Filling in data to the selected field

Hi everyone,

Initially I can work with the code below...
But I want some modifications.

Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD)  WHILE J0002 (NEW)

Before :-
 Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty
KittedQty
1                 J0001                  A1                         1
1
2.               J0001                  B1                         8
6
3.               J0002                  B1                         8

After:-
 Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty
KittedQty
1                 J0001                  A1                         1
1
2.               J0001                  B1                         8
6
3.               J0002                  B1                         8
[b]6[/b]

So, basically I just want to copy the KittedQty from the old to the new job
of kitted quantity if there is same partnumber exists in both job number...

In this case, I want to copy the kitted qty for PartNumber B1 (J0001) TO
JobNumberNew(J0002) TO Kitted Qty
and ignoring the A1....
Note: All of this data involve only 1 table

 [code]

EMILYTAN

EMILYTAN wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Initially I can work with the code below...
>But I want some modifications.
>
>Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD)  WHILE J0002 (NEW)
>
>Before :-
> Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty   KittedQty
>
>1                 J0001                  A1                         1              1
>
>2.               J0001                  B1                         8               6
>
>3.               J0002                  B1                         8
>
>After:-
> Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty     KittedQty

>1                 J0001                  A1                         1                 1
>
>2.               J0001                  B1                         8                  6

>3.               J0002                  B1                         8               (6)

>So, basically I just want to copy the KittedQty from the old to the new job
>of kitted quantity if there is same partnumber exists in both job number...
>
>In this case, I want to copy the kitted qty for PartNumber B1 (J0001) TO
>JobNumberNew(J0002) TO Kitted Qty
>and ignoring the A1....
>Note: All of this data involve only 1 table
>
> [code]

EMILYTAN
6/5/2007 6:17:27 AM
Have you tried using an update query when a new record is entered?

"EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Initially I can work with the code below...
> But I want some modifications.
>
> Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD)  WHILE J0002 (NEW)
>
> Before :-
>  Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty
> KittedQty
> 1                 J0001                  A1                         1
> 1
> 2.               J0001                  B1                         8
> 6
> 3.               J0002                  B1                         8
>

> After:-
>  Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty
> KittedQty
> 1                 J0001                  A1                         1
> 1
> 2.               J0001                  B1                         8
> 6
> 3.               J0002                  B1                         8
> [b]6[/b]
>
> So, basically I just want to copy the KittedQty from the old to the new job
> of kitted quantity if there is same partnumber exists in both job number...
>
> In this case, I want to copy the kitted qty for PartNumber B1 (J0001) TO
> JobNumberNew(J0002) TO Kitted Qty
> and ignoring the A1....
> Note: All of this data involve only 1 table
>
>  [code]

Nope...I dont have the idea of how to make it work...

Bill Hodgson wrote:
>Have you tried using an update query when a new record is entered?
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 31 lines]
>>
>>  [code]

EMILYTAN

Cannot mail merge with excel data source
I am trying to mail merge an Excel database (xls entension) into a Publisher 2003 document. I use the wizard and when it comes to choosing the data source, I select "Use an existing list" and then I drill down to the Excel file. But when I try to open it I get a screen asking for "Data Link Properties". I don't have the option of chossing an xls format so when I click on OK or Cancel I get "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures" I have run the MDAC system checker and I am running version 2.8 sp1. I also did a r...

Excel 2002: How to select an invoice entry ?
Hi, Let's consider the table below: A B C 1 Invoice Line code Selection 2 2010030101 18 A 3 2010030101 2 A 4 2010030102 3 B 5 2010030102 3 B 6 2010030103 18 A 7 2010030103 6 A 8 2010030104 4 B 9 2010030104 6 B 10 2010030105 ...

ISBN data type
Hi--I am setting up a book lending database for our small non-profit. ISBN's (identification numbers unique to every book) recently went to 13 digits. I want to use the book's ISBN as the primary key for tblBooks, but it is too long for the Long Integer data type, and when you choose Single or Double as the type, it displays the ISBN with an exponent, i.e. 9781564205223 is displayed as 9.781565E+12. Is there any way to "force" Access to display the number as written? Thanks, lcnlit lcnlit <lcnlit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi--I am setting up a book...

