double-click to new form in Access 2003

An application (which I am not familiar with) was written in Access 2002.
There is a form with a subform where double-clicking on a row is supposed to
go to another form using the information from the selected row in the subform.

The user's Access has been upgraded to Access 2003 and double-clicking now
brings him to an empty form rather than the next form according to the fields
of the selected row.

I have Access 2002.  However on my computer, double-clicking doesn't do
anything.

The Action on On Dbl Clk on the fields in the Details section of the subform
of the main form is OpenForm.

The Load script of the next form just locks fields according to the value of
a field.

1)Why is there no response to double-clicking on my computer?
2)Is there anything in Access 2003 that caused this problem?
3)Should there be a script rather than the automatic opening of the other
form?

Thanks for any help.
Leah

leahf

CORRECTION:
The program was written in ACCESS 2000.
(The user has 2003)

leahf wrote:
>An application (which I am not familiar with) was written in Access 2002.
>There is a form with a subform where double-clicking on a row is supposed to
>go to another form using the information from the selected row in the subform.
>
>The user's Access has been upgraded to Access 2003 and double-clicking now
>brings him to an empty form rather than the next form according to the fields
>of the selected row.
>
>I have Access 2002.  However on my computer, double-clicking doesn't do
>anything.
>
>The Action on On Dbl Clk on the fields in the Details section of the subform
>of the main form is OpenForm.
>
>The Load script of the next form just locks fields according to the value of
>a field.
>
>1)Why is there no response to double-clicking on my computer?
>2)Is there anything in Access 2003 that caused this problem?
>3)Should there be a script rather than the automatic opening of the other
>form?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>Leah

leahf

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

filename.pst could not be accessed because another workstation...
Hello all! I keep getting this error message from different users across multilple domains when trying to access their *.pst files from their machines using outlook. I have tried all kinds of things, yet I cannot resolve this. The problem started happening a couple of weeks ago and is still present. We have tried permissions, registry settings (for file locks), etc. This problem even happens when we create a brand new *.pst file and try to write to it for the very first time after creating. Any Ideas.... Thanks. try creating, closing outlook then opening ? N "OIT" <oit...

New hard drive #2
My hard drive crashed but I was able to make a copy of it. How can I restore Outlook to my new hard drive with a diskcopy of my former drive is available? jwm@mckoil.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My hard drive crashed but I was able to make a copy of > it. How can I restore Outlook to my new hard drive with a > diskcopy of my former drive is available? Locate the PST you were using on the copy of your old HD and drag it to some spot on your new HD. Reinstall Outlook to your new drive. If the installation wizard creates a new profile for you, add the...

NetBank Security Update Killed Money Access?
NetBank recently forced users to change passwords and enter responses to some personalized security questions. Since than signup consist of entering userid/pw followed by a question like the first musical instrument you learned, favorite movie, book ...etc. It's really annoying. Worst of all, Money 2007 can't log in, even though I changed the password in Money. Could this be the stupid extra question? Has anyone else experienced it? Thanks. Almost certainly that is what is the problem. Until the Banks work out how to deliver to Money you could try downloading manually and inpu...

New Columns in Knowledge Base
Can we add new Customize Column in Knowledge base form. "SyedAbdulbasith" <syedsaab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:164E202F-9BD3-4BC0-A649-7910D62FAE05@microsoft.com... > Can we add new Customize Column in Knowledge base form. No -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za ...

Form with multiple "tabs"
Hi I am trying to create a survey in access but would like to separate the form into sections: General, School, Family, Relationships, Needs. Instead of creating 1 single form, what I would like to have are "tabs" for each section. How would I go about and create this? This is very simple. Just pick the 'Tab' control on the toolbar and click on your form to make an instance of the tab control there. It starts with two tabs, but you can right-click on the control and select 'Add page' as many times as you need pages. Other controls are picked fr...

clicker that advances one number per click in a cell
Hi, I'm new to the newsgroup. I hope that someone can help me with a small challenge. After reading the through the help sections, I just can't figure it out. How can I add a "clicker", where every time that I click on a button on a sheet, a cell advances 1 number? My gut feeling is that this is not a simple usage of a formula, but, then maybe there is one? Please help. Thanks for your help. Rayco See reply in .Misc Biff "Rayco" <raycotf@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bc16d$42f59851$d85678fd$6680@PRIMUS.CA... > Hi, > > I'm new to...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

Why don't my MS Access Charts Take?
I have created a query, and a blank report. I add a chart, and select the query as data source, using six fields and fill out the rest. BUT, when I go to look at my graph, it DOESN'T pick up the data. I only goes back to showing the 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter, default data! (and not my own...) Any tips? On Feb 26, 10:56=A0am, Zoomiest <zoomi...@gmail.com> wrote: > it DOESN'T pick up the data... > Any tips? I found my own problem... My Query had parameter values it was pulling off of the Form (combo boxes). I needed to remove them before I ...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Error message on closing Access
I have a database with a back end file on a server and a front end file on each of 8 desktops. On 7 of the desktops everything works fine, but on one of them the application will close and compact and just before Access itself closes we get an error message that says can't find the field "Description" None of my tables have a field description and this message doesn't appear on the other 7 machines. Anyone any idea where I can start looking for the problem? Thanks Tony Forgot to mention all machines use the same version of Access on the server. Tony "Tony Willi...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

