Displaying value of a variable on a form

Hello,

I have a bound form which has several text boxes, each box is for a date.
When the form opens, the Open event (through 5 IF statements) counts &
increments the number of these boxes that have null values.  I have a
variable for this count.  I would like to display the value of this count on
the form.  I have a text box for this.  At the end of the event, I set the
value of the text box = to the variable which is keeping count.  The event
runs fine but on the form, the text box displays the following:

#Name?

Can anyone explain why this happens and how to correctly display the count?

TIA,
Rich

I figured it out.  I had the name of the text box set the same as the name of
the variable.  Changing the name of the text box resolved.

Lesson learned!!!

Thanks

"rich" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a bound form which has several text boxes, each box is for a date.
> When the form opens, the Open event (through 5 IF statements) counts &
> increments the number of these boxes that have null values.  I have a
> variable for this count.  I would like to display the value of this count on
> the form.  I have a text box for this.  At the end of the event, I set the
> value of the text box = to the variable which is keeping count.  The event
> runs fine but on the form, the text box displays the following:
>
> #Name?
>
> Can anyone explain why this happens and how to correctly display the count?
>
> TIA,
> Rich
check the following two issues:

1) - the on-open event is too soon to modify bound controls, and likely too
soon to modify un-bound controls. I would move this code to the on-load
event.

The on-open event has a "cancel" option, and allows you to 'test' conditions
of controls and do things in code, and if the form does not meet conditions
that you happy with, you can set cancel = true, and the form actually does
NOT load, or appear (nor does the forms on-load event/code run).

So, the on-open event is generally NOT used for code setup, and form setup
of values..it is ONLY for testing of conditions that would prevent the form

2) - the control in which your assigning a value is NOT un-bound, or in fact
is bound to some field, or expression that is incorrect.

If this is REALLY a un-bound contour, then you should not be seeing he
"name?". check the data tab of the properties sheet of this control...it
should be empty if it suppose to just display a value.

You can NOT bind a control on a form to a VBA variable. You have to use code
to assign he control, or you can bind that control to a function that
returns the value of the variable.

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert

Filtering depending on value of a cell
Hi to all, Is it possible to filtration according to a value that is typed in a certain cell? Colomn B contain month names: Jan, Feb, ... until Dec. Is it possible to filltering using VB Code or Macro.. depending on the value that I type in cell C4? After that to print the filtered range starting colomn C until colomn L after hiding colomns F,G,H,I . Colomn headings are in row 6 Yes, you can program the Autofilter. Have a look in the newsgroups here, that kind of question has been answered a lot of times of before. You can reference the value of a cell using: Sheets("nameoftheshee...

Excel Form "Component Not Registered"
I am using several excel spreadsheet that are working on many other machines but they all of a sudden started giving me a "component not registered" error. I don't know of any changes to my workstation environment. In order to debug, I stripped down the excel spreadsheet to the bare minimum. I noticed that when all the forms were removed from the spreadsheet that the problem disapeared. I removed everything in the spreadsheet except for one form and a Workbook_Open() procedure. No problem occurs if I have an empty procedure but as soon as I even put a comment in th...

Return a cell refernce based on a value
I have a value in worksheet A which is "x". In worksheet B column A have a list of values i.e. a,b,c,d...x,y,z and in column B I hav values relating to those in coumn A i.e. column A row 1 value is "a column B row 1 value is "apple", column A row 2 value is "b" and colum B row 2 value is "balloon", how do I get teh first worksheet to rea the value in one cell, find it in column A of the other worksheet an give back the value on teh same row in column B? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the VLOOKUP function =VLOOKU...

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

Open a database with no window, just form
I now have my own, home-built Auto FE Updater which basically involves first launching a version-checker database (.mdb) which checks the file date of the current app file on the user's local drive against the latest version on a shared network drive and downloads from the net if the app version isn't the latest. Then the version-checker mdb calls the actual application database. All of the above works nicely and is obviously easy to implement. So what's my problem? Well, it may be nitpicky but I don't want the user to know that the version-checker is actually a separat...

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

subform not loading before main form
Hi MS Access 2003 SP2 After I did some refactoring of the subform code, the subform just would not load. In fact, it skips the subform without any error, and fails to load the main form as the main form depends on the subform for some data. My problem was Private Const START_DATE as Date = "#00:00:00#" I had accidentally added quotation marks around the date literal. Since it was not throwing an error it took me 2 days to track down this simple mistake. Hope others won't have to waste so much time! Riyaz Compile --- Hi Riyaz, "Since it was not throwing an error i...

Pasting a value as an hyperlink
I have imported a list from a database of file paths to documents on our server, these data is currently formatted as 'General' Is there anyway of converting that value into a hyperlink to the said documents? If your list is the complete path and file name, then in an adjacent column you could just do: =3DHYPERLINK(A1) and copy this down. If you wish to you could fix the values and then you would not need column A. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 20, 4:14=A0pm, The Rook <TheR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have imported a list from a data...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Form Advise
Thanks for the reply Doug.Would I do this with 3 seperate command buttons?, if not I am unawareof the code required. If I do use command buttons how does this workwith setting the properties for the form. I mean if I set the from toallow no additions how will this work when I click the command buttonto add a record,?. I'm suggesting that you have a button that resets the form's properties. A toggle button might be best: allow changes when it's depressed, and don't allow them when it's raised.In your form's Load event, you'd put code like: Me.MyToggleButton = FalseI...

Continuous forms on tabbed form?
I have a main form which has a tabbed control. On the tabbed control I want to display a subform as a Continous form but even though I have set the property to Continuos form the subform shows as a single form. Does this mean that I can'tshow a Continuos Form as a subform on a tabbed main form? Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201001/1 Tony, Yes, you can use a continuous subform on a tab object. ...

Stop displaying a line

Insert formula to range of rows (Variable) from macro
I am getting a debug error 'Compile Error, Expected: end of statement' for the following formula insertion: Set Rng = Worksheets("Calculate").Range("E2:E30") Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(D3)=TRUE,"Blank",IF(D3>=$D$2+($D$2*0.05),"Over",IF(D3<=$D$2-($C$2*0.05),"Under","Pass")))" Column B has a variable number of rows which I need to drag the formula down for so am putting rows 2-30 as there will never be more than this. Is there a better way of doing this? Any help appreciated Try Range("E2:...

assigning value to a letter (Excel 97)
Hi, At my place of work we have a roster. To indicate what day you are working a letter is put in a cell for that particular day e.g O = Operational Day (11 hours) X = Normal Day (8.5 hours) A = Admin day (8.5 hours).. an so on... Your weekly hours are totaled up at the end of the week (Sat) depending on what you worked (as above). What I would like to do is assign a value to whatever letter is in the cell and in another cell somewhere in the worksheet total up the hours for that week. Sadly I have no idea how to do this. This is useful so you can work out your projected hours to ...

Forms 06-20-07
Help Guys I have 2 textbox controls on a form The first textbox displays a Transaction Date from a table called sales Now I want the second box to show the Total count of products on that date and before am using the following expression =DCount("[ProductsCode]","Products","[DateIn]"<= "[Date]","Sales" where datein is a field inthe Products table that I want to use as reference for the counting What am I doing wrong and how can I get the total count of the products using the date textbox? I want when I select a date in the Date text...

Display or not display series