Export from a form

I know there are several ways to programatically export, like
docmd.transferspreadsheet, but I want to export data from a form.  I however
do not want the file button available to my users.  I thought this might work
DoCmd.DoMenuItem , acfilemenu, acExport, , acMenuVer70
but it did not.  Basically all I want to do is have a command button act
like what happens when you click file, export.  I want the user to click the
button, and then select the location and the format to export to.  Am I on
the correct track with the DoMenuItem?

Nevermind, I figured it out.  I guess it helps to keep reading the help
files!!!
This was my solution
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdExport

"Ryan Tisserand" wrote:

> I know there are several ways to programatically export, like
> docmd.transferspreadsheet, but I want to export data from a form.  I however
> do not want the file button available to my users.  I thought this might work
> DoCmd.DoMenuItem , acfilemenu, acExport, , acMenuVer70
> but it did not.  Basically all I want to do is have a command button act
> like what happens when you click file, export.  I want the user to click the
> button, and then select the location and the format to export to.  Am I on
> the correct track with the DoMenuItem?
FYI, DoMenuItem is an outdated method only available for backward compatibiity.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Ryan Tisserand" wrote:

> Nevermind, I figured it out.  I guess it helps to keep reading the help
> files!!!
> This was my solution
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdExport
>
> "Ryan Tisserand" wrote:
>
> > I know there are several ways to programatically export, like
> > docmd.transferspreadsheet, but I want to export data from a form.  I however
> > do not want the file button available to my users.  I thought this might work
> > DoCmd.DoMenuItem , acfilemenu, acExport, , acMenuVer70
> > but it did not.  Basically all I want to do is have a command button act
> > like what happens when you click file, export.  I want the user to click the
> > button, and then select the location and the format to export to.  Am I on
> > the correct track with the DoMenuItem?

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

"combination drop-down edit " form activation in Excel
Hello, how do you activate the "combination drop-down edit" form in the forms toolbar? It is inactive. The "list box" and "combo-box" are both active, but the "combination drop-down edit" form is what would be useful to me. If you can help, please email me at trevan.williams@shell.com Trev These are available only for working with Excel 5.0 creations. From Help on Combo Box Combination list-edit Unavailable in Microsoft Excel workbooks. This control is provided to allow you to work with Excel version 5.0 dialog sheets. Combination drop-down edi...

Export / Import Security

Is Excel the tool of choice for forms?
Hi Everyone, Here's the state of affairs: All our forms are in word and are meant to be printed then filled out. They are a terrible mess, like when they wanted to have somethin appear centered they put in 10 tabs to move it over, and all the style are normal+++++++. (I didn't work here then and yes all their documents are this way too) I am tasked with updating the forms so they can be filled out the either printed and faxed, or saved and emailed. Hence my question, should I remake them in excel or word? Or is there some other super-duper program for forms? Thanks in advance for...

OnCurrent event in continuous form
'I have a subform that is a continuous form. I need to set a date when a drop-down value is changed but I dont want to set the date if the value is changed and then changed back to the original value. So I only want to do the check when I move off of the record in the subform. Is there an OnCurrent event I can use in this case, or is there some other way? You could use the oldvalue property of the control and check to see if the oldvalue = currentvalue. If so set the date otherwise don't. You could do the check in the before update hth -- Maurice Ausum "mscertified"...

How to use drop-downs in a form to filter records?
Let's say I have Product, Size, and Color. Not all products are in all colors, and not all sizes of the products come in all colors. So I would like to drill down - like the action of the AutoFilter in Excel - in a form using drop-down controls. I can use the Product drop-down to select Widget. Widgets only come in small and large, so the Size drop-down will only give me those choices and not include medium and XL. The large widget only comes in red and blue, so I won't see green and black. Can someone give me the "For Dummies" explanation of how to do this? Is there po...

Export item ID?

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

Duplicate button on a form and subform.
Hello! I am trying to duplicate a form and subform details as described in KB 208824. The problem is that my Invoice form is already a subfrom of another main form. As follows: DataEntry From Invoice subform Invoice details subform When the code is run as in the KB article it thinks the last last inv number is within the invoice subform ie "4182". so it tries to append the new record with number 4183. however in the invoice table the last invoice number is actually 5000 and 4183 has already been used so i get the message "cannot update the table due to ...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

#Deleted# records in Form
I've struggled with this before. It's been quite a while since I programmed in Access. When you delete a record from the source of a form, how do you get it to stop showing up as #Deleted#? I've tried Requery.... ?? TIA Ok, Crazy, Here is a function that will delete the current record and make that annoying #Deleted# disappear. If you have a Delete command button on the form, call it like this: DelCurrentRec(Me) I have this function is a Standard Module so I can call it from any form. Public Function DelCurrentRec(ByRef frmSomeForm As Form) Dim rst As Recordset O...

Unhandled Form Exception #2
Hi One of my users is having a problem with Receivables Transaction Entry. When she clicks the Distributions button, she receives the error: Unhandled Form Exception Cannot Open Form: Script Terminated EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING We are using GP 7.5, and there are no form customizations. Any ideas? Thanks, Gary ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

controlling where a form opens up
Is there a way to set where a form opens up. I have an Exit Program button set as popup which a user can use from anywhere in the program to quit. But I would like it to open up after the user logs in and be place in the upper right hand corner. -- TIA On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:20:04 -0800, tsison7 wrote: > Is there a way to set where a form opens up. I have an Exit Program button > set as popup which a user can use from anywhere in the program to quit. But > I would like it to open up after the user logs in and be place in the upper > right hand corner. Look up the Mov...

Form Design/Multi-Level
I have a chemical product DB with the following hierarchical structure: - ProductVendors. Record for each vendor who carries a given Product. - Products MfrID, MfrPN, and Name of each Product that may be ordered. - ProductContainers. Each type and quantity of each Container in a product - Containers. Name, size, and unit of each Container. - ContainerSubstances. Percentage of each Substance in a Container. - Substances. The Name, CAS Registry #s, and Hazard Class of each Substance. Substances may be in more than one Container, a Container may be in more than one Product. W...

Can I export my Publisher document into MS Word?
Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document into MS Word? Hi Matt (matthew_removethis_@mccallister.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document || into MS Word? No you cannot. You can open one instance of Publisher and one instance of Word and copy/paste between the two programs, or do a CTRL+Drag and Drop between the two programs. Some formatting will be lost however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Export
Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. Thanks, Joel I put this question in the wrong place. Sorry "JoelS" wrote: > Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to > a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. > > Thanks, > > Joel ...

rudimentary database form maybe?
Several times a week i have a group of students penning out forms - i then spend the afternoon typing them all into a spreadsheet or a word table which i can use as a rudimentary database I'm looking for a method of using an electronic form for the students to complete directly My problem is that several students will be completing their own form/record/row simultaneously on several different (networked) computers and need these to appear as seperate records/rows I can't use Access since the company don't have it installed - but i don't mind using Word table or Excel s...

Form Auto Loading but can't see where from
I have inherited a pretty straightforward database to look at. It has a form called onload that autoloads on opening the database but there are no macro's, no modules in the database. I tried changing the name from onload but just got an error dialogue telling me what to do if it was called from a macro. Any idea where I look for what is auto loading this form.? Regards. Bill. Perhaps it is defined under: Tools | Startup -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne...