Delete a phantom form

Access 2000, Win XP

in my Visual Basic Editor, I see a form in the upper left pane (Class
Objects) which doesn't seem to exist.

The form's name is ~TMPCLP423541.  I presume it was a place holder for when
I was copying one form to another.  But it never deleted itself.

I do not see it present in my forms, but I can get to it from the Visual
Basic Editor (there is no associated coding, and the form is blank when
brought up).

How do I delete this?  I tried right-click and remove, but that option is
grayed out.

I tried select and delete, but that doesn't do anything either.

Your help is much appreciated.

Try compacting the database.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Allison" <Allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Access 2000, Win XP
>
> in my Visual Basic Editor, I see a form in the upper left pane (Class
> Objects) which doesn't seem to exist.
>
> The form's name is ~TMPCLP423541.  I presume it was a place holder for
> when
> I was copying one form to another.  But it never deleted itself.
>
> I do not see it present in my forms, but I can get to it from the Visual
> Basic Editor (there is no associated coding, and the form is blank when
> brought up).
>
> How do I delete this?  I tried right-click and remove, but that option is
> grayed out.
>
> I tried select and delete, but that doesn't do anything either.
>
> Your help is much appreciated.

0
Douglas
3/5/2008 6:17:08 PM
Allison wrote:

>Access 2000, Win XP
>
>in my Visual Basic Editor, I see a form in the upper left pane (Class
>Objects) which doesn't seem to exist.
>
>The form's name is ~TMPCLP423541.  I presume it was a place holder for when
>I was copying one form to another.  But it never deleted itself.
>
>I do not see it present in my forms, but I can get to it from the Visual
>Basic Editor (there is no associated coding, and the form is blank when
>brought up).
>
>How do I delete this?  I tried right-click and remove, but that option is
>grayed out.
>
>I tried select and delete, but that doesn't do anything either.

Try creating a new, blank mdb file and set all its Tools -
Options as needed.  Then import everything from the problem
mdb file.  In the Import wizard, do not use Select All on
the forms tab, select each form separately.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Allison

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Try compacting the database.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Allison" <Allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Access 2000, Win XP
> >
> > in my Visual Basic Editor, I see a form in the upper left pane (Class
> > Objects) which doesn't seem to exist.
> >
> > The form's name is ~TMPCLP423541.  I presume it was a place holder for
> > when
> > I was copying one form to another.  But it never deleted itself.
> >
> > I do not see it present in my forms, but I can get to it from the Visual
> > Basic Editor (there is no associated coding, and the form is blank when
> > brought up).
> >
> > How do I delete this?  I tried right-click and remove, but that option is
> > grayed out.
> >
> > I tried select and delete, but that doesn't do anything either.
> >
> > Your help is much appreciated.

This worked beautifully!  I also used this tip on another database that was
giving me grief, and it fixed that problem as well.  Thank you very much.

Allison wrote:

>This worked beautifully!  I also used this tip on another database that was
>giving me grief, and it fixed that problem as well.  Thank you very much.
>
>"Marshall Barton" wrote:
>
>> Allison wrote:
>>
>> >Access 2000, Win XP
>> >
>> >in my Visual Basic Editor, I see a form in the upper left pane (Class
>> >Objects) which doesn't seem to exist.
>> >
>> >The form's name is ~TMPCLP423541.  I presume it was a place holder for when
>> >I was copying one form to another.  But it never deleted itself.
>> >
>> >I do not see it present in my forms, but I can get to it from the Visual
>> >Basic Editor (there is no associated coding, and the form is blank when
>> >brought up).
>> >
>> >How do I delete this?  I tried right-click and remove, but that option is
>> >grayed out.
>> >
>> >I tried select and delete, but that doesn't do anything either.
>>

>> Try creating a new, blank mdb file and set all its Tools -
>> Options as needed.  Then import everything from the problem
>> mdb file.  In the Import wizard, do not use Select All on
>> the forms tab, select each form separately.

You're welcome.

Note that the type of corruption that technique can fix is
often caused by editing a form or report while it is open in
some view other than design view.  Try to get into the habit
of **always** switching to design view before editing any
code.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...

Change the default font used on form and report
Hi, Would anyone give me some guide line how to change the default font used in Form and Report in MSAccess 2003. I went thought the tabs in Tools --> Options but none seem to work. I don't like the default font used at present which is MS Sans Serif size 8. I would like to use another font which is bolder and larger sizes. I don't want to change the size and font from the property for every form and report. Is there a way to do it before I create the form and report so that I would save a bit of work ? Thank for your help in advance. Select the text box from the tool b...

