free pdf email question

I have a report that I would like to email as a pdf attachment. I have "free pdf" installed that will create pdf files.

It is possible of course to print the report to the "pdf printer", and save/send the pdf from within the free pdf application.

Anybody who can drop a hint how i could fully automate the process ? I.e. open the report, save a pdf file to disk and email that through one vba code from within a form ?

regards, Jos

--------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

0
whistler

Take a look at the following postings they should have the info you seek.

http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0009.htm

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_thread/thread/26503b4528901186/a551f5a4a0eeb56d
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"whistler" wrote:

> I have a report that I would like to email as a pdf attachment. I have "free pdf" installed that will create pdf files.
>
> It is possible of course to print the report to the "pdf printer", and save/send the pdf from within the free pdf application.
>
> Anybody who can drop a hint how i could fully automate the process ? I.e. open the report, save a pdf file to disk and email that through one vba code from within a form ?
>
> regards, Jos
>

> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

The best approach is to drop the use of a printer driver like free pdf.

They general allow you to print to a printer, but DO NOT allow you to use
code to automate, and create a pdf file of your choosing.

So, your best bet is to use the free pdf creating liberty here:

http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm

The above code is free, designed *specify* for ms-access, and further DOES
NOT requite you to install a pdf printer. This makes it VERY easy to install
your access application on a target machine, and NOT have to worry if they
have a pdf system installed.

The process would thus be:

    create your pdf file, give it a file name...save it..

    launch outlook via automation, and attach that pdf file.

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
9/9/2007 3:39:51 PM
One free pdf writer that does allow automation is PDFCreator.  you can get
some sample code from

http://www.excelguru.ca/node/22

Look through his excel archive for different examples (although used in
excel you can pretty much copy/paste the code into access).

PDFCreator can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ and
is completly free (open source).  You can also find code by googling a bit.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"whistler" wrote:

> I have a report that I would like to email as a pdf attachment. I have "free pdf" installed that will create pdf files.
>
> It is possible of course to print the report to the "pdf printer", and save/send the pdf from within the free pdf application.
>
> Anybody who can drop a hint how i could fully automate the process ? I.e. open the report, save a pdf file to disk and email that through one vba code from within a form ?
>
> regards, Jos
>

> --------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
> ------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

Question: Super Suite Deal Promotion
Has anyone who has taken advantage of Microsoft's buy-Office-2004, get-Office-2008 promotion actually received a copy of Office 2008 yet? I bought Office 2004 just before Office 2008 came out, and I sent in the form right away (along with the box top and receipt). I have heard nothing in about 6 weeks, and I wish there were a way to check on whether my form was received. I'm concerned that perhaps the envelope I sent the box top in got lost in the mail, in which case I believe I'd be pretty screwed. Just thought I'd check and see if people who sent in their Super Suite Deal fo...

How to automatically send a CC: email
Hi, Is it possible to configure Exchage server 2003 to automatically send a CC: copy to a mail recipient everytime an email is sent from someones mailbox? In other words, the manager would like to receive a copy of all emails sent by one of his employees. I know this can be done through rules in outlook, but I wish to perform this function from exchage for a group of users. Thanks in Advance ...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

sending email #16
Hi, Since i installed IE7 I have been having trouble with sending emails. I use outlook from office 2003. Receiving is OK and I can create the message OK but it just sits in the outbox and does not respond to the send command. Help please. ErnieH ...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

cant send emails to gmail accounts
if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. it goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never receive it? any help greatly appreciated "maryandliam" <maryandliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11EF0A0-CDE5-46F4-A0FD-979144D1590D@microsoft.com... > if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. > it > goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never > receive it? any help greatly appreciated If Outlook moves the message to S...

Field lookup query question
Access 2003. I have two tables. Master and IssuePart. Each table has a report number (Master.OA) that ties all this together. I wanted to make the Master table perform a lookup by matching the report number in IssuePart and bringup a listbox. But the query won't cooperate. I can manually enter a report number and get the results I want, but as soon as I try to change the criteria to the Master report number field name, it chokes with syntaxs errors and such. Here's the SQL the Builder produces. SELECT IssueData.[Part Number], IssueData.[Serial Number] FROM IssueData WHERE ((ISS...

Missing Fonts when saved in PDF
On occasion, when I save my publication in PDF form, the fonts will change. Are there certain fonts which are not allowed? How do I get them? Not all fonts can be embedded. There's nothing you can do about that except to use fonts than can be. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "bellarush" <bellarush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036AE470-3C94-4298-9FEB-AC929F16A30A@microsoft.com... > On occasion, when I save my publication in PDF form, the fonts will > change. &...

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...

Archiving emails #4
When I archive my "sent" emails, I am not able to sort them by who they were sent to. All of them show up as to me. All of my other archived email works well. I am trying to clean up my C drive on my computer. Thanks for the hlep. Double check the view on the folder to make sure that it is set to "Sent To". (e.g. Under Outlook 2007, it is View > Arrange By > Sent To) "pgandeb" <pgandeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63EF027-DB32-4D06-B8C7-45FD2399D6E6@microsoft.com... > When I archive my "sent" emails, I am...

