display value in combo box

I populate a combox1.rowsource = value1.  How do I display value1 in the
combo box?  I can see it in the dropdown, but how do I display it?  Thanks.

Kou

Do you have it bound to a field in your table?
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:19:02 -0800, Kou Vang wrote:

> I populate a combox1.rowsource = value1.  How do I display value1 in the
> combo box?  I can see it in the dropdown, but how do I display it?  Thanks.
>
> Kou

Setting a Column Width (for any column) to 0" will hide that column.
Make sure the Combo Box Column Width property is correct.
If 1 column is used, then the column width should be 1" (or anything
LARGER than 0"

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Kou

"Kou Vang" <KouVang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I populate a combox1.rowsource = value1.  How do I display value1 in the
> combo box?  I can see it in the dropdown, but how do I display it?
> Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you set the value of the combo box to one of
the values in its list (in the bound column), the combo box will naturally
display that item.  So if you set the combo box's RowSource property to,
say, a value list, you can then set its Value property to one of the values
in that list.  But I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to do or not.
It would help if you explained in more detail what you want.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
12/13/2007 6:59:30 PM
I populate the combobox from an evaluated expression.  It resides in the list
within the combo box.  But in the form, the unbound combo box will not
display the value of the list without dropping it down.  So...Do I then have
to simulate a click on the arrow of the drop down?  Can I use the dropdown
method? In the Access help it clearly states that while in form view, the
combo box will not display anything within its list until the arrow is
pressed and dropped down.  So how do I do that without having to manually
click it?

Kou

>I populate the combobox from an evaluated expression.  It resides in the
>list
> within the combo box.

People use the word "populate" to mean a variety of things.  Are you
actually setting the combo's RowSource property in code, or are you just
setting its value?  Would you mind posting your code so I can see what
you're doing?

What are the Column Count and Bound Column properties of the combo box?  And
if you're not setting it in code you've posted, what is its RecordSource?

> But in the form, the unbound combo box will not
> display the value of the list without dropping it down.  So...Do I then
> have
> to simulate a click on the arrow of the drop down?  Can I use the dropdown
> method? In the Access help it clearly states that while in form view, the
> combo box will not display anything within its list until the arrow is
> pressed and dropped down.

That's not right.  The combo box won't display *the list* until the combo
box is "dropped down", whether by mouse click, user keystroke, or calling
its Dropdown method.  But its value should be displayed as long as it's a
value in the list.

There is a bug introduced with Access 2003 SP3 that apparently leaves combos
looking blank if they're bound to a column with the Format property set --
or something like that, I don't remember exactly.  Could you be experiencing
the result of that bug?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
12/13/2007 7:54:17 PM
My column count and bound column are both 1.  My row source type is set at
"value list".  The rowsource is set to a click within a seperate listbox that
populates it.  I also realize, that once I click on the value in the combo
box, and move to the next record, the value is still displayed, even though I
set the rowsource="" when moving to the next record.  How do I set the
display="" ?

> My column count and bound column are both 1.  My row source type is set at
> "value list".  The rowsource is set to a click within a seperate listbox
> that
> populates it.  I also realize, that once I click on the value in the combo
> box, and move to the next record, the value is still displayed, even
> though I
> set the rowsource="" when moving to the next record.  How do I set the
> display="" ?

Please post all the relevant code.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Filtering depending on value of a cell
Hi to all, Is it possible to filtration according to a value that is typed in a certain cell? Colomn B contain month names: Jan, Feb, ... until Dec. Is it possible to filltering using VB Code or Macro.. depending on the value that I type in cell C4? After that to print the filtered range starting colomn C until colomn L after hiding colomns F,G,H,I . Colomn headings are in row 6 Yes, you can program the Autofilter. Have a look in the newsgroups here, that kind of question has been answered a lot of times of before. You can reference the value of a cell using: Sheets("nameoftheshee...

Return a cell refernce based on a value
I have a value in worksheet A which is "x". In worksheet B column A have a list of values i.e. a,b,c,d...x,y,z and in column B I hav values relating to those in coumn A i.e. column A row 1 value is "a column B row 1 value is "apple", column A row 2 value is "b" and colum B row 2 value is "balloon", how do I get teh first worksheet to rea the value in one cell, find it in column A of the other worksheet an give back the value on teh same row in column B? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the VLOOKUP function =VLOOKU...

Dual Displays

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Folder could not be displayed

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

grey text box
Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill basically. Deanna wrote: > Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill > basically. See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Pasting a value as an hyperlink
I have imported a list from a database of file paths to documents on our server, these data is currently formatted as 'General' Is there anyway of converting that value into a hyperlink to the said documents? If your list is the complete path and file name, then in an adjacent column you could just do: =3DHYPERLINK(A1) and copy this down. If you wish to you could fix the values and then you would not need column A. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 20, 4:14=A0pm, The Rook <TheR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have imported a list from a data...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Two address/one box
Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. Thanks! You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry can't remember which tab) "Sam" wrote: > Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people > are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into > one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. > Thanks! ...

Stop displaying a line

assigning value to a letter (Excel 97)
Hi, At my place of work we have a roster. To indicate what day you are working a letter is put in a cell for that particular day e.g O = Operational Day (11 hours) X = Normal Day (8.5 hours) A = Admin day (8.5 hours).. an so on... Your weekly hours are totaled up at the end of the week (Sat) depending on what you worked (as above). What I would like to do is assign a value to whatever letter is in the cell and in another cell somewhere in the worksheet total up the hours for that week. Sadly I have no idea how to do this. This is useful so you can work out your projected hours to ...

Display or not display series

Comment Type Box??
Is it somehow possible to assign a description box/ comment box to an item so that when that item is entered or scanned it pops up allowing text to be entered. (A bit like ctrl+F10). Any help would be brill !! Really the only way out of the box is with CTRL+F10. A customization would certainly be able to make this happen though. If you are intested in finding out what it would take to make happen, drop me an email and we can discuss. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us ...

Data Value in a Chart
By default when you enable the data label in a 3-D Bar Chart, the data label starts in the middle of the bar chart. Is there any way to change the label to be out of the bar chart? This problem happens only with 3-D Bar Charts. Thanks Joe Joe - If you double click on the labels, and click on the Alignment tab, there is no Label Position option as there is for non-3D charts. You can select and move each label individually with the mouse, or use a VBA solution, like the Move Labels feature of Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler addin (free at http://appspro.com). But you can't specify an...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...