dissapearing text

I'm puzzled by something that I'm sure will be obvious to others.

I have a form (frmTask) with a textbox (txtTitle) having control source...
=Forms!frmMainMenu!txtTitle

Really, I'm just stealing the title from another open form.   when it first
opens, frmTask has no records, just a set of comboboxes used to produce
records.

Here's my problem.  When frmTask first opens, txtTitle is blank. Only when I
start to use the cbo's and records start appearing does the Title appear.  By
stepping through code, I've noticed that the Title doesn't appear until
frmTask's Form_Current fires.  How can I get it to appear as soon as the
frmTask opens?  (I've tried Me!txtTitle.requery in the form's Open event to
no avail)

Thanks
--
cinnie

Move your code from the control source to the Form_Load event for frmTask

Private Sub Form_Load()
  Me.txtTitle = Forms!frmMainMenu!txtTitle
End Sub

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/2/2008 11:51:22 PM
Thanks Linq - that works great!

As a learner, is there a reason why putting '= Forms!frmMainMenu!txtTitle'
in the textbox's Control Source doesn't work?

Have a happy new year
--
cinnie

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Move your code from the control source to the Form_Load event for frmTask
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>   Me.txtTitle = Forms!frmMainMenu!txtTitle
> End Sub
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

editing text in Word
Need help with figuring out memory problem. When trying to edit text in Word (class assignment), windows tells me it's low on memory, even with all programs closed. AFter reading the knowledge base, I tried to change the custom paging file, but I don't understand it. What should I enter in the maximum page file size? Valerie, I posted a response to this above, under the heading "Low on Memory." Sibyl On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:42:01 -0700, "Valerie" <valerie@nsatel.net> wrote: >Need help with figuring out memory problem. When trying >to edit text i...

option to change keyboard language has dissapeared!
it used to be at the bottom right corner and it said EN. I want to put the keyboard to french. help! Re: option to change keyboard language has dissapeared! This is a feature of windows (not powerpoint) but ... Something along the lines of control panel > regional and language > languages > details > language bar > in their is the setting you want to turn the "en" bit back on cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "matt...

Text Box on a graph
I have read several questions and answers on this subject but I cannot get them to work. I have Excel 2003. What I want to do is to place a text box on the graph where it equals a cell outside the graph and changes accordingly. The posts I have read say to select the graph first. However, when I select the graph the text box option is grayed out and not available. I can get the text box to display the data I want, just not on the graph itself. Any help would be appreciated. -- M. Shipp Select the chart, click in the formula bar, press =, then click on the cell with your mouse and pres...

Convert all messages to plain text
Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the Internet to plain text? I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain text. I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 SP1. Thanks On Thu, 4 May 2006 07:39:02 -0700, Jonathan <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the >Internet to plain text? > >I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain >text. > >I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 S...

text to speech
I'm evaluating switching from Eudora to Outlook. One of things I use in Eudora is the ability to set up filter to "speak" (using MS Text To Speech) configurable parts of the incoming message to me (e.g. if an email is for me, I can configure it to speak out the sender and the subject). I haven't found a similar action in Outlook rules. Is there a way to accomplish what I want? Thanks ...

text of cell needs to be text of another + more text
I want the text of cell n1 to be b1 + a string, or empty if b1 is empty. I currently have =IF(B1<>"",B1,"") which gives me the text if not empty, but how do I add my string of text? =if(isblank(b1),"",b1&"mystringhere") I recognize your name. :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com <keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1128009538.599555.267200@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want the text of cell n1 to be b1 + a string, or empty if b1 is > empty. > I currently have > > =IF(B1<>"",B1,...

Mottled Text in GIF Image
I'm trying to put a GIF image into my signature page. The image is a Static GIF Image that consists of a graphic and some text. When I go to write the email it appears correctly, however when I send the email the text portion is mottled. I am sending the email to myself and this still occurrs so it is the same monitor, computer, software etc. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this. Should I covert this image to a jpg or some other format? Thanks in advance ...

