Disable workgroup permissions-Error 3033

Hi, This is the scenario.I copied the database from our branch which
has already been closed down.The guy who created the database used
some workgroup permissions.Now when I try to open it on my PC i get
the error 3033, I do not have the necesarry permissions to open
the .mdb.What do I do?I need all the objects in the database.I do not
use workgroup permissions on the DBs I create.Please assist.
Note: I'm using access 2003 and Windows XP

0
niclive

On 30 May 2007 07:02:11 -0700, niclive@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi, This is the scenario.I copied the database from our branch which
>has already been closed down.The guy who created the database used
>some workgroup permissions.Now when I try to open it on my PC i get
>the error 3033, I do not have the necesarry permissions to open
>the .mdb.What do I do?I need all the objects in the database.I do not
>use workgroup permissions on the DBs I create.Please assist.
>Note: I'm using access 2003 and Windows XP

You will need to get and join the .MDW file which this person used to secure
the database, and you'll need to know an ID and password of an account with
the needed privileges.

It's a secured database. That's what security is *for* - to keep out people
who don't have the password!

The security can be cracked with some difficulty, if it's really critical, but
your best bet is to get the password.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
5/30/2007 4:21:15 PM
On May 30, 7:21 pm, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
> On 30 May 2007 07:02:11 -0700, nicl...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Hi, This is the scenario.I copied the database from our branch which
> >has already been closed down.The guy who created the database used
> >some workgroup permissions.Now when I try to open it on my PC i get
> >the error 3033, I do not have the necesarry permissions to open
> >the .mdb.What do I do?I need all the objects in the database.I do not
> >use workgroup permissions on the DBs I create.Please assist.
> >Note: I'm using access 2003 and Windows XP
>
> You will need to get and join the .MDW file which this person used to secure
> the database, and you'll need to know an ID and password of an account with
> the needed privileges.
>
> It's a secured database. That's what security is *for* - to keep out people
> who don't have the password!
>
> The security can be cracked with some difficulty, if it's really critical, but
> your best bet is to get the password.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

I have the password.Thing is before it opens the security login where
I am asked for the password, it pops up the error.And I can't get hold
of the original .mdw file.I'd have to get to the original computer and
that is gone.
any way to help please?

0
niclive
5/31/2007 8:00:08 AM
On 31 May 2007 01:00:08 -0700, niclive@gmail.com wrote:

>On May 30, 7:21 pm, John W. Vinson
><jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
>> On 30 May 2007 07:02:11 -0700, nicl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >Hi, This is the scenario.I copied the database from our branch which
>> >has already been closed down.The guy who created the database used
>> >some workgroup permissions.Now when I try to open it on my PC i get
>> >the error 3033, I do not have the necesarry permissions to open
>> >the .mdb.What do I do?I need all the objects in the database.I do not
>> >use workgroup permissions on the DBs I create.Please assist.
>> >Note: I'm using access 2003 and Windows XP
>>
>> You will need to get and join the .MDW file which this person used to secure
>> the database, and you'll need to know an ID and password of an account with
>> the needed privileges.
>>
>> It's a secured database. That's what security is *for* - to keep out people
>> who don't have the password!
>>
>> The security can be cracked with some difficulty, if it's really critical, but
>> your best bet is to get the password.
>>
>>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
>

>I have the password.Thing is before it opens the security login where
>I am asked for the password, it pops up the error.And I can't get hold
>of the original .mdw file.I'd have to get to the original computer and
>that is gone.
>any way to help please?

Then you'd need to get the machine back, and get the workgroup file from it (or get a backup from that branch and
retrieve the workgroup file). AFAIK, if the db is secured correctly, you MUST have the workgroup file to open it. Other
machines from that branch may also contain the workgroup file - do you have any computer resources that came from that
branch? If so, search their hard drives for files ending in .mdw, then try joining those and opening the database with
your password.

