Creating a word2000 document with access 2000 data

I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info.
address and dates and timesof appointments.  I need to place a button
on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and
the date & time entered in the database.  Anyone have any clues as to
the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not
what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff
can just double check and press print.  Any help would be appreciated
even just a point in the right direction to a good source of
information.

0
peter

to see if the following website's offering can help you, go to
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html
and scroll down to
Super Easy Word Merge

hth

<peter.pxpress@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info.
> address and dates and timesof appointments.  I need to place a button
> on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and
> the date & time entered in the database.  Anyone have any clues as to
> the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not
> what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff
> can just double check and press print.  Any help would be appreciated
> even just a point in the right direction to a good source of
> information.

0
tina

Automatic Appling AR documents
- I'm looking for a routine that can be scheduled to run through all unapplied payments and auto-apply them for all customers within a GP10 Company. Any/all assistance is appreciated. Thanks Jon Jon, I believe the Microsoft Professional Services team has a tool for sale that will do this. Your GP Partner should be able to help you with details and pricing on this. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "JColesby" <jcolesby@gmail.com>...

Outlook 2000 #176
Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? "JMARA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bbd01c470a2$9cfee5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? www.google.com - you'll find THOUSANDS of hits about this. ...

Attach Rows with Row Data
I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a Column, but if I sort by Date/Time, Just that changes, the other columns don't change with it. How can I either LOCK or ATTACH the Rpw data together so when I sort, Everything changes, not just the Date/Time? Thanks Mike Miller Hi just select the entire data range (all columns) prior to sorting your data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Admiral_Kirk_1" <Admiral_Kirk_1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BAFA6FEE-04C3-4AFB-9FA6-CFF7A41224C9@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a ...

create a roster

Generating a document from Opportunity
Opportunities for us are the center of the sales cycle. What is the "best practices" solution to create a document that is launched from an Opportunity that pulls in the relevant data of the Company name and address, and stock and custom Opportunity fields? In a perfect world it would automatically post an activity in the Opp's history and attach the said merged document to that activity. Any thoughts or direction, much appreciated. Rich Scott Hi, Richard. I have the same question. I actually wonder what are the "best practices" for creating a document from a...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

VLookup in other document
Here is my problem. Please help I have two documents A and B. In document A I have a table existing of codes and descriptions Range A1: B100 Column A contains codes, Column B contains descriptions In document B I want to lookup the description for a given code. I have a cell C10 containing the code and a cell C11 containing a formula =VLOOKUP(A1;'K:\Douane\Regressie\[RTScenario.xls]FxP'!$A$1:$B200;2) Till so far it works !! But I use this formula many times in my excel sheet and in many Excel documents, so if Ithe lokation of document A changes, I have to change all the for...

Exchange 2000/2003 Public Folder item Permissions Problem
Hi all, I've been having an issue with Public Folder permissions for some time now. The folder contains contacts for all company employees (most of which aren't on the company network), and is maintained by HR. Brief history is: Had Exchange 2000 on Win Server 2000, and a previous administrator modified public folder permissions on the M drive in explorer (a no-no). This resulted in the ESM "Invalid window handle" error. Managed fix these by following KB 270905 (permissions nuke), and deleting and re-creating the public folder. The latter was a problem, as most users were ...

Task Create - Status

ms ACCESS 97 error 2645
The error occurs at: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Function CalcRate(frm As Form) Dim Mydb As Database, Myset As Recordset, Cd As String, Intrp As String Dim IRR As Currency, IAHR As Currency, ITR As Currency, Strcriteriaint As String Set Mydb = CurrentDb Set Myset = Mydb.OpenRecordset("LangRate", DB_OPEN_DYNASET) >>>>> Cd = frm.Lang_C <<<<<<<<< The exact error is : Run-Time Error 2465 Application-defined or object-defined error See whether using Cd = frm!Lang_C is any better. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

Access Denied error while edit some of the GPOs in Windows 2003 AD
Hi We are unable to edit some of the GPOs (Default Domain Policy, etc) and getting Access Denied error. We checked the permission of SYSVOL folder and found Administrators (Domain), System and Authenticated Users have full control share permissions. Full access has been provided to Administrators, creator owner & System and read & execute permission has been provided to Authenticated users in Security tab. Can anyone help me to resolve the issue and also any doc is available to check the correct permissions with SYSVOL. Thanks in advance for help Regards Lal -...

How to enter a colour in a cell & not data ?
I have a sheet where i have a combo box function on various cells. In these cells there values, 60, 601. These represent in house functions. I want to input this data into another part of the sheet 601=red 61=blue and so on 62 620 621 622 Within the combo box i want the data as well as its colour but i only want the colour to used elsewhere on the sheet. ...

Accesing an Access Databse from Excel
Please, how can I access an Access database through ODBC from VBA. Where an I find the documentation needed. Best regards, Alexandru TUDOSE First, you don't necessarily need to use VBA to bring data into Excel from a database, whether from Access or another DBMS. Two easy ways are to use a pivot table (Data, PivotTable and PivotChart Report, and specify External Data Source in the wizard's first step; then, follow the prompts), or Data | Import External Data | New Database Query. Some of these menu items will differ according to the version of Excel you're using. The pivot t...

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

How to create pie chart with %

How can I use strikethrough in a Publisher 2007 document?
I want to use strikethrough on some text within a textbox in a Publisher 2007 document, but I cannot find that option under formatting font. Under the Edit tab, I see "Edit Story Using Microsoft Word" and this takes me to a screen where I can get at the MSWord strikethrough formatting, but when I close that window, the strikethrough disappears. The only way to have strikethrough in Publisher is to select the line tool and draw a line through the text. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49640...

Outlook 2000 Inbox not displaying contents.
I run Outlook 2000 on XP Home. I get a message "Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings......\outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications and then use the inbox repair tool." When I run the inbox repair tool it goes through to phase 7 or 8 and then says I need to run SCANDISK. I have run the disk checker tool and also ran CHKDSK after a re-boot. I ca copy the contents to another folder and view them fine, just can't view the default Inbox. Could I delete Outlook, re-install and correct my problem? Is there an ...

Newbie: Return a xml-document to client
Hi I have a webservice that generates a xmldocument when you call it either from a .aspx-site or with http-GET. eg. http://...ws.asmx/method?arg1&arg2 I now want to present this xmldocument for the user i his/her webclient (eg Internet Explorer). I cannot return the xml-document as a dataset since " The same table (ContactAddress) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. at System.Data.DataRelation.CheckNestedRelations() " A problem with the datasets. Hence my xmldocument isn�t compatible with a dataset. My question is how i should solve this problem. I can retur...

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...