Form Dirty not firing

I have a form that I enter and with the Load event I disable the Save
button. I want the button to appear as soon as the form is dirty. I
have done this before with no problems even with other forms in this
same application.

When I type in the first field, the Form Dirty event is not firing. I
have a msgbox statement in the Form_Dirty event and it never appears.
I have an AfterUpdate event on the first field and I test Me.Dirty in
that code. Me.Dirty is true in that test of the first field.

Why doesn't Form.Dirty fire? What do I need to look at that will help
me trace this issue? How can Me.Dirty=True and Form_Dirty not trigger?

I have a similar problem on this form when I save the record. I use
Me.Dirty=False to save the record but the Form_BeforeUpdate event does
not fire either? Is this because of some code on the form? Can the
form be corrupted?

0
JB

It does sound like corruption.  Did you test it with another control besides
the first?

I would try creating a new DB, importting all of the objects into it then
try it.  You could also make a new form and copy and paste the controls into
it a few at a time, testing the dirty property as you do it.  The cause
could also be a corrupt control.

God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

"JB" <jenniferbanzon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a form that I enter and with the Load event I disable the Save
> button. I want the button to appear as soon as the form is dirty. I
> have done this before with no problems even with other forms in this
> same application.
>
> When I type in the first field, the Form Dirty event is not firing. I
> have a msgbox statement in the Form_Dirty event and it never appears.
> I have an AfterUpdate event on the first field and I test Me.Dirty in
> that code. Me.Dirty is true in that test of the first field.
>
> Why doesn't Form.Dirty fire? What do I need to look at that will help
> me trace this issue? How can Me.Dirty=True and Form_Dirty not trigger?
>
> I have a similar problem on this form when I save the record. I use
> Me.Dirty=False to save the record but the Form_BeforeUpdate event does
> not fire either? Is this because of some code on the form? Can the
> form be corrupted?

0
Mark
3/22/2007 9:30:07 PM
What is the best way to test for corruption and to correct it?

This application, I inherited it from another programmer, has been
very buggy and has crashed multiple times. I have not been able to
resolve many of the problems and they are on my "To Do" list.  This is
a complex application with many forms, queries and tables in Access
XP. I need it to be stable for client delivery in two weeks and am
concerned that the errors and crashes I am dealing with may be related
to corruption but I want to be sure before I go down that path.

On Mar 22, 2:30 pm, "Mark A. Sam" <NotTell...@bbbbbbbbbbbbb.com>
wrote:
> It does sound like corruption.  Did you test it with another control besides
> the first?
>
> I would try creating a new DB, importting all of the objects into it then
> try it.  You could also make a new form and copy and paste the controls into
> it a few at a time, testing the dirty property as you do it.  The cause
> could also be a corrupt control.

0
JB
3/22/2007 10:31:46 PM
On 22 Mar 2007 15:31:46 -0700, "JB" <jenniferbanzon@yahoo.com> wrote:

>This application, I inherited it from another programmer, has been
>very buggy and has crashed multiple times. I have not been able to
>resolve many of the problems and they are on my "To Do" list.  This is
>a complex application with many forms, queries and tables in Access
>XP. I need it to be stable for client delivery in two weeks and am
>concerned that the errors and crashes I am dealing with may be related
>to corruption but I want to be sure before I go down that path.

Check out the suggestions at

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

YOu'll certainly want to MAKE A BACKUP (some of the cleanup procedures can
ironically destroy databases)

Some steps:

Open the VBA editor and select Tools... References. Remove or resolve any
MISSING references.
Select Debug... Compile; fix any code errors. Iterate until no errors.
Use Tools... Database Utilites... Compact and Repair.

It may be appropriate to Decompile (see how on Tony's page).

It is sometimes necessary to create a new empty database and import everything
to get rid of rubbish that Compact and Repair misses.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
3/23/2007 1:05:07 AM
I have already checked out the suggestions at the website you
mentioned. I could not tell if what I am experiencing is related to
error ridden code or corruption. I suspect corruption but wanted to
avoid that pain if I was unsure.

Backups are not a problem. I keep multiple copies as a history on two
different drives. I make a dup every few hours just in case as a
standard procedure.

There are no Reference issues. I have Compiled and do so frequently
after many code changes. I verified that all forms are set to Option
Explicit and added error handling to every procedure and function. I
have compacted and repaired many times. Every time the app crashed it
also forces me to do a backup and compact and repair again.

I guess my next step is to decompile. If that does not work how do I
determine if I need to rebuild the form that is causing the current
trouble versus rebuild the whole database in a new container?

