Field in Relationship Loses BackStyle When Filtering Records

Access 2007.
This is driving me crazy and I'll have a difficult time explaining, but here
goes.
Using a one-top-many between 2 fields:
tblProductType.ProductTypeID (Left Column)
tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID (Right Column)
I have several other relationships with the same results. The odd one out
is a relationship that I deleted and made several other changes to and
this anomaly doesn't occur now. I haven't the slightest idea what I did
to correct the problem. Inpatients got the best of me.
The ProductTypeID in tblProductType is set up as a cbo to select the
Product type forth record. his form is similar to a split form with a
list box on the left side and the editable data on the right.(Including
tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID.
These relationships are used to filter records from a combo box based on
tblProductType.
Here' what happens:
After making a selection in the cbo and running the code from the
AfterUpdate
of the cbo the records get filtered properly but, what appears to be the
Backstyle of
tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID becomes Transparent even though the property is set
to Normal.
The odd thing is this doesn't occur when the BackColor of the Detail Section
of the form
is White, only when the Backcolor of the Detail Section set to a color other
that white.
I hope I've made my self clear?

Any help will be appreciated,
James

0
JamesJ

James, I have this problem also.

A very ordinary combo (bound to a field, RowSource is a lookup table), goes
transparent after I visit it (i.e. tab into and out of it.)

I haven't tried to track down why, but there's no obvious reason. The combo
is in the Detail section, and the section has a blue background.

"JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
> Access 2007.
> This is driving me crazy and I'll have a difficult time explaining, but
> here goes.
> Using a one-top-many between 2 fields:
> tblProductType.ProductTypeID (Left Column)
> tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID (Right Column)
> I have several other relationships with the same results. The odd one out
> is a relationship that I deleted and made several other changes to and
> this anomaly doesn't occur now. I haven't the slightest idea what I did
> to correct the problem. Inpatients got the best of me.
> The ProductTypeID in tblProductType is set up as a cbo to select the
> Product type forth record. his form is similar to a split form with a
> list box on the left side and the editable data on the right.(Including
> tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID.
> These relationships are used to filter records from a combo box based on
> tblProductType.
> Here' what happens:
> After making a selection in the cbo and running the code from the
> AfterUpdate
> of the cbo the records get filtered properly but, what appears to be the
> Backstyle of
> tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID becomes Transparent even though the property is
> set to Normal.
> The odd thing is this doesn't occur when the BackColor of the Detail
> Section of the form
> is White, only when the Backcolor of the Detail Section set to a color
> other that white.
> I hope I've made my self clear?
>
> Any help will be appreciated,
> James

0
Allen
10/6/2007 11:38:12 AM
I'll keep digging.

Thanks much,
James

> James, I have this problem also.
>
> A very ordinary combo (bound to a field, RowSource is a lookup table),
> goes transparent after I visit it (i.e. tab into and out of it.)
>
> I haven't tried to track down why, but there's no obvious reason. The
> combo is in the Detail section, and the section has a blue background.

> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
>> Access 2007.
>> This is driving me crazy and I'll have a difficult time explaining, but
>> here goes.
>> Using a one-top-many between 2 fields:
>> tblProductType.ProductTypeID (Left Column)
>> tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID (Right Column)
>> I have several other relationships with the same results. The odd one out
>> is a relationship that I deleted and made several other changes to and
>> this anomaly doesn't occur now. I haven't the slightest idea what I did
>> to correct the problem. Inpatients got the best of me.
>> The ProductTypeID in tblProductType is set up as a cbo to select the
>> Product type forth record. his form is similar to a split form with a
>> list box on the left side and the editable data on the right.(Including
>> tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID.
>> These relationships are used to filter records from a combo box based on
>> tblProductType.
>> Here' what happens:
>> After making a selection in the cbo and running the code from the
>> AfterUpdate
>> of the cbo the records get filtered properly but, what appears to be the
>> Backstyle of
>> tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID becomes Transparent even though the property is
>> set to Normal.
>> The odd thing is this doesn't occur when the BackColor of the Detail
>> Section of the form
>> is White, only when the Backcolor of the Detail Section set to a color
>> other that white.
>> I hope I've made my self clear?
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated,
>> James

