Filtering a combo box using a combo box

All,

I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo
box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the
criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the
list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo
box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get
the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box
is blank?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

John

0
Turner

Try a criteria in the second combo of:

Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*"
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

<Turner.John.P@gmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo
> box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the
> criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the
> list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo
> box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get
> the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box
> is blank?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> John

0
Arvin
6/5/2007 2:20:05 AM
On Jun 4, 10:20 pm, "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a...@m.com> wrote:
> Try a criteria in the second combo of:
>
> Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*"
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVPhttp://www.datastrat.comhttp://www.mvps.org/accesshttp://www.accessmvp.com
>
> <Turner.Joh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > All,
>
> > I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo
> > box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the
> > criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the
> > list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo
> > box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get
> > the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box
> > is blank?
>
> > Thank you for your help.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > John- Hide quoted text -

That worked. Thank you for the help.

John

0
Turner

Help: New dialog box when opening Word or Outlook
Starting in the last week or so I get the following message when opening Word or Outlook (which I have set to use Word as my mail composer): ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The document contains macros. Macro language support is currently disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available. Would you like to open this document read-only? OK Cancel Help ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am not opening a fil...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Employee Filters

Pressing rhe Print button brings up a "Save As" dialog box.
I'm using Win'XP and Office 2003. Pressing the print button in Excel brings up a "Saved As" dialog box. Rebooting doesn't change a thing. Following through on the "Save As" dialog box doesn't lead anywhere. Been using Excel for months and never saw anything like it. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Don J -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You got a few replies when you first posted this. Don J wrote: > &g...

How do I create a box plot in Excel?
I am trying to create a box plot in excel. My book says to go to tools and Data Analysis Plus. I have already added data analysis, but I have no Data analysis plus. Can anyone help? That appears to be an Australian third party add-in. (I Googled for that info.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "TEW" <TEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7947896-1FA3-4326-9509-11660EB171FC@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a box plot in excel. My book says to go to tools and > Data Analysis Plus. I have already added data analysis, but I have no D...

Double-Click a Text Box to Open Larger on Screen
Hi everyone, hope my request is doable in Access. I need to take a text box on a form, double-click it, and then have the same text box open larger on the screen so that the user can type into it. My users have seen pop up boxes where they can type in info on other programs, so they want this same feature in Access. Thank you for your help in this matter. Maurita Searcy Maurita wrote: > Hi everyone, hope my request is doable in Access. I need to take a > text box on a form, double-click it, and then have the same text box > open larger on the screen so that the user can type int...

hide dialog box application
I want to hide dialog box application. Overriding OnWindowShow of the main dialog class, and inside calling ShowWindow for hiding, does nothing. Doing so inside OnPaint works, but causes annoying flicker. Can someone advise please? Regards Marom See my essay on dialog box applications on my MVP Tips site (Nish gave me permission to reproduce his technique in my essay, and I link to his site as well) joe On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:57:44 +0200, "Marom" <kmarom@miran.net> wrote: >I want to hide dialog box application. Overriding OnWindowShow of the main >dialog ...

Using Excel For Statistics
Hi ! I wanted to know if someone would know if there is a downloadable version of Excel add-ons of Data-Analysis and Data Analysis Plus for Macintosh? lance.fletcher - The "Data Analysis" add-in, usually called "Analysis ToolPak," is provided on the Office/Excel installation disks. It is not available for download. The "Data Analysis Plus" add-in may refer to the add-in on the CD that accompanies statistics textbooks by Gerald Keller (and perhaps textbooks by some other authors). I doubt that it is available for download. Maybe you could contact the auth...

Useful XML .net classes
These are two small classes I created that I use a lot. Between them you can access an XML file almost anywhere. XmlZipResolver An XmlUrlResolver for files in a zip file In the java world a file you can pass a filename of "zip:MyStuff.zip!MyData.xml" and it then handles the MyData.xml file as the xml file to read. The attached file here does the same thing on the .NET side by providing a XmlUrlResolver derived class to handle this case. This code was about 95% the code from news.oreilly.com/XmlZipResolver.cs where I cleaned it up a little and fixed a couple of subtle bugs. Just ...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

clip art in list box
i want to insert clip art into a drop list instead of text One word...Can't. Which technically is two words but you still can't... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "mrmatt67" wrote: > i want to insert clip art into a drop list instead of text ...

I am trying to write a macro using If...Then
I am trying to write a macro that will look at the value in column G. If that value is blank or zero, then select the entire row and delete it. Then I want it to populate columns A with a number "111119" and column H with "TEXT" Here's what I tried, but it's not working. (There are other sorts, etc. that precede this item in the macro, that seem to be working fine.) If Range("g:g") < 1 = true Then ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tab3 Upload").Rows.Select Selection.Delete End If If Range("b:b") >...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

RFID Use with Access
I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. I would appreciate anyone in the group sharing this how-to with me. Zachry1 <Zachry1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface >RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. You should really be looking to the vendor of the RFID capture devices. They should have DLLs/OCXs which you can install and sample code. VB 6 code usually works just fine in Access. Tony -- Tony Toews...

Socket Programing using ASyncsocket
I did a Socket Programing by using AsycSocket..I used win32 MFC based application..........But Create() return zero....That is socket was not created.. Code is given below... void CCLientSocket::InitializeClient() { if (0 == Client.Create()) { MessageBox(NULL,_T("Client Socket is not created"),_T("Client Socket"),0); } else { MessageBox(NULL,_T("Client Socket is created"),_T("Client Socket"),0); } } What is the problem?????????? So where in this code did you call ::GetLastError (...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

mutli-select list box problem
The following code is my failed attempt to get the items picked in a multi-select List box to then appear in another form named "NameDetailForm". The NameDetailForm does open but does not show the items picked from the list box. I believe the end part of my code is flawed, but cannot figure out what it should correctly be. If there is better code for this purpose, I would appreciate seeing it. Private Sub Itemschosen_Click() Dim strWhere As String, varItem As Variant If Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each varItem In Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelec...

How to fill up CPrintInfo without a Print Dialog Box
I can get the DEVMODE structure from a given printer name so I do not need to popup a print dialog box. However, since I do not want to override all those print functions, I will have to correctly fill up the CPrintInfo which contains the print dialog structure. Is there any way to do this? ...

Using palm pilot and outlook
Is there a way to export my contacts and calendar to my new Sony Clie handheld? See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Paul" <paul@charter.net> wrote in message news:0cb501c368fe$a5b4b050$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to export my contacts and calendar to my > new Sony Clie handheld? ...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Going from one combo to another
I have a worksheet with some combo boxes. I want to hit the tab key and move from one combo to the next one. Is that possible? How is it done? -- bernardoafs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bernardoafs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28993 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489382 Hi, if you open goto your userform properties, there is an area called Tab Index. alter the numbers to your tab preference as they are automatically set by the point you added your combo b...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...