HELP !! Combo box to feed other combo boxes

Hi,

I have a form with a stock list.  One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock
can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for
single allocations.

I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in
bulk.  I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer
of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button
which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value
of combo1 to the value of combo2.  This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop
for specified number of records.

I cannot get combo1 to update to the value of combo2 at the moment.  Any
help/advise/better ideas would be appreciated !!!

Thanks

On Dec 18, 6:10 am, Flanders <Fland...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a form with a stock list.  One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock
> can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for
> single allocations.
>
> I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in
> bulk.  I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer
> of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button
> which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value
> of combo1 to the value of combo2.  This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop
> for specified number of records.
>
> I cannot get combo1 to update to the value of combo2 at the moment.  Any
> help/advise/better ideas would be appreciated !!!
>
> Thanks

I'm having a hard time envisioning this.  A stock list is a list of
stock found in a warehouse.  What would a [Dealer Allocated] field
do?  If each record represents one classification of stock, with the
quantity thereof, then how could it show allocation of various
quantities to the various dealers?  Your solution doesn't shed light
on what you are trying to do either.  What are the underlying tables,
and what are the fields in those tables?  What is the value that you
are trying to store?
0
OldPro
12/18/2007 2:26:08 PM
Hi,

Ok sorry about that - more detail required !!
This is for a telecoms company who sell top up vouchers to dealers who sell
them on to customers. This database is to keep track of stock, which dealers
they have been 'sold' to and to create invoices for the dealers.  There are
two tables involved one holding all possible dealer names and one holding all
the stock items with an extra field to hold the dealer allocated ID.  The
dealer ID is selected from combo box and stored in stock table.  Invoices are
then generated from this.

The problem is at the moment each voucher has to be allocated one at a time
in my stock list form and I want to be able to 'bulk' allocate 10 or more at
a time as some dealers take up to 100 in one go !

Is that better ?!

Thanks

"OldPro" wrote:

> On Dec 18, 6:10 am, Flanders <Fland...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a form with a stock list.  One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock
> > can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for
> > single allocations.
> >
> > I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in
> > bulk.  I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer
> > of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button
> > which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value
> > of combo1 to the value of combo2.  This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop
> > for specified number of records.
> >
> > I cannot get combo1 to update to the value of combo2 at the moment.  Any
> > help/advise/better ideas would be appreciated !!!
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I'm having a hard time envisioning this.  A stock list is a list of
> stock found in a warehouse.  What would a [Dealer Allocated] field
> do?  If each record represents one classification of stock, with the
> quantity thereof, then how could it show allocation of various
> quantities to the various dealers?  Your solution doesn't shed light
> on what you are trying to do either.  What are the underlying tables,
> and what are the fields in those tables?  What is the value that you
> are trying to store?

 - More info...

The stock list actually lists each individual item separately, as they are
all coded with specific serial numbers which I need to keep track of ! :O)

On Dec 18, 8:45 am, Flanders <Fland...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
>  - More info...
>
> The stock list actually lists each individual item separately, as they are
> all coded with specific serial numbers which I need to keep track of ! :O)
>

> "OldPro" wrote:
> > On Dec 18, 6:10 am, Flanders <Fland...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I have a form with a stock list.  One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock
> > > can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for
> > > single allocations.
>
> > > I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in
> > > bulk.  I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer
> > > of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button
> > > which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value
> > > of combo1 to the value of combo2.  This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop
> > > for specified number of records.
>
> > > I cannot get combo1 to update to the value of combo2 at the moment.  Any
> > > help/advise/better ideas would be appreciated !!!
>
> > > Thanks
>
> > I'm having a hard time envisioning this.  A stock list is a list of
> > stock found in a warehouse.  What would a [Dealer Allocated] field
> > do?  If each record represents one classification of stock, with the
> > quantity thereof, then how could it show allocation of various
> > quantities to the various dealers?  Your solution doesn't shed light
> > on what you are trying to do either.  What are the underlying tables,
> > and what are the fields in those tables?  What is the value that you
> > are trying to store?- Hide quoted text -

That clears things up substantually.  It seems like there should be
another table with the different product classifications, unless you
really only have one product.  I am still having a hard time
envisioning vouchers laying around on some dusty shelf in a warehouse,
waiting to be sold, or why a voucher would have a serial number.
Never-the-less I believe that I can help.

First, you will need a form in which to create the invoice.  A lookup
field should supply the dealer information.  This can be done by
either linking the form to the dealer table, and using a combobox to
lookup the dealer, or through visual basic code.  Second, you will
need a method of selecting individual items, or a range of items to
sell to this dealer.  One way, is to use a listbox, where the user can
select multiple items at one time, and a button that then transfers
the selected items to a second listbox that will serve as the detail
for the invoice.  Another way is to have two textboxes into which the
user puts the beginning and ending serial numbers (assuming they are
contiguous).  The textboxes could also be comboboxes where the user
selects the first and last serial numbers from a list.  Both of these
methods will require some coding: at the moment, I don't see a way to
do this without some coding.  The skill level required is
intermediate.
0
OldPro
12/18/2007 3:13:58 PM
Hi,  thank you for that.  The vouchers actually sit in a cabinet !!  The
serial numbers are used to 'top-up' with - user enters this into their phone
to top up their prepaid mobile, which ensures vouchers are only used once !

