filtering form with a field not currently in the form

Hello,

I have a table with the following fields ManagerLast Name, First Name,
Password.  In one the forms I created, it has many fields from different
tables including the ManagerLast Name field and another field call
ManagerApproved, however, not a password field.  I would like to create a VBA
command so that I have an inputbox where a user will type in his/her password
and the form will filter to show only the Manager's Last Name and any
ManagerApproved fields where the field equals to "NO". How can I go about
doing this?  Do I add a text box to the form first with the password field
and then create teh VBA?  Any help would be great.  Thanks in advance.   I
tried doing this in a macro and works great, but when I try to call this in a
Switchboard, access just hangs and this is why I think the VBA command might
help.

Seba

i cant scrolling from a form
im using office 2007 and while i open a single form it doesnt show any data althougth there are records in it and i cant scrolling. On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:59:01 -0800, bill <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im using office 2007 and while i open a single form it doesnt show any data >althougth there are records in it and i cant scrolling. Is the form's Data Entry property set to Yes? If so, existing records will not be visible and all you can do is enter new ones. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] data entry is "no" but i faound that ...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Employee Filters

where to enable BCC fields
I have Outlook 2002 installed on 2 different computers. Both are using word as the email editor. Computer A has To, CC and BCC fields but computer B only has To and CC. I can't find a menu option or preference window that will let me unhide the bcc field. Thanks, Rob Actually I was mistaken, computer B doesn't have word as the email editor but when I tried enabling it, it says "ms word is busy or cannot be found" I recently reformatted this computer so it's a clean install of office. Using Word, you need to go to the Options button on the toolbar to = enable ...

Emailing a form created from a query
I am using Microsft Access 2007 to email a form to individual email addresses so they can update their details and email it back to me. The form was created from a query as the information is in more than one table. However when the recipient gets the email the form is blank and no longer contains the information which was in the form and query. It seems to work when I have created the form from a table but not a query??? ...

zip 4 field
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FIELD ADDED FOR THE ZIP-4 PART OF THE ZIP CODE. WE EXPORT OUR DATA FOR MAILINGS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=028d40ef-12ea-498e-8f...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Access 2007 Run-time Error 2467 when accessing a listbox value on a sub form
I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite some time and has run without errors. A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the following line that references a listbox value on a sub form. If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = "" Then .. .. .. I changed the code to If Nz(Forms! frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = ""...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Deleting Forms Dictionary
All, I wanted to delete all current customizations and Deleted the Forms.Dic, allot of the forms are not working, please help. Johnny Johnny, Your system Alternative/Modified forms and reports were pointing to the modified forms, which was deleted, so the system will need to be pointed to the original forms. You have two options to fix this up: 1. Go to: Dynamics GP Menu --> Tools --> Setup  System  Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports, choose the modified forms below one by one and mark the Dynamics radio button. 2. Go to Dynamics GP Menu --> Tools --> Utilities --&g...

How to check Solver and Forms 2.0 Object Library permanently?
Oops! I happen to find that SOLVER Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library in VBA References in Excel can't be checked permanently,that's once I check them in a new blank excel file,and then close that blank file(of course I don't save it) and open another new excel file,those two component are back in the unchecked state. but this weird phenomenon doesn't occuered for others,I don't know how to solve it... -- yoyo2000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ yoyo2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&a...

Newbie Help with form
Hi, I am looking to have a form, where when I select one field in a combo box, it automatically updates all the other fields to match that list so for example.. I have a table with 3 fields telephone first name last name So I want a drop down box on the form, and when I choose the telephone number i want, it automatically shows the first and last name with it... Additionally I would want to be able to choose a last name, and it show the telephone and first name associated Access 2003 Thanks in advance On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:50:33 -0800 (PST), potentus <neopotent@gmail.com> wr...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

Including field names in RTF Report filename
How do I include field names in the filename of a report that gets output to an RTF file? Have a confirmation report that's sent as RTF via email attachment and want the individual's first/last name to automatically be included in the report's file name. Base report is named Confirmation Email, when I use a button/OnOpen event to do: Dim stDocName As String stDocName = Me![lastname] & "Confirmation Email" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[id]=" & [id] It gets the last name (i.e., Smith Confirmation Email) in the filename, but I get ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

Automatic fill in a field
Hi, I want to try to fill in a field automaticly. We i choose a contacts i want that crm show of fill in automaticly a field with the customer in it. Please advise. Maarten Kievit Hi Maarten, If I have understood this well, you probably want to autofill one of the fields with a value from the Contact entity when a contact is selected. This can be done through Scripting on the onchange of the "Contact" attribute. Alternatively, you could have callouts/plugins written to fill in the values. HTH Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ER...

Click to not show form again.
Hi, I have a form when new users get's access to the front end of the database a form pop-up to ask user if they want to go to tutorial. I want a check box in the form so that when user click on check box this form will not show up again when the user start the front end again. How do i do that? On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:09:03 -0800, EmailreportusingLotusNotesrathert@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a form when new users get's access to the front end of the database a > form pop-up to ask user if they want to go to tutorial. I want a check box >...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...