filter by selection 08-23-07

Why I can't make filter by selection on subform on Main Form

Random selection #2
How can I set a random selection based on a set number of records in Excel, without repeating the selected record? I have a column with a list of individual names and another column with list of countries. I want to randomly select a country in the 2nd column and assign it to the person's name in the 1st column. However, once the first selection is made I cannot use that country name again for the second selection, and so on. An example that describes what I want to do is when we select names from a hat for gift exchange during holidays. It is a set of specific names, and they will no...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Selecting across worksheets
How do I select across worksheets within a file? I want to select across worksheets and view the accumulating total at the bottom of the worksheet. =SUM(Sheet1!:Sheet3!A3) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15A369D1-561E-4616-B0EB-0FA36A703566@microsoft.com... > How do I select across worksheets within a file? > > I want to select across worksheets and view the accumulating total at the > bottom of the worksheet. ...

Selection lost with VBA
[Sorry for the other message w/o the subject.] I have an Excel 2000 sheet with a CommandButton. I wrote a line of VBA which move the CommandButton in the row of the selected cell (when I change the row, the button is always visible). When I select a cell for copy and then I change the row, Excel lost the selection and I can't past the cell. Any suggestion? Thanks Cristiano What is your code? HTH Bob "Cristiano" <cristiano.pi@NSquipo.it> wrote in message news:4b524742@news.x-privat.org... > [Sorry for the other message w/o the subject.] ...

Employee Filters

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

CRM E-mail 07-05-04
I can send e-mail out from CRM, and it attaches the CRM ID on the subject line. However, when these e-mails are replied to, CRM does not pick them up. I've checked and the CRM Exchange Router appears to be running on the Exchange Server. How do I get the incoming e-mail into CRM? ...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

mutli-select list box problem
The following code is my failed attempt to get the items picked in a multi-select List box to then appear in another form named "NameDetailForm". The NameDetailForm does open but does not show the items picked from the list box. I believe the end part of my code is flawed, but cannot figure out what it should correctly be. If there is better code for this purpose, I would appreciate seeing it. Private Sub Itemschosen_Click() Dim strWhere As String, varItem As Variant If Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each varItem In Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelec...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Pivot table : bulk field selection
Hi! Does anyone know a quick way to delete all or select all (or blocks) o the little checkboxes used for selecting fields to display? It can ge very tedious clicking down the lists. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use a macro to show or hide the items. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html AlfD < wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know a quick way to delete all or select all (or blocks) of > the little checkboxes used for selecting fields to display? It can get > very tedious clicking down the lists. -- D...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

Multiple selection in the page area of a pivot table
Is there any way i can have multiple selection check boxes in the page area of a pivot table? ...

error messages 07-22-04
Our CRM users have been experiencing "please contact your administrator" error messages. They do not seem to be related events. For example just today: -creating a task, the task was created after the error was closed -converting a lead to a contact and account, the account was created after the error was closed -sending an email, no response on the email The did not happen at the same time. The entire network has been running fine. It is not a permissions issue. Any clues? Thanks look in the application log on the CRM server for "Microsoft CRM" errors - you w...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

filter for missing values in a range
I have a list in Col A ( about 2000) one to four digit numbers. I would like to ( for example) , in the 700's be able to filter and find out which of the numbers from 700 to 799 is NOT in the list. I know how to copy and paste to another col, etc. Thanks in advance for the wonderful help all of you give. One play .. Assume your source data runs in A2 down In B2: =IF(ROWS($1:1)+700-1>799,"",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROWS($1:1)+700-1,A:A,0)),"",ROWS($1:1)+700-1)) Copy B2 down by 100 rows to cover the full spread of numbers to be checked, ie # of nums from s...

Default value in table 10-26-07
Hi all, I am creating an access database and have the following problem. When creating a table in design view, I would like to set the default value. The value will be a web address or part of www.nameofsite.foldername/ however when I set this as a default value and add a record to the table, I do not get the default value I specified. What am I doing wrong and is it indeed possible to do this? Thank you -- Jim Expression web help - http://www.expression-web-designer-help.com Expression web forums - http://www.expression-web-designer-help.com/forum/default.asp Solved needed to put ins...

filter driver for an USB modem
Hello, I am working on a NDIS filter under Windows 7 64 bits. The filter is working well as NetService Class with classical Ethernet Adapters. But, it does not work with an USB Modem with "Modem" class. Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. Regards. Eric Boudrand > Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get = > them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. You need to support PPP in your filter, this requires ...