Rich text internal, Plain text incoming external
Any suggestions on how to accomplish the following goal and systems Server: Exchange Server 200 Workstations: Outlook 200 Internal email communcation: Rich text primary, plain text secondary, no HTML for messages sent or receive External email communcation (incoming): Plain text primary, no Rich text, no HTM Thank you. ...

.LSP text files
In Windows 98, I could search within "all files" and AUTOLISP files would be included in a search for text content in a folder. But now, in Windows XP pro, it will only look for text content within TXT files. So why not LSP? -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Oops. Sorry. Wrong group Please delete/ignore thread. "Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office" <bdeshawn@nospam.net> wrote in message news:O%23QEdrJWEHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Windows 98, I could search within &...

Use Plain Text as default format
I am using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000. I cannot find a way to make a new mail message default to Plain Text format. Instead, a new message always starts out as Rich Text. And another issue, HTML format is not one of the options under the "Format" menu pull-down. Why? Can someone assist? Thanks. tools, options, mail format doesn't give plain text as an option? on the html one - are you in the message form's format menu or Outlook's tools options? The message form only shows plain text as an option - until you switch to plain text, then HTML is an option. -- ...

Compare string, wildcard, text/cell formatting
Hi. 1) I would like to compare the following: If the string satisfies the following conditions, it returns true: - start with some letters (eg for "no-", strings like "no", "not", "none" satisfies so) - have some letters in the mid (eg for "-ppl-", strings like "apple" satisfies so) - end with some letters 2) It would be great if wildcards (eg ?, *, + etc.) can be used in the above functions. If possible, how? 3) How to set it that if the string satisfies condtion stated in (1), some ""text"" AND ""cel...

Text Alignment in Excel Cells
I am working with a spreadsheet containing numbers of varying values (i.e., 100, 1100, 11000, 0.1, etc.). I am trying to find out if there is a way to BOTH center AND right justify numbers within columns of cells so that they align by the last digit on the right. Obviously, just pressing center, left or right justify won't do it. Help would be appreciated. Hi Eduardo, See the table in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#cellformat 0.????_);(0.????);0.????;@ [align on decimal point] --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed N...

Missing text
I copied a paragraph from Word and used Paste Special to paste it to an Excel document. I selected TEXT from the options in the Paste Special dialog box. Now I can see only part of the text, but when I hit F2 to edit it shows all of text. I have expanded my row to allow for the size of the paragraph. The only formatting I have done is to wrap text and merged cells to allow for the size of the test. I have also expanded my row to allow for the size of the text. Any thoughts as to why I see all the text when I hit F2, but only part of the text when viewing it. You c...

WorkSheetFunction.Text() Method
Hi, Is it possible for any one to explain the other methods available with Cells(row,col), and where I can find them in MSDN. I am using the following Code. ********************************************************** CellValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.Text(Cells (RowNdx, ColNdx).Value, Cells(RowNdx, ColNdx).NumberFormat) ********************************************************** Thanks Mili. Try taking a look at Range in VBA's help. You'll see the methods and properties listed there. And just for your example, you could use: CellValue = cells(rowndx,colndx).text ...

Formula argument based on text
Hi All, I have cells (A1:A10) populated with text ("Pass" or "Fail"). In cell (A11) I want to have a formula that returns the text: "pass" if all the cells (A1:A10) contain the text "pass" "fail" if any one of the cells (A1:A10) contains the text "fail". How would I write the formula to achieve this? Regards gregork In A11 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Fail")>0,"Fail","Pass") HTH "gregork" <gregork@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:0RXSb.19911$ws.2664893@news02.tsnz.net... > ...

