Functional buttons F3,F4,F5

Hi all,
Uh i have e huge problem how can i do this! I need to make functional buttons
to do some operations like save ,delete,or print...Press functional button F3
or click on form button Print  ....
I have buttons alredy and i have code on events on  all this buttons.
I know the way with main modules too put all this code in modules and then to
do if is loaded some form  do some event.
But it is to complicate and i dont have time to do and test all that.
Does somene know how can i do on some easy way .

Zanetti

How about attaching them to a macro and let the macro use the code(function)
you have created... Then from the button call the macro

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"Zanetti via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Uh i have e huge problem how can i do this! I need to make functional buttons
> to do some operations like save ,delete,or print...Press functional button F3
> or click on form button Print  ....
> I have buttons alredy and i have code on events on  all this buttons.
> I know the way with main modules too put all this code in modules and then to
> do if is loaded some form  do some event.
> But it is to complicate and i dont have time to do and test all that.
> Does somene know how can i do on some easy way .

I do this on nice way but i have another problem now
Feature Key Prevew  on form i set on Yes, then i use those procedure On Key
Down.
Code:

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
        Select Case KeyCode
             Case vbKeyEscape:
                                 KeyCode = 0
                                 DoCmd.Close
             Case vbKeyTab:
                                 KeyCode = 0
             Case vbKeyF1:
                                 KeyCode = 0
                                 DoCmd.OpenForm "HelpPoruka"
              Case vbKeyF2
                                 KeyCode = 0
                                 command1_Click
               Case vbKeyF3
                                 KeyCode = 0
                                 command2_Click
               Case vbKeyF5
                                 KeyCode = 0
                                 command3_Click
         End Select
End Sub

Thats all works when focus is on this form.
When focus is on subform this code doesn work.I put same procedure on subform
but nothing!

Instead   command2_Click i put forms!formname!  command2_Click and nothing i
get run time erorr.
I cant tell him name of button..
Tnx

Zanetti
6/13/2007 12:41:34 AM
"Zanetti via AccessMonster.com" <u16908@uwe> wrote in message
>I do this on nice way but i have another problem now
> Feature Key Prevew  on form i set on Yes, then i use those procedure On
> Key
> Down.
> Code:
>
> Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>        Select Case KeyCode
>             Case vbKeyEscape:
>                                 KeyCode = 0
>                                 DoCmd.Close
>             Case vbKeyTab:
>                                 KeyCode = 0
>             Case vbKeyF1:
>                                 KeyCode = 0
>                                 DoCmd.OpenForm "HelpPoruka"
>              Case vbKeyF2
>                                 KeyCode = 0
>                                 command1_Click
>               Case vbKeyF3
>                                 KeyCode = 0
>                                 command2_Click
>               Case vbKeyF5
>                                 KeyCode = 0
>                                 command3_Click
>         End Select
> End Sub
>

> Thats all works when focus is on this form.
> When focus is on subform this code doesn work.I put same procedure on
> subform
> but nothing!
>
> Instead   command2_Click i put forms!formname!  command2_Click and nothing
> get run time erorr.
> I cant tell him name of button..
> Tnx

Another approach is to use a macro called "AutoKeys". In this Macro you can
define Function Keys or Ctrl+X (where X is a character) etc. Create a new
Macro, while editing you must enable "Macro Names" (it's the XYZ button on
the toolbar, or try your right mouse button). Then enter for example:

Macro Name      Action
{F3}                   MyMacroForF3
{F4}                   MyMacroForF4
^R                      MyMacroForControl-R

You can also use a macro called "AutoExec" where you can put anything you
want to happen upon opening the database.

Good luck!

0
Vincent

search button - msgbox on error
I have a search button that prompts for info, then opens a form based on criteria entered. If there are no records to be found based on that criteria, I want the form to NOT open, and a msgbox to display instead. I would prefer that I do this as a macro vs. vba since I'm not familiar with vba just yet...if possible. Also, I am not getting email notifications of replies, even after I choose 'Notify me of replies'... can I have replies sent directly to my email or do I have to go through here? If you can email me directly... ttumastermind@hotmail.com Thank yo...

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Returning a range from an inner function
I have a range of data, which has had the DOLLAR() function performed on it. I would like to get the total of this range using the SUM() function. doing SUM(F1:F4) will not work, so I need to convert the data into values that will work. The VALUE() function is perfect for converting the data into values that will work for SUM(), but the formula SUM(VALUE(F1:F4)) does not work because VALUE() will not accept a range as a parameter (and also does not return a range). I need to perform the VALUE() function on each cell before submitting it to SUM(). There must be some way to do this, cons...

