dirty (?) footer

I have a form with several unbound field in it's footer (they will, after
verification, be added to the recordset);
I thought it would be nice to keep the "ADD" button disabled until the user
has entered info into all of the fields...

is there a simple way to add a check for this condition (all fields have
data entered)

on dirty...
    if len(field1 + field2 + field3 + ...) > 0 then
        me.add.enabled = true
    else
        me.add.enabled = false
    end if

thanks in advance,
-mark

0
mark

On Feb 20, 2:58 pm, "mark kubicki" <m...@tillotsondesign.com> wrote:
> I have a form with several unbound field in it's footer (they will, after
> verification, be added to the recordset);
> I thought it would be nice to keep the "ADD" button disabled until the user
> has entered info into all of the fields...
>
> is there a simple way to add a check for this condition (all fields have
> data entered)
>
> on dirty...
>     if len(field1 + field2 + field3 + ...) > 0 then
>         me.add.enabled = true
>     else
>         me.add.enabled = false
>     end if
>
> thanks in advance,
> -mark

Try choosing a characteristic of each field that will be non-zero when
data is entered

Then calculate the product of these characteristics

If Product equals zero then one or more are zero
If Product is not zero then all individual fields have evaluated to be
non-zero

Maybe like...

if len(field1 + field2 + field3 + ...) > 0 then

turned into

if len(F1)*len(F2)*len(F3)<>0 then...

Hope that gives you some help.
Scott

0
HeliFlyer
2/20/2007 8:35:50 PM
thanks,
however, the portion of the problem I'm having difficulty with is picking an
event to fire the code execution
-any thoughts in that?

<HeliFlyer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 20, 2:58 pm, "mark kubicki" <m...@tillotsondesign.com> wrote:
>> I have a form with several unbound field in it's footer (they will, after
>> verification, be added to the recordset);
>> I thought it would be nice to keep the "ADD" button disabled until the
>> user
>> has entered info into all of the fields...
>>
>> is there a simple way to add a check for this condition (all fields have
>> data entered)
>>
>> on dirty...
>>     if len(field1 + field2 + field3 + ...) > 0 then
>>         me.add.enabled = true
>>     else
>>         me.add.enabled = false
>>     end if
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>> -mark
>
> Try choosing a characteristic of each field that will be non-zero when
> data is entered
>
> Then calculate the product of these characteristics
>
> If Product equals zero then one or more are zero
> If Product is not zero then all individual fields have evaluated to be
> non-zero
>
> Maybe like...
>
> if len(field1 + field2 + field3 + ...) > 0 then
>
> turned into
>
> if len(F1)*len(F2)*len(F3)<>0 then...
>
> Hope that gives you some help.
> Scott

0
mark
2/20/2007 9:05:09 PM
Hi Mark

Put your code in a Private Function in your form module (let's call it
CheckAddEnable) and set the AfterUpdate event property of each of your
textboxes to:
=CheckAddEnable()

--
Good Luck  :-)

Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
Auckland, New Zealand

"mark kubicki" <mark@tillotsondesign.com> wrote in message
> thanks,
> however, the portion of the problem I'm having difficulty with is picking
> an event to fire the code execution
> -any thoughts in that?
>

> <HeliFlyer@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Feb 20, 2:58 pm, "mark kubicki" <m...@tillotsondesign.com> wrote:
>>> I have a form with several unbound field in it's footer (they will,
>>> after
>>> verification, be added to the recordset);
>>> I thought it would be nice to keep the "ADD" button disabled until the
>>> user
>>> has entered info into all of the fields...
>>>
>>> is there a simple way to add a check for this condition (all fields have
>>> data entered)
>>>
>>> on dirty...
>>>     if len(field1 + field2 + field3 + ...) > 0 then
>>>         me.add.enabled = true
>>>     else
>>>         me.add.enabled = false
>>>     end if
>>>
>>> thanks in advance,
>>> -mark
>>
>> Try choosing a characteristic of each field that will be non-zero when
>> data is entered
>>
>> Then calculate the product of these characteristics
>>
>> If Product equals zero then one or more are zero
>> If Product is not zero then all individual fields have evaluated to be
>> non-zero
>>
>> Maybe like...
>>
>> if len(field1 + field2 + field3 + ...) > 0 then
>>
>> turned into
>>
>> if len(F1)*len(F2)*len(F3)<>0 then...
>>
>> Hope that gives you some help.
>> Scott

0
Graham

Force New Page After Section except for Report Footer
I have a report with the following sections: Report Header Page Header TierGroup Header SpltiName Header Detail SplitName Footer TierGroup Footer Page Footer Report Footer I want Each TierGroup to force a new page after TierGroup Footer. So that a new page starts when a new TierGroup Starts. However I do not want the report footer to be on its own page. So after the last TierGroup formats I want the report to then place the Report Footer below it. IS this possible? Let me know if you have any questions as I tried to explain it the best I could. Thanks, David On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:47:20 -080...

