Form class module for non-existent form - how remove?

Hi,

After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now
have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I
am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name
for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in
the way.

How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module?

I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it
hasn't helped.

Anything else?

Thanks,
Kjell
0
Kjell

Kjell,
A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like
your 'in-limbo' module is in reality a class module.
Go to the modules tab in the database window. Find the module and rename it
by selecting it and typing in the new name - for example ModA.

Jeanette Cunningham

"Kjell Rilbe" <kjell.no@spam.rilbe.se> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have
> a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am
> unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my
> form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way.
>
> How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module?
>
> I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't
> helped.
>
> Anything else?
>
> Thanks,
> Kjell

0
Jeanette
2/4/2008 11:03:47 AM
Thanks, but that's not it. The VBA editor lists the module under the
form modules folder and its name is like "Form_..." and it is NOT listed
in the Modules folder of the DB window.

The module IS (at least was) part of a form that I copied under a new
name to create new similar form. I think the first symptom that
something went wrong was that when I clicked the ... button next to the
event property name of one of the events, with code allready attached,
Access said something about no guide existing for this operation. Then
the code win opened like everything was ok, but it opened a different
form's code window. Not even the one I copied from, but a TOTALLY
different form. Then, I can't open the code of the copy (the copied
form, not the original). It says there's a network error or some such.
Not able to find the "file".

I can delete the copy (the form) and create a new blank form with the
same name, but when I try to attach code, it starts over again. When I
delete the form, the class module is still listed under the forms folder
in the VBA editor.

This seems to have happened to other people too, because I found a few
forum Q:s on the web. One reply suggested the /decompile switch
(undocumented), but it didn't help.

I've now gone back to a backup and copied the form "manually" instead.
I.e. creating a new form from scratch. A lot more work, but no bugs
roaring ugly faces at me.

Still, I'd like to see how I could repair this when it happens. It's
bound to happen again, because I often copy forms.

Thanks,
Kjell

Jeanette Cunningham wrote:

> Kjell,
> A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like
> your 'in-limbo' module is in reality a class module.
> Go to the modules tab in the database window. Find the module and rename it
> by selecting it and typing in the new name - for example ModA.
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "Kjell Rilbe" <kjell.no@spam.rilbe.se> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have
>>a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am
>>unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my
>>form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way.
>>
>>How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module?
>>
>>I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't
>>helped.
>>
>>Anything else?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Kjell

0
Kjell
2/4/2008 11:29:21 AM
I have encountered the same thing (i think). I treated it as a symptom of
possible database corruption. I created a new, blank database and imported
all objects into it. The offending form module entry did not survive the
trip, presumably because there was no corresponding form.

--
HTH,
George

> Thanks, but that's not it. The VBA editor lists the module under the form
> modules folder and its name is like "Form_..." and it is NOT listed in the
> Modules folder of the DB window.
>
> The module IS (at least was) part of a form that I copied under a new name
> to create new similar form. I think the first symptom that something went
> wrong was that when I clicked the ... button next to the event property
> name of one of the events, with code allready attached, Access said
> something about no guide existing for this operation. Then the code win
> opened like everything was ok, but it opened a different form's code
> window. Not even the one I copied from, but a TOTALLY different form.
> Then, I can't open the code of the copy (the copied form, not the
> original). It says there's a network error or some such. Not able to find
> the "file".
>
> I can delete the copy (the form) and create a new blank form with the same
> name, but when I try to attach code, it starts over again. When I delete
> the form, the class module is still listed under the forms folder in the
> VBA editor.
>
> This seems to have happened to other people too, because I found a few
> forum Q:s on the web. One reply suggested the /decompile switch
> (undocumented), but it didn't help.
>
> I've now gone back to a backup and copied the form "manually" instead.
> I.e. creating a new form from scratch. A lot more work, but no bugs
> roaring ugly faces at me.
>
> Still, I'd like to see how I could repair this when it happens. It's bound
> to happen again, because I often copy forms.
>
> Thanks,
> Kjell
>
> Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
>
>> Kjell,
>> A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds
>> like your 'in-limbo' module is in reality a class module.
>> Go to the modules tab in the database window. Find the module and rename
>> it by selecting it and typing in the new name - for example ModA.
>>
>> Jeanette Cunningham
>>
>> "Kjell Rilbe" <kjell.no@spam.rilbe.se> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now
>>>have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am
>>>unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for
>>>my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the
>>>way.
>>>
>>>How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module?
>>>
>>>I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it
>>>hasn't helped.
>>>
>>>Anything else?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Kjell

0
George
2/4/2008 5:25:05 PM
George,

Interesting! Did you do this in some kind of automated manner? Something
smoother than copy+paste for each item?

Thanks,
Kjell

George Nicholson wrote:

> I have encountered the same thing (i think). I treated it as a symptom of
> possible database corruption. I created a new, blank database and imported
> all objects into it. The offending form module entry did not survive the
> trip, presumably because there was no corresponding form.
0
Kjell
2/4/2008 10:27:37 PM
What do you mean by copying "a form with a class module"? Do you mean you
copy the form's class module (not the Access Class module) code's into the
VBA editor with copy and paste?

You must use the database window objects(Forms). Copy the form and wizard
will prompt you for a new name. This will also copy the form's class module's
code.

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you

AccessVandal
2/5/2008 2:05:52 AM
That's what I did. But something went wrong and the connection between
the form and the associated class module is somehow broken. In fact, it
seems like the code didn't get copied at all, only a reference to "it"
(where "it" is void, which it shouldn't be).

