Enable fields based on drop down choice

Background:  we give evaluations on a number of positions, each has 2 stages.
 Those evaluations cover 28 different areas, but the areas tested vary by
position and stage.

In my data-entry form, there is a combo-box for position, a combo-box for
stage, and a text box (for a 1-5) rating for each area.

What I want to do is disable the fields for areas that are unnecessary when
the user selects the position and stage (in 2 separate fields).
-1

Adding a field for county in a table of address info
I want to add a county column in a table with address information. I have a list of towns for each county but I am not sure how to best indicate which county that town is included in. I have a list of 700 or so addresses so I don't have time to just type in county info for each address. You could use a lookup table but, as this seems to be a one-time project, the work making the table might be more than just typing. Remember that once you have a county in your new column you will not need to type its name every time as Excel auto-complete feature should take over. I think I woul...

state field Bank Management
The 'state' field is not currently available for Bank Management when modifying a cheque layout in report writer. Need to be able to pick this field up. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsG...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

User Defined Fields--Employee Maintenance Screen PR & HR
In looking through the table/field descriptions I do not find the additional user defined field names associated with the PR/HR modules. When I tried to run a smartlist and attach the fields they do not appear in the window as available fields/columns. I have modified the labels and need to run reports on those specific user defined fields. Has anyone created such a report? If not, where can I locate the field names? I am a new user to this system and any assistance someone could provide would be helpful. Hi, Since there are several places with user defined fields availab...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

Auto-populate fields based on changing one.
This has probably been ascked and answered before but my searches have turned up blank so here goes... I have an existing database system that requires 3 fields updated in one table (hardware) from another(clients) when creating a new record (ClientName,ClientID,ClientLoc) I have a Combobox so the user can select the ClientName but I am having trouble figuring out how to update the other 2 fields to match. I have tried adding the other 2 colums to the ClientName filed and using a SetValue macro to assign ClientName(2) and ClientName(3) to ClientID and ClientLoc. I can see the other columns ...

How to create a record after filling the fields
Hi I would like to know how to create a record (After filling the fields) without creating a new blank record(newrec). I need to create a record after I fill the fields and when I press ENTER Access needs to give ID for this record .(Whithout creating a new blank record afterwards). Thanks In the event code of the control on the form that you want to cause the record to be saved: Me.Dirty=False HTH -- -Larry- -- "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4e93e98d-d093-4389-996e-df8ddfa974b6@o6g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I would like to kn...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

Unmatched on 1 field where other field is equal
I want to create a query to compare two tables (my insurance premium billing list vs carrier billing list) and return records where the billing amounts are different for the same employee. I think I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be. Both tables have fields SSN and Premium. I want to see where SSN matches, but Premium does not. Can you help? SELECT * FROM Insurance INNER JOIN Carrier ON Insurance.SSN = Carrier.SSN WHERE Insurance.Premium <> Carrier.Premium In the query grid -- add both tables -- drag from SSN to SSN to set up the relationship -- Add the fiel...

CSV and Custom Fields
I have a spreadsheet with a custom field: 000000000000. 12 numbers = a UPC code. However, when I save this as a .CSV file, then field gets converted to scientific notation. How can I setup my excel file so that 1) I have 12 characters (numbers) for a UPC code, and 2) when I save a .csv file the file contains 12 characters (without scientific notation)? You need to treat it as a text field. In a spare column you could have: =3DTEXT(A1,"000000000000") and then fix the values in that column and copy them to over-write the originals. You can ensure that they do...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

How do I change 6 digit field, cols 1 thru 6 to one (1) blank?
How do I change a 6 digit field in columns 1 thru 6 to one (1) blank or null? It's an 80 character record with random 6 digit numbers in the first 6 positions that I need to delete and file is too big to do by hand. Any Ideas? thanks, Bentley Assuming that each record is a separate paragraph, a macro containing the following code will do it: Dim i As Long Dim frange As Range With ActiveDocument For i = 1 To .Paragraphs.Count Set frange = .Paragraphs(i).Range frange.End = frange.Start + 6 frange.Delete Next i End With Or usin...

forms and fields
Hi, I created a form for a survey and sent it out for input. In compiling the returned surveys into one document, I find that the data entered in the fields is treated by Word as a single unit. If I want to edit the center of a paragraph, I need to place the cursor at the end or beginning of the field and then use the arrow keys to get the cursor to the word(s) that need editing. Very slow and inconvenient. Is there a command to get Word to convert/recognize the fields as ungrouped text? I'm running Word X on OS X 10.3.6 TIA --tom ...

