Find next record according to specific criteria

I have a field on a form that has a checkbox.  I want to make a button
that will go to the next record that doesn't have the checkbox checked
(I don't want to filter the records, just to advance to the next
unchecked record).  What code do I use to accomplish this?

0
eda

You can use the FindNext method to do that:

    With Me.RecordsetClone
        .FindNext "[CheckBoxFieldName] = 0"
        If .NoMatch Then
            MsgBox "No More UnChecked Records"
       Else
           Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
       End If
    End With

Note CheckBoxFieldName is the name of the field in the recordset, not the
name of the check box control on the form.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"eda" wrote:

> I have a field on a form that has a checkbox.  I want to make a button
> that will go to the next record that doesn't have the checkbox checked
> (I don't want to filter the records, just to advance to the next
> unchecked record).  What code do I use to accomplish this?

Your code worked like a charm!  Thanks!!!

On Nov 1, 2:01 pm, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You can use the FindNext method to do that:
>
>     With Me.RecordsetClone
>         .FindNext "[CheckBoxFieldName] = 0"
>         If .NoMatch Then
>             MsgBox "No More UnChecked Records"
>        Else
>            Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
>        End If
>     End With
>
> Note CheckBoxFieldName is the name of the field in the recordset, not the
> name of the check box control on the form.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "eda" wrote:
> > I have a field on a form that has a checkbox.  I want to make a button
> > that will go to the next record that doesn't have the checkbox checked
> > (I don't want to filter the records, just to advance to the next
> > unchecked record).  What code do I use to accomplish this?- Hide quoted text -

eda
11/1/2007 6:31:41 PM
Glad I could help.
--

"eda" wrote:

> Your code worked like a charm!  Thanks!!!
>
> On Nov 1, 2:01 pm, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > You can use the FindNext method to do that:
> >
> >     With Me.RecordsetClone
> >         .FindNext "[CheckBoxFieldName] = 0"
> >         If .NoMatch Then
> >             MsgBox "No More UnChecked Records"
> >        Else
> >            Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
> >        End If
> >     End With
> >
> > Note CheckBoxFieldName is the name of the field in the recordset, not the
> > name of the check box control on the form.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "eda" wrote:
> > > I have a field on a form that has a checkbox.  I want to make a button
> > > that will go to the next record that doesn't have the checkbox checked
> > > (I don't want to filter the records, just to advance to the next
> > > unchecked record).  What code do I use to accomplish this?- Hide quoted text -

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

saving a copy of deleted records
I am writing a vb6 interface for an access database. I want to be able to delete records so they no longer register on the database but at the same time it would be good if all the deleted data was stored away somewhere - rather like the recycle bin in Windows. I would welcome suggestion on the best way to do this. Is there any standard way to do it? There are a number of related tables with 'Cascade Delete Related Records' set. Thanks Nod The easiest thing to do would be simply to add a checkbox to the table so that if you don't want people to see certain records tick it. D...

cannot find database

Permitting relaying to specific domain
Platform: Windows 2003, Exchange 2000 sp2. I'm working with two e-mail domains in my exchange server, with the primary e-mail address @yyyy.com, I can send/recieve e-mail using pop3, but I'm not able to do the same with the second e-mail address @xxxx.com, with this address I just can recieve e-mail, but when I try to send I recieve the relay error 550. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You. Create connector for that domain and in Address Space tab set "Allow messages to be relayed to this domains". javier wrote: > Platform: > > Windows 2003, Exchang...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

copy and pasting in 5000 records referencing cells
I have a file that is 5000 records long. example Column A Column B namea nameb namec Transit number associated with (a,b,c) What I want is to have transit number appear in Column a beside each of the individuals. The issue is the transit number is different for all 5000 records some may have 5 per transit number and others just 3 and some have 7 depending on size of the branch. Is there a formula to populate this without copy and pasting in each cell? thanks Yes "Fawn Lagi...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

Getting drop down to change next cell
I have a drop down of the numbers 5-1. If someone selects 5, I want the cell next to it to say 6% If someone selects 4, I want the cell next to it to say 4.5% as so on. Can anyone explain how to do this? Thanks! -- KevinR ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KevinR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496785 Here's one way: For the dropdown in A1..... B1: =CHOOSE(A1,1%,2%,3%,4.5%,6%) The first argument of CHOOSE must be an integer...

Bring Up Records Within a Form
Hello All, I am building a maintenance database for heavy equipment. What I have is a form which shows the information about a particular piece of equipment - for example a dump truck. I have broken the form into three tabs: "General Information", "Technical Information", and "Maintenance History". General Information houses make, model, year, etc. - but most importantly, the unit number. Technical information houses tire size, serial number, filter numbers, etc. What happens is that once the unit is entered into the database, it is not changed. But, as main...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Excel formula to list out the info according to criterion
Dear sir, There are 3 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: In A1 down to A5, are showing a set of date: from 1 to 5 (2007.01.31; 2007.09. 25; 2008.07.31; 2008.10.31 and 2009.05.31) From B1 to B5, are showing a set of account number: 234; 314; 234; 314 and 234. From C1 to C5, are showing a set of outstanding value of account number: $100; $250; $70; $500 and $650. In additional, in the cell of D1 is the beginning date (2007.01.01), whereas D2 is the end date (2008.07.31). In the cell of E1 is show the account number: 234 My question: I want to know how can I set an exce...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

Validation Criteria & Ignore Blank (cells at bottom)
Hi All, I have a named list that has a bunch of blank cells at the bottom so the user can grow the list as needed. The ignore blank check box in data validation looks tempting, but I still get all the blank cells at the bottom of my drop down list. Does anyone know how to get it so the blank cells don't show in the list. Worksheet called License_Only has data from C2:C210. The data is pulled from a second file as follows: C2 - =IF(ISBLANK([Ontario_MGS_Price_List.xls]License_Only!C2),"", [Ontario_MGS_Price_List.xls]License_Only!C2) C3 - =IF(ISBLANK([Ontario_MGS_Price_List.xl...