JustifyString function problem
Hi, I'm using the "JustifyString" function (from Stephan Lebans) to right justify three columns in a ListBox. Two of them are working fine ... one's a simple number (long integer) and the other's currency. The third causes an Access 2003 crash! That third column is a long integer which is a link to the autonumber field in another table. Both tables are in the query as I need columns from both tables in the ListBox. If I change the JustifyString to reference the autonumber field in the other table, I still get an Access crash. I didn't review the Access er...

Input Button Command Question
Hi all, Is there a way to have an input button show a default value formatted in date format. That is as d/m/yyyy. (I can get it to show the date but insists on showing it in number format only) Don't know what you mean by "Input Button". Could try something like :- mystring = Format(Date, "d/m/yyyy") CommandButton1.Caption=mystring ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks Brian. Sorry about being unclear. The function is for...

Send Button #4
What do I have to do to find my send button. New system. Can not send a E-Mail. Right click up on the bar where File / Edit / View / Favorites is and place a check next to Outlook Send Mail. >-----Original Message----- >What do I have to do to find my send button. New system. >Can not send a E-Mail. >. > ALT + S will work if you can't find it -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ae01c3cfda$7f999e60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > What d...

Pivot Tables
[Excel 2003] I have a question regarding the activation of pivot table refreshes from a userform. I tried to use the following code in a command button without success: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PovotTableName").RefreshTable I think the code doesnt work because the userform is in another sheet to the pivot table, however I need this to be the case since I have 10 different sheets, each with a different pivot table. Can anyone help ? Roger, Always worth looking in the VBA helpfile which gives good direction on both questions. Try following & see i...

automating functions
I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jim Please tell me what I would have to do and with what tools in order to create such a workflow process. "jmb" wrote: > I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for > example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and > automatically assign a new case to the lea...

Returning a CHAR[] from a function
I have the following function that returns the path of where the program was run from. However I cant seem to return the butter as a CHAR. The code works if I use it in a procedure but not where I need to return the variable CHAR buffer. char CAutoRunDlg::GetProgramPath(void) { char buffer[_MAX_PATH]; //declares maimum path //opens window maximized //_getcwd(,)gets the current working directory // #include <direct.h> //needed for current working directory /* Get the current working directory: */ if( _getcwd( buffer, _MAX_PATH ) == NULL ) perror( "_getcwd error" )...

Turning Off Error Reporting using API Functions and VB
We want to automatically turn off the error reporting options using Windows API functions for the following functions area Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, the Advanced tab and Error Reporting (at the bottom of the screen), which launches the Error Reporting screen. Another way to get to that screen: Open My Computer, right-click on Properties, click on Advanced tab and Error Reporting. Any assistance would be welcome. It's not a program's call. It's the user's decision. --=20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------= --...

Complex functions
Hi All, Suppose you have a very complex and long function that is also subject to a condition, then you will/can have something like: =if(condition(complex function), complex function, other complex function) It can have more lines in the formula bar, so readability below 0 Kelvin. Is there a way to 'name' a function? =If(condition(myfunc = complex function), myfunc, other complex function) With kind regards, JP Yes you can put a formula into an Excel Name (the same as you can give a range an Excel Name. Very powerful it can be too. Do a Google fo...

Match Function
Hi, I have put together a spreadsheet to find codes, states, descriptions. It finds the data by dates. Columns are: Dates, Codes, States, Descriptions If I put in a date it matches the code, state and description. My problem is that if I have 2 dates that are the same it will only match the first date it can find. What kind of formula do I need so that it will output the second or third date data. Thanks for your help. If you need a copy of the spreadsheet please let me know. How many rows of data do you have? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Melanie" <Melanie@discussio...

The send email button???
Why would this not be working from the Rich Client? what happens when you click it - any errors? "Jake Horn" <jhorn@order4chaos.com> wrote in message news:eQqonkzvDHA.684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Why would this not be working from the Rich Client? > > ...

OWA Change Password Button Disappears
Hi, I have 1 front-end 2003 OWA server connected to various Exchange 2003 back-end servers. I have enabled the Change passowrd button via the registry change, and the creation of the IISadmpwd virtual directory in IIS. This worked fine, and the change passowrd button worked ok. All of a sudden the Change Password button dissapeared from the Option menu in OWA. The registry cahnge and virtual directory is still intact and running. Any ideas on why the OWA Change Password button would just disappear? Thanks I'm assuming you're talking about the following registry key: HKLM\Syst...

If Function Function
okay. So I am trying to workout a formula to compute a commision earning. Basically, if X amount of new business is made, then X*Y (corresponding Commision rate percentage), but if new business =<X, then X*Y (Commision rate percentage that is true). Problem is, it's super confusing...anyone have any suggestions? See if this helps: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "aetejada" <aetejada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA4E55F7-9435-4BB6-837A-416A59BB72A0@microsoft.com... > okay. So I am...

