FTP

Hi,

I need to FTP files automatcially. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do
this from VBA?

Thank you!

Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0015.htm and/or
http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0037.htm at "The Access Web"

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Cory J. Laidlaw, Beyond01.com"
<CoryJLaidlawBeyond01com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to FTP files automatcially. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do
> this from VBA?
>
> Thank you!

0
Douglas
3/5/2008 4:37:09 PM
Hey Doug,

Looks like great stuff! Thanks for the tip!

Cory

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0015.htm and/or
> http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0037.htm at "The Access Web"
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Cory J. Laidlaw, Beyond01.com"
> <CoryJLaidlawBeyond01com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to FTP files automatcially. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do
> > this from VBA?
> >
> > Thank you!

We have used the following with 2003 and XP

 Finalsource = "ftp://ftpaddress.com/abc/TDD/CND_APP_Detail/ " &
"Spreadsheetname.xls"

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "TDI_Target2", Finalsource,
True, "TDI_Target2!"

Ron
0
Ron2006

How to create a FTP session
Hello!! Does anyone have any example or any good site where I can find information how to establish a FTP session. //Tony TonyJ wrote: > Hello!! > > Does anyone have any example or any good site where I can find information > how to establish a FTP session. http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&lr=&q=CFtpConnection&btnG=Search find in the result cedtdev/RemoteFile.cpp cod On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:23:52 +0200, TonyJ wrote: >Does anyone have any example or any good site where I can find information >how to establish a FTP session. Using MFC? http://msdn2...

publisher 2002 ftp to html
Have a problem uploading my web pages that I made on publisher 2002 to transfer to my web host. the ftp files are not reading correctly and only will show the text, and no pictures. Can anyone help. thanks You will have to upload the images separately. Go here for lots of help for Publisher web design. www.davidbartosik.com Also this newsgroup will be helpful news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "brian" <duckmaster1@insightbb.com> wrote in ...

FTP
Hi, I need to FTP files automatcially. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this from VBA? Thank you! Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0015.htm and/or http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0037.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Cory J. Laidlaw, Beyond01.com" <CoryJLaidlawBeyond01com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3AD95CA-D308-4745-9760-1BE454831C3E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need to FTP files automatcially. Does anyone have any ideas...

FTP in passive mode
How do you use FTP in publisher in passive mode? Thanks, Paul Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Paul <noone@replytonewsgroup.com> > How do you use FTP in publisher in passive mode? I would suggest using a dedicated piece of FTP software such as SmartFTP -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Paul, Look at http://officerone.tripod.com/vba.html - I have got examples that use MSINET control for downloading and u...

FTP over SSL
Hi, I am able to upload and download data on FTP without SSL connection but i want to do same for SSL . Please help me . Thanks, Hemant ...

FTP
Hi, I have the task to program to develop ftp a connection over a Firewall in C++: In the DOS comand line it is realized as follows ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <----- IP-Firewall <----- break off the Login with the enter key quote authenticate username of a securitycard quote response password of a securitycard user username of the PC behind for the Firewall@IP of the PC behind for the Firewall password download a file from this PC thanks for all helps Patricia On 31 Jul 2003 04:26:59 -0700, patricia.ludaescher@alcatel.de (Patricia) wrote: >I have the ta...

FTP has stopped working
I use FTP to update web sites. All of a sudden, it has stopped working, with a message saying "Connected to server, waiting for response..." and it just sits there, for ever. This happens with all sites I try, so I tend to suspect it's a Windows related problem. Not sure where or what to look for. Any ideas anyone? TIA! Cefoxtrot On 28 Mar 2010, =?Utf-8?B?Q2Vmb3h0cm90?= <Cefoxtrot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: > I use FTP to update web sites. All of a sudden, it has stopped > working, with a mess...

FTP problem
I seem not to be able to access ftp sites either with a browser and it does not matter which one or with an ftp client. I get a 425 error. I was able to connect though using the ftp command line program from a command prompt. The firewall seems to be fine though I did not really think that was the problem. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas why only the command line program works. I have two PCs, Windows XP and Windows 7 and they both exhibit the same problem. Ok, well I set my Westell DSL modem(Verizon) firewall from medium to low and now it works. I looked at the ...