Send Fax with .doc and/or .pdf and .xls attachments from CRM SBS
When working with FAX the most common documents to be send are doc,pdf or xls. All these are in CRM not supported and are not working reliable although CRM is propagated as the perfect application to interact with MS-Office applications. In my opinion they should become supported and tested as soon as possible. Here are our test results regarding send FAX with doc files attachments ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simple Word file with just 1 line of text, and a short English filename [25 KB]. Successfully sent. Word file with a table tha...

OpenRecordset Question
Hi, is it possible to select the last record entered, if so how ? Thanks in advance How do you define "last"? Is it the highest AutoNumber value? Or is there a date/time field? Perhaps something like this: Dim rs As DAO.Database Dim strSql As String strSql = "SELECT TOP 1 Table1.* ORDER BY [ID] DESC;" Set rs = dbEngine(0)(0).OpenRecordset(strSql) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Les" <les.stout@bmw....

New Free Microsoft CRM Add On
New free add on from CRMeXtension: www.CRMeXtension.com ...

Cannot open document in email because it needs excel. How do I d.
I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. How do I open this document? Fredd Assuming you do not have Excel installed. Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:04:04 -0800, "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. >How do I open this document? fred wrote: > I have inbound email that...

Email activation
I have been using outlook express for my email program. i am buying a new compuer and won't, I am told, be able to use it anymore. I have tried shifting to Outlook, but when I try to send an email, I get a message that says something about "No Transport Porvider". I am using Office 2000 and am on cable with comcast. Any help would be much appreciated. gg wrote: > I have been using outlook express for my email program. i am buying a new > compuer and won't, I am told, be able to use it anymore. I have tried > shifting to Outlook, but when I try to send a...

Publish doc as PDF function
Good Afternoon, I do alot of work in publisher 2007 and have been using the option of "publish as pdf" to convert my work to pdf format. It has always worked until recently. Now it seems that it will publish it to PDF but I can't open the file unless I already have a pdf file open... if one is not open, it lags adobe down when I try to open it and eventually it stops responding... please help :) Justin Gavette wrote: > I do alot of work in publisher 2007 and have been using the option of > "publish as pdf" to convert my work to pdf format. It has alway...

Schedule+ Free Busy System Folders "Access Denied"
Have you guys seen issues where full exchange administrators are unable to delete empty schedule+ free busy folders from system manager....they are constantly prompted for authentication I'm working on an Exchange 2003 SP2 site consolidation and migration from 10 exchange 5.5 sites to 2 Exchange 2003 Admin Groups...using the site consolidation features, the free busy folders from the consolidated sites remain in the Org, but they have empty replica lists due to the consolidated mailboxes now have new legacyexchangedn and use just the two admin groups free busy folders. So, I have ...

emails won't get delivered outside of network
My emails lock up Outlook 2000 when trying to send out of the network. Intra-network emails still work. I still receive emails from outside. But emails get stuck in my Outbox. I can only delete the emnails by ogging off the network, retarting the computer and deleting the message. Please give me your thoughts, Thanks ...

Option entry and price updates questions
Having a little trouble getting MS Money 2007 Deluxe to work with me on option entry and price updates. Problem #1: I sold puts in GE Oct. $25s (GEWVY.O) to open. How do I enter this to show the transaction, including the cash received? Problem #2: It appears that "Updates Prices Now" isn't updating the Put option price. I tried entering both GEWVY.O and GEWVY. Cannot figure out what else to try. Anyu assistance/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks. Dave I figured out how to update the price ; it's .GEWVY. Still having the issue with transaction entry. &quo...

Transferring email account from Outlook Express to Outlook
I have transferred by main BT email account from OE to Outlook with no difficulty. However, a subsidiary account that I use will not be accessed. I have added it to the accounts list and checked all settings. I have removed it from Outlook Express. When I run the Test Account option, all seems well, but when I send a message to myself at that account it appears to send successfully, but cannot be received. Any suggestions? What SMTP server are you sending through? Primary or secondary? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Download free program for array phone codes correction
Russia changes array phone codes. All array codes that have a first symbol zero will be changed. Number four replaces the first symbol in array codes. For example, array code of Moscow changes from 095 to 495. There is large quantity of phone numbers in contacts of Microsoft Outlook, Windows address book, phone book of cellular phones, PDA, mail services in the web like Yahoo!Mail, GMail, @mail.ru and so on. If you have big numbers of contacts in Russia, a manual recoding of phones will take a great lot of time. The InspiritSystems presents a program PhoneRecoder that allows you to perform rec...

Sender Accepted Email going to Spam folder
All of a sudden a daily confirmation email has been sent to the spam folder. I am a new user of Outlook and I'm having trouble finding what I need to do. Right click on it, select Junk and add the sender's address to the safe list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...

CRM1.2/EX2003 email router won't install
When installing the Microsoft CRM-Exchange email router I get an error message as follows: "One or more of the CRM servers you specified is invalid or you do not have administrator priviledges on that server." The servers are valid and I am operating a network administrator with admin rights on each server. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I feel for you on this one. This very same problem held us up for weeks and no one could help. We finally contacted MS CRM support and they had a fix. Apparently there is a little know bug with some installs. Follow the below proced...