Auto save as text and close in code?
Upon opening C:\Download\PBDB\CMDM.xls, I need to automatically save it as a ..txt file in the same folder, and then close it. Can someone help me with the code I'd need for that? Thanks!! -- GD Assuming workbook is a single worksheet (you can't save multiple sheets in a text file) Open the VBA editor, go to the ThisWorkbook module, and paste this in. Do note that this arrangement could be very annoying to anyone trying to open the workbook for editing. Private Sub Workbook_Open() ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\Download\PBDB\CMDM.txt", FileFormat:= _ ...

Dissapearing Image
I have a "Micrcosoft Office Document Imaging File" picture in one of my Publisher files that will not appear on the screen or print. I can see the image when I do print preview, but whe I tell it to print, it will not print. I can also pull the image into Word and Excel and it is there, but you can't see or print it. I pulled it into Print Artist then copied it into Publisher and I could see it, but it looked terrible and wouldn't print properly. I have used this file for about six months with no problem, then all of the sudden I can't see the image. This seems so ...

Problem creating full text index
I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or private store. When I try to creat the index I get the error; The directory name is invalid. Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 8007010b Exchange system Manager This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores. The directory does exist. I have looked over the permissions and tried to compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious differences. Any ideas? Did you follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us Nue "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHu...

Can you Change Certain Word Text Color in Concatenated Text Box?
Good Morning, Thanks in advance for any help. Using Access 2003 and I am by no means a code wizard. I have a report that contains a text box. In the text box I would like to change the color of a concatenated field (i.e. the field name "Person"). Is this possible? This is my current statement: ="Total for " & ([Person]) & "= " & Format(Sum([Total_Amount]),"Currency") Results in: "Total for Smith = $1.00" I would like "Smith" only to be something different. -- Swim Dad "Swim Dad" <Swi...

Plotting XY with X text values? Credit ratings and their ROE values
Hi, I've got 100 companies with their associated credit ratings and ROE% for that year. I'd like to make bins and plot on the y axis the ROE for that particular rating. Any suggestions? ...

Filtering text paragraphs
I am trying to create a form where if a bullet point or item 'f' in the list is selected an extra paragraph of text appears or it isn't it doesn't. Is there anyway of doing this? even if using pull down - the amount of text is over the pull down field limit. thanks in advance ...

Improvements for text finding functions
1. The functions SEARCH(), SEARCHB(), FIND() and FINDB() return a #value error if they didn't find the "find_text" string within the "within_text" string. This forces the user to use long formulas such as =IF(ISERROR(SEARCH(A1, A2)), 0, SEARCH(A1, A2)) in order to avoid errors. Since in case of success, these functions return the serial number of the first matching character, starting from 1, I suggest that these functions return either 0 or -1 if they can't find that text. 2. I suggest to add functions that count the number of times that one text exists with...

Create and Insert a text Macro
I use Outlook 2003. I frequently send repetitive responses to e-mails. I have tried to automate the process by creating a macro with the text of the response, but I am making some mistakes, because the macro has various errors and will not run after I try to create it. Please point me to a step-by-step instruction article online so that I can handle this problem. Chuck Humphrey >I use Outlook 2003. I frequently send repetitive responses to e-mails. >I have tried to automate the process by creating a macro with the text >of the response, but I am making some mistakes, because ...

Excel sheet "dissapears" when displaying on different computer
Network housed excel file. Displays normally on some machines. On ther machines on the same network - sheet dissapears (no worksheet opens up, screeen looks like excel is active but fo file is open) but is viewable thru print preview. ...

change the text in the legend of a chart w/o changing pivot text
I am trying to create a series of pie charts that compares demographic data for clients assisted with multiple housing-related activities (new homebuyer, rehab, foreclosure prevention, etc.) If I want to look at the age of new homebuyers, on my pivot table I deselect all activities except new homebuyer. After I make my pie chart, in the legend the labels are "new homebuyer 18-24", "new homebuyer 25-34", etc. It's pretty self-explanatory that these are all "new homebuyers". I need for the New Homebuyer part to not be shown in the legend, but I can...