Help with hidding a column in Excel

I need to hide a column in excel from access. How can I do that?
Alaa

"Al" wrote:

> I need to hide a column in excel from access. How can I do that?
> Alaa

Hi Al, one of the nice things about Excel is that you can record a macro and
then inspect the code. I recommend that this is the method that you use to
learn what you want to do in this case. Then just copy the code into your
Access routine.

You did not ask how to set a reference to Excel and then open a workbook. So
I assume you know how to do this. If you're not sure, then this site has a
good search engine to allow you to browse existing responses to this issue.

Luck
Jonathan.
Thanks Jonathan, I got it working now.

"Jonathan" wrote:

> "Al" wrote:
>
> > I need to hide a column in excel from access. How can I do that?
> > Alaa
>
> Hi Al, one of the nice things about Excel is that you can record a macro and
> then inspect the code. I recommend that this is the method that you use to
> learn what you want to do in this case. Then just copy the code into your
> Access routine.
>
> You did not ask how to set a reference to Excel and then open a workbook. So
> I assume you know how to do this. If you're not sure, then this site has a
> good search engine to allow you to browse existing responses to this issue.
>
> Luck
> Jonathan.

Access data into Excel across columns
Is there a way to create an Access report that would take the field 'names' and expand the records from left to right (text vertical) rather than from top to bottom? The other alternative would be to bring the data into Excel and have it populate pre-formatted cells from left to right (across columns). I'm using Office XP Thanks in advance! ...

sumifs help

Help !

Excel 2007 Tables
Hi, I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table" tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!! The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for example). Any suggestions on why this would be happening? Thanks! Hi Tammy I love to see yo...

Help with this thing

Excel chart to Access report
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I'm clutching at straws here.... I have a chart which must be created in Excel because the Access chart interface does not (to my knowledge) permit custom error bars. The problem is that I want then to include the graph in an Access report. I can see how, via automation, I can address the chart from code in the Access report. I just don't know how to actually include it, if you get my meaning. I thought placing an unbound OLE object control in the report would be a good start, but I don't seem to be able to move the chart data into...

Excel Macro to delete rows
Hello, I have an excel Sheet in which I have a blank row below the cell which contains "<<<Mem>>>". I vave some random data and multiple such cells. Can I get some help with the excel macros for the same? Harsh Assuming "Mem" is in column E: Sub DeleteRowBelowMem() For i=cells(rows.count,5).end(xlup).row to 1 step -1 if cells(i,5).value="Mem" then rows(i+1).Delete Next End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP HTH "Harsh" <cooldreamz83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1159983014.172239.234480@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Moving Row Data to Column/Row Groups
First off...great forum with super smart participants. Hopefully, I ca tap into some of this brain power!! :) I have received an Excel emai spreadsheet containing hundreds of names and corresponding emai addresses. Problem is the data runs on one line from A1 to GB1. Fo example, A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1, etc (name 1)(email 1)(name 2)(email 2)(name 3)(email 3) etc. I need to break the data to a two column format with the first colum containing the name and the second column containing the emai address...then dropping down to the next row and listing the next set then the next and so on. The good ne...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

Macro Help

help me #2

Excel #67
Where in Microsoft can I download and Excel update called SR1 or SR2. I need this for a QuickBooks Payroll link. What version of Excel do you have? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c011c70-47d0-4306-9fa4-8e92d36332fe&displaylang=en or http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-4289-8bd1-eb966bcdfb5e&displaylang=en the former 2000, the latter 2002 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "KJ" <blueeyes1484@hotmail.com> wrote...

column width on register
Is it possible to increase the width of a column on the register to accomodate 6 to 8 numbers (i.e. 09310301)? Dale Stephens ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated