Filtering a Form Based on a Subform

I have a form that has all the hotels we use for our show.  It has a subform
for each show that we are using that hotel for.  I use a dialog box for my
housing director to find individual hotel records that allows her to select a
show and then select a hotel (the hotel combo filters the list of hotels to
only those that have records for that show).  What she wants to be able to do
now is to scroll through the hotels, but only those that have a record in the
current show so that she can make sure the data is complete on all of them
and make changes as she goes.  Currently, when you use the navigation buttons
to scroll left or right, you get a hotel we're using this year in Orlando,
but the next record may be a hotel we used last year in Vegas.  I tried just
using "filter by form", but then it simply gave me a blank record if the
hotel didn't have a record for this year's show.  Is there something I can
build into the search or into the hotels form itself to allow her to easily
scroll through only those hotels with a record for the show ID she wants to
look at (not necessarily the current show, as she will probably want to do
this again when she starts working on next year's contracts)?

--
Amy E. Baggott

"I''m going crazy and I''m taking all of you with me!" -- Linda Grayson

Outlook 2003 Forms issue.
Very strange problem. Outlook 2003 with SP2 and the MUI pack (French) installed. All installed as part of the full Office 2003 suite. The MUI is installed so users can choose if they want Office in English or French. When Outlook is launched in English, it all works as expected. When you set the language to French, if you go to Tools | Forms | Design a form and then click on any of the forms (like appointment) we get an error message: "Microsoft Office Outlook ne peut pas enrigistrer le formulaire. Une erreur s'est produite et ce composant ne fonctionne plus correctement. Veuil...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

form's won't open
i have a front half of a database that i use successfully at one pc (where the back-half is located). i've put the front half on other pc's and linked them over the network to the back-half successfully. at another store's location, i repeated this but had some problems. on the main pc, everything is fine but on another pc, the front half doesn't work at all. it's set up to open a launcher form at startup, which works, but all of the buttons on the launcher form don't do anything. either nothing at all happens, a new window opens for a brief second and then closes ...

Handle Duplicate Primary Key Field at Time of Entry Instead of at Form Update
Note: This was originally posted at the queries group by mistake ...... Hi Folks - Currently, I am using the Error Event of my form to capture duplicate key entry. However, this is not invoked until the form updates. Is there a way to check for a duplicate after the user tabs out of the primary key field? Thanks. -- Michael "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in news:uScYzaNHIHA.284@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Michael > > The Primary Key of a table is used to ensure each row/record is > unique. How is it that you are allowing your users to "crea...

Change GAL filter
Hello All ~ I'm trying to modify our GAL filter so that I can exclude an OU from the listing. Anyone have any good links to documents on the GAL filter, or any suggestions on learning the syntax? Thanks! bigbadbats Yes, here's a suggestion - GAL/Address List/Recipient Policy filters are applied to recipients based on recipient attributes. OU is not a recipient attribute, though a parent/child relationship does exist. - One way of doing this is using a particular attribute that's common between all recipients in that OU like location, city, country, department, et al. If no...

Trying to add a field from another table on a form
I've added relationship between the form's master table and the other table. I've updated the control source on the txt box to the table/field that I need (=[table]![field]) but all of the fields are displaying as "#Name?" on my form. I'm sorry, I know this is probably something stupid. Use a query as the forms source and join the tables in the query. Redo the text box control source. -- Build a little, test a little. "FergusonH" wrote: > I've added relationship between the form's master table and the other table. > I...

Dynamic map within Excel based on spreadsheet values
Hi, I hope this is possible, we have a team of people working on mapping different areas of a city. Each area they are working on is called an AOI or area of interest. These are custom polygons drawn by hand, not states or anything like that. The excel spreadsheet keeps track of how much progress they have made on each AOI. I was wondering if I could put a dynamic map in the Excel spreadsheet showing the current status of each AOI, based on a color scheme. I've tried Mappoint but had trouble making the custom territories, it seemed geared mostly towards using pre-defined territorie...

