forcing the user to select a combo value option

Hi All,

I have a combo box in my child form which accepts 2 values issue and receipt.

I have to ensure that the user selects any one option when he enters values
against receiving or issuing the item.

Right now if the combo box value is not selected it affects the QOH does not
get calculated accordingly.

Any suggestion as to how to force the user select an option before saving
the transaction.

thanks in advance

What about setting a default?
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"vandy" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a combo box in my child form which accepts 2 values issue and receipt.
>
> I have to ensure that the user selects any one option when he enters values
> against receiving or issuing the item.
>
> Right now if the combo box value is not selected it affects the QOH does not
> get calculated accordingly.
>
> Any suggestion as to how to force the user select an option before saving
> the transaction.
>

> thanks in advance

You can still set a default value for the Control on the Form

However

Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate (Cancel As Integer)
  If IsNull(Me.cboStatus.Value) Then
    Cancel = True
    Me.cboStatus.SetFocus
    Beep
  End If
End sub

HtH

Pieter

"vandy" <vandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Karl,
>
> Setting a default value in my case would not work since i have
> +1 as Received and -1 as Issued . Only during the transaction can the item
> have any one status. In the database the default value is set to 0
>
> Can I control it programatically in any event.
> thanks
>

> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
>> What about setting a default?
>> --
>> KARL DEWEY
>> Build a little - Test a little
>>

>> "vandy" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I have a combo box in my child form which accepts 2 values issue and
>> > receipt.
>> >
>> > I have to ensure that the user selects any one option when he enters
>> > values
>> > against receiving or issuing the item.
>> >
>> > Right now if the combo box value is not selected it affects the QOH
>> > does not
>> > get calculated accordingly.
>> >
>> > Any suggestion as to how to force the user select an option before
>> > saving
>> > the transaction.
>> >

>> > thanks in advance

0
Pieter

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Locking The Outlook so user can not change the view.
Is there any way to lock Outlook 2000 and or Outlook 2003 so user can not change the view setting under the View Menu? I have several user that keeps changing the view and ask me to change it back. They will swear that they did not change. I will to lock it down so they can not loose any toolbar or anything else. Thank you Belmont ...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Excel mouse selecting problem
Not sure if this is the right place, but ... Seems that excel xp is randomly having a really annoying problem. Left-clicking in a cell seems to result in a permanent selecting mode which renders the whole of excel imoperable. Basocally, the mosue continus to select cells even thou I'm not holding down any mouse buttons, and refuses to stop selecting cells. I have changed the mouse nad keyboard, and it still happens. This issue sometimes begins at startup of excel, and sometimes after using excel for a while. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Fletch -- zkcerf ...

Chainge cell values to formuals
How to I chainge the value a cell desplays to be the formual of the cell/ <Ctrl> <~> Or, some people say: <Ctrl> <`> Any way, <Ctrl> plus the key to the left of the "1" and "!" key. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "ClimbGuy" <ClimbGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABC84E3C-0BAB-40B3-B8FB-ABAFCA8B2F54@microsoft.com... How to I chainge the value a cell desplays to be...

Problem with Domain user as local administrator
Hello, I have a problem with the authentication of users to access services. I have a domain with Windows 2008 R2 and all servers are W2008 R2. I want to add a domain user as local administrator into the server and not appears on the list, but says if it is. If I logon on that server with the domain user works fine but does not have administrator access because some complement is not allowed. I turned off the UAC and so the server can access. The problem comes when the user wants to access such a SQL and indicates that the domain is not trusted. It does not seem to ha...

user receives mail that is addressed to a different user
I have a user who receives mail that is addressed to a different user. My user: joe_user@domain.com receives mail for henry_hu@domain.com. I have blocked henry_hu@domain.com in the recipient filtering setting and have also enabled "filter recipients who are not in the directory". Henry Hu does not exist in AD. Any ideas how this happens? How to block it? If I go to an external account and send to henry_hu@domain.com it is immediately rejected. The filter is enabled, on both servers. I have a single front-end and a single back-end. Any insight into this matter would be ...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Select Subset of Rows/Cols
I was given an Excel Spreadsheet (v2003) and asked to let the user print subsets of data. Is there a way to print out a subset of columns and rows (like using a SQL statement)? SELECT Name, Age FROM xxx WHERE State = 'CA' For example: Given: Name State Age Height Weight Bob CA 23 5'9" 160 Sam CA 26 6'0" 195 Bill NV 44 5'8" 170 Curt MN 35 6'2" 210 John CA 38 5'11" 200 Print: Bob 23 Sam 26 John 38 I am somewhat familiar with Macros (although not Excel) and SQL. It would also be alright just to copy the data t...

Problem emailing verizon users
I've used Windows Mail under Vista successfully for several years. Now, in the last 2-3 months, people with verizon.net email addresses no longer receive my emails. Everyone else does. I can receieve their email, however. Can anyone help with this? What happens when you reply to a received message? Does it never get there? Do you get a rejection message? Did the recipient check the server side spam filters? steve "Chaspo" <Chaspo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ECE62F1-CA4F-4804-86BA-B77FDA82D343@microsoft.com... > I've use...