Inserting an Image ( Logo ) into the footer
Hi, Is there a way, I can insert an image ( Logo) in the Excel footer? Thanks and regards, Raj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mike, I have only these options. There is no button to insert the images. I am using Excel 2000. Do you think, it is because of the version? The options I have are, &[Page]&[Pages]&[Date]&[Time]&[File]&[Tab] and a text box. Thanks and regards, Raj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com That feature was introduced, I believe, in XL02. In article <raja_turbine.1akv7f@excelforum-nospam.com>, raja_turb...

how to move header and footer within print margins excel
i am trying to use a 11x17 page instead of letter size. I need to fit the header and footer within the page margins i set forth. Please help~ Rohit Header/Footer margins are fixed at approx. 3/4 inch. There is no way to change this setting. Work-around is to "pad" the headers and footers with spaces. You can move them inwards this way, but not outwards. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 4 May 2005 07:38:11 -0700, "Rohit" <Rohit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i am trying to use a 11x17 page instead of letter size. I need to fit the >header and footer w...

Headers and footers #3
I need to create a footer that is available to me whenever I use Excel footers . . .how do you add to their default footer drop down list ? >-----Original Message----- >I need to create a footer that is available to me >whenever I use Excel footers . . .how do you add to their >default footer drop down list ? >. >Once you create a header/footer, it should be available anytime by opening the drop down and then choosing it. ...

How to replace Page Footer with Report Page Footer
Hi, I am wondering, if I can put my Report Footer to replace Page Footer position. Is it possible to do that? TIA Yanto No. You cannot easily move the report footer to the bottom of the page. Firstly, the summary information that Access collects across the report is not available if you use the page footer. There are workarounds, but the data may be unreliable: depends on which pages were visited (if you rely on events), and the timing of the compilation. Secondly, the page footer appears on every page, not just the last one. Thirdly, the Report Footer section can grow or shrink to fit ...

Sum in Form Footer
Hi Folks, I've made a the following calculation in form Detail section into text box and I've called my text box "Chaussures" =Sum([Chaussures])+([aldo])+([Feet-First])+([Transit])+([Globo]), this sum calculate the sum of Units which are into these text boxes "aldo", "Feet-First", "Transit" and "Globo" and this for each line record. Now in the Form Footwear, How can I make the total of units "Chaussures" I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. Your help will be much appreciated, Thankign you in advance,...

re: Footer character limit
Does anyone know how to increse the character limit of footers above 255? Sorry, can't. Perhaps use text boxes? jeff >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to increse the character limit of >footers above 255? >. > ...

Me.Dirty
Okay, Here is the setup of this monster database that we're using. We have an Access frontend with SQL server backend. We have about 14 tables that all link to one main table via main table's PK. To present this data, we have forms that have 14 sub-forms on them (long story, but in order to get what we needed, this was how we got it to work). We have the SQL server residing on one server and then six laptops connect to that server via wireless router (again, due to the mobility of the laptops, it has to be wireless). So at one time, there are six users entering data, but never ...

grand totals in report footer
I'm trying to create grand totals in a footer. The tables/reports of data are: Projects ProjectsTasks ProjectsTasksScientists ProjectsTasksScientistsUpdates I have a running total for the updates in the footer for ProjectsTasksScientistsUpdates. What I'd like to do is make a grand total for updates in the ProjectsTasks footer so that I know how much total is spent per task. I've added the ProjectsTasksScientistsUpdates table to the record source for the ProjectsTasks reports but this of course, returns some crazy stuff. Considering this design how can I create the grand tot...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Form Dirty Property
I am having difficulty in exploiting the ‘On Dirty’ property of forms. Sometimes it works as expected but, more often than not, changes to controls bound to table fields fail to trigger the On Dirty event. I am then forced to associate each amendable control with an After Update event. That invariably works but, with a dozen or more amendable controls on a form, the resulting code can look pretty clumsy. There is something that I have clearly not understood. Can anyone enlighten me? I just want to take appropriate action when any control on a form is updated or amended. -- Peter ...

How To Talk Dirty
Hi, Really cool to learn, but it's true for all dudes. 'How To Talk Dirty' (http://www.howtotalkdirty101.com) Talk Dirty -- womenops ...

Headers and footers problems
My footer is huge! How do I size it down? Make sure that Vertical Alignment is set to "Top" (although this usually affects the header rather than the footer). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Quarrithbrakka" <Quarrithbrakka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EFE175F-1305-4101-A498-CC8A9A6A829D@microsoft.com... > My footer is huge! How do I size it down? And if that's not the issue, display nonprinting characters and make sure the footer doesn't contain extra, empty paragraphs. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Micros...

