Date in VBA Problem ?

i have a problem ; how to solve that first let give you the table structure
that i have
1) [Sno] number
2) [item]  Text
3) [Price]  number
4) [Date]  Date/time

so i want to have a coding on a button on FORM such as

Private Sub Command4_Click()
With Form_Form1.Recordset
..MoveFirst
While (Not .EOF)
If (Form_Form1.item = "apple") Then
Form_Form1.price = 100
End If
..MoveNext
Wend
End With

End Sub

so the above coding do work and give the desire result  [Price] 100 for
[tem] Apple
 but i want to how to change the item price for a specific date item to 200

or

how to change today's date item  apple price to 200
thanks

hope u got i

Why not use a query to effect the changes?  Have you played with the query
builder?

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
7/9/2007 11:08:01 AM
i need to know first the VBA Coding

second option would be the querry so teach me the querry option to make the
changes how to do that ............

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Why not use a query to effect the changes?  Have you played with the query
> builder?
>
> Naveed Pathan wrote:
> >i have a problem ; how to solve that first let give you the table structure
> >that i have
> >1) [Sno] number
> >2) [item]  Text
> >3) [Price]  number
> >4) [Date]  Date/time
> >
> >so i want to have a coding on a button on FORM such as
> >
> >Private Sub Command4_Click()
> >With Form_Form1.Recordset
> >.MoveFirst
> >While (Not .EOF)
> >If (Form_Form1.item = "apple") Then
> >Form_Form1.price = 100
> >End If
> >.MoveNext
> >Wend
> >End With
> >
> >End Sub
> >
> >so the above coding do work and give the desire result  [Price] 100 for
> >[tem] Apple
> > but i want to how to change the item price for a specific date item to 200
> >
> >or
> >
> >how to change today's date item  apple price to 200
> >thanks
> >
> >hope u got i
>
> --
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Hi Naveed,
Start with a select query and see if you can pull the records you want by
putting criteria in certain fields.  Once you get the results you want then
change the query to an Update query.  The point is you need to *play* with a
select query until you get it right.

Are you taking a class?  Is this some course work?

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
7/9/2007 11:24:53 AM
thanks for the select querry to update

but do u know plz how to do that in VBA

i guess tha is simple but i don't know that how to do

thanks

"ruralguy via  AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi Naveed,
> Start with a select query and see if you can pull the records you want by
> putting criteria in certain fields.  Once you get the results you want then
> change the query to an Update query.  The point is you need to *play* with a
> select query until you get it right.
>
> Are you taking a class?  Is this some course work?
>
> Naveed Pathan wrote:
> >i need to know first the VBA Coding
> >
> >second option would be the querry so teach me the querry option to make the
> >changes how to do that ............
> >
> >> Why not use a query to effect the changes?  Have you played with the query
> >> builder?
> >[quoted text clipped - 32 lines]

> --
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

If .item = "apple" AND .DateField = #07/08/2007# Then

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
7/9/2007 1:41:14 PM
Folks, One of the Access(SQL commandments is:
"THOU SHALT NOT USE A RESERVED WORD AS A FIELD NAME!"
I believe that Date is probably the most misused reserved word.
Change [Date] and see what happens.  Even if this doesn't fix your problem
you've got a clean slate from which to work on the real problem.

Naveed Pathan wrote:
>i have a problem ; how to solve that first let give you the table structure
>that i have
>1) [Sno] number
>2) [item]  Text
>3) [Price]  number
>4) [Date]  Date/time
>
>so i want to have a coding on a button on FORM such as
>
>Private Sub Command4_Click()
>With Form_Form1.Recordset
>.MoveFirst
>While (Not .EOF)
>If (Form_Form1.item = "apple") Then
>Form_Form1.price = 100
>End If
>.MoveNext
>Wend
>End With
>
>End Sub
>
>so the above coding do work and give the desire result  [Price] 100 for
>[tem] Apple
> but i want to how to change the item price for a specific date item to 200
>
>or
>
>how to change today's date item  apple price to 200
>thanks
>
>hope u got i

jahoobob

Excel 2002 print problem
Excel 2002 rearanges cells and rows when iI print deos any one know why and how to fix it these are spread sheets created in other computers I am using a tablet pc ...

filter by date and action

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

problems in outlook 2000
I had to have my hard drive reformatted 2 days ago. I work in OL 2000, internet only, in win 98 SE. My emails arrive in any order, whether I ask in the bar to get them ascending or descending, I get the same ones at the top, they arrive mainly by name, but not always, they are sometimes mixed. Can you tell me what happens ? Thanks ...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

IMO Accounts problem
My wife and I share the same Outlook IMO account. By that I mean there are two accounts sharing one PST file. This works for us because we want to keep our email, schedules, etc. all in one location. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP1 with Outlook 2000 SR1. I have only two Windows profiles, mine and an admin one that is rarely used. Everyday usage takes place on my profile which is set up as the default profile. Here's the problem: The two accounts, mine and my wife's both use the same PST file and sometimes OL sends the mail with my address in the From field and sometimes it's sent...