Kjell

AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com wrote:

> What do you mean by copying "a form with a class module"? Do you mean you
> copy the form's class module (not the Access Class module) code's into the
> VBA editor with copy and paste?
>
> You must use the database window objects(Forms). Copy the form and wizard
> will prompt you for a new name. This will also copy the form's class module's
> code.
>
> Kjell Rilbe wrote:
>
>>After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now
>>have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I
>>am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name
>>for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in
>>the way.
>>
>>How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module?
>>
>>I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it
>>hasn't helped.
0
Kjell
2/5/2008 8:13:19 AM
That's odd. The only thing that I can come up is your PC hardware issue (your
RAM) or there might be another software running in the background. If there
aren't any of this like virus/trojen, I out of ideas.

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you

AccessVandal
2/5/2008 10:16:37 AM
-Create a new empty database.
-Be sure Tools>Options>AutoCorrect is OFF

-File>GetExternalData>Import.
-Select All: Tables (except those starting with
"Msys")>Queries>Forms>Reports>Macros>Modules, etc. "OK"

-Check & Set References in the VBE, as necessary. Compile
-Reset Tools>Startup, as necessary.

--
HTH,
George

> George,
>
> Interesting! Did you do this in some kind of automated manner? Something
> smoother than copy+paste for each item?
>
> Thanks,
> Kjell
>
> George Nicholson wrote:
>
>> I have encountered the same thing (i think). I treated it as a symptom of
>> possible database corruption. I created a new, blank database and
>> imported all objects into it. The offending form module entry did not
>> survive the trip, presumably because there was no corresponding form.

0
George

copying projects list in classification 1 to projects list in business module
I have used MS Money Small Business since it came out but I'm "locked-out" of the invoicing features because my projects list is in Classification 1 (as suggested by Microsoft when Money first came out) rather than the dedicated projects list in the business module. Can these two databases be linked? Can the project number- names in Classification 1 be copied and pasted to the projects list in the business module? The latter was suggested by MS support in India but the edit functions cut/copy/paste are grayed-out in Classification 1 so this doesn't seem to be a viabl...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

WDF for Storage CLASS device
I've got an old WDM driver for a SCSI device. This 'SCSI Processor' device needs exact CDB structure (6-byte CDB) to work. And that all worked under the WDM driver. (a note under WDM storage class drivers says you have to use Storage Class to talk with other SCSI devices such as scanners, so that's what I did in the past) Now I want to write a WDF driver for this device. Can a WDF driver setup the SRB and CDB for such a device? How do I get access to the CDB that is built for each Irp from the Foundation? (it just seems like the WDF would make my driver a...

Worksheet_Calculate code in same module as Worksheet Change event goes astray
Hi, I'm trying to get some code to fire, based on a formula in cell E2 changing value to equal 1. Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Cells(5, 2) = 1 Then MsgBox "Fires ok" 'Application.EnableEvents = False End Sub I can get it to work properly on a blank spreadsheet. However I need to use it on a worksheet that already has a Worksheet Change code. Since it seems like each worksheet can only have one module (page? not sure of the right name) for code, the above code is in the same module as the Change code. Thus, when the entry is made that chang...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

How do I remove the bar above the outlook bar?
Hi there, how do I remove the bar above the outllook bar, the one which has a darker grey background, and has Back, Forward, Personal folders, then Address and Go on it? As I never use this bar. It's the one which is structured something like this: <-Back -> � Address -> Go X Thanks for any help You mean the Advanced toolbar? View, Toolbars, then click on Advanced. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://w...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Outlook 2003 e-mail folders no longer exist after synching with ho
In the last three weeks I was forced by Microsoft to download the Outlook Connector. This worked for a small amount of time untill I noticed I was receiving "Blank e-mails" When I checked e-mail in the browser, all of the e-mail was still there. I have linked to hotmail e-mail accounts. This shouldn't have any impact with Outlook 2003. Today, 18 February 2010, I hit send/receive in Outlook 2003 and let it synch up with the hotmail account. To my dismay when I checked my inbox this evening, I found that the default inbox had been changed to the hotmail inbox. I...

removing windows multi boot.
for a while now my dads had his pc configured for multibooting by which i mean when he starts it up he gets a boot manager come up asking him whether he wants to boot into windows xp or windows 7, i have now just bought a new pc and he is going to have my old one so we need to remove the multiboot system, we ran windows 7 setup from the dvd and formatted the windows 7 drive yet windows 7 still appears in the boot list, how do i clear windows 7's entry from the boot manager so it just loads into xp without prompting the user to select an operating system? -- Stuart ...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Shipping Module to add UPS or FEDEX
Add A shipping module to Great Plains so we can transport information from UPS to the Order and Invoice for the freight cost and the tracking number so we can automate putting this information into the Invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

I need book lending forms
Please I need your help, I'm looking for book lending forms in order to keep control of which books I'm borrowing and when they have to be returned to me. Thanks ...

Removing attachment from incoming email
Removing attachment from email , does this attachment occupy space on computer? To free the space , Do we have to take some action , similar to "empty recylce bin", sanjay wrote: > Removing attachment from email , does this attachment occupy space on > computer? Just where did you think that attachment was? Floating out in cyber etherspace somewhere? Look at the Size column for the e-mail. > To free the space , Do we have to take some action , similar to > "empty recylce bin", If you saved the attachment or don't want it: Open th...