Double Click To Calculate

I have a field where I sometimes need to manually enter an amount but
sometimes I need it to calculate an amount based on 2 other fields.  I
know this is not normalized data but this is how we need to run this
particular field.

I would like to setup the field to allow me to manually enter data
most of the time, but then calculate when I double click.  The
calculation would be [totalpartsCost]/0.8.  I just don't know how to
create the code it in the event procedure.

0
serviceenvoy

In the double click event of the textbox, add the code:
me.[yourtextboxname]= [totalpartsCost]/0.8
This assumes totalpartscost is a text field on your form.
to check for nulls, you might amend the above to:
me.[yourtextboxname]= nz([totalpartsCost]/.8,0)

Damon

<serviceenvoy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a field where I sometimes need to manually enter an amount but
> sometimes I need it to calculate an amount based on 2 other fields.  I
> know this is not normalized data but this is how we need to run this
> particular field.
>
> I would like to setup the field to allow me to manually enter data
> most of the time, but then calculate when I double click.  The
> calculation would be [totalpartsCost]/0.8.  I just don't know how to
> create the code it in the event procedure.

0
Damon

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

clicker that advances one number per click in a cell
Hi, I'm new to the newsgroup. I hope that someone can help me with a small challenge. After reading the through the help sections, I just can't figure it out. How can I add a "clicker", where every time that I click on a button on a sheet, a cell advances 1 number? My gut feeling is that this is not a simple usage of a formula, but, then maybe there is one? Please help. Thanks for your help. Rayco See reply in .Misc Biff "Rayco" <raycotf@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bc16d$42f59851$d85678fd$6680@PRIMUS.CA... > Hi, > > I'm new to...

Calculate Average Returns Based on Dates?
I’m using the below SQL, which works perfectly well. I’m trying to figure out a way to add in a little calculation for mutual fund returns for 1-month, 3-months, 6-months, and 12-months. I am thinking I would need to prompt the user for a date, and then do the calculations based on that. It wouldn’t necessarily be today’s date, but a date the user chooses, minus 21-days (assuming 21 days in a trading month), 63-days, 125-days, and 250-days (assuming there are 260-days in a trading year, minus 9 holidays). How can I incorporate this logic into my current query? I originally ...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Calculating a highlighted range
Are there any utilities that enable me to calculate a highlighted range of cells on my spreadsheet? My sheet is pretty complicated, and I don't need to recalculate the entire workbook each time for certain tasks. Thanks, Schiz You could have a very simple macro tied to a button Public Sub CalculateRange() Selection.Calculate End Sub -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Schizoid Man" <schiz@sf.com> wrote in message news:fro0g8$g5s$1@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu... > Are there any utilities that enabl...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

CPY payroll advance reclaims to calculate on any net pay balance
Canadian payroll advance reclaims are validating on the taxable income amount and should validate on the total income amount instead. As a result, reclaims are not automatically included if the income codes used on subsequent pay runs are not taxable. This results in the net pay being higher than it should be and advance reclaims remain outstanding. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

How to calculate of % in Pivto table?
HI ALL, Could you please provide the details on how to calculate % throu Pivot Table? I Have an excel-sheet that contains a columns as Priority (High, Low, Medium). Using Pivot table, I added the column Priority in Colunmn Area and Data area. It is showing as numbers. I wanted to have a separate column that shows the % of a grand-total (as a separate column). How to do it? Thanks, ManInRed I don't know that you can display it as a separate *column*, but it can be displayed as a separate *row*... Drag the Priority field from the Pivot Table toolbar to the Data Area for a sec...

Calculations on Option Group
What I'm trying to do seems like it should be easy, but I've been banging my head against the wall for 2 days now and still can't figure it out. I have an option group with 6 selections, stored as 1-6. I want to run a summary function on these within date parameters and display a separate count for each of the 6 options. I've tried executing this with a SQL query, a nested subquery, using an Iif statement on a calcuated control in the form. Nothing has worked yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help will be greatly appreciated. You can run a sql query t...