> Check out the suggestions at
>
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
>
> YOu'll certainly want to MAKE A BACKUP (some of the cleanup procedures can
> ironically destroy databases)
>
> Some steps:
>
> Open the VBA editor and select Tools... References. Remove or resolve any
> MISSING references.
> Select Debug... Compile; fix any code errors. Iterate until no errors.
> Use Tools... Database Utilites... Compact and Repair.
>
> It may be appropriate to Decompile (see how on Tony's page).
>
> It is sometimes necessary to create a new empty database and import everything
> to get rid of rubbish that Compact and Repair misses.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
JB
3/23/2007 1:36:48 AM
JB, a couple of other things to check out.

1. Double-check that the form's On Dirty property is set to:
    [Event Procedure]
or your macro. Do the same for the form's BeforeUpdate property.
If the property is not set, the event procedure will not run.

2. Test if something else is dirtying the form.
If you dirty the form programmatically, the Dirty event does not fire in all
versions of Access. The easiest way is to set the form's Record Selectors
property to Yes. The Record Selector appears to the left of the record, and
when the form is dirtied, its icon changes to a pencil. If the pencil
already appears before typing, the reccord is already dirty.

The most common culprits are any code you may have in Form_Open, Form_Load,
Form_Current, Form_AfterUpdate, or Form_AfterInsert. You really must not
assign a value to a bound control in those events.

>I have already checked out the suggestions at the website you
> mentioned. I could not tell if what I am experiencing is related to
> error ridden code or corruption. I suspect corruption but wanted to
> avoid that pain if I was unsure.
>
> Backups are not a problem. I keep multiple copies as a history on two
> different drives. I make a dup every few hours just in case as a
> standard procedure.
>
> There are no Reference issues. I have Compiled and do so frequently
> after many code changes. I verified that all forms are set to Option
> Explicit and added error handling to every procedure and function. I
> have compacted and repaired many times. Every time the app crashed it
> also forces me to do a backup and compact and repair again.
>
> I guess my next step is to decompile. If that does not work how do I
> determine if I need to rebuild the form that is causing the current
> trouble versus rebuild the whole database in a new container?
>

>> Check out the suggestions at
>>
>> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
>>
>> YOu'll certainly want to MAKE A BACKUP (some of the cleanup procedures
>> can
>> ironically destroy databases)
>>
>> Some steps:
>>
>> Open the VBA editor and select Tools... References. Remove or resolve any
>> MISSING references.
>> Select Debug... Compile; fix any code errors. Iterate until no errors.
>> Use Tools... Database Utilites... Compact and Repair.
>>
>> It may be appropriate to Decompile (see how on Tony's page).
>>
>> It is sometimes necessary to create a new empty database and import
>> everything
>> to get rid of rubbish that Compact and Repair misses.
>>
>>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Allen
3/23/2007 4:49:38 AM
Thank you. I will try these options.

I no longer think that my database is corrupt. I have followed all
prior instructions regarding decompiling and importing all items into
a new database. In my new database, the form that I had the most
trouble with is still blowing up and crashing the application. I don't
even know where to start since Access crashes and gives me the Access
must close message and makes me save a backup copy of the db. I know
originally the form was not this messed up but I have been changing so
much code all over that I have no idea if it was me or if it is
something else.

Any advice on where to start troubleshooting something like this?

On Mar 22, 9:49 pm, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote:
> JB, a couple of other things to check out.
>
> 1. Double-check that the form's On Dirty property is set to:
>     [Event Procedure]
> or your macro. Do the same for the form's BeforeUpdate property.
> If the property is not set, the event procedure will not run.
>
> 2. Test if something else is dirtying the form.
> If you dirty the form programmatically, the Dirty event does not fire in all
> versions of Access. The easiest way is to set the form's Record Selectors
> property to Yes. The Record Selector appears to the left of the record, and
> when the form is dirtied, its icon changes to a pencil. If the pencil
> already appears before typing, the reccord is already dirty.
>
> The most common culprits are any code you may have in Form_Open, Form_Load,
> Form_Current, Form_AfterUpdate, or Form_AfterInsert. You really must not
> assign a value to a bound control in those events.

