Format of date in my code

I have a subform with a date called txtmontha with a format mmmm/yyyy There
is also a command button that when clicked should open another subform which
has a date txtmonthlabela, also format as mmm/yyyy. The command button should
open the sub form for all records when the value of txtmontha and
txtmonthlabela are the same. However when I click on the command button
although the form opens I get a prompt box asking me for the value of
txtmonthlabela. If I cancel the prompt box the form opens with a number of
records shown in the record selector box at the foot of the form but no data
is shown in the controls on the form.
Here is my code:
Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click

   Dim strtxtdate As Date
   strtxtdate = Me.txtmontha.Value
    Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA"
    Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM [tblmaintabs]
WHERE [txtmonthlabela] = #" & Format(strtxtdate, "mmmm/yyyy") & "#;"

Exit_cmdopenrecord_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_cmdopenrecord_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_cmdopenrecord_Click

End Sub

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?
Thanks
Tony

Tony Williams wrote:

>I have a subform with a date called txtmontha with a format mmmm/yyyy There
>is also a command button that when clicked should open another subform which
>has a date txtmonthlabela, also format as mmm/yyyy. The command button should
>open the sub form for all records when the value of txtmontha and
>txtmonthlabela are the same. However when I click on the command button
>although the form opens I get a prompt box asking me for the value of
>txtmonthlabela. If I cancel the prompt box the form opens with a number of
>records shown in the record selector box at the foot of the form but no data
>is shown in the controls on the form.
>Here is my code:
>Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click()
>On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click
>

>   Dim strtxtdate As Date
>   strtxtdate = Me.txtmontha.Value
>    Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA"
>    Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM [tblmaintabs]
>WHERE [txtmonthlabela] = #" & Format(strtxtdate, "mmmm/yyyy") & "#;"

txtmonthlabela needs to be replaced with the name of the
corresponding field name in table tblmaintabs.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

You cannot use the # delimiter unless you're dealing with dates.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Tony Williams" <TonyWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a subform with a date called txtmontha with a format mmmm/yyyy There
> is also a command button that when clicked should open another subform
> which
> has a date txtmonthlabela, also format as mmm/yyyy. The command button
> should
> open the sub form for all records when the value of txtmontha and
> txtmonthlabela are the same. However when I click on the command button
> although the form opens I get a prompt box asking me for the value of
> txtmonthlabela. If I cancel the prompt box the form opens with a number of
> records shown in the record selector box at the foot of the form but no
> data
> is shown in the controls on the form.
> Here is my code:
> Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click()
> On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click
>

>   Dim strtxtdate As Date
>   strtxtdate = Me.txtmontha.Value
>    Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA"
>    Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM [tblmaintabs]
> WHERE [txtmonthlabela] = #" & Format(strtxtdate, "mmmm/yyyy") & "#;"
>
> Exit_cmdopenrecord_Click:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_cmdopenrecord_Click:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_cmdopenrecord_Click
>
> End Sub
>
> Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?
> Thanks
> Tony

0
Douglas
12/19/2009 9:08:38 PM
Thanks guys. I had got the incorrect field name in tblmaintabs (dyslectic
fingers!) and once I corrected it the code worked fine.
I know the field is called txtmonthlabel but it is a date field and
formatted as mmmm/yyyy This code now works (I've changed the name of my
destination form to)
Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click

   Dim strtxtdate As Date
   strtxtdate = Me.txtmontha.Value
    Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "subformFDA"
    Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM [tblmaintabs]
WHERE [txtmonthlabel] = #" & Format(strtxtdate, "mmmm/yyyy") & "#;"

"Tony Williams" wrote:

> I have a subform with a date called txtmontha with a format mmmm/yyyy There
> is also a command button that when clicked should open another subform which
> has a date txtmonthlabela, also format as mmm/yyyy. The command button should
> open the sub form for all records when the value of txtmontha and
> txtmonthlabela are the same. However when I click on the command button
> although the form opens I get a prompt box asking me for the value of
> txtmonthlabela. If I cancel the prompt box the form opens with a number of
> records shown in the record selector box at the foot of the form but no data
> is shown in the controls on the form.
> Here is my code:
> Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click()
> On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click
>

>    Dim strtxtdate As Date
>    strtxtdate = Me.txtmontha.Value
>     Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA"
>     Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM [tblmaintabs]
> WHERE [txtmonthlabela] = #" & Format(strtxtdate, "mmmm/yyyy") & "#;"
>
> Exit_cmdopenrecord_Click:
>     Exit Sub
>
> Err_cmdopenrecord_Click:
>     MsgBox Err.Description
>     Resume Exit_cmdopenrecord_Click
>
> End Sub
>
> Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?
> Thanks
> Tony

How to Change Language of Dates in Outlook Express
I work on the Occupied West Bank, but for some reason my computer thinks it's in South Africa and uses Afrikaans for the outgoing date in OE. I would like to change the language of OE to English, but I can't figure out how. The Help says to get a language encoding download from the Explorer homepage under international, but I can't find it. In any case, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, since all I am asking for is Microsoft's native language. I am just a regular user, so please be as clear as possible if you have any ideas. Thanks much, Katherine F...

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

97 Code provokes error in 2000
Hi! Me again...... The following statement (working quite happily in Access 97): Set MySet = MyDB.OpenRecordset(TSql) or for that matter...: Set MySet = MyDB.OpenRecordset("Stock Sales") Provokes the error message: 13 Type mismatch Given how much help HELP is, can anyone give me a clue as to what is going on? TIA JohnK Spot on. I almost feel like living again!! Thanks, JohnK p.s. Sorry to have posted so many questions, but these issues always seem to come up when we're under our most pressure and need to resolve yesterday. On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:58:09 +0100, John Nur...

Count Dates?
I have a range A1:A1500 where the cells have the custom date format of dd.mm.yy However, some cells contain text. I need a formula to COUNT the number of cells that contain dd.mm.yy dates. I was going to try an array SUM(IF(...1,0) which tested for LEN of 8 (the no. of characters in the date fields). But some of the text entries could also contain 8 characters. Can anyone advise how I can count the dates? Many thanks,.....Jason try =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(H2:H22))*1) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jay" <spam@dummyaddress.sp...

How to list dates in a month of particular weekday
MY question is simple, sorry if i'm being stupid. Can anyone tell me how can i make a list which contains only dates of all the Fridays in a particular month? In a more advanced sense, can I create a list with all the Fridays AND Saturdays of a month? You didn't post a lot of detail about your setup. Assuming the month number is in A1 and your list of Fridays and Saturdays is to be listed in Column B starting at B1, put these formulas in the indicated cells... B1: =DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,8)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,2)) B2: =DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,8)-WEEKDAY(...

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Date calculation in a Query
I have this expression in a form and it works perfect DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) But, where should I write it in a query? The query should show all the items that shoul be removed from the list on the calculated date, and update the "removed from the list" the field from there. Thanks Ioia Add the expression as a calculated field in the query Field: Removal: DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) Criteria: = #2009-11-27# Then you can apply criteria against the calculated field. Another option would be...

When copying from "date" cell to "general" cell, how to keep date.
An Excel question for you: when I try to copy data from a "date" formatted cell over to a concatenate formula in a "general" formatted field, it transfers the data over as the boolean value. This is causing endless headaches because I am trying to upload the information into our financial software. Do you know a solution for this? I think you mean the date comes over as the serial value. If not, this may not be right. In the concatenate function, embed the Text function. ex: A1 has 5/16/2004, B1 has "TEST" in it. C1 formula would be =concatenate (TEX...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...