Datasheet Font

In Access Options one can set the Datasheet font. This applies
to new forms with a datasheet and not existing Datasheets.
Any way to set the font on existing Datasheets?
I'm using AC 2007 with split forms.

Thanks,
James
0
JamesJ

I don't run 2007, but a datatsheet form is pretty simple and quick to create
in other versions. You use the forms wizard, assign the fields you want, and
the form is created. Can't you change the Datasheet font to your choice in
Options, then use the wizard to recreate the datasheet forms? You're talking
about less than a minute a form.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
2/23/2008 10:30:54 PM
There is much code in my split forms (the little I do). It would take
a while to recreate. Unless there's some code I can run at runtime.

James

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
>I don't run 2007, but a datatsheet form is pretty simple and quick to
>create
> in other versions. You use the forms wizard, assign the fields you want,
> and
> the form is created. Can't you change the Datasheet font to your choice in
> Options, then use the wizard to recreate the datasheet forms? You're
> talking
> about less than a minute a form.
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

JamesJ
2/23/2008 10:50:28 PM
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:51:01 -0500, JamesJ wrote:

> In Access Options one can set the Datasheet font. This applies
> to new forms with a datasheet and not existing Datasheets.
> Any way to set the font on existing Datasheets?
> I'm using AC 2007 with split forms.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Open the form (in Datasheet View).
Select any cell.
Click on Format + Font

You can change the Fontname , fontsize, fontcolor, etc.

Any change affects the entire datasheet, not just that one cell.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

James

"fredg" <fgutkind@example.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:51:01 -0500, JamesJ wrote:
>
>> In Access Options one can set the Datasheet font. This applies
>> to new forms with a datasheet and not existing Datasheets.
>> Any way to set the font on existing Datasheets?
>> I'm using AC 2007 with split forms.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>
> Open the form (in Datasheet View).
> Select any cell.
> Click on Format + Font
>
> You can change the Fontname , fontsize, fontcolor, etc.
>
> Any change affects the entire datasheet, not just that one cell.
>
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

0
JamesJ
2/23/2008 11:46:53 PM
I've been trolling thru the 5 forums I frequent looking for this thread again
because I just came on this elsewhere:

   Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial"
End Sub

Just make sure you replace the "Arial" with a valid font name that you have
available. And remember, if this app is distributed, the other PCs have to
have it available also, or Access will revert to the default for that machine,
which could have some untoward effects.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Adding by Font Color
OK I went into cpearson.com and copied the syntax for adding font by color in excel using vb I tried to enter it into a macro but i think i'm screwing up i went to the website with the instructions but i'm a moron and i'm not getting this am i suppose to be changing the syntax somehow or am i saving or entering the macro wrong all i know is when i enter the formula =sumbycolor(a1:e12,3,false) i'm either getting value? or a zero :( please help me -- onyx4813 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ onyx4813's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

Datasheet Font
In Access Options one can set the Datasheet font. This applies to new forms with a datasheet and not existing Datasheets. Any way to set the font on existing Datasheets? I'm using AC 2007 with split forms. Thanks, James I don't run 2007, but a datatsheet form is pretty simple and quick to create in other versions. You use the forms wizard, assign the fields you want, and the form is created. Can't you change the Datasheet font to your choice in Options, then use the wizard to recreate the datasheet forms? You're talking about less than a minute a form. -- There's ALWAYS...

CJK font files preview tool?
Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install the font first? In article <ew0Xe3lgKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, James wrote: > Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install > the font first? One trick I know of: If you doubleclick any font, installed or not, you'll see a preview, but it only includes the roman character set, so won't give you an idea what the CJK characters look like. But when you preview the font like this, Windows stealthily installs it (temporarily) behind the scenes. ...