There is a table holding the stock classifications as there are different
values of top-up card (£5, £10, £20) plus the Sim cards are included in this
stock list which have the sim number as the serial number.

I have done some coding before so am fairly comfortable with it - its just
knowing what code to actually use !!

Thanks

"OldPro" wrote:

> On Dec 18, 8:45 am, Flanders <Fland...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> >  - More info...
> >
> > The stock list actually lists each individual item separately, as they are
> > all coded with specific serial numbers which I need to keep track of ! :O)
> >

> > "OldPro" wrote:

> > > I'm having a hard time envisioning this.  A stock list is a list of
> > > stock found in a warehouse.  What would a [Dealer Allocated] field
> > > do?  If each record represents one classification of stock, with the
> > > quantity thereof, then how could it show allocation of various
> > > quantities to the various dealers?  Your solution doesn't shed light
> > > on what you are trying to do either.  What are the underlying tables,
> > > and what are the fields in those tables?  What is the value that you
> > > are trying to store?- Hide quoted text -

> That clears things up substantually.  It seems like there should be
> another table with the different product classifications, unless you
> really only have one product.  I am still having a hard time
> envisioning vouchers laying around on some dusty shelf in a warehouse,
> waiting to be sold, or why a voucher would have a serial number.
> Never-the-less I believe that I can help.
>
> First, you will need a form in which to create the invoice.  A lookup
> field should supply the dealer information.  This can be done by
> either linking the form to the dealer table, and using a combobox to
> lookup the dealer, or through visual basic code.  Second, you will
> need a method of selecting individual items, or a range of items to
> sell to this dealer.  One way, is to use a listbox, where the user can
> select multiple items at one time, and a button that then transfers
> the selected items to a second listbox that will serve as the detail
> for the invoice.  Another way is to have two textboxes into which the
> user puts the beginning and ending serial numbers (assuming they are
> contiguous).  The textboxes could also be comboboxes where the user
> selects the first and last serial numbers from a list.  Both of these
> methods will require some coding: at the moment, I don't see a way to
> do this without some coding.  The skill level required is
> intermediate.

sumifs help

Setting the range of a dialog box slider
Can anyone help me to set the min and max values of a slider control on a slider control in a dialog box, I created the control with the resource editor and do not know how to access the class of the control (the class wizard only creates a class for the dialog box), is there a way to attach a CSliderCtrl class to the resource or is there some other way to access the object in C++. SiBorg wrote: > Can anyone help me to set the min and max values of a slider control on a slider control in a dialog box, I created the control with the resource editor and do not know how to access the class of...

change check box value based on combo box value
I have a form (Form1) with a combo box (Combo43) with three values: Reference 1 Antenatal 1 Quant 1 I also have two check boxes (check36 and check34) What is the best way to implement such that when Reference 1 is selected in the combo box, check34 changes from false to true, and when Antenenal 1 or quant 1 is selected, check 36 changes to true? I've tried something along the lines of, but no luck: Private Sub Combo43_AfterUpdate() If Me.Combo43 = "Reference 1" Then Me.Check32 = True Else Me.Check32 = False End If End Sub I'm a beginner at this, so any help would be ...

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

text box float over photo?
Pub 2k, Is there a way to float a text box over a photo or vice versa? (photo program layering) thanks, Sure, what problems are you running into? If your photo is in the back make the text box transparent.(No fill, ctrl+t). If you place the text box in the back, you will have to think about the wrap. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "L." <ofa@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23fFs6ZDiHHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Pub 2k, > > Is there a way to float a text box over a photo or vice v...

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

adding combo to toolbar
Hi, I want to put a combo box on a toolbar. The following is my code. The combobox showed, but the size is not enlarged, it still the same size as other toolbar button. Can any one tell me how to fix this? Thanks int nToolBtnCnt = pToolBar->GetToolBarCtrl().GetButtonCount(); //convert last button to a seperator and get its position RECT lastBtnRect; UINT nID, nStyle; int nImage; pToolBar->GetButtonInfo( nToolBtnCnt-1, nID, nStyle, nImage ); pToolBar->SetButtonInfo( nToolBtnCnt-1, nID, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 160 ); pToolBar->GetItemRect( nToolBtnCnt-1, &lastBtnRect ); //expand the...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

Combo box in sub-form
To John W Vinson: Any chance of an answer to my previous question, as follows? I really would appreciate your help; you're my last hope! > On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:21:01 -0800, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote: > > >I have a Track Artists table with field headings: Track Artist ID, Track > >Artist, Recording ID & Track ID. There are 3 names entered. > >When I click on a Track Artist field in the Sub-forn, a down arrow appears. > >If I click on the arrow a drop-down list appears but it is empty. When I > >double clic...

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...