> Tips for Access users -http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>
> "JB" <jenniferban...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >I have already checked out the suggestions at the website you
> > mentioned. I could not tell if what I am experiencing is related to
> > error ridden code or corruption. I suspect corruption but wanted to
> > avoid that pain if I was unsure.
>
> > Backups are not a problem. I keep multiple copies as a history on two
> > different drives. I make a dup every few hours just in case as a
> > standard procedure.
>
> > There are no Reference issues. I have Compiled and do so frequently
> > after many code changes. I verified that all forms are set to Option
> > Explicit and added error handling to every procedure and function. I
> > have compacted and repaired many times. Every time the app crashed it
> > also forces me to do a backup and compact and repair again.
>
> > I guess my next step is to decompile. If that does not work how do I
> > determine if I need to rebuild the form that is causing the current
> > trouble versus rebuild the whole database in a new container?
>
> >> Check out the suggestions at
>
> >>http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
>
> >> YOu'll certainly want to MAKE A BACKUP (some of the cleanup procedures
> >> can
> >> ironically destroy databases)
>
> >> Some steps:
>
> >> Open the VBA editor and select Tools... References. Remove or resolve any
> >> MISSING references.
> >> Select Debug... Compile; fix any code errors. Iterate until no errors.
> >> Use Tools... Database Utilites... Compact and Repair.
>
> >> It may be appropriate to Decompile (see how on Tony's page).
>
> >> It is sometimes necessary to create a new empty database and import
> >> everything
> >> to get rid of rubbish that Compact and Repair misses.
>
> >>              John W. Vinson [MVP]- Hide quoted text -

JB
3/23/2007 8:03:24 AM
One step at a time.

If Access is being shut down by Windows, something is wrong, so it's a
matter of tracking down what. I can give you a sequence to follow but your
probably sick of that. Just double-check you have Name AutoCorrect turned
off in both the front end and the back end, that you have decompiled and
compacted after that, that you have minimal references, and your code
compiles okay.

If all that checks out, use the divide-and-conquor approach to pin down
exactly what is causing it to crash. Start jetisoning stuff until the crash
goes away, and then add it back until you pin down the culprit.

From your original message, my first guess is one of the 2 things suggested
in my last post.

> Thank you. I will try these options.
>
> I no longer think that my database is corrupt. I have followed all
> prior instructions regarding decompiling and importing all items into
> a new database. In my new database, the form that I had the most
> trouble with is still blowing up and crashing the application. I don't
> even know where to start since Access crashes and gives me the Access
> must close message and makes me save a backup copy of the db. I know
> originally the form was not this messed up but I have been changing so
> much code all over that I have no idea if it was me or if it is
> something else.
>
> Any advice on where to start troubleshooting something like this?
>

> On Mar 22, 9:49 pm, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote:
>> JB, a couple of other things to check out.
>>
>> 1. Double-check that the form's On Dirty property is set to:
>>     [Event Procedure]
>> or your macro. Do the same for the form's BeforeUpdate property.
>> If the property is not set, the event procedure will not run.
>>
>> 2. Test if something else is dirtying the form.
>> If you dirty the form programmatically, the Dirty event does not fire in
>> all
>> versions of Access. The easiest way is to set the form's Record Selectors
>> property to Yes. The Record Selector appears to the left of the record,
>> and
>> when the form is dirtied, its icon changes to a pencil. If the pencil
>> already appears before typing, the reccord is already dirty.
>>
>> The most common culprits are any code you may have in Form_Open,
>> Form_Load,
>> Form_Current, Form_AfterUpdate, or Form_AfterInsert. You really must not
>> assign a value to a bound control in those events.
>>
>> "JB" <jenniferban...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> >I have already checked out the suggestions at the website you
>> > mentioned. I could not tell if what I am experiencing is related to
>> > error ridden code or corruption. I suspect corruption but wanted to
>> > avoid that pain if I was unsure.
>>
>> > Backups are not a problem. I keep multiple copies as a history on two
>> > different drives. I make a dup every few hours just in case as a
>> > standard procedure.
>>
>> > There are no Reference issues. I have Compiled and do so frequently
>> > after many code changes. I verified that all forms are set to Option
>> > Explicit and added error handling to every procedure and function. I
>> > have compacted and repaired many times. Every time the app crashed it
>> > also forces me to do a backup and compact and repair again.
>>
>> > I guess my next step is to decompile. If that does not work how do I
>> > determine if I need to rebuild the form that is causing the current
>> > trouble versus rebuild the whole database in a new container?

Allen
3/23/2007 8:22:28 AM
Hi JB,

Have you start by checking what Allen posted?

There are things you need to know on “Form’s OnDirty Event”
and the “Form’s BeforeUpdate Event”.

1.The Form OnDirty Event, when it fires is always “False”. After the event is
over,
it will be “True”. Is there anything else that might cause the Form to change
to “False”?

2.Form OnDirty Event will fire when a control is bound (not when is unbound).
Is
the control bound to a source? (your first control/TextBox).

3.Form Before_Update Event will not fire too if it is unbound.