Datasheet Form
Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can=B4t put more than one line of data. What can I do? Thanks Andr=E9. Can you use a continuous form instead? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:1185792638.118651.14560@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can�t put more than one line of ...

change font size of first character
I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user enters the text in upper case. The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is: With ActiveDocument For intLoop1 = 1 To 10 .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBef...

default fonts
Does anyone if the default fonts can be chaged permanently in Publisher. I never work with Times New Roman so would prefer to use Arial. Each time Publisher is started, the font changes back to TNR -- Simon On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:42:27 +0000, Simon wrote (in article <52651D6D-EA95-4B0D-B52F-CD9C948F242C@microsoft.com>): > Does anyone if the default fonts can be chaged permanently in Publisher. I > never work with Times New Roman so would prefer to use Arial. Each time > Publisher is started, the font changes back to TNR > <SIGH> And the version would be...?...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

[Money2007] Cleared or Reconcilied and other font problem
Hello, what does they mean? What's the difference? Another question: in my Working budget I see strange characters (like squaes in the values of column % of income. Does anybody has this problem? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Pippo wrote: >Hello, >what does they mean? > >What's the difference? Cleared means that the bank has that transaction recognize, such as a check having cleared. Reconciled means that you have checked that the cleared transactions add up to what the bank thinks they have added up to. Those were not "official" but just my rough des...

abnormal font
i use excel2000 sp3. i have situation that the font size value seems to look like 40 although it appears as 12 in the function window. when i change from 12 to 11, it shows the correct size. although, when i preserved and closed and then re-opened, again the character looks like 40 which as a result the excel file looks like a mess. is this a bug? or what patches are available? A few years ago, a coworker had the same trouble. Our ITS department installed a new driver for his video card and all was well. Maybe.... hal9000 wrote: > > i use excel2000 sp3. > i have situation t...

Changing font in Textbox
I have a multiline textbox where I am trying to align text. How can I change the font to something like Courrier New so that I have equi-spaced letters and my text lines up ? Thanks, Ike Create the Font you need and call the SetFont(...) API for the edit control (textbox) "Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2rNQc.13064$Jp6.4650@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I have a multiline textbox where I am trying to align text. How can I change > the font to something like Courrier New so that I have equi-spaced letters > and my text lines up ? Thanks, Ike ...

Datasheets
Hi, A couple of questions on datasheets, if I may. 1. Is there any way to have column header names over two or more lines? 2. Is it possible when a cell is selected (Clicked, or double clicked for example) to determine the cell position? The second question is to superimpose a control over the selected cell to allow edits. I am displaying a crosstab query on a datasheet form, but need to edit cell contents. My plan is to overlay a control on the selected cell, then programatically make the necessary updates to the underlying table directly from code. I'm happy enough with the ge...

Count if font color..
Can excel sum certain cells according to font color? i.e. cash back expenses listed in red - summed to cell E4 credit card purchases listed in blue - sum to cell F4 the user manipulates the font color during input. But all values are listed in a Mon-Fri G1-K1 area See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Murph" <Murph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6D86E12-5C9D-4F35-A090-7377D9A1AE84@microsoft.com... > Can excel sum certain cells according to font color? >...

bold font for lotus notes email
I am using the following code in Access 2003 to send an email in Lotus notes. I want to bold some text, does anyone know how I can amend this code to allow for some bold text? Public Sub SendQtrNotesMail(Subject As String, Recipient As String, WL As String, SQA As String, _ DC As String, ADR As String, TDR As String, SafetyNote As String, QualityNote As String, _ ProdNote As String, SaveIt As Boolean) 'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes Dim Maildb As Object 'The mail database Dim UserName As String 'The current users notes name Dim...

Application Specific Font ?
Hi guys, If I want my program to use a specific .TTF font that I include with the installation do I still have to install it in the windows/fonts directory ? Is there a way I can create the HFONT (CFont) directly from the font file I've provided ? Maybe I can include it in my resource file, like I would include a bitmap ? Otherwise I guess I have to enumerate the installed fonts to see if it's already there, and if not install it, and then remove it when my program exits (or leave it there). Any information on this would be appreciated. Take care, Robert A. Look into AddFontReso...

Extra Fonts
I'm trying to open a file with certain embedded fonts that my system does not have. The letters are showing up as blocks..... I cannot find these four fonts: paintstroke elegance Oliveoil Braddon Have you chosen the option to substitute them? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAFF0684-461D-439E-B341-ED138A5B0407@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to open a file with certain embedded ...

floating datasheet
I dont see the floating datasheet with charts in Excel 2000. I have user who has created a chart and wants to hide/remove data and add more data to the chart without recreating the chart each time. Can someone help please? Mary - The floating data sheet is part of MS Graph, the watered down charting utility that makes the default chart types in other Office apps, like PowerPoint and Word. Excel's charts deal directly with data in the worksheets. You can manipulate the worksheet data range to change what the charts are plotting. If there are some specific problems the user is hav...

embedding fonts in email
I have some fonts on my computer that I want displayed properly in my emails. Does anyone know how to embed them properly so they will appear correctly on anyone's computer? I know with html you have to make a font file, but since this isn't a webpage i didn't want to load such a file into the email. Thanks, i would appreciate any suggestions Elliot ...

