Data Entry = No

Hello,
Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a form
called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to the
local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For some
reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry"
attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry" attribute and via
using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I  need to access the same
form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you also
type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets
the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?

Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()

    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
    stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
    Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False

End Sub

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Iram/mcp

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:27:54 -0700, Iram <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a form
>called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to the
>local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For some
>reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry"
>attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
>above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry" attribute and via
>using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I  need to access the same
>form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you also
>type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets
>the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?

If the form is used (at least occasionally) both to enter new records and to
edit existing ones, you might want to consider saving it with the DataEntry
property set to NO; and instead simply have it navigate to  the new record
when it's opened. This gives you the best of both; a user opening the form
will see a blank new record ready for entry, but will still have the option to
navigate to an older record. The switchboard needn't be involved at all.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Are you still willing to help me with my endeavor?

Thanks.
Iram

=?Utf-8?B?SXJhbQ==?= <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hello,
> Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to
> open a form called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match
> the Record ID to the local form's Record ID, then make the "Data
> Entry" attribute = No. For some reason it is not working
> correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry" attribute =
> No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
> above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry"
> attribute and via using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now
> I  need to access the same form to modify records. Can you help me
> fix the below vba and could you also type up vba for me to put on
> the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets the "Data Entry"
> setting back = Yes?
>
> Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
>     Dim stDocName As String
>     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
>     stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
>     DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>     stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
>     Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False
>
> End Sub
>

> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Iram/mcp

Go to Access help and look up the options available for the openform
method of the docmd object.

In your example above, stLinkCriteria must be before the Docmd
statement

One of the parameters which you have left blank determines whether
the form opens ,
docmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal,, stLinkCriteria ,acFormEdit, _
acWindowNormal

0
Bob
6/6/2010 12:20:52 PM
Iram wrote:

> Hello,
> Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a
> form called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to
> the local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For
> some reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the
> "Data Entry" attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form.
> The said form above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry"
> attribute and via
> using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I  need to access the same
> form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you
> also type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the
> vba sets the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?
>
> Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
>     Dim stDocName As String
>     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
>     stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
>     DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>     stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
>     Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False
>
> End Sub

You need to set the value of stLnkCriteria *before* you use it.  And with a
WHERE clause you don't need to mess with the DataEntry property at all.

 Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()

     Dim stDocName As String
     Dim stLinkCriteria As String

     stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
     stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
     DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

 End Sub

0
Rick
6/6/2010 12:24:32 PM
The vba is good for now as far as changing the form to Data Entry to Yes,
however the RecordID is not = RecordID on the form that is opening. If there
is nothing wrong with the vba below then it must be a problem somewhere else.
Can you take another look?

On Jun 6, 11:17=A0am, Iram <I...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> The vba is good for now as far as changing the form to Data Entry to Yes,
> however the RecordID is not =3D RecordID on the form that is opening. If =
there
> is nothing wrong with the vba below then it must be a problem somewhere e=
lse.
> Can you take another look?
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0Dim stDocName As String
> =A0 =A0 =A0Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0stDocName =3D "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
> =A0 =A0 =A0stLinkCriteria =3D "[RecordID]=3D" & Me![RecordID]
> =A0 =A0 =A0DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
> =A0 =A0 =A0Forms(stDocName).DataEntry =3D False
>
> End Sub
>
> Thanks.
> Iram
>
> "Rick Brandt" wrote:
> > Iram wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
> > > Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open=
> > > form called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record =
ID to
> > > the local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute =3D =
No. For
> > > some reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the
> > > "Data Entry" attribute =3D No, so that I can modify the data on that =
form.
> > > The said form above is usually used to add records using the "Data En=
try"
> > > attribute and via
> > > using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I =A0need to access t=
he same
> > > form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could y=
ou
> > > also type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that =
the
> > > vba sets the "Data Entry" setting back =3D Yes?
>
> > > Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
> > > =A0 =A0 Dim stDocName As String
> > > =A0 =A0 Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> > > =A0 =A0 stDocName =3D "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
> > > =A0 =A0 DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
> > > =A0 =A0 stLinkCriteria =3D "[RecordID]=3D" & Me![RecordID]
> > > =A0 =A0 Forms(stDocName).DataEntry =3D False
>
> > > End Sub
>
> > You need to set the value of stLnkCriteria *before* you use it. =A0And =
with a
> > WHERE clause you don't need to mess with the DataEntry property at all.
>
> > =A0Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0Dim stDocName As String
> > =A0 =A0 =A0Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0stDocName =3D "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0stLinkCriteria =3D "[RecordID]=3D" & Me![RecordID]
> > =A0 =A0 =A0DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>
> > =A0End Sub
>
> > .

wow.  Didn't they just tell you that it's the OpenForm that's wrong?
One of the arguments of the OpenForm method is which mode to open the
form in - edit/add/read only... and you didn't pick one.  If you
don't, it defaults to read/write.

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , , acFormReadOnly, acWindowNormal

It's just amazing what you can do if you actually start typing the
code ... IntelliSense actually gives you all the arguments you need...
you just have to pick them.  Try scraping the cobwebs outta your head
and using it....

0
Piet

Calendar Entry, invite one person everyone gets invited.
Hi All I have an issue with a client of ours, Where if they invite a particular single user to a calendar entry as an attendee the invite is sent out to all staff. They are running SBS 2003 Premium with ISA 2000 (not sp1) Check how delegation of the particular user calendar was made: in Outlook: tools > options > delegates and uncheck "Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me". Xavier "Fisheye" <support@fisheye.nospam.co.nz> wrote in message news:ekECrO6SGHA.4452@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > I have an issue with...

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...

Validation in Data/Form
Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught Data/Form which was created default by excel?? Hi have you tried 'Data - Validation'. If this does not work you have to create your own userform >-----Original Message----- >Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught >Data/Form which was created default by excel?? > > >. > Data Validation only affects entries that are typed into a cell. You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display...

Notes Domino data to Exchange?
Notes Domino data to Exchange? I have a brand new Exchange 2003 server with no data, completely fresh. It is up and running fine. The client has an old Notes Domino 5.0.8 server with NSF databases all over it. We did NOT migrate anything, it is just a new Exchange server. Is there some way to get some of these NSF databases moved to this new Exchange server? (Thye are not part of the same Active Directory. I am wondering if there is a way to export these Notes mailboxes and databases to something that could get converted to a PST file or something and then get imported. Any ide...

Compare Data
Hello Everyone, I have the following problem. I have two different database on the same server, each one with a dif name of course, except they have the exact same tables and basically the same data. In some tables there are a few rows of data that are different from each other. For example, in the clients table (db1.table1.cl) the numeration started from 234 to 3734 but in the other database the clients table the numeration started from 0 to 3500. Note that they are the exact same clients and the exact amount of clients in each database clients table. The second database is a n...

Data File Not Closing Properly
This has undoubtedly been brought up before, but I can't find the thread. Why am I consistently getting a message that my data file didn't close properly and has to be rechecked when opening Outlook 2007? ...

How to import ical data to entourage?
How to import ical data to entourage? Using any 3rd party free tool? Built in import/export doesn't work for calx What version of Entourage are you using? If you have Entourage 2004 or Entourage 2008, make sure that you've applied the latest updates by going to Help > Check for Updates. Once you've done that, go to Entourage > Preferences. Under "Sync Services", make sure that the option to option to "Synchronize events�" is checked, and click OK. Then, data in iCal should be imported to Entourage. This is actually a synchronization, so you may be p...