save this query and use

   DoCmd.OpenQuery "yourNameOfThisQuery"

to execute it.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/9/2010 3:14:38 PM
I think you are right on target with what you have told me.

I am trying to update the data in tblLocationDataC2 from Data in
tblItemSerShipLog. The feilds to update are as follows:
OrderNum
CustNum
TransDate
DateShipped set to YES

Do this on the data that match the Order Number found on form frmShipMain and
match the tblItemSerShipLog.

When I run the below query with a valid order number it comes up blank.

UPDATE tblItemSerShipLog AS L INNER JOIN tblLocationDataC2 AS D ON (L.Item =
D.Item) AND (L.SerialNum = D.SerialNum) SET D.OrderNum = L.[OrderNum], D.
CustNum = [L].[CustNum], D.Shipped = Yes, D.DateShipped = [L].[TransDate]
WHERE (((D.OrderNum)=[Forms]![frmShipMain]![OrderNum]));

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66
3/9/2010 3:26:02 PM
Correction

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66
3/9/2010 3:33:54 PM
hi Matt,

On 09.03.2010 16:26, mattc66 via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Do this on the data that match the Order Number found on form frmShipMain and
> match the tblItemSerShipLog.
>
> When I run the below query with a valid order number it comes up blank.
When you're switching the queries view to 'View' then this may be
correct, as it only shows the existing data, not the updated one. You
need to press the exclamation mark.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/9/2010 3:46:01 PM
It works now.

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66

sumifs help

DST Updates applied but Public Folders still show appointments off
I have an SBS 2003 SP1 server with Exchange SP2 installed. I have installed the server OS patch, run the Exchange tool, run the Outlook tool, and applied the Exchange DST patch. My client's Public Folders still shows appointments as one hour off. Can anyone help with this? -- Thanks, Deanna! you ran the Time Zone data update tool for MS Outlook against the Public Folder calendars, explicitly? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Deanna" <Deanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB13F19-7927-465B-B9C8-631FA2791F4D@microsoft.com... >I have an SBS 2003 SP1 ...

Help !

MS Query variable
Is it possible to pass a variable to an MS query from and excel spreadsheet. ie. can the user enter something into a cell on sheet1 and this be called into an MSquery and the query run on this info? Dean This is certainly possible. However the MSquery results must be returned to excel. You need to access the query properties (right click in the data returned area) and select the Parameters option. This menu option is sensitive to the fact that the query is expecting parameters so ensure that the query is constructed for this first. (MSQuery help hsows you how) Then it is simply a m...

Help with this thing

Security Updates
I have in my Control Panel 38 Security Updates for Windows each with 6.83MB's & 6 Update for Windows. I am wondering if they are all necessary (especially the 38 Security Updates) or does each new update override the previous one and therefore all previous updates can be deleted or must I keep all the updates...Thanks kindly ..fipsey fipsey wrote: > I have in my Control Panel 38 Security Updates for Windows each > with 6.83MB's & 6 Update for Windows. I am wondering if they are > all necessary (especially the 38 Security Updates) or does each new > u...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Use Outlook to send to contacts in a query
Is there a way to set Outlook to send to contacts stored in a query (or a table) WITHOUT just importing them and doing it that way? I want to create a database, set Outlook to look in it, and have it send to contacts whose contact information will be listed in that database. Alan: Yes, there is a way. But have you explored, and rejected, storing contacts in Outlook and creating Outlook Distribution Lists? If you really need to store your contacts in Access, then you could use VBA code in your Access database to start Outlook and send and an email (or Mailitem as Outlook calls it). Y...

exch 5.5 help

Automatic Updates should not be able to restart your computer when
When you have a very important Excel document open that you have not saved and simply go away for a few minutes, it is quite frustrating to come back and find that Windows Updates has restarted your machine for you. Shouldn't the Automated Windows Updates be aware that there are unsaved documents open? ...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Form updating on it's own!
I have a front-end / back-end situation where the tables reside on the back end machine and the forms on the front end. When I opened the form, which allows for simply data entry via some text fields, as I was typing into the first field, the form cleared! When I checked the tables, the data I had typed to that point was there... Almost like the back end PULLED the data from the other machine! Any ideas on what can cause this to happen? TIA... Dale: Yes, I know about the tab order. There are about 15 fields on this form. I was in the middle of the very first one in the tab order.....

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

League table automatic sort/update
Hi All I'm just getting up to speed with Excel and as an exercise I'm trying to implement a simple league table. What I'd like to know is how to create 'dynamically' a ranking table like the one shown below. Pos Player Points 1 Tom 124 2 Linda 122 3 Harry 107 4 Jayne 100 4 Bob 100 5 Steve 89 6 Mark 88 7 John 80 8 Angie 77 9 Andrew 71 The table is sorted on the points column, the values for which are referenced from another sheet. Ideally I'd Like the table to be sorted automatically as players points total change(based on calculations In another sheet). ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Query to Count "0" in Row
I am trying to create an expression in a query that says if CONTRIBUTION BEGIN year is less then 2006 and the AUTE2 = 00/00/00 then count the number of "0" in the rown and multiply that by 58. This is what I had thought up so far, but I know it isn't right. CONTRIBUTION DUE: IIF([CONTRIBUTION BEGIN], 'yyyy' <2006, AND AUTE2 = 00/00/00, Count "0" And Multiply by 58 Any input is greatly appreciated. -Anthony Morano What kind of data type is being stored in your [AUTE2] field? If that is supposed to be a date, I don't think Access considers #00/00/00...

Price/Balance Updates
Since 1/14/04, whenever I try to update the prices in my portfolio, I get a successful update, but the prices and the "Last Updated' date has not changed. I did all the Money updates to make sure I wasn't missing anything new...but no luck. Has anyone else noticed this problem ??? TK Vanacoro (hehe: while writing this I did an update and the prices updated. Go Figure!) Yes, I started have this problem also. None of my stock/index prices will update. I have uninstalled/reinstalled; it updated the first time, but thats it. It could have something to do with the MSN webserv...

Your Help is Appreciated