docmd.close

I have an autoExec to call my function and verify user log in information to
let user ue or close the application.

I use docmd.close which only support database object like tables, forms,
reports..etc.

The MS Access stil open and run the main form.

Is it possible to close the MS Access before open and load the main form use
any other function?

Your information is great appreciated,

Souris,
> Is it possible to close the MS Access before open and load the main form
> use
> any other function?
    Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by that statement... but...
        DoCmd.Close
works on database objects like, forms, reports, etc.. (as you say)
        DoCmd.Quit
would close out Access completely
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an autoExec to call my function and verify user log in information
> let user ue or close the application.
>
> I use docmd.close which only support database object like tables, forms,
> reports..etc.
>
> The MS Access stil open and run the main form.
>
> Is it possible to close the MS Access before open and load the main form
> use
> any other function?
>
> Your information is great appreciated,

0
Al

Closed Account
i changed status on one of my account to close, but when i click on banking, it still shows up but greyed out. is there anyways to remove it from the view? In microsoft.public.money, w0rm3y wrote: >i changed status on one of my account to close, but when i click on banking, >it still shows up but greyed out. is there anyways to remove it from the >view? From the account list, SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, w0rm3y wrote: > > >i changed status on one of my account to close, but when i cli...

How convert Docmd.Domenuitem
I'm converting a 97 db to 2000. A form has a button that executes a Docmd.Domenuitem command. This is supposed to invoke Find and Replace. It does, but the subject is grayed out. I need the find to be based on the control where the cursor was when the button was pressed. Any ideas? Access help in 2000 does not even mention this command neither does my Access book. Maybe you need to do Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFind or DoCmd.FindRecord On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:43:03 -0700, "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote: >I'm converti...

Problem with a closed account
I have been using MS Money 2004 for the past couple of years, mostly as a glorifed check register, but also the debt reduction planner feature. Starting with this new year I've decieded that I want to set up a budget in Money and have been trying to do so this morning but I'm having a problem with an auto loan that I paid off four months early this past month. The problem is that even though this loan is paid off, with a zero balance, and has been "closed", the original scheduled payment of $475 still shows in the monthly debt reduction portion of the budget that Money sets...

Is it true about DoCmd.SendObject
That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:u91TwlG3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client? > > -- > Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob > MS Access 2007 accdb > Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 > > It's true if your default Mail client is Outlook :~) ...

Help with "Form DoCmd.Open and DoCmd.Close
The following two lines of code is not operating correctly. Private Sub cmdChangeVendor1_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "Invoice by Market Reviewer" DoCmd.OpenForm "Selections Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal End Sub When I click on the cmdChangeVendor1 button, I expect the form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" to close and the form "Selections Vendor and Reviewer" to open. But that is not the result I get. The form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" closes but that is about it. Nothing else opens. I have two forms that behaves this way. I have ...

Trying to close modal dialog when app is closed
I've tried and read all kind of things and still have this question: How can I close a modal dialog box if someone clicks on the main window's Close button? How can a user click on the main window's close button if a modal dialog is open? Do you mean modeless? --- Ajay "SteveR" <maxsrussellatremovethisembarqmail.com> wrote in message news:OESvrr2lIHA.5084@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I've tried and read all kind of things and still have this question: How > can I close a modal dialog box if someone clicks on the main window's > Close butt...

Publisher closes
I've been using Publisher 2000 with Windows XP Home for almost a year, without any problems. Suddenly, within the last 2 months, everytime I open Publisher, then close the wizard without creating a document, I get an error message that closes the program. The only way I can create new Publisher documents is by opening an existing one, and re-saving. I also cannot start a new document after opening an existing one, Publisher closes at this point, as well. I think this has to do with some sort of Windows update I've received, but I can't figure it out. I've downlo...

closing a partial PO
I have a purchase order with several items that were backordered and, as it turns out, will not be sent after all. My problem is this, how do I close out/commit the partial order without receiving anything? delete the items you will not be receiving, or change the quantity to the quantity received. "coupleofdogs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:320f01c47e7a$f462ebd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a purchase order with several items that were > backordered and, as it turns out, will not be sent after > all. My problem is this, how do I c...

When I close a form with DoCmd.Close I get a parameter popup
This is a repost. I will try to explain the problem a little better than I did the last time. When I execute DoCmd.Close on one of my forms I get one of those little unknown parameter popups, the kind you get when there's something wrong with your query. But all I'm trying to do is close the form, not read any data. This popup appears to be gernerated by the row source query in a list box on the form. This row source query references another text box on the form and this appears to be what the popup is asking for. But there's a value in this text box. And why should th...

Personal Folder not closing properly
I continually get the message "The data file 'Personal Folders" was not closed properly." even when I know that I actually have closed things properly. Does anyone kno what causes this? The only time that I have seen this is during the beta's of Office and it never failed that Outlook was still resident in memory during logoff. Try looking for 3rd party programs (activesync, winfax, icq, microsoft word, ..etc) that is holding a reference to outlook. "Bryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:032701c4245b$eb4de0f0$a401280a@ph...