FTP
How do you create and activate a button that will permit a visitor to the site perform a file download? ...

A funny thing happened? ftp problems.
Using Publisher 2003 to upload web site, 5 pages. If I use the wizard from the "My network places" window to set up new FTP Location it will go on to connect to Host service and open a screen that shows folders and files. Question - How do I then upload the site (when I hit save in screen behind on the publish to the web screen I get an error. "Not a file location" Once wizard has set the new ftp location and it appears in the "My Network places" it will not go error message - "This error message is usually associated with an attempt to access an FTP ...

FTP Downloading Speed
Hi, There is a program to download a 10Mb file from a FTP Server via a 100Mb Intranet. But the downloading speed in my program is only 8xKb per seconds, it takes almost 10 minutes to download it. And I use the ftp command in DOS prompt to download the same file, it only takes several seconds! I've simply used CFtpConnection::GetFile() to download the file and it takes several minutes on this function. The CPU time is no significant increase during file download from the Task Manager of this process. Thanks. Here is my code: CInternetSession Sess; CFtpConnection *pFtp; pFtp = NULL; ...

ftp
i have a ftp program i'm just having trouble connecting to this workstation which has xp pro on it.it's at a remote location not part of our network. can somebody guide me the right way?? mabey an article or some guidance???sorry to ask a xp question in exchange but i usually get good answers from here. thankx Can you ping the remote server? Are there any firewalls that could be blocking the connection (such as the one included with XP SP2)? Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E58622-E7BD-4D7D-AC4E-2EE0373B8081@microsoft.co...

Right Click FTP
Hi folks, just wanted to offer up a simple script some of you might find handy, here's a blurb: 'Right Click FTP is a simple Visual Basic Script that uploads a group of selected files via FTP. This script will run on most all Windows operating systems with minimal tweaking, so you'll need to be familiar with scripting. .... The goal of this project was to build an FTP applet using only native technology freely available under Windows, and to that end works quite well. If you have any suggestions for improvements, feel free to contact us.' Here's the url: ...

Commercial FTP Clients That Support Microsoft FTP Command Scripts?
Apparently the Microsoft FTP client does not correctly support FTP passive mode. Issuing QUOTE PASV puts the server in passive FTP mode, but the client doesn't follow through and implement the FTP-DATA connection. Does anyone know of a commercial FTP command line client for Windows that is compatible with the Microsoft FTP command scripts? We have some existing scripts for use with the Microsoft client and we would like to avoid having to rewrite those. We need a client that correctly supports passive mode. -- W ...

Collect csv from ftp server and bulk import
Hi I need to do a daily routine where I collect a csv from an ftp site, which will always have the same file name but is overwritten each day and then bulk import the csv. The csv contains current job vacancies from an offline system, so old and non-current vacancies don't feature. Thus I need to drop the old data and import all the new. The offline system can open a web url, which could be used as the trigger to start the process (the web site which will use the data is classic asp), but equally I figured that I could use sql server agent to initiate a SSIS stored package...

Publisher 2007 publishing to FTP location -HREF=FTP in source
Hopefully someone has run into this. My sister used publisher 2003 to publish her business web site. She upgraded to 2007 and now, when she publishes the web site the HREF Urls all refer to ftp:// rather than HTTP:// I notice the base url is set correctly but cannot see where she needs to set publsher to point all href to http: when she publishes to her web site through ftp. This has to be simple but I'm not a publisher user so any suggestions, pointers most welcome. Thanks in advance. When she upgraded, did she also switch to IE7 from IE6, or to Vista from XP? Is she using a th...

SSL and FTP
You can use INTERNET_FLAG_SECURE with CInternetSession and CHttpConnection. It doesn't look like there is a flag that works with ftp classes. How does C++ do secure FTP transfers from the client side within a program? Anyone have any direction? Thanks. - Dave ...