Outlook 2002 Change Password function
I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but it does noet seem to work. Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 Important: Outlook client is not member of the domain... There are not many Microsoft Articles about this. Anyone? -- Regards, Menko den Ouden Netherlands Menko den Ouden schreef in deze nieuwsgroep op 23-6-2005 15:28: > I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but > it does noet seem to work. > > Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 > ...

DateDiff function throwing error in Where clause
I have a set of queries that generate dates and want to use DateDiff to select those records with certain dates are greater than others. The following clause keeps giving me an incompatible data type error: WHERE DateDiff('d',[From date],[DatumStvoreni])>0 I have the exact expression in the SELECT clause and it show positive and negative integers just fine, but when I add this test, I get the error. There are no bad values in the dataset, I've looked, and when I export the DateDiff column to a temp table and run a query on that, it works fine. Only when I use t...

timing a function
Good Morning All, I've writen an MFC C++ application, under VC++6.0 . How can I check how much time it takes for a specific function to complete? I need to know how many miliseconds one of my function call takes. Thanks very much in advance, Dudu Arbel If your accuracy requirement is in ms - use GetTickCount. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0167B90-33D2-4A4F-A73D-DC4EBEF81946@microsoft.com... > Good Morning All, > > I've writen an MFC C++ ...

C function prototype
Is that for Class/Object function prototype, I must define the function in header file or .cpp file. MyClass::functionA(); MyClass::functionB(); but for C function prototype, I don't have to define if it's put before the main() function the following is not needed - void stradd (char *s1, char *s2); void stradd (char *s1, int i); ========= #include <iostream> // cannot be iostream.h?? #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <comdef.h> #include <conio.h> #include <windows.h> // must need for SYSTEMTIME //must need C/C++ > General...

non-functioning multiple Array formulas in a workbook
I have a workbook with used for forecasting. I use a template sheet for each forecast (all forecast sheets -54- are the same and contain sheet-level names). On each sheet I have a formula that counts the number of chargeable engagements (where the chargeable engagement is indicated by a "C" in the preceding column) and places the results in a cell with concatenated text. The 'chargeable designation' column is a named range. I can get the formula to work on only two of the worksheets. It can be any two sheets, but it will only work on two sheets maximum. I have tried a numbe...

Data format in publisher merge function
I am trying to merge data from excel to Publisher and some columns of data come across with too many decimal position i.e number in excel 54.090 comes across as 54.09000000003. I have tried to format the columns as text but does not seem to work. DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to merge data from excel to Publisher and some columns of > data come across with too many decimal position i.e number in excel > 54.090 comes across as 54.09000000003. I have tried to format the > columns as text but does not seem to work. Export ...

dir helper functions
I just created the first draft of some PowerShell functions I've added to my profile.ps1 to let me leverage my cmd.exe "dir" command experience, yet use the PowerShell version of this functionality (outputing a stream of Directory and File objects). function dir/od { dir $args | sort LastWriteTime } function dir/o-d { dir $args | sort LastWriteTime -Descending} function dir/os { dir $args | ? { !$_.PSIsContainer } | sort Length } function dir/o-s { dir $args | ? { !$_.PSIsContainer } | sort Length -Descending} function dir/os/a-d { dir $args | ? ...

Help with function, not sure which one
I don't want to use a macro...is it possible to do the following with functions? New York Joe Tim Kim Jane San Diego Tim Jane St Louis Joe Tim Kim If I enter New York I want excel to return Joe, Tim, Kim, Jane in a cell by looking at the table above which will be in the same worksheet If I enter St Louis I want it to Return Joe, Tim, Kim in a cell by looking at the above etc. Thanks so much I am having a hard time deciding where to st...

How do I set up a function that...
How do I set up a function that allows for me to say that if any cell in column a equals a particular number than another cell in that row will equal a name? One way: B1: =IF(A1=<particular number>,"a name", "") Copy down as far as necessary. In article <1240500B-5501-4C81-BCAB-879E902ADE94@microsoft.com>, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I set up a function that allows for me to say that if any cell in > column a equals a particular number than another cell in that row will equal > a name? ...

Loan function
Can anyone give me a suggestion how to create loan form where user can loan a thing for example loan 5 pencil and then can return separately for example return 1 then return 4? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Hi Emily Before you design a form, you must first design your database (tables and relationships) And before you can design your database, you must thoroughly understand the system that you are modelling. Here are a few questions you need to answer: Are these "pencils" all the same, or ...