Quantity Sold Field (IV00102.QTYSOLD)
We recently ran the Year-end Inventory Routine which set the QTYSOLD field back to zero. The problem is, we ran this routine in March, so the sold quantity for the first 3 months of the year is missing. I queried the IV30300 table to get a sum of all qtys sold for each item since the beginning of the year, so I have these totals and would like to update the QTYSOLD field with these values. Will a simple update accomplish this, and are there any other things I should know before attempting said update? Will the quantities increment properly moving forward? Will running ...

naming .xls file based on a cell in excel
when i hit save as, i would like excel to refer to a certain cell on m spreadsheet to name the spreadsheet file. is there a way to do this -- lsu-i-lik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lsu-i-like's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38210 lsu-i-like Wrote: > when i hit save as, i would like excel to refer to a certain cell on my > spreadsheet to name the spreadsheet file. is there a way to do this? Isu, With a macro, Something li...

Can you Mail-Enable/Disable Users by OU?
I was wondering if there was a way to mail-enable/disable users by OU or group in Exchange 2000? I have one 2000 domain with 800 or so users, but I only want 100 of them to have mailboxes. I know when you install Exchange it asks you which users you want to mail-enable. But I was wondering if there was a way to maintain this after the fact, say by saying everyone in a particular OU has a mailbox. Also, are there any security measure that I should take with regards to securing the Exchange server to the ~700 users who don't have mailboxes and should have any access to the Exchange serve...

contact fields #2
Can I add fields to my contacts in Outlook2003 stored in exchange? I would love to a "county" field that the user can sort the display or search on it. Thanks, Raul Rego Check out the All Fields page of any contact. It has a New button.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jjk" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:uWAxY0BRFHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can I add fields to my contacts in Outl...

Drop-down lists loading
Hi, I have several huge drop-down lists (countries for several forms,applications etc.) to load into the CRM. The only way to do that, I found is manual typing. Any ideas how I can do that in the automatic way? Thanks. You could use the SDK to do it programatically. How long is the list? Problem is by the time you have written the code to do such a job you usually could have typed the data in. "innab" <innab@nur.com> wrote in message news:0ca201c36bcf$1629b420$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have several huge drop-down lists (countries for several > forms,applicat...

RE-Enabled Acconts
OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their access back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had waited 1 hour... What is happening? Carl it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uib71bezGHA....

Macro to Flag based on criteria
Hey All, I'm looking to write a Macro in Outlook 2003 that will flag messages red when they are 29 days old. I would also like to set something up that will delete messages that have a certain color flag when I hit a custom button. Has anyone done antyhing like this before? I'm pretty familiar with Excel VBA, but this is my first attempt in Outlook. Thanks for any help!! How about a search folder for messages older than 29 days? you could also use one for the color delete one - then select all and delete the messages in it. This is safer than using na automated system and doesn...

Smartlist Builder-Calculated field
I am building a smartlist, using hte IV00102 table so I can get Order Policy, replenishment Method, etc. In the table of course it uses numbers to designate, for example the order policy: 1=not planned 2=Lotforlot etc. I would like a calculated field in smartlist builder to change the 1 into 'NotPlanned' and 2 into 'LotforLot' I create a calcualted field: If Orderpolicy=1 then 'NotPLanned' else if Orderpolicy=2 then 'LotForLot' But I get not results, how do I get smartlist builder to have a column (word) instead of a number for older policy? thanks! -...