Performance Counters for Connection Filtering.
Hi I have setup connection filtering on my Exchange server 2003 , However I want to ensure that this is working and monitor how many email are bounced because they are on RBL's.etc. Is there a performance counter object that refers to this ? I've looked everywhere and cannot find it ! If not is there any other way to monitor this ? Remove the DontSpamMe from the email address when replying. Thanks in advance, David Capps ...

Filter by category in OWA: possible?
I've created a "Favorite Public Folder" calendar for my medical practice partnership that shows who's on call, who's on vacation, who's away for a meeting, etc. Altogether I've created about 6 "Activity Type" color-coded categories. One of my partners asked if she could customize the view so it shows only her own activities. I know that in full Office Outlook I can filter the view by category, so I could add non-color-coded categories for each of our 4 docs, and then she could drill down through the View>Current View>Customize Current Vie...

Update Form
I have a main form which has combo boxes which pull from a table to fill in data fields. Sometimes these tables need new data added. I have added a command button which opens a second form where the list can be updated. When I close the second form the new choices do not appear in my combo box unless I close and re-open the form. Is there a way I can do an automatic refresh or update without having to close the main form? Thanks in advance Stefan, After you have updated the table behind the list, you can requery the main combo form like this: Forms!TheMainForm!TheCombo.Requery repla...

How do I hide zero values but keep currency format in P.O. form?
I'm creating a purchase order for our company and am having trouble formatting some cells. I need a currency value in the Total section only if there is a value in the Quantity and Unit Price section. I formatted the Total cells to Currency. But if there are no values in Quantity or Unit Price, zero values appear in the Total cells. How do I format the total cells to only show price values when there are values in Quantity and Unit Price? When you format a cell as currency you get a custom format like this (depending on the otpions you chose)... $#,##0.00;[Red]$#,##0.00 Choose the ...

Multiple pictures for current status display in a form
Hello, I tryed to look through several groups but haven't found a genius hint yet. Hope you can help me. I would like to create a MS-Access form that reads data from an online system, showing the status of various machines (running, pausing, actual product and so on). I would like to show on the form a symbol for each machine. This symbol should be depending on additional status information. For example a red machine for a stopped machine, a green for a running... I don't want to use just a simple rectangle but a jpg or gif. The next problem is, that I have a dynamic amount of these ...

Outlook 2003 and SPAM filter, does it work with IMAP, or only with POP3
Hi, I am wondering this functionality of SPAM filter in Outlook 2003. I 1st try to configure my email boxes with POP3 (I have tree box that I read), and the problem with POP3 is that it does not understand the folders in IMAP (I quess so). It neither does not separate different inbox emails (from different systems), but puts them all to one inbox folder (Outlooks own one). The SPAM filter also seems to work, and it cleans up most of the SPAM mails. If I use IMAP, I like it more, it leaves all my tree email inboxes as separate inbox under each email account configuration. But now the mails a...

new data-entry form
Hello, I have a form that is set to data-entry "True" so that the user can only enter new records, and not view or change previous entered records. I have about 10 fields, on the form and would like the first two fields that when selected on the first entry, become the default for all subsequent entries until the form is closed. Is this possible? Would it be better to have a form pop up before starting to enter data that would have the user make the selections for those two fields first, and once selected, would become the default selection for those two same fields on the ...

Copy Order form into EXcel
I have created a form to be filled in. Before printing out I want to move all the data created in the form into a database: Excel sheet where all info is stored per row. In the order I have 1 client (Client A) that buys 3 products (product 1, 2, 3). In the sheet I want to appear in row one: client A - product1, row two: client A - product2, ertc. Than when I create a new form with a new client I want that it appears under the previous row. The form has formulas as Data Validation, VLookup Does anybody knows how to do that? Can you upload the worksheet to your posting at Theco...

After crash, form displays #Name?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

Form with ADO recordset : ctrl+f gives "invalid parameter"
Hi group ! I think I've said it all in the subject ! I have a form with and ADO recordset as the source (PostgreSQL backend). It works find, but whenever I try to "ctrl+f" in a field, an "invalid parameter" error raises. Does anyone know where this comes from ? Thanks in advance ! Regards -- Arnaud ...

Sort form and remove sort
Hello. Thanks in advance for the help. I have a form linked to a query listing expenses. After opening, the form filters based on a selection I make from a previous form. Details: Form Name: ExpensesAll Original Query: ExpensesAllqry Filter Queries: ExpensesNotSub ExpensesSubmitted I would like to add option buttons at the bottom that will allow me to sort the information on the ExpensesAll form. For example, I have a field called "Expense Type". I would like to be able to click the option button and sort this information without having to highlight t...

how can I post to GL from custom form ?
Hello there is there any guide, or example of a posting from a custom form ? I needs ot have a cusotme form to take some data from another DB or customer tables and then save it in some journal then post it .... ? anybody done that before / or is it a plain crazy idea ? You may want to look at eOne Solutions' version of Extender (Enterprise Edition). It allows one to create forms easily and tie them in to various transactions in Great Plains. They provide a number of sample application that will give you an idea of the functionality and how to build it. http://www.eonesoluti...

Change cell color based on contents
Sorry if this is wrong forum, not sure where it should go. Is there a way to change a cell's color based on it's contents? Fo instance, if a cell contains zero, I would like it to be red. I greater than 100, I want it blue. Anything in between 0 and 100, n color change is required. Thanks -- br ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2076 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48370 You can use Conditional Formatting from the Format menu to...

Excel; Can I Filter based on a cell value?
Is it possible to filter a list based on a cell value? What I want to do is for the user to type in a criteria in cell F1 and G1 (Dept and Acct No's) and click a button that will launch a macro that will filter the list and display only entries that have Dept and Acct No's that match those entered in F1 and G1. I have looked through the help files in Excel and can't find a way to do this. If this is not possible is it possible to set something up so that cells that do not fit the criteria are deleted from the spreadsheet somehow? It is ok if non-matching entries are de...

Knowledge Base Articles for new Hotfixes
I've been noticing for the last little bit that, whenever a new hotfix is released, it takes quite a while for the associated Knowledge Base article to appear for it. In the case of the 293 hotfix, it took almost two months before we were able to see a KB article and see what would be affected by the update. In the future, Microsoft should be releasing the KB article at the same time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had to deal with this. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes....

Hide data in a field on a form
I have Privacy Act protected data that I would like to hide from general users of a database with permissions for specific users. I'd like the data to appear as a series of asteriks with a "show" botton that pops up a new box with a warning that data is not to be disclosed. Any suggestions? Check out Password as Input Mask. -- Build a little, test a little. "Tammy S." wrote: > I have Privacy Act protected data that I would like to hide from general > users of a database with permissions for specific users. I'd like the data > to ap...

Moving read inbox messages to folders based on sender's address
I like to leave messages in my inbox until I've read/handled the items. (Minutes or months later.) Then I like to store the messages in folders and 95% of the time I'll store the message in a folder created for the sender. Of course, after using Outlook for 8 years, I have a ton of folders and spend an inordinate amount of time drilling down throught the folder heirarchy to find that belonging to my current correspondent. What I'd like to do is right click on a message from "BSmith@yahoo.com" and have menu option read "Move to Folder Bob Smith." Is there a ...

Check Box as filter
Hello In a Continuous form in Access 2003, I have been using a txtbox for filter with the following code: If Not IsNull(Me.txtComID) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([ComID] Like """ & Me.txtComID & """) AND " End If I would like to use Check Boxes instead of textbox, but I have no idea how to do it. Already in the form I have these check boxes: chkA, ChkB, chkC, chkD and chkE. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance. Im new so take this for what its worth I use radio buttions and this kind of code ...