Mail Merge with Access Report (with grouping levels)
Hi, I have two tables in Access 2003 with a one-to-many relationship, in an access report the grouping works, how do I make this work in a Word 2003 mail merge? The following are not my tables but an example of what I am trying to achieve, where the relationship is 1 to many from Orders to OrderItems: Table 1 - Orders OrderID Date SalesPerson Table 2 - OrderItems ItemID Description QTY Value *OrderID On the 1 Page word document I want to print display as follows This is your <Order ID> on <Date>. Your Salesperson was <Salesperson>. Here is a list of your Items: <...

new router causes outlook to not send/receive
I installed a new dlink rounter and since then Outlook 2007 will not receive on my main Live email account. I've tried reinstalling Outlook, repairing it, repairing connector, reinstalling connector, checking the password. I'm able to send from this account but not receive. My other live accounts work. Any ideas? On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:46:03 -0700, lbimler <lbimler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I installed a new dlink rounter and since then Outlook 2007 will not receive >on my main Live email account. I've tried reinstalling Outlook, repairing ...

How do I use Access 97 on a PC which has Access 2003, windows XP
I have a library of books catalogued o n Access 97 on a software prog using 97. I now have a new PC with XP and Access 2003 and cannot access programme or dat e though it is saved on PC. What do you mean that by "cannot access programme". How are you trying to use it? Just for the record, I have both Access 97 and Access 2003 installed on my Windows XP machine, and have no issues using both, even concurrently. A "problem" is that the file association for .MDB (and .MDE) files will be reset each time you use Access so that the most recently used version is what wil...

Forms in two differant views

New hotfix for event error
A number of users have reported this error in their CRM application event logs where it says cannot clean up activitybase table. Microsoft now has a hot fix for this issue as per this article TechKnowledge Microsoft CRM Deletion Service Failure Error "Cannot Clean Up ActivityBase Table" in the Application Event Log on the Microsoft CRM Server Return to previous page Document ID: 30380 Date Created: 4/24/2003 Date Last Modified: 12/8/2003 3:56:45 PM Language: English - United States C...

New entries are not permanent
My wife and I each have Microsoft Money 2001(Mine is on a PC with Windows Millenium, hers is on a laptop with Windows 2000). Mine works fine, but hers does not keep the current entries. Instead each time Money is opened, we must restore from the backup file to bring it up to date. I suggest you figure out where the file is really stored and what's stepping on it. Money uses a database similar to Access. Changes are written to disk immediately. Something else must be going on here. "Richard Shaw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1933001c44cd4...

new mail icon reappears
This happens all the time. I'll read my new emails and the new mail icon in the system tray will go away. Then five mintues (or so) later, it will reappear even though I have no new mail. It might be coincident with the program checking the server for new mail, but I'm not sure. Anyone seen this problem? Thanks ...

error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or
I have a SQL Server 2005 database server that using a large amount of memory which created the error listed below. Error Message: SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or connection. Check the SQL Server error log and the Windows event logs for information about possible related problems. Please help me resolve this error listed above. Thanks, "Joe K." <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73454DF-A093-4ADB-9A21-D98CB7789946@microsoft.com... > > I have a SQL Server 2005 database s...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

Access not enforcing referential integrity!!!
Howdy. Using Acc 2007. Have two tables related one-to-many. Ref. integrity being enforced, without any cascading updates or deletes. Data in both tables. Problem: I can add new records to the many-side table, without any value for the foreign key, and the new record is created without error or prompt from Access. I can do this both in the child table directly, and using a form/subform. On the other hand, if I create a new child record and enter a FK value that doesn't exist in the parent table, I get a message saying that a related record in the parent table is require...

Exvchange 2003 upgrade from STD to ENT
I am using Windows 2003 Enterprise OS SPK1 with Exchange 2003 STD Service Pack 2. I searched the web and talked to a couple Exchange Admins who said it is just click and go when upgrading from Exchange 2003 Standard to Exchange 2003 Enetrprise version. I tried to upgrade to the Enterprise version but there is no BUTTON to upgrade or REINSTALL. I would upgrade to Exchange 2007 but do not have a 64bit hardware at the present time. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. On 10 Mar 2007 05:00:37 -0800, kimsmith7752@gmail.com wrote: >I am using Windows 2003 Enterprise OS SPK1 with Exchange 20...

Saving Tasks in Outlook 2003
when trying to save changes or a new task I get this error: "Please save the task order by clicking Save Tasks Order on the Actions menu in the "Tasks" folder. The view must not be filtered or grouped for Save Task order to be available. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' This is a clean install of Office 2003 and I cannot find any information to guide me. Help!! ...