Upgradeing a published website using ftp. Many questions
I published my website using vs2010. I checked the box that made it upgradeable. As a check I ftp copied default.aspx and default.aspx.vb to the site replacing the published files. Looks like it still works. So I can update the site files using ftp? I noticed there is no App_Code folder. Suppose I need to update something in that folder, can I? How? I also noticed there is a file: PrecompiledApp.config Might I ever want to delete that file? What is it for? Would it make sense to delete all the files and ftp the entire site to the host. Can a site be uplo...

What do FTP servers do when file send fails durring a file upload? Are partial files ever written? does ftp protocol cover this?
What do FTP servers do when file send fails durring a file upload? Are partial files ever written? does ftp protocol cover this? Daniel wrote: > What do FTP servers do when file send fails durring a file upload? Are > partial files ever written? does ftp protocol cover this? Why not read it and find out? Google for RFC959. And why are you posting this in a Microsoft .NET XML newsgroup when it has nothing to do with Microsoft, .NET, or XML? *plonk* ///Peter ...

Is there a best block size sending a ftp file with CInternetFile?
Hi, I am writting a program to send a file by FTP using CFtpConnection, the file will be over 1mb and I want to give the user feedback on how much has been sent and transfer rate. I am using CInternetFile::Write but was wondering is there a perfect chunk size when sending to acheive the best transfer rate. I am currently using 1024 bytes but have tried different sizes without any real effect. TIA Des. Not really. Since the actual block size transmitted is a function of the IP stack, the protocol, the network card, the various routers in between, etc. you can pretty much choose any size...

64 bit FTP software and why did Microsoft leave out a FTP software out of all versions of win 7?
64 bit FTP software... and why did Microsoft leave out a FTP software out of all versions of win 7? I update my web at Network Solutions with ftp don't know any other way to update than ftp... Do adminstrators use ftp every day any more or not? inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com In message <3924dbbe-b9f0-4ce5-a6a1-d325641a10bc@z3g2000prd.googlegroups.com> inventor1984 <inventor@electricwindmillcar.com> was claimed to have wrote: >64 bit FTP software... and why did Microsoft leave out a FTP software >out of all versions of win 7? They didn't...

FTP Server and Client
I would like to build a ftp server/client into a program I'm building. Where is a good place to start learning how to do this? Paul K "Paul Kiefer" <pjkiefer@covad.net> wrote in message news:cfa15$3fad8d46$42a73533$14871@msgid.meganewsservers.com... > I would like to build a ftp server/client into a program I'm building. > Where is a good place to start learning how to do this? When I built my own lightweight FTP client to embed in an application I wrote for another platform I used two references. One was a book I have that provides sample implementations of...

Compact/Zip/Self Extracting/Posting to FTP
I am looking to automate as much of this as possible Compact the Database Zip the Database Create a Self Extracting and post the self extracting file to an FTP. I know this cannot all be done in Access but It is an Access DB we are working with. Thank you. "Dorian C. Chalom" <DChalom@Comcast.net> wrote: >Compact the Database See the DBEngine.CompactDatabase method in VBA help for more details. >Zip the Database I've had lots of success using the open source Infozip DLLs. Compression DLLs, OCXs, etc http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/c...

Public folders or FTP
Hello All I am a consultant for a small company. The company is running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003, and 90% of the users acces email via RPC over HTTPS and this is working great so far. The company also uses an FTP site that is on the same server as exchange. I have been preaching and suggesting to the client that they do a way with FTP because of its insecurity and instead move all the data to the public folders in the exchange server. As you can see the exchagne server is also a file server for all the local users at the office and a FTP server for all the remote users. The s...

Access a excel file through FTP without write protection
hi ng I have made an excel application which is supposed to be a multi user application. I have placed the application in my libary on my web hotel, and it is supposed to be accessed by the users through FTP in Excel (where the users get the password and username). But when I try to access the file from Excel by FTP- I can open it - but it is write protected. When I go directly into my FTP-drive from the internet explorer and right click on the file - it shows that the file is NOT write protected - How can I access the file through Excel with FTP without the file is write protected. ...