Getting error passing variable

Good morning, and thanks for reading this.
I have a main form with a subform on it.What I'm trying to do is to pass a
string {strHeader} from the main form to a label on the subform. This is the
code I have.

strHeader = "Delete Staff"

Forms!SubFrmFind!Label6.Caption = strHeader

I keep getting an error when I try to access the subform. It says that Access
can't find the form SubFrmFind referred to in macro or vb code.

I put a msgbox strHeader on the subform and it displays it when both form
load.

Your help is appreciated.
I'm using Access 2003

Afrosheen

Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>Good morning, and thanks for reading this.
>I have a main form with a subform on it.What I'm trying to do is to pass a
>string {strHeader} from the main form to a label on the subform. This is the
>code I have.
>
>strHeader = "Delete Staff"
>
>Forms!SubFrmFind!Label6.Caption = strHeader
>
>I keep getting an error when I try to access the subform. It says that Access
>can't find the form SubFrmFind referred to in macro or vb code.
>
>I put a msgbox strHeader on the subform and it displays it when both form
>load.

Subform is not members of the Forms collection.  They are
displayed by a subform control on the mainform.  That means
you need to reference the things on a subform by foing
throuught the main form and the subform control.  To
reference a subform from a different mainform:
	Forms!mainform.subformcontrol.Form.control

Or, a subform from the same main form:
	Me.subformcontrol.Form.control

In your case, I think you should use:
	Me.SubFrmFind.Form!Label6.Caption = strHeader

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Thanks for the help.

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>Good morning, and thanks for reading this.
>>I have a main form with a subform on it.What I'm trying to do is to pass a
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>>I put a msgbox strHeader on the subform and it displays it when both form
>>load.
>
>Subform is not members of the Forms collection.  They are
>displayed by a subform control on the mainform.  That means
>you need to reference the things on a subform by foing
>throuught the main form and the subform control.  To
>reference a subform from a different mainform:
>	Forms!mainform.subformcontrol.Form.control
>
>Or, a subform from the same main form:
>	Me.subformcontrol.Form.control
>
>In your case, I think you should use:
>	Me.SubFrmFind.Form!Label6.Caption = strHeader

Afrosheen

MSCOMCTL.OCX runtime error
I am trying to use an older program (developed probably around 2003/4). When I attempt to run it I get the following message: > > Run-time error '339': > > Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly > registered: a file is missing or invalid > I found this website from google, this specific thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/845481.htm so I decided to try doing what was suggested in that thread. None of the things that were suggested helped, then it mentioned something about dependency walker. I opened the ...

Outlook 2003 error #16
My PC crashed last night, and when I restarted it, Outlook 2003 gave an error message that the personal folders had been improperly terminated, and it was trying to recover. That message disappeared after a few seconds, and a normal-looking Outlook window came up. But now, when I try to send/recieve email, I get the error message: Task 'Verizon Main - Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600' Is there a way to recover Outlook without losing the inbox, which contains numerous unread emails? Running Vista Home Premium edition. In the first in...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

A Crystal Beginner

GP 10 new install (trial)
Hello, I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it. Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..." It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything, same result. Would anybody have a clue? This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run M...

"Compile error in hidden module: GlobalCodeModule"
Hi, we have 3 versions of office installed 2003, 2007, 2010. We have had no problems with that until a week ago or so. In Word 2003 we have code in a global template which uses a treeview control from mscomctl.ocx. I'm not sure that this is the problem though. I have tried to uncheck the reference to theat control and save the template, but then I get another error message "The disk is full. etc etc". I can't save the template after removing the reference or doing any other editing in that template. This not only occurring on my computer. I suspect a rec...

Combo Box Yes/No error
Hello. I have a form that I want to add a function in the footer that will allow me to sort the records based on whether they are active or inactive. The field in my table is a yes/no check box that is check for yes and unchecked for no. I have tried to use a combo box with 2 columns, Active and Inactive with corresponding fields yes/no check boxes. I set it up as a 2 column count combo box and hid the yes/no column so active/inactive would appear. I get an error that the expression is too complex.... The information is passed to my query to the Active Yes/No column by using: [Forms]![E...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Server error in '/' Application 08-16-03
When I want to save some information (web based) like a quick Contact, I receive the following error: Server Error in '/' application. A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client ............ anyone an idea ? Thx Hi Everyone, I was having the same error when trying to edit my Business Unit(New Install). I tried your suggested fix but now I cannot open the CRM app from the browser (server nor client) It opens up the IIS default page. How can I correct this? Help!!! Thanks, Jaime >-----Original Message----- >You need to uninstall the 1.1 .N...

Error -2147024773 when changing passwords in OWA
Hi, Mac clients cant seem to change their Windows password using OWA. The error number -2147024773 appears during the password change process. Can anyone help? Other information: Exchange Server 2003/Windows Server 2003 in mixed mode: with SSL installed and the "Change Password Feature in Outlook Web Access" enabled (KB327134) Macs: OS 9 using IE4.5 and IE5. Windows PCs can change passwords without problem. Intermittently I can change the password on the IE4.5 Mac but most of the time I get the error above. Thanks, Martin Can user's who are using a PC change their domain...

Error 3314
I previously set a property to True in a subform field in order to prevent users from leaving a Null value. Error 3314 appears when trying to click in the field to enter information. So, you can't even do what the error message is asking you to do. In addition to that, you can't click anywhere else in the main form until Error 3314 is dealt with (trapped!). I don't really have time to deal with this problem, so I decided to just not make it a required field (setting No instead of Yes in design view). Nothing changed! I've even refreshed the tables and this subform ...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

Money Update error
Running Money 2001 Deluxe, Version 9.0. When connecting to my bank, the last month or so, the bank data all comes back OK, but I'm getting this error: Money Updates: "Error was encountered while processing a downloaded file ("SMRTINET.INI") during Smart Connect." What is the significance of this, and is there a work-around if necessary? Thank you. Harry It is something to do with Money updates. One theory is that some of the MS servers are out of sync. Firstly don't worry about it, secondly try an Internet update as soon as you get this message. This has...