>JB wrote:
>Thank you. I will try these options.
>
>I no longer think that my database is corrupt. I have followed all
>prior instructions regarding decompiling and importing all items into
>a new database. In my new database, the form that I had the most
>trouble with is still blowing up and crashing the application. I don't
>even know where to start since Access crashes and gives me the Access
>must close message and makes me save a backup copy of the db. I know
>originally the form was not this messed up but I have been changing so
>much code all over that I have no idea if it was me or if it is
>something else.
>
>Any advice on where to start troubleshooting something like this?

AccessVandal
3/23/2007 8:36:20 AM
Thanks for the input. Today it is time to tackle the monster. I am
going to start commenting out everything that Access chokes on and see
what I have left. I am going to look at the issue of :

"The most common culprits are any code you may have in Form_Open,
Form_Load,
Form_Current, Form_AfterUpdate, or Form_AfterInsert. You really must
not
assign a value to a bound control in those events. "

I am also asking the programmer who worked on this before me to
evaluate what I am seeing and get some input from him. I think fresh
eyes and another perspective will help speed things up.

0
JB
3/23/2007 4:29:23 PM
I have solved part of my problem. I was working on some other related
matters. There were a variety of issues on this form that I have been
working through. I am now down to the final details.

Form Before_Update was not firing because the [Event_Procedure]
reference was not linked in the Form Properties. I do know how that
happened. I am using this event to validate fields that require data.
If a field is blank, I display a msgbox prompt, set the focus to the
blank field, and set Cancel=True. I believe that is right. My memory
is rusty.

My Save procedure triggers the Form Before_Update. After saving the
record, it uses SQL to add a record of data to another independent
table and then closes the form. I do not remember what to do to stop
the Save procedure from running the SQL and closing the form if the
Before_Update found a blank field and set Cancel=True.

Any help will be appreciated.

0
JB

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...

I need book lending forms
Please I need your help, I'm looking for book lending forms in order to keep control of which books I'm borrowing and when they have to be returned to me. Thanks ...

Using list box to open forms
I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:35:22 -0000, lecoughlin@gmail.com wrote: > I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would > like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, > and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this > would be appreciated. > > Thanks. Code the list box Double-Cli...

from sub form to main form
Hope someone can help on this. I have an a form with a sub form and I’m trying to get some calculated results From my sub to show up in my main form. The Main Form is Job_Sheet_2 The Sub Form is work_hours_sub On the sub I have the following fields that are populated from a query. The criteria for the query comes from a combo box on the main form. JobID EmployeeID StopDate HundredTime The following are field that I added Labor_charge { Fixed Value} Extended { =[Labor_Charge]*[hundredtime} In the footer of my Sub I have the following Text12 ...

Outlook form cache problem
In the company where I work, we use custom forms without code. The custom forms are used as a forced form when a new appointment or meeting request is made in a resource calendar (in a public folder). When an existing appointment is opened, most of the time the form is showed. However several times a week there is a problem with the form cache and the default appointment form is displayed instead of the custom form. The problems occur when the user has opened multiple appointments in the same resource calendar. The custom forms in other resource calendars are still available for this u...

Making a form Maximize when opened?
How do I do this? "m galvin" <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE1B7CF-E57A-42D5-B103-8A48E657C0E5@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? In the form's Open event, execute the statement: DoCmd.Maximize Note that maximizing a form also maximizes any other (non-popup) forms and reports, so you may want to restore things when the form closes. In that case, you could use the form's Close event to execute the statement DoCmd.Restore You can also do the same thing using the corresponding macro actions, Maximize an...

Updating Check Boxes in User Form does not change worksheet
I have a user Form with several Check Boxes on it. When I check or uncheck the Boxes it does not change the boxes in the workbook/worksheet. The User Form is a different workbook then the Worksheet I want to update. When you click on the Check box on the worksheet it shows "Check Box ##". This is the same Workbook/Sheet reference I am using for several other things and they all update correctly. What did I do wrong? Here is the code I was trying to use: Private Sub Update_Installer_Forms_8_Click() With Workbooks("Master Installer Forms.xlsm").Sheets(&quo...

Report on a form
Is it possible to place a report on a form? I'd like to display some information (grouping, summing, etc) to the user, which a sub form won't allow me to do. A report does just what I need. I tried inserting a subreport on the form, but it would not let me select a report as the source object. Any suggestions, alternate solutions, or work arounds? Thanks John what about a set of unbound fields that you put your summaries into? -do the calculations in code (on current and on change events) and assign the results to one of the unbound fields "John M&qu...

sub form datasheet
my question is how can i change the color of heading in column and the font size only not data sheet form thank you AFAIK, you *cannot* change the color of column headings in a form in Datasheet view. but you can set the form to ContinuousForms view, and format the form to look like a datasheet, then you'll have full control of the labels used as column headers. hth "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23kSLZxb0HHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > my question is > how can i change the color of heading in column and the font size only not > data sheet ...