User's Guide--can we get this thing some other way?
I do not have broadband and using the user's guide the M05 is driving me crazy. Is there any other way to get the info so that old fogies like me who actually prefer to read a book can function? Apparently Most Users Prefer(tm) it this way... "Donna Ford" <cdford@integrity.com> wrote in message news:OKm4tJWNFHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I do not have broadband and using the user's guide the M05 is driving me > crazy. Is there any other way to get the info so that old fogies like me who > actually prefer to read a book can function? Gina Carrillo has...

Splitting leads to multiple users.......
Hi, I have sales person who has 50 leads. and i have 5 users now i want all these leads to distribute among all the users of 10 each. with proper contact info of each lead... how can i achiev this with MSCRM1.2 without any integration... Regards, Richard, You can multi-select (<CTLR>-click) the leads from the list view and the use Action..Assign to assign them to another rep. Matt On 16 Feb 2004 01:01:10 -0800, iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com (Richard I.P) wrote: Hi, I have sales person who has 50 leads. and i have 5 users now i want all these leads to distribute among all the users of 10...

Unknown User when Sending Appointments on Behalf.
To all- I have a secreatry who sets up appointments on behalf of a partner here. However, when recipients accept or reject the appointment the message gets bounced back saying The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. Her account is functioning properly otherwise. Using Exchange 2000 in conjuction w/ Outlook 2002. ...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

How can a user view a MSCRM custom report through SharePoint without being a user of MSCRM?
Is it possible to achieve the followings: Question: 1 We create a custom report with the data from MSCRM 3 and upload the rdl file in the reports in IIS. We have people who are not the users of MSCRM but the users of SBS domain and can access SharePoint Services. We now want to create a link for this report in SharePoint site so that these users can view this report even though they are not the users of MSCRM In other words, how can a user access a custom report developed on MSCRM database through SharePoint without being a user of MSCRM? Question: 2 We need to change the format of the q...

crm email for remote users
Hi, I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM. The remote users use a hosted POP3 email service, not Exchange. Can Sales for Outlook be configured so that when a CRM email is sent, the email uses their hosted service's profile in Outlook? Thanks No this will not work CRM will only work against an exchange server. "Gene Marks" <gene@marksgroup.net> wrote in message news:OEg340vPDHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM. The > remote users use a hosted POP3 email ...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

select a specific ActiveCell by VBA
In any cell in column "F", a user can select a code number from a drop down list. These numbers go up to over 100, so, if the user isn't sure of which number to select, cell F6 can be rightclicked and VBA will take the user to a different sheet where all the code numbers (and their associated meanings) are listed. A command button on that sheet will take the user back to the ActiveCell on the first sheet. Even if the user was working in cell F2000, the active cell is now always F6 To get around this, how can I set the active row to the bottom most row with data i...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

Combo Box to update fields in a form
I have a form which is used to enter client data into a table. I wish to use a combo box to search for a clients name and then show the clients record (address etc) into the other fields on the form from the original table the info was entered into. I have tried queries to no avail and have no knowledge of code, so answers in words of one syllable please Thanks "richard" <richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11D07930-3D55-490A-AD94-29E9E2709A68@microsoft.com... >I have a form which is used to enter client data into a table. I wish to >use > ...

multi users in outlook
one computer with outlook on it can i have more than one user account like outlook express were you can switch from sam to jane or viser vers ? silverfox wrote: > one computer with outlook on it can i have more than one user account like > outlook express were you can switch from sam to jane or viser vers ? Yes and no. Outlook uses Profiles which are similar to OE identities with one major difference - you cannot switch Profiles without closing Outlook first. -- Registered Linux User no 240308 to email me invalidate the invalid! Yes you can. The first step is to "add" t...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

Replacing 10 User Licence with 100 User Licence in CRM Pro 3.0
Hi there. We would like to replace the 10 User licence with the 100 user licence PID that we recently received. How do I remove the 10 user licence? - Nick. Hi Nick If you are referring to the 10 user MSDN licence then I had the same issue when I finally recieved our 'real' licenses. If I tried to add the nes licence through Deployment Manager I got the error that 'A server Licence already exists'. I opened a ticket with MS and was told that the only way was to uninstall, and then re-install attaching to exisiting databases. Sounded daunting but it actually only took 2...

Sumif function and negative value together
Hi, Is there a way to combine these two functions together? =SUMIF(AP:AP,B4,AS:AS) =IF(F3<0,J3*F3,J3) What I am trying to do is to pick up cost from a different table b using sumif function. But sometimes, there is a return - I want th sumif function to pick up cost and if it is a negative quantity, I wan it to reverse the sign. Thanks for your help. Regards, BG -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =ABS(SUMIF(AP:AP,B4,AS:AS)) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &q...

Filter for Same Value in Two Fields
There are two fields in my query. "From" and "To". For sake of ease, let's say both these fields are US Cities. How can I pull all the records that show shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver? Thank you in advance. You stated: shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver Technically this would mean both values were Denver which might not make much sense if you expected the From and To to be different. Assuming you are viewing your query in design view, you would type "Denver" und...