Dirty Bits?
When I rebooted my computer (WinXP SP3) I got a bizarre message saying that "The volume is dirty," apparently in reference to my external hard drive. What the $%^& does this mean? And more particularly, must I do something about whatever is "dirty" about that drive? When I did a google search I found a reference to "setting the dirty bit," terminology which, I must admit, seems to have more to do with connubial delights than with my computer. of course, I also found ads hawking software which assuredly (yeah, sure) would fix this and any other...

Formatting a footer with a top border-line
I am using Excel 2002, but this seems to be a problem for me with Word 2002 as well. I want to format my footer with a top border (i.e., there should be a border-line just over the footer and between it and the rest of the page. I seem to remember being able to do this. With Word, I can format the footer with a box around it, but that looks awful. I just want a nice descrete line over the footer to separate it from the body of the page. Clicking the Text Format Tool while in headers/footers only formats the font, its size, underline/bold/italics, etc. No border lines are available as ...

Reject all header/footer changes from reviewer
I got a Word document back from a reviewer with tracked insertions, deletions, and comments. These exist in the main text and the footnotes. However, I also get slew of changes to variables in the header and footer, which are all time-stamped exactly the same time. In other words, they look like a document-wide variable update. I see these in my own documents, too. I want to merge the reviewer's tracked changes into my baseline document, but I don't want to bring in all the klag in the header and footer. Any way to do this? If I open the Reviewing Pane in the Reviewer&#...

Mail Footer
I need to add a footer to every mail sended by my exchange server, can anybody tel me how to do it? Thanks http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Sebastian Pascual wrote: > I need to add a footer to every mail sended by my exchange > server, can anybody tel me how to do it? > > Thanks ...

dirty (?) footer
I have a form with several unbound field in it's footer (they will, after verification, be added to the recordset); I thought it would be nice to keep the "ADD" button disabled until the user has entered info into all of the fields... is there a simple way to add a check for this condition (all fields have data entered) on dirty... if len(field1 + field2 + field3 + ...) > 0 then me.add.enabled = true else me.add.enabled = false end if thanks in advance, -mark On Feb 20, 2:58 pm, "mark kubicki" <m...@tillotsondesign.com> wrot...

Connect document properties to headers and footers
Hi, I'd like to fill in the document properties of the Excel document. After i want to connect the properties to the headers and footers of the excel file. Now i have to change all the header and footers of the document myself. Or does anyone have an other idea. Thanx for the response. -- Jeroen ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micros...

Form Dirty not firing
I have a form that I enter and with the Load event I disable the Save button. I want the button to appear as soon as the form is dirty. I have done this before with no problems even with other forms in this same application. When I type in the first field, the Form Dirty event is not firing. I have a msgbox statement in the Form_Dirty event and it never appears. I have an AfterUpdate event on the first field and I test Me.Dirty in that code. Me.Dirty is true in that test of the first field. Why doesn't Form.Dirty fire? What do I need to look at that will help me trace this issue? How can...

Dirty Question
Dirty Question Hello, I have a question about the Dirty property/event=85 The following code will evaluate to False (which makes sense) when the record changes: ----------- Private Sub Form_Current() Debug.Print Me.Dirty Call IsRecordDirty End Sub The following code will evaluate to True (which does not make sense to me) when the record changes: -------------- Private Function IsRecordDirty() 'tied to the on dirty event of all text/combo boxes Debug.Print Me.Dirty End Function In the Immediate Window I see: False True Next Record: False True Why is me.d...

Dirty Tricks
You dirty bastards. I clicked on the "check for banks supported" by my money product installed and i get this... Banking Direct Services* are the fastest, easiest way to connect with your financial institution and have your statements automatically downloaded into Money directly from your financial institution. * This service is only available if you have Microsoft Money 2005. You will need to use Microsoft .NET Passport in order to access your account information. Your financial institution may offer an alternative means of downloading statements and transactions from their web...

Dirty Shutdown after Exchange database repair
Our Exchange database isn't being backed up (the back-ups fail), hence the logs aren't being cleared. This has been going on for a while. The backup reports are as follows: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: 8mm AIT Media name: "Mon-04-01-2010" Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1. Backup (via shadow copy) of "D: " Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "Mon-04-01-2010" Media name: "Mon-04-01-2010" Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 4/01/2010 at 11:04 PM. Backup completed on 5/01/2...

Getting a left margin to behave like a header or footer
Good morning. Our letterhead lists our products along the left margin, and i'd like them to be "cemented" on, like they would if they appeared in the header or footer, but can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions? A header or footer can be anywhere on the page. Open the header view and insert a (borderless?) text box in the left margin to take your margin text then close the header view. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My ...

Error message if the form is dirty
Below is my code on click even of a cmdButton to fire off the before update even of my form.But it produce error message if the form is dirty : 'The setting you entered is not valid for this property" And vba highlights the line "Me.Dirty = False". If Me.Dirty = True Then Me.Dirty = False End If Why it's happen?How to trap it. You get this message if the attempt to save the record fails. For example, if you cancel the Form_BeforeUpdate event Access can't save the record. Or if there is a required field missing, it can't save. When this happen...