Outlook will not close correctly
I have a computer set up with multiple e-mail accounts. When a user sends a message and then clicks the "x" to close Outlook, everything appears fine. When another user opens Outlook, it opens into the previously logged on users e-mail. I've re-installed Outlook and re-created the user accounts. Any Ideas?? ...

docmd.runcmd SQL functions
I have a table with fields a,b,c,d. If I have a row (x) where x.d is blank, I want to search the table and see if there is a row (y) such that x.c=y.c and x.b=y.b and if y.d is not blank, then I want x.d to be filled in with y.d. I can't seem to figure out how to start this. Thanks Carl Frankly, you don't want to do this. You have an un-normalized data model and you are storing redundant data. If b and c determine d, then that should be stored *once* a record in its own table. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want ans...

missing close box in excel 2000
On the top of the screen in Excel there is usually a minimize, a maximize, and a close box. These are all missing. How can I restore them? As far as I know nothing was done to remove them, they just went away. The computer is running Win98SE -- dmtech ...

assertion failed during closing application
Hello I got strange error when I try close my application. Debug Assertion Failed.... in file.... cmdtarg.cpp line 43 Code in this file is: #ifndef _AFX_NO_OLE_SUPPORT if (m_xDispatch.m_vtbl != 0) ((COleDispatchImpl*)&m_xDispatch)->Disconnect(); ASSERT(m_dwRef <= 1); //line 43 What does it mean ? Earlier all worked good... I changed accidentally something in code or in controls and this error doesn't allow me close the application. I can't find mistake... On 19 Apr 2007 15:39:39 -0700, Mammoth <cactusek@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello >I got strange error when ...

DoCmd.FindRecord Error
My code has a function to find a record. The function is called by 2 separate search forms, each of which generates SQL for a query that builds a table of record keys of all qualifying recs. When there is only 1 qualifying rec, the function is called to open the primary form (Member Data) to the qualifying rec. The function uses the rec in the new results table ( a long int ) as the argument for the FindRecord. When called by 1 of the forms, it works properly. When called by the second form it fails on the DoCms.FindRecord line with Runtime error 2162: "A macro set to 1 of th...

Close any form
Hi. I want to create a macro that closes ANY form opened when I open a new one. Is it possible? Thank you in advance. The Forms collection only contains open forms, so you could loop through it, closing everything except the current form. Dim intLoop As Integer For intLoop = (Forms.Count - 1) To 0 Step -1 If Forms(intLoop).Name <> "NameOfCurrentForm" Then DoCmd.Close acForm, Forms(intLoop).Name, acSaveNo End If Next intLoop The reason for looping from the end to the front is that if you went from 0 to the end, when you deleted Forms(0), the previous Form...

Auto closing UserForm
Hi JLGWhiz had been helping me with this, but I took a few days off before I got back to this. The code below is what he suggested, but while the UserForm triggers, it does not disappear after 5 seconds (or any length of time). Any suggestions out there? Sub test() UserForm1.Show Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("00:00:05")) Unload UserForm1 End Sub See http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-splash-screen.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ordnance1" <ordnance1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE30FA14-CF76...

mail merge-word file automatically closing
Hi, I am Trying to do mail merge between word and excel. I have opened the word file and it ask for the data source and I have given the excel file, When it selected the excel file as data source the Word file automatically closing Please help me Regards, Vishu Is there perhaps some code in the Excel file that could be closing Word? Does it happen when you create a brand new test data source? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "vishu" <vishu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35872CE2-03A3-4D7D-A897-778FD3C78AAF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ...

DoCmd.OpenReport
Can someone please help me get the " and ' right for this? (PARTNUMBER is a text field). I just can't get it...argh! DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[PARTNUMBER] =" ' "& Me.PARTNUMBER" ' " DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[PARTNUMBER] =""" & Me.PARTNUMBER & """" -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Gina K" wrote: > Can someone please help me get the " and ' right for this? (PARTNUMBER is a > text field). I just can't get it...argh! >...

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8
Hello, I have vba that will import the data from Excel file. Is it possible to append the data from excel file to a table in Access in such a way that excel file does not have a field's name? When I run this transferspreadsheet command, it comes in as F1, F2,..... thanks, On Mar 3, 3:08=A0pm, "Boon" <boonyawat.la-ongth...@cnh.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have vba that will import the data from Excel file. Is it possible to > append the data from excel file to a table in Access in such a way that > excel file does not have a field's n...

GP10.0 begins to start and then closes
On some of the client installs of 10.0, users can get to the login screen but after selecting a company and clicking OK GP starts to open the company and then abruptly closes without any warning. Any ideas? On thing you may want to check is that the same products are loaded at each client. You can compare the Dynamics.Set files. Have you checked the Event Viewer to see if any errors appear there? Are there any Add-Ins that could potentially be causing an issue? -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead WennSoft Inc. The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of We...

If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx
I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also. If there anyway I can get it back? I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;( Thx for any help! If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available. However, if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is gone. System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does not save user data; it is a...

record still not updated until close the form or run report
I have a cmdStart button in frmWorkshop. When click, it opens another form frmSignIn On load event of frmSignIn, I make frmWorkshop visible = false Below is cmdSignIn on form frmSignIn. It seems the line Forms!frmWorkshop.[WS]=1 always in the memory instead of update the record. Me.Dirty=False does not help. I have to either close frmWorkshop, or run other report be fore the update to show up. Where did I do wrong? Private Sub cmdSignIn_Click() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = Forms!frmWorkshop.RecordsetClone If Me.intEN <> "" Then rst.FindFirst &quo...

Is this forum closeing ?????????
OK - I know it against the rules - so ths may be deleted. But ......I have decided to bump this post up the list onto the General Questions page ____________________________________ Following a post from somone at Microsoft (see below), just wondering. Will this forum still be here ina few months, next year, 2015, etc This is the post Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market tre...

Oppertunity close what about activities ?
When an oppertunity is closed and there are open activities created by a sales process, is it possible to get these closed/deleted automatically ? Jack I think if you want to delete activities upon deletion of opportunity then you can do that like this : If you edit the customization for an Opportunity entity, in the Relationship section -> Edit the Opportunity and Activity relationship. There you can set "Cascade all" for Delete. But if it has to be done when Opportunity is closed then I guess you need to write callout code to close/delete all activities associated to ...