Filling cells in between pairs of numbers
Hello all, I am trying to find an easy way to fill in cells in between pairs of numbers each of which is exactly the average of the pair's difference averaged by the number of these cells greater than the previous. So I have 1 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 7 8 20 9 10 12 13 14 15 45 I want: 1 1 2 3.333333333 3 5.666666667 4 8 5 11 6 14 7 17 8 20 9 23.57142857 10 27.14285714 11 30.71428571 12 34.28571429 13 37.85714286 14 41.42857143 15 45 I know I can do a Fill, Series, but then even with a macro that does a "control shift up fill series enter",...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

column charts with multiple data sets
My data set is below. I want to show column charts: The first one would be Product A for August made up of data for versions 1-4, column two would be Product A for September made up of data for versions 1-4. The third column would be Product B for August made up of data for versions 1-4, column four would be Product B for September made up of data for versions 1-4. Product Version August September A 1 30,812 365,874 A 2 59,650,018 56,404,138 A 3 29,931,636 28,053,084 A 4 71,972 62,352 B 1 7,094,967 11,718,925 B 2 9,588,255 ...

Sending data to SQL Server
Hi, I am building a solution to allow a user to upload shape data to SQL Server and I have a couple of questions. 1) Is it possible to include more attributes than just the shape data, but also details of the process model file such as it's title, version, etc? I could do with having the file name in every column of shape data for example. 2) It's quite a few clicks to export the data to an SQL database (about 5 or 6). Is there a way to have this feature available say next to the floppy disc save icon? Steve Since you're building a solution, then you understand t...

Case filled out from SharePoint
I need to have a simple form my users fill out to submit a case. This would include the Business Required fields on the CRM Case form. Is there an easy way to do this using SharePoint? In other words, the user would go to the SharePoint site, click a link to "Submit a Support Request". This would open a form (Infopath perhaps?) where they fill in a few simple items, click submit, and a new CRM Case is created. This then would fire any pertinent workflows as if the case had been created from within CRM itself. I'm aware there are 3rd party solutions out there but would...

What is the size limit of the notes field in an Outlook contact re
When I looked at the properties of the notes field within a contact record in Outlook, it displayed he following information Field Properties Name: Notes Type: Integer Format: 1,234 I was expecting a memo or text data type? ...

Copying Worksheet data
Hi, Is it possible to have data that is typed in a worksheet to be added to another worksheet of the same workbook. I have my inventory worksheet with pricing and other info needed. I also have another worksheet in the same workbook but all I need is the pricing and the description added to my second worksheet. Is there a formula to do this? Thank you, John =Sheet1!A1 Copy the formula down the column and the reference to row 1 will change to 2, 3, etc. -- Ian -- "John Bordieri" <chefjohn@southcountytavern.com> wrote in message news:ZKUBi.227057$BX3.158019@newsfe13...

From field filled in
Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am using Office 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have a second mailbox setup in my profile. When I reply to an e-mail sent to the other inbox, the From field is automatically filled in with that name. So for example, if the other inbox is "HelpDesk" and I reply to an e-mail in that inbox, the from field is automatically filled in as "HelpDesk". Hope that makes sense. Thanks!! <twytch111@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175611189.053649.28340@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am...

Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard
Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than using the mouse (drag and drop). Thanks, Tom. Tom Copy or Cut Select range Select top left corner of range. Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right. Copy:= Ctrl + C Cut:= Ctl + X Paste Ctl + V To Fill Down or Right Ctrl + D or ctrl + r Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a complete List. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving >entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rathe...

Looking up and matching data
I have two sets of data with the same information but not in the same order and am trying to match the data. In each data set I have 10 pools containing 100 loans. Each pool has a unique ID and each loan within the applicable pool has an ID of 1 to 100. I need to look up the Pool ID, then look up the loan ID so that I can extract the property type information from a third column. The Pool ID and property type is text but the loan ID is a number. I am struggling to put together the right combination of formulas to give the property type for each loan within each pool. Any suggestion...

change autocomplete choice in to: cc: or bcc: fields
is there a way to change or remove a name that gets "autocompleted" in the to:, cc:, or bcc: fields? right now i have 2 entries that begin with "jennifer" and i'm always prompted with the one i don't want. is there a way to change this? thanks. ross You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. i realize that, but i'd like to change it to prompt me for the correct one. >-----Original Message----- >You can just delete the one you don't want when it pops up. >. > >i realize that, but i'd like to change it to pr...