When opening MS Ofc apps
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Use Font Agent Pro but haven't had this happen to other versions of Mac OS. Takes too long and not <br> needed. Supposed to auto activate only the needed font(s). Doesn't happen on another mac with 10.5 Word draws its fonts from a Font Cache it creates on first launch, and maintains on each launch thereafter. This results in a speed improvement. Using font managers that auto-activate fonts means fonts are coming or going while the system runs, which invalidates the font cache and causes it to re...

Outlook 2003 font ?
Is it possible to change the font of the "Outlook Today" Folder? XYZ man Doubtful. It's a HTML file embedded in a resource DLL. -- Josh Einstein / Tablet PC MVP Einstein Technologies, LLC ----------------------------------------------------- Tablet Enhancements for Outlook 3.0 Now Available Unleash the potential of Outlook on your Tablet PC, Origami, or UMPC. Try it for 15 days - http://www.tabletoutlook.com/Go.ashx?id=ng "XYZ man" <xyzman@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uTadLFjyGHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change the font of ...

Easier Way of Combining Fonts?
In my job, I create inspect reports where I combine fonts within a single cell in Excel. I can do this manualy by changing the font but it is very slow. In Word I can make a simple macro that changes the font as I need and another macro to change the font back. I cannot do this in Excel. Does someone know of a quick way to accomplish the combining of fonts? Thanks in advance. In order to write a macro to do something, you would have to describe how exactly something is to be identified and changed. You might get an idea from the following macros at the following locations: http://w...

printing and font changes in Excell
I have a couple of people at my job that are having issues with Excell sence last thursday. anything that they try to do it will lock up it wont print nor will it make any changes what happened last thursday ... it sounds like a network / new printer / new server / new document management program / update to the virus scanner etc etc type problem rather than an excel problem ... can you open / print / make changes to the workbooks they can't. do these workbooks have macros in them? do the macros run? these are the things that you'll have to investigate. Cheers JulieD "...

How can my font be a dashed or dotted character?
I'm trying to type the word OBEY but need it to be either dashed or dotted so my kids can trace this or connect the dots. Can this be done or Word or Publisher? Jill wrote: > I'm trying to type the word OBEY but need it to be either dashed or > dotted so my kids can trace this or connect the dots. Can this be > done or Word or Publisher? Not unless you have a font that has characters already in the format I use D'Nealian (sp?) but it isn't free. I have it somewhere (I don't have it installed at the moment) you could try asking in alt.binaries.fonts. -- Fa...

Datasheet View and Runtime
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAB563.2A9A3760 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I would like to be able to switch between Form and Datasheet view in Runtime. I can add a command button to switch to Datasheet view but then I cannot get back (without closing the form) since there no Header/Footer display in Runtime and the right click does not work. Any suggestions? Thanks, J ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAB563.2A9A3760 Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Con...

Default font for PowerPoint slide
PowerPoint Office 2001, Mac OS 9.1 Is there a way to set a default font so that every time I choose a blank presentation from the options shown in the "new slide" box that appears, the default text font and its various attributes will be as I want them -- say, Arial 24 pt. Right now every time I open a new blank slide, the default text font is Times 24 pt. How did it get to be that? Thanks for your patience - you can see that I don't use PP very much. :-/ I've also posted this to the microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint group. -- -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.c...

Datasheet question again
Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? Thanks Sorry, did not mean to. "Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED8F7461-1F27-4F39-9464-AF2F6D8157AC@microsoft.com... > Sorry Maurice and Joan - just noticed you had already answered this > question. > > Phile it's not really a good idea to ask the same question but with a > different header. > > -- > Wayne > Manchester, England. > > > > "Phil Hunt" wrote: > >> Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet ...