Detecting Shift key when form is opened

What is the best way to tell if the Shift key is held down when a form is
opened? The form is being opened from a toolbar. I don't want to react to
the Shift key's being pressed after the form is opened. I only want to react
if the Shift key was being held down when the toolbar option was clicked.

Also, is there a way to do this for reports?

Thanks in advance.

James

0
James

Refresh form on any update
I have a form that has displ;ays about 50 fields. About 12 of those fields, when updated, can change the one dlooikup control on the same form. I can code a refresh form for the onUpate event for each field to update the dlookup, but iis there a way to do it just once if any field is updated on the form. I tried using a join instead of the dlookup but then can't update the form manually. Minor, I know, but this same type of thing has come up for me elsewhere. I am using A2007 with w7. Thanks in advance Is there anything in this link that would help you create...

Ability to execute reports directly from CRM forms
Currently our users are doing the following in order to print a report (Example): - Open quotes list - Double-click a specific quote - Copy the quote ID to clipboard - Go to MyWorkspace > Reports - Select the Quotes report - Paste the the copied quote ID in the Quote-ID filter field and then run the report Obviously, the above is really hectic !! Is it possible to simplify the above through customization by adding a link or button in the original quotes & opportunities forms... etc so that user can open the quote form and then click this button and then teh report for this quote...

holding the control key down does not highlight
let' say that I am selecting multiple accounts to change their assignment. I want to select # 1, 2, and 5. I can highlight 1 and 2 find with the shift key or control key. If I try to use the control key to highlight #5 it will not highlight. It opens a new IE window. I thought this was something to do with the google toolbar but I have uninsalled it to test and stil have the same problems. It appears to only happen in CRM. Anyone have any ideas? Jennifer; I have never seen this behaviour, and for sure holding the CTRL key while selecting rows works as you would expect from any...

How do I locate my product key number
I did not receive a confirmation e-mail with my product key number when I downloaded the 60-day free trial of Microsoft Office 2007. How do I locate it? You need that email. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Pat77" <Pat77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7222010-D27B-4C82-BA5F-4994154BA0E3@microsoft.com... >I did not receive a confirmation e-mail with my product key number when I > downloaded the 60-day free trial of Microsoft Office 2007. How do I > l...

how to implement a registration key for CNK
I need to implement a registration key for third-party applications. How i do it?? Where I can find an example?? Thanks We've written custom Dex code that fires every time a user opens "key" forms, like account maintenance forms. It checks to see that a valid registration key has been entered into one of our tables. The key is a calculated value that works off of things like the customer name, number of users, module name, versions, etc. So basically, you're on your own, but I think our logic is sound. :) It's pretty simple concept in theory, though. If we h...

forms
I am having a problem in a table.. There is a text box in it where we can input information. If you want to go back and highlight a particular word or sentence you can't. From the point the cursor is pressed and whichever way you push the mouse to highlight it highlights everything back to the top or everything to the bottom of your information. Is there a way to just highlight one word or sentence without highlighting everything? This is only a problem with a text box inside the table it appears. Hi Hindseycole, Having selected the formfield, you can then navigate wit...

create a statistic form, from a questionar
How do i create a statistic form, using a questionar where the answers range from 1 to 5. Ann "Statistic form" is a general term that doesn't say much about what you want to do. You have some idea of what you want this form to look like and what you want the form to do as data is entered. Tell us about that. HTH Otto "ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E173ADD-0FDA-46DA-87E1-5BDA48B05C04@microsoft.com... > How do i create a statistic form, using a questionar where the answers > range > from 1 to 5. ...

Product Key thrown away with the packaging (!)
To replace a lost product key for a brand new Office 7 Pro suite, KB823570 says use the Product Activation Wizard to obtain the local support telephone number. But I have not yet installed the software, it arrived this morning and the product key got put in the recycling with the other packaging. Yes, I know .... From experiment with the trial version installed on the machine, it appears that you have to enter the product key before you can activate the wizard. The only other option seems to be to buy telephone support time, which would cost about the same as the software did!...

MultiWorkbook Change Event Detection / Spell Checker
Excel 2003 or 2007. Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any cell content is is changed. I've been successful on a single workbooks by adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change. I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check will run for any workbook. It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only triggers for the host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job. Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any workbook/worksheet I modifiy? TIA, - Pat The way I would go about this i...

Personal.xls stays open
Boosted by all I have learned in here I have started experimenting wit macros and VBA. My first macro was saved into Personal.xls which now opens every time open excel instead of a blank spreadsheet. However I have just seen reference that says Personal.xls should open and then hide itself. How do I get it to do that -- Alex Delamai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1127 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27009 >>Howev...

How to detect changes in a column?
If I have a table with sales forecast data (columns) like Customer, Amount and Status, what would be the best way to track changes in this table so I can compare my forecast week after week? -- inomata ------------------------------------------------------------------------ inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18938 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493571 ...

Fix Command form buttons
Hi All, I have some large buttons in row 1 (all cells on this row are merged) at the top of my worksheet. These buttons are used as shortcuts for quickly filtering. Sometimes I find after someone has used the worksheet that the buttons have moved and some are hidden underneath other ones. I assume that this occurs when the user hides a column. I have tried this myself by hiding some columns but have never got the problem myself. The result is that I need to reposition the forms ever time this happens. I'm looking for a way to ensure the buttons are always at the same location on th...

Opening 2000 in 97
Hi, I have a client with 450 end users using office 97, the users only input a time sheet in an Excel 97 spreadsheet. The client does not want to upgrade all the machines. But, the main office is updating to Office 03. Will the new office 03 endusers be able to open the 97 spreadsheet? I can't remember when the new "forward" compadability went into effect. Thank you for your help on this old version vs. new version question. Kimber Kimber Subject line reads "opening 2000 in 97" Body reads "Office 2003". Whatever the case, Office 2003 users sh...

Clip Art Shifts on Printing
Hi, I have a document with a text box and a clip art border made up of several individual files ... the document shows up fine in Publisher's print preview (although it turns from color to grayscale - another issue?), and in fact printed fine for several prints, but then, without any changes in the document, one clip art file is "shifting" a bit only on printing ... it still looks okay in Publisher print preview. Working on Windows XP but with Office 2007 elements, on an HP Deskjet 5150. The printer's preview now shows the print job as it actually comes out with the c...

how to open a notepad directly
hi, I build a mfc dialog application. In that i am trying to open a notepad program when i click a button . for that i used system("notepad.exe"); when the notepad is opening a command prompt window is appearing behind the notepad window. which is not desirable . which function i have to use so that i can call notepad directly. help me urgently. shiva. You can use ShellExecute API to open a notepad. ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "notepad.exe", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOW); If you need control with the notepad you opened you can use CreateProcess API Sreeram s...

Vital web address in registry key
In the knowledgebase article 891317 (Troubleshooting steps for errors on debit card transactions in Retail Management System 1.2, Store Operations) https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KbDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKKQRRUZVRPSSXNSNWPPRZQKKZSPOLMON It says that the web address in the Vital registry key should be "ssl.pgs.wcom.net." but ours says "ssl.pgs.wcom.net/scripts/gateway.dll?Transact" after a fresh install and the hotfix. Does anyone know which is correct? We've JUST started using RMS, and I'm nervous about changing anything until I am pretty sure it...

detect and repair
my outlook 2002 had some hyperlink problems which were corrected when i used the 'detect and repair' option in help. now i have lost my addresses and all the e-mail that was in my inbox. How do i recover these items? Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Mark Conner" <mdconner@prodigy.net> wrote ...

Form pages
Is it possible to have a two page form and only print the first page or second page when needed.? Depending on your design, you should be able to use the File/Print dialog box selection to print 1 of 2, or 2 of 2 pages. But, forms are made for data entry, and viewing... not printing. Better that you develop a rptPageOne and a rptPageTwo and select either for printing from your form. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." &quo...

Arrow Keys
my arrow keys (up down right left) decieded not work only in Excel. What did I turn off? Check whether 'Scroll Lock' is ON -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Terry" wrote: > my arrow keys (up down right left) decieded not work only in Excel. What did > I turn off? ...

SQL 2005\2008 Hashbytes
Hi, Does Hashbytes function in SQL Server (2005/2008) use internal salt key? I have noticed in several posts that it was mentioned but couldnt find the salt key length. Appreciate the help.. Thanks, DBboy888 On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 23:04:38 -0700 (PDT), Doron Baranes <baranesdoron@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Does Hashbytes function in SQL Server (2005/2008) use internal salt >key? >I have noticed in several posts that it was mentioned but couldnt find >the salt key length. > >Appreciate the help.. > >Thanks, >DBboy888 Hi SQL Ser...

Form Buttons Dont work in Acces 2007
Hi All, Woundering if you could help me why my database, i created in access 2003, which works perfectly how i wanted it to, doesnt quite work in Access 2007, the database ive opend in 2007, all works about from the form buttons ive added, i click on them and nothing Happens. Ive also tried converting the database in 2007 format, and that dont seem to still work. Converting the database is not my ideal suggestion as most collegues run Access 2003 and im the only one whos running version 2007. which converting the database, would mean no one else can open it. Is there a simple reason? In ...

Cannot open the DBF created from the SaveAs option of Excel #2
Hi, I have an Excel sheet with 150 columns and 8 rows of data, when I use the SaveAs option under the File menu of Excel with Type DBF4, it creates the dbf file with no errors. But when I try to open the file from VFP, it indictaes the following error and cannot be opened. "Table 'H:\Book11.dbf' has become corrupted. The table will need to be repaired before using again." But if I reduce the width of the columns in the Excel and then save it as a DBF, it is possible to opend the table even with 150 columns from VFP. The limit in VFP is a max. of 254 fields and max. no. of c...

Report based on query with Primary Key
I have main table with a Ref field as primary. This Ref field is related to another Ref filed in a second table. I have a report that is based on a query that contains that primary key. I want the report order to be on a filed other than the primary key. When I change the query I get the desired order, but when I run the report it is ordered by the primary key again. Any ideas what I'm missing? Cheers. Bill Bill wrote: > >I have main table with a Ref field as primary. This Ref field is related to >another Ref filed in a second table. > >I have a report that is b...

CRM should provide multiple Forms per Entity
This will help us position MSCRM as a platform for business applications. It will also enhance the capabilities of CRM in a multi-tennacy out-sourced contact center environment (where the contact center is working for multiple clients and thus has to collect different information per client). Having multiple Forms will allow us to provide each process with the information required for that application. A nice to have would be the opportunity to link a Form to a Role (thus creating the ability to shield information from certain users). -- Richard Fransen Newtel Essence Microsoft CRM Cert...

Show plus sign in form
Hi. I am trying to create a form containing a parent / child relationship. I would like the form contain 2 subforms in datasheet view (the parent table - POSITION - and the child table - CANDIDATE -). This is not a problem. The problem I am having is that I would like the tables to have the plus / minus sign displayed as they do in the table. How can I get the plus / minus sign to be displayed in the form? Thanks. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201003/1 For what purpose? You're describing a "how&qu...