Removing text from part of a field
Good morning, I have a table with a field that contains the following: PAGE_03 PAGE_03A PAGE_01 I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field. Thanks, Fred Mid([YourFieldName],7) -- Rick B "fgwiii" <fgwiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C998F7AD-B562-48E7-8F23-4AB58D7E0657@microsoft.com... > Good morning, > > I have a table with a field that contains the following: > PAGE_03 > PAGE_03A > PAGE_01 > > I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field. &...

Transparent Chart Data Series
Dear all, I'm having problems formatting an area chart that I have created. Give that there are two series of data on teh chart and a times one dip behind the other, I want to make one of my series' transparent However, whn I go to the fill effects option of the format data serie menu, transparency is not an option that is available - it is al "greyed out". Anyone got any ideas why this is, and how I can make it an activ option? Thanks, Stev -- stevepai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Constructing Hyperlink from the Database Record fields
I am working on a Windows XP environment using MS Office 2007 including Access 2007. I want to open a document from Access 2007 which I can easily do with Hyperlink type field. However since all the necessary information is already in the Database Record I try to avoid creating additional field which would be a Hyperlink type on the Form unless it is absolutely necessary. Below is the code that I have to construct the FullFileName which consisted of ServerName, Division, Unit, RequirementDirectory, FolderName and the FileName itself. As you can see the Database records has al...

Data Processing
Hello PPLz, I have an excel question (unsurprisingly) that hopefully someone can answer. This is the example: Row 1: Total Quantity Available- 9 Column 1 Column 2 _Date_ _Quatity_(QTY)_ 1/7 4 8/7 2 2/9 2 13/9 5 How do I write a formula it so that (a) when the total available quantity runs out, then display the date on...

Have one fill to auto fill aother
My question is simple. I would like to have field 27 = field 25. So when someone enters the data for field 25, the same data auto populated in field 27. Any help is appreciated! Kaylen, In the CotrolSource for Field 27 type... =[field 25] ....assuming of that you are talking about a form in Microsoft Access or did you mean to post this question in the Excel newsgroup? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions....

Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?
Hi I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her colleagues. In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to her pallette the colours have also changed. Desktop and all other applications colour are fine. The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair, updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette and this does not work. She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper colours. Again this is only affecting Excel? Any pointers? I wish to thank you in advanc...

Inserting multiple rows into a table while maintaining data?
Please trust me, this is a relatively simple question, but takes some explaining: I want to insert multiple rows (anywhere from 60 to 900+) into a table that I routinely use off a template. Every time I open the template, I have all my appropriate column headings, and I paste data from another program into this Excel sheet. My desired outcome is that I am able to paste rows of varying numbers, while still maintaining the last rows (for sum totals of each column) on my template. (This would help automating the task) For example, I start my column headings in row 6. A6, B6, C6, and D6 all ...

exporting data
Is it possible to export account information to another user of a Money file and preserve all the reconciliation and category information? Use the file->export option and export as Loose QIF. The export file contains the reconciled status and the category. You can then import this into another Money file. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com espe...

Large Quantity of Data, Graphed in Time Intervals
I have a very large set of data (over 20,000 points) listed in minute intervals. I'd like to be able to create charts using different time intervals such as 5 minutes, 15 minutes etc. by using a pull down menu to select the interval and have the graph make itself. Is this possible? You can use a pivot table to group times by such intervals. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Kirsten" <Kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811D6E3E-C457-4D36-BA47-1C835D6D670D@microsoft.com....

Filling in blank PO
Hi everybody, I have some question to you, when you create blank PO, then go to content and click Add Item you can see tw boxes. In top one there are all items from your database and in bottom one there are Items you are adding. If you reach number of rows visible in bottom window there is scroll bar comming on right hand side, and as you add more items every new ona is going to the very bottm of the list which is in invisible area. To get there and type in Qty you have to scroll down whole list every time when you add next item. I'm using most recent updates for RMS and I checked i...

Error on new Data Base Query
I am tring to acces an excel Data base Query but the following error mesage appears : "UNEXPECTED ERROR FROM EXTERNAL DATABASE DRIVER (22)" This is after i selected the File to be used, Database Type Excel Files * HELP!!! I would try searching the MS Knowledge Base (www.support.microsoft.com) and/or perhaps repairing or reinstalling Excel. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:05:05 -0800, "MESTRELLA29" <MESTRELLA29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am tring to acces an excel Data base Query but the following error mesage >appears : > >"UNEXPECTED ERROR F...