How to Link list Box with Form 03-15-08
Greeting, I have a form for entering and search for info. In this form there are text box for search and listbox for showing search results. What I want to do is once search results appear, the user will dbl click on the results he wants and the form fields show the details of that item. I put the following sql in the form control source : SELECT utilizing.* FROM utilizing; And the following sql for list box SELECT utilizing.idn, utilizing.founame, utilizing.proname, utilizing.utilizdate, utilizing.lumpvalue, utilizing.notes FROM utilizing WHERE (((utilizing.founame) Like "*"...

Find/delete text string
Somebody emailed a 1MB workbook with some basic charts and some big pivot tables/charts. I am supposed to remove all mention of the company name, "COMPANY", from the workbook. Normally I wouldn't be afraid - but how can I ensure I remove all references to "COMPANY" from the pivot tables too? thanks in advance, vinnie Vinnie, I don't know whether this does it, but Jan Karel Pietrese's FlexFind utility which you can get at which you can get at http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp/ is probably the most powerful tool for this type of thing. -- HTH Bob Phillips &quo...

Delete Public Folders #2
Hi all; I have no idea how to solve this one: I need to delete some outdated public folders, (exchange2003 on Win2003) but whoever created them removed all client permissions above "Editor", so not only can I not delete them, I can not add anyone to the folder with permissions to do so. I have given myself all permissions in "Admin rights" and "directory permissions", but cannot change anything in "Client Permissions". I have no inherited deny's, as I am Exchange view only admin at the moment, with all non inherited permissions manually added....

Form does not remain sorted alphabetically when re-opened
I'd like to know why my Form does not remain or open in alpha order. I would sort and save it but when I re-open, data is in random order. I've tried to do this with the table thinking it would help. Does anyone have an answer? Thx Sort it in the query that you use as source for the form. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "flygal5" wrote: > I'd like to know why my Form does not remain or open in alpha order. I would > sort and save it but when I re-open, data is in random order. I've tried to > do this with the table thinking it woul...

Why does my form create duplicate records?
I have a form that is based on a query. When I edit a record a new duplicate record is created. Why is this happening? The query is set to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates) TIA Tony Hi Tony, I'm not an expert so my answer may not be as complete or succinct as it might otherwise be. This happens to me when I have a table in a query where there is more than one record linked to the main table. e.g. if there are two addresses for one customer and I use the address table in a query with the invoice table I might get two invocie records instead of one. The way I get around it is by makin...

Changing a form color depending on a variable value
Hello I wish to change the color of a form depending on the value of a variable. If the var "SigOther" [boolean] is true then I want the form to be pink else a light blue. Thanks a lot Tony Where is that "variable"? Is it part of a procedure, or are you referring to a control on the form? If a control on a form, one approach might be to use the AfterUpdate event of that control and set the form's background color to whatever... -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP Disclaimer: This author may have received products and service...

delete old exchange server from AD
Exchange System Manager shows two servers - one of which no longer exists. Now I can't remove the old server, because it does not exist! (I get the error message shown below) Just to be clear: the old exchange server hardware is gone. I cannot uninstall the old exchange server because the hardware is gone. I can't connect to the old exchange server because the hardware is gone. My existing exchange server is still trying to replicate to the old exchange server which no longer exists. Presumably the information is held in Active Directory. How do I tell my Exchange server not...

Administrator Email Account HUGE
On my exchange 2003 server (sp1), enterpeise ed. our Administrator email box is BY FAR the largest in the company. It has over 2 Million Email messages in it. I want to delete all the messages in this mailbox, and clean it out. What is the easiest way to do it (and safest). There is nothing in there that I want to keep. Please Inform. Thank you. -- Network Administrator Simon Paston & Sons Agency Delete mailbox, run mailbox cleanup, purge mailbox, then recreate. Else log in to mailbox and delete messages (would probably take a lot longer). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenpr...

Updating specific record on continuous form
I have a continuous form that is populated by a query I created. I would like to add a button in the details sections of the continuous form that would prompt a popup for the user to edit information specific to the record that was selected. Is there a way to reference the record in which the button pressed? Thank you in advance, Chad On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:04:01 -0700, Chad <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a continuous form that is populated by a query I created. I would like >to add a button in the details sections of the continuous form th...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Delete Business Alert

Form.RecordLocks=EditedRecord: Is it that simple?
Access 2003/Access 11. If I just set the form's .RecordLocks=EditedRecord will that allow other users to edit records in the same block? i.e. Will only the current row be locked - and not the entire block it resides in? Seems too easy..... -) -- PeteCresswell That should be the case if you also check: Open Databases using record-level locking under: Tools | Options | Advanced However, if another user who is not using record-level locking opens the database first, you are back to page-level locking, so you are back to page locking again. Pete, I probably should also menti...