0
JamesJ

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Junk E-mail filter not working at all
Suddenly, all the junk e-mail that would normally go to the Junk E-Mail folder is now just dropping into my Inbox. I mean all the junk e-mail. It's catching nothing. I have it set on Low and it always let some stuff slip through, but now it is just not working at all. I changed it to High and exited Outlook, re-opened Outlook and set it back to Low, exited Outlook and re-opened it and still I get the same behavior. Never seen this one before. Any help would be appreciated. "Russell Campbell" <nospam@123nospam321.com> wrote in message news:%23Ac%23gIoOIHA.458...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

Rule to filter entire domain when some members of the domain are in your contacts
I am having a problem filtering mail from an entire domain. I've tried "where senders address contains" and also put @domain.com as described here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/rules.htm The issue seems to be that if the sender is in my contacts and it recognizes the name it doesn't trigger the filter. Anyone have any work arounds to this? ...

Append current record to table
Hi all, I must have scoured this forum for a day looking for some alternative answer to this question, and googling the issue doesn't seem to help me much either. I have two tables, 'Search Result' and 'For Export'. When a user wants to amend a record in the Search Result form/table, the form's text boxes all unlock for editing. Once this is done, the user has two options - Save Changes or Cancel. I think you'll have caught on by this stage that the 'Cancel' button works. When 'Save Changes' is hit, the button needs to append the curre...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

Duplicate Record when converting lead to account
I get this error when trying to convert a new lead to an account "Microsoft CRM Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists. Please choose a different name and try again." There is no duplicate record, i created test leads and con not convert them. The only thing i did was auto map the fields.\ Please help Dan Buffham ...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

How to filter rows with commom N�'s in any column
Hello, How is it posible to filter the common N� that may appear in an coloumn Examlpe: Coloumn:A B C D E F Row1: 2 6 8 10 15 20 Row2: 1 2 5 16 25 30 Row3: 4 8 12 19 45 48 Row4: 2 4 15 20 25 28 Row5: 6 9 19 29 39 49 Row6: 8 19 25 28 41 45 In this example I want to filter all the rows that have the common N�8 The filtered Result Should be shown as below: Coloumn:A B C D E F Row1: 2 6 8 10 15 20 Row3: 4 8 12 19 45 48 Row6: 8 19 25 28 41 45 Thank You Moti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use an Advanced Filter with criteria: B C D E F G 8...

Hyperlink to Access record/Form
Hi all, I am trying to solve this issue. Office 2007 / Outlook 2007 / Access 2007 From a Access form I have a command button , send email, the DoCmd send object...How do I also create a hyperlink to this specific email, (the CC is one of my mail boxes), in order to be able to store the hyperlink in the access record, click on it and either open the sent email..or the specific email folder it resides.. Thanks! I don't think it's possible without the Outlook object model. You'd need to instantiate Outlook, create and send the email, and capture the MailItem.EntryI...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

Null Field to Interupt Closing
I am using this code to check for blank fields in BeforeUpdate: If NZ(Trim(Me!Date),vbnullstring) = vbnullstring then Msgbox "PLEASE ENTER DATE",,"Missing date" Me!Date.setfocus Cancel = True Exit Sub End if It almost works, except the form goes ahead and closes anyway. The user clicks the close button and the message box pops up if the field is empty, they click OK and instead of keeping the form open and then setting focus on the empty field, it closes the form. How can I get it to interupt the close and keep the form open? Thank you in advance for any...

Problem with after update code in field that disables another field
Hi I want to be able to disable the Non Member field in a record when something is entered in the Member field. Unfortunately, the code I am usng below disables the Non Member field in *all* records, and the database has to be closed and reopened to get round this before data entry can continue. I'd be grateful if someone could show me the correction, Thanks. Private Sub Member_AfterUpdate() If Not IsNull([Member]) Then Me![Non Members].Enabled = False Else Me![Non Members].Enabled = True End If End Sub Sam, You need to put that same code in on the OnCurrent event of the form...

Performance Counters for Connection Filtering.
Hi I have setup connection filtering on my Exchange server 2003 , However I want to ensure that this is working and monitor how many email are bounced because they are on RBL's.etc. Is there a performance counter object that refers to this ? I've looked everywhere and cannot find it ! If not is there any other way to monitor this ? Remove the DontSpamMe from the email address when replying. Thanks in advance, David Capps ...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...