Use calculated cell as part of range reference
I have the following - Sheets("Search Rounds").Range("H8:AD10000").ClearContents which does the job but runs very slowly. I have in cell H6 the following - =COUNTA(H8:H10000) How can I incorporate the value from H6 into ("H8:AD10000") to give the actual populated range that I want to clear? I understand there is also a way using End(xlup) - I think!? - and if so which would be faster to process? Thanks Sandy Why not use a defined name? Insert>name>define>name it myrng>in the refers to box type =OFFSET($H$7,1,0,COUNTA($H:$H)-7,23) Now the r...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...

To get the CSliderCtrl to move the just place where user clicked.
I am using CSliderCtrl and there is one thing I want. I want the button to get to the place where the user clicked. In default way, it moves to right or left with page size. So, I tried to calculate the position where the user clicked from the slider's channel rect and mouse position and set the position with SetPos. But there are two problems. (1)The button moves two times when user clicked it every single time. (2)The channel rect is larger than the area where the button is able to move.So I can not calculate the exact position. Any ideas? Thanks!! ...

IF calculation 11-20-09
I need a formula that will only give a result if there is data entered in all cells used in that formula,eg if a=b-c,& b=20,c=10,then a=10,but if b=20 and c=blank,then I want a=0.I only want a result in "a" if both "b" and "c" have data entered in them."c" will mostly not have any data entered for some time after "b" does,and I want no amount to appear in "a" until "c" has an amount entered into it. eg if b=0(or blank),c=10,then a=0(not -10),if b=20,c=10,a=10 I am using excel 2003 thanks for any help I can...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...

Why does one have to click on the cmd button twice
PPT 2003 on Vista .. I have two CMD buttons that I click on one to display new numbers and the second to show the correct answer. I have to click on the second buttoon twice. I don't why becasue on slides from previous files it takes one click to display the data. I tried to match the properties thinking it is a focus issue, but all the properties seem to be the same. I can post the code if it is important. Thanks ... Phil Yes, the code you are using will be helpful. Also, check to see if there is an entrance animation added to the shape you show for the correct ans...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

Investment Portfolio Return Calculation
Hi, I can't seem to figure out how to get Money '03 to report Annual Returns on an Investment "Account" rather than the Investment Account "Holdings". For instance, I would like to track how much money I've put into an account verses how much it's worth regardless of whether I've sold shares at a loss and reinvested the money into something that subsequently returns a gain. I can accept that in a taxable account, you forfeit the loss because you can claim a capital loss on your taxes, but in a tax deffered account, shouldn't you be able to...

Double calendar entries
Hello - We are using Outlook 2003. When I get meeting requests - if I accept the request, I get double entries on my calendar. If I decline, I am left with one entry with it saying "You have not responded to this request" but it's still on my calendar... Any help? Thanks Doug ...

double double-click
Hi everyone. Recenlty upgraded all workstations at a client site from Office 2003 to 2007. Some users report that a shortcut to a spreadsheet on their desktop for example requires 2 double-clicks to open. The first double click opens Excel, the second double click opens the spreadsheet in Excel. Very odd. I have checked file associations and all seems OK. Has anyone come across this before or have a solution? TIA Andrew Try activating one on the Excel add-ins, Solver for instance. Andrew Zenz wrote: > Hi everyone. > > Recenlty upgraded all...

Double Filtering in Excel 2007
Greetings. I am using Excel 2007, and I have a question about filtering in Excel 2007, but I can't find an answer in the help file. If in Col. B I filter a certain cell in a row I get a very handy list. If I then (maintaining the same filter) filter another cell in a row in Col. C I get another handy list (smaller than the first filtered list, of course). Let's say I want to switch back to the first filter, kind of backtracking. I found that when I release the second (sub-)filter, both filters are removed (the same thing happens in Access). Is there an easy way to backtrack...

Double Buffering in Dialogs
I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while resizing. Does any one know how to do this. Any code will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Wasif Ali Wasif Ali wrote: > I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while > resizing. > Does any one know how to do this. > Any code will be appreciated. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wasif Ali What's in the dialog that makes it flicker? The dialog has an ActiveX control and the ActiveX control has many Botmap Buttons on it. Wasif Ali "Minus" <pakosan@ya...