Deleting rows with 0 value in Column X
Hi, I would like to create a macro to delete all rows in my worksheet tha have a 0 value in column X. Any easy instructions, or info on a boo that would point me in the right direction? Thanks, Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A little digging in the google archives and code manipulation and I came up with: Sub DeleteRows() Dim iLastRow As Integer Dim i As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "X").End(xlUp).Row For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1 With Cells(i, 24) If .Value = 0 Then .EntireRow.Delete ...

Bring Up Records Within a Form
Hello All, I am building a maintenance database for heavy equipment. What I have is a form which shows the information about a particular piece of equipment - for example a dump truck. I have broken the form into three tabs: "General Information", "Technical Information", and "Maintenance History". General Information houses make, model, year, etc. - but most importantly, the unit number. Technical information houses tire size, serial number, filter numbers, etc. What happens is that once the unit is entered into the database, it is not changed. But, as main...

Inserting Images in a Form
I am having a hard time inserting images into a form. I set a field in the original table to be an OLE object. Every time I enter a picture to coordinate with a record, it gives me the word "Package" in the field. I have read that Office 2003 does not have Microsoft Photo Editor as did Office 2003 and XP. I, however, do not have either of the earlier versions to reload Editor. I also read that you could install drivers to fix this problem. I went to the Microsoft web site, did the download (which said it was successful) and I still have the problem. Does anyone know a f...

Combining Checkboxes in Word Forms
Hi All, I have a Word template on which there is a group of 3 checkboxes. I would like to prevent users from checking more than one of the group (like an option group). I thought this code might work, but it does only part of the time... If ActiveDocument.FormFields("SectionE1").CheckBox.Value = True Then ActiveDocument.FormFields("SectionE2").CheckBox.Value = False ActiveDocument.FormFields("SectionE3").CheckBox.Value = False ElseIf ActiveDocument.FormFields("SectionE2").CheckBox.Value = True Then ActiveDocument.FormFields(&q...

Many forms for one entity
Is it possible to create (copy already existing) additional form for one entity? The app only supports a single form for each entity. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Valdas Zagorskas" <ValdasZagorskas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F70D166-5844-4262-AAE6-E4CBDAB5070B@microsoft.com... Is it possible to create (copy already existing) additional form for one entity? Is it possible to manage at role level the following properties of the entity’s field: 1. Visible (true/false) 2. ReadOnly (true/false) 3. Required (true/false) ect. "Matt Par...

Recovering deleted items #3
Hi, I am encountering a strange problem. I am trying to recover mails which were deleted permanantly from my mailbox. After editing the registry settings i am able to recover all folders except deleted items. While I click on deleted items folder to recover the items outlook exits. Has anyone come across this problem? Thanks Shilpa hoe many items are in the deleted folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

Opeing Addon form inside Dynamics
Hi Is there any way through which we can open the form developed using visual studio addon tools for microsoft dynamics inside the microsoft dynamics application like we open the forms developed using dexterity inside the dynamics application. Hello Sandeep, I am not a prgrammer yet, i must say it is possible.. I have lead couple of deployments of GP where we have done several VBA on forms or even .exe within GP forms or tool bar. You may please contact one of my colleague on technical side at the following e-mail under reference my name can you definitly help you. toakramicon@rediff...

Print Forms
Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the print layouts or forms in CRM 3.0? For example, when we go on site we like to take a copy of the Case with us for customer approval, I';d liek to add our Logo and a signature line to the Case Print Form. The easiest (and supported) way to do this is to create a custom report that is launched via an ISV button from the case form. There are a lot of good posts on how to do this on this newsgroup, and the SDK will give you insight into creating custom reports. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jclark" wrote...

Form embedded in a email
Hi there I am new to coding and I am getting very confused. I tried looking up the codes for emailing a form to a small group of people and don't know when I should be changing what is in the code. The form is to be embedded in the email rather than sent as an attachment. Can someone tell me the coding for this, and put in-- different font style or colour where I would have to change the names to what matches in my database. Another thing I need to know is with the coding-- does it go to outlook and look up the email addresses there or do I create a table with email address ...

OWA deleting Public Folder Store
Hi I am trying to delete the Public Folder Store on my owa server but when i try to "Move All Replicas" ready to delete the store i received the below errors. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXAdmin Event Category: (14) Event ID: 9175 The following information is part of the event: OpenMsgStore, The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000. Figured this might be because i had deleted the mailbox store first so i have now created a new mailbox stor...