Problem with recent Drop Down List Code
I recently got this code from Bob and just today tested the check boxes Problem is when I try to check any box beyond the first column, it wil automatically check the box in the first column only. Here is the code. Sub SelectSheets() Dim i As Long Dim iRows As Long Dim TopPos As Long Dim LeftPos As Long Dim SheetCount As Long Dim cMaxLetters As Long Dim cLeftWidth As Long Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim CurrentSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Dim fInclude As Boolean Dim arySheets Application.ScreenUpdating = False ReDim arySheets(0) ' Check for protected workbook If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectStruc...

Post Dated Checks

Header Problems
I am using word 2003 On the 4th page and section 2 of a 22 page document, I created a header that I want on all of the following pages. But it is also appearing on the first page that I had checked as "different first page", but does not appear on pages 2 or 3. How can I get it off of page 1? What am I doing wrong? I have never had this problem before when I have created the whole document. But I am working on someone else's document trying to straighten out their header problems. Can anyone help me??? Aurora I'm not sure I'm reading your descripti...

Sharing problem
I want to share my file with another, when I select sharing from the settings page, it goes to the sharing page, but then I only see the animated arrows, and the done button, but no place to put the email address. Can anyone help with this problem? Thank you, --Tom ...

strange date format problem

data migration wizard problem
Hello there I try to import account into crm 3.0 by dmf and it doesnt seems to work. Here is insert I am using to populate cdf (under) as accountid i use (1,2,3 ... ) as owning user name (my domain\login) wizard runs and ..... writes that all records are not migrated from cdf... log doesnt show any errors .. please help tell me what is required because i have done all that is in mapping description. INSERT INTO cdf_mscrm..cdf_Account ( AccountID ,AccountNumber ,Name ,PrimaryContactName ,Telephone1 ,Telephone2 ,Address1_Telephone1 ,Fax ,Ad...

How to sort by name then date?

Mouse problem
One of my computers at work has stopped allowing Excel to function. It opens a workbook but when you select a cell it simply highlights the cell without allowing input. If you then move the mouse it simply extends the highlighted area, which is the same behaviour you normally get if you switch from mouse left to mouse right after selecting a cell. But in this case I cannot get normal left mouse operation. The mouse operates normally with other software and we have reinstalled the mouse driver. The only solution is to crash out. Any ideas? You could try downloading and installing...

Excel 2003 - VBA
How do I check a cell to see if there is a #N/A or #REF in a VBA routine? Craig Use the IsError() function with a cell reference inside the parentheses, such as IsError(Range("A1")) Cell Error Values You can insert a cell error value into a cell or test the value of a cell for an error value by using the CVErr function. The cell error values can be one of the following XlCVError constants. Constant Error number Cell error value xlErrDiv0 2007 #DIV/0! xlErrNA 2042 #N/A xlErrName 2029 #NAME? xlErrNull 2000 #NULL! xlErrNum 2036 #NUM! xlE...

Multiple Accounts problem
I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates. When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2 are functioning. In other words, when I have a functioning 1. Me@what.com 2. you@what.com and I go to add a third account: 3. who@what .com It will not send/receive from this 3rd account. If I erase one of the original accounts, the new one WILL work. Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up at the same time. I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than once. Any suggestions? Anyone seen...

if statement with dates #2

Email Template Problem
Hi, I'm having an issue with using email templates. When I try using them, the messages are sent just fine, except that the Greeting in the message contains my name (the sender) instead of the name of the person the email is going to. This happens on the built in templates that came with CRM as well as some that I have created. For example....I'm Dan, and if I send a message to Joe using a template, Joe would see something like this: Dear Dan, Welcome to CRM....blah blah blah. Sincerely, Dan The field that is auto populated after "Dear" is this: {!User:First Nam...

cannot add modal dialog box to VBA
Hello: I'm trying the add to VBA the dialog box that pops up when an end user clicks the Delete button in the Payables Transaction Entry window in GP 9.0. I am trying to do so by clicking the Ctrl+F11 keys. This is the standard way of adding a modal box to VBA. But, when I next click Shift+F11 to add the Delete button, nothing happens. In other words, GP is adding neither the dialog box nor the Delete button to VBA. I have done this successfully before in prior versions of GP. But, I cannot get this to be successful here. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! childofthe1980s &quo...

How to write networking code in VBA?
I am quite familiar with BSD networking API. But I don't know the first thing about network programming in VBA. I've done a Google search, and I will continue to do so. But so far, I have not found a concrete example (that I can access). I would very much appreciate some hand-holding. Here is what I want to do in a macro. It's really very rudimentary. on error goto done connect(TCP) to ipAddress:portNumber for each line (read from a file or otherwise provided by the macro) send line (terminated by \r\n on the wire) recv response (one line terminated by \r...

Counting Dates?

443 routing problems
Hi, We have our e-mail working fine through our Local Education Network. Our mail A records point to the LEA mail forwarding server and mail arrives here before being forwarded on the WAN to our Exchange 2003 mail server (which was installed today). So our mail domain yggwyr.swansea.sch.uk both accepts and sends e-mail without any problems. The LEA will not allow us access on Port 443 to our Exchange server. The politics behind this are not for here, but to combat this we had a seperate ADSL line installed and we now use our Netgear router to forward port 443 to the Exchange server - ...