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Outlook Runtime Error
I just upgraded my operating system from Windows 98 to Windows XP. I ran the Office disk to update/correct its programs for XP. All of them ( Word, Xcel, etc.) work except for Outlook. Outlook loads then displays a Runtime Error! " This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." After clicking the OK on the message Outlook closes. What to do? ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

MTA Auto Stop ( Error 4284, 4287 )
Dear, I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4 with WinNT4.0 SP6a I find on this two day My MTA Auto Stop, and I need to Restart I check the Event log , It have below Message EVENT ID 4284 , Source MSExchangeMTA An error occured during connection/disconnection. Error code : 8511 ( POP4 POP4 DOWN 6) (14) EVENT ID 4287 , Source MSExchangeMTA An Internal MTA error occured. Contact Microsoft Technical Support. Error code=8640 ( 75 POP4 POP4 DOWN 6) (14) EVENT ID 9277 , Source MSExchangeMTA The MTA has issued an RPC Cancel call for thread 1, Locality Table Index 31, Time (ms); 1240000, Cancel result 0 ( QPL...

Error question
I am running Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002 on my local computer that is networked to several servers. I am current on all the system and Office service packs. When I try to access files on one server to send as attachments in Outlook, I get the following message: "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you." Outlook stalls and will not open the server files to allow me to find the attachment. I am mapped correctly to that server. Can anyone offer any help? Much appreciated. ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

owa and 404 errors
I am trying to get my front end server that is on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server to work but I get 404 errors. any tips on resolving this. P.S I am in the process of deploying isa in the dmz for this as well but I want this to work first. ...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

error message 0x8004060C
while receiving messages, the progress bar just goes forward, but no actual messages are downloaded. when the progress bar is complete, it displays the error message. meanwhile, i can't do anything in outlook except marking messages read or unread. i try to delete, move messages, add tasks, nothing works. i just get an error like: 'cannot move items' or outlook has encountered an unexpected error. if the problem persists, please restart outlook'. of course restarting outlook or even my computer is of no help whatsoever. please help, this is my office email program and...

Error Message in GP 8.0
I'm getting an error message when creating sales orders - even at the initial point of creating the sales order. It's "A get/change operation on table 'ME_RM_EFT_MSTR' cannot find the table.". I have tried re-installing the eBanking module multiple times but this does not seem to help (seems to be the EFT on Receivables Management). When I query in SQL, the table is an invalid object. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks much! Lisa You have to create the tables. If you are in GP v8, go file > Maintenence> SQL, select the product and select ro drop and recre...

PCL XL Error Illegal Operator Sequence
Error trying to print (to HP4200tn)instead of highlighted XL spreadsheet; get a page w/PCL XL error: Subsystem: KERNEL,Error: Illegal Operator Sequence, Operator: Set Page Scale, Position: 3. Tried checking and unchecking Scale box - still won't print. ...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Error Message on instalacion CRM 3.0. Only Experts
Hi, I'm installing CRM 3.0 under SBS 2003 Premium. When I install Microsoft Dynamics CRM, I receive the following error message: >>The specified path is not a metabase path. >>Parameter name:Path This problem occurs when I run the Environment Diagnostics wizard (Reporting Server) There is a reference in Knowledge Base in Article ID : 916164 I've checked both methods and doesn't solve the proble Could someone Help me? Thanks ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

money runtime error
I keep getting a error message runtime error c:\program files\microsoft money\\system\msmoney.exe abnormal program termination In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote: >I keep getting a error message >runtime error >c:\program files\microsoft money\\system\msmoney.exe > >abnormal program termination See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305254&Product=mny helps. I was experiencing th same error. I followed the Microsoft KB article 305254. This has seemed to exacerbate the problem. Now when I start MSMoney, it just crashes and prompts me if...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

One client's emails with attachements creates 4.4.7 errors
We have a small 4 user network running xp clients with office2003 and a Windows2003. A vitrual smtp queue route our outgoing mail to a RoadRunner server. Everything is running smoothly except for on of the client machines cannot sent an email with an attachement to any outside email address with creating a 4.4.7 error. This client can send emails without attachments without issues. Any ideas? "Schuyler" <schuyler-takethisout@lrgconstruction.com> wrote: >We have a small 4 user network running xp clients with >office2003 and a Windows2003. A vitrual smtp queue ...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...