Disabling Fields in a form

Hello.  I have a form that allows me to enter withdraws and deposits.
I make a selection of the type of transaction from a combo box whether
it is a deposit or withdraw.  I want to setup my form to disable the
deposit amount field if I select withdraw, and vice versa for
deposits.

Thanks for the help.

0
Wes

"Wes" <wesley.allen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello.  I have a form that allows me to enter withdraws and deposits.
> I make a selection of the type of transaction from a combo box whether
> it is a deposit or withdraw.  I want to setup my form to disable the
> deposit amount field if I select withdraw, and vice versa for
> deposits.
>
> Thanks for the help.

In the AfterUpdate event of the combo box:

If Me.cboComboBox = "deposit" Then
    Me.txtWithdrawField.Enabled = False
    Me.txtDepositField.Enabled = True
ElseIf Me.cboComboBox = "withdraw" Then
    Me.txtWithdrawField.Enabled = True
    Me.txtDepositField.Enabled = False
Else
    ' Any other options
End if

Carl Rapson

0
Carl

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Bill of Lading form
I am looking for a Bill of Lading form for Dynamics for shipments my company makes. Has anyone found a form that works with the system? I know that the German version of the program has one, beets me why the US version doesn't. A reasonably good BOL form can be created using Crystal or SRS. You will need to use some of the optional fields in Inventory to flag any items that may require special handling, if your firm has any such hazardous materials. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and che...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Export to Excel
Can anyone give me some help on export records to Excel please. I have a table were each field is 254 chars and I have chopped up some data. I would like to put it back together as I export it to Excel. Like this: part1 part2 part3 part4 etc. Export all into Cell 1 Thanks in advance! Bonnie On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:26:01 -0800, Bon <Bon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Rather than exporting a table, export a query. In this query you concatenate the fields: select part1 & part2 & part3 & part4 as AllParts from myTable -Tom. Microsoft Access...

POP STATGRP field
Good evening all I've looked in Resources/Tables and I cannot find a listing of the meaning of the various numbers for the STATGRP field found in the POP10100 and POP30100 tables. Does anyone have a full listing please? Thankx Sheila Sheila, According to the SDK: Status Group: Assigned when the status of the purchase order changes and is used to group Purchase Orders by status types to enable ranging on active (New, Open or Modified) or closed (Canceled or Closed ) purchase orders. Values: 1 = POP_ACTIVE 2 = POP_CLOSED Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximu...

Duplicating a record leaving one field blank for editing
Hi - I've seen many different posts regarding duplicating a record - I am able to do this fine, however I do have a need to leave one of the fields (Position.NewLineNo) blank so that the user can fill it in. This field is not a primary key - I have a PositionID field which uses the autonumber feature. Since my VBA skills are not very advanced I'm looking for a solution to leave the field blank. I've included the code that I am using. This code is using a cmd button with the OnClick() event: Private Sub cmdDuplicateRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdDuplicateRecord_Click...

Form changes contents on a timer
Hi The code below is for a form that changes contents on a timer. The contents are received from a series of queries Is there a way to make it so that if a query has nil results/records that it automatically skips to the next Case/Query? Cheers James _______________________________________________ Private Sub Form_Activate() Me.TimerInterval = 5000 End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() Me.Child4.SourceObject = "Query.DisplayOrdersEURGBP" Me.Label5.Caption = "EURGBP" End Sub Private Sub Form_Timer() Select Case Me.Child4.SourceObject Case "Quer...

Description field too narrow
Is there any way to configure the description field to stay the same width? I often must use the mouse pointer to expand the field width so I can see the whole description. -- Harry Betz Newtown, Pa www.newtownbike.com This can be fixed by changing your screen resolution to a size larger than 800x600 "Harry" <harry@newtownbike.com> wrote in message news:uDPVEDflEHA.2884@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to configure the description field to stay the same width? > I often must use the mouse pointer to expand the field width so I can see > the whole descr...

RE: modifying Contact "lookup" form...
is there any way to modify the lookup form for contact so that middle name can be displayed? we have thousands of contacts in our system and when adding a contact to an opportunity, lookup can be very hard when search on a common name such as "smith, john". thanks in advance! sunish abraham In the current version it is not possible to modfy the look up dialogue box. However there is a way to solve your problem. The field that displays in the lookup form is the 'full name' and the system default is Last name, First name. If you go to settings and customisation in the co...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

sql to update inventory allocation field in IV00102
I am trying to come up with a sql script that will recalculate ATYALLOC field in IV00102. If anyone has it, email it please at jacktundra@hotmail.com ...

Automated population of data in form fields
Hi Everyone, One of my client wants to fill in the city and state information automatically based on zip code in forms like account, lead, contact etc. how can I achieve this ? a detail of steps or list of thing to be customized can really help me. another question related to same forms and fields is that how can I convert certain textboxes to combo boxes like state, topic, salutation etc etc ? again steps to achieve this and thing to be customized will really help. Thanks in advance Regards Ashfaq Ali You will need a database holding all zip codes and the associated cities and st...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Using forms from internet
Hello, If i make a form, can i use it from internet? I mean, i will upload the access tables, querries and forms and will use them from any point via internet. Is it possible? Regards, ...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...

how to copy acces database field into word document
I' l be very glad if someone could help me to learn, how could i insert the copy of access field into word document. I look for information regarding posibility of diferent way of clasical insert merge fields into document. For example I saw the word document with access fields inserted, but each field was delimited with sqare brackets. Thank you in advance. I would urge you to take a look at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Specifically the 'Super Easy Word Merge.' about half way down the page. It is relatively simple to implement and works...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

have all forms open in window of main form
I would like to have some commnand buttons and or toolbar buttons on a main form which open a number of different forms and have them all open up in the main form whilst retaining the view of the command buttons etc. Not sure if this is feasible or relativley straightforward but if it is would appreciate some guidance or direction on how to accomplish this. Each new form would overlay the previous form opened which would become invisible. Thanks ChrisP Hi Chris, One easy way to do this is to add tabs on your main form. Then in each tab you can place a subform. You will only see t...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

How to select distinct combinations of 2 fields that can be the sa
Hi everyone, I'm working with a table that has origin and destination fields. I'm trying to figure out the amount of flow between 2 locations. For example: amount from CA to NY + amount from NY to CA. While I can get the calculation to work correctly, in my query it returns Origin: NY Dest: CA 1234 Origin: CA Dest: NY 1234 The 1234 is the correct total of the amount going from NY to CA added to the amount going from CA to NY. I'm trying to figure out how to only show one of the two rows. Thanks for any help you can provide. Amy Post the SQL of your query. -- KARL DE...

How do I get rid of #agg fields when Importing an XML file into E.
I'm importing an XML file that has int and double information within it. When the data is imported into Excel I get an extra column tagged with #agg For example: - <NewDataSet> - <Results> <FOO>41.01</FOO> </Results> This creates two columns when importing to Excel /Results/FOO /Results/FOO/#agg 41.01 41.01 ...

Field "e-Mail" in ADUC "General Tab"
hy there, short question: what about the "e-Mail" filed in the active-directory-users-and-computers-snapin at the "general tab"? what is the funcionality of this field? does exchange need this field, or is this only nice to have? why do i have to fill out this field? what will happen, when i change the value of this field? must there be the same e-mail-address like in the "e-mail-adresses" tab? what if, when there is an other e-mail adress like in "e-mail-adresses"? thanks in advance for any help, links, hints, answers. greets daniel Hi Daniel, Do...