Controlling Navigation Pane from a form

Hi
In my Access 2007 application I provide a number of buttons for users
to control what they see on the screen. My users go back and forth between
the initial 'switchboard' type of form (as a frontend interface) and the
actual tables and queries that are listed in the navigation pane.  I have a
button that shows/hides the nav. pane (with a simple SendKeys "{F11}"
snippet) --  but I would like the groups to be collapsed when the pane
becomes visible. Right now, when the button is clicked, the nav. pane is
displayed, but will have various groups expanded depending on what the user
had done before hiding the pane.
Is there a command to do this -- I can't seem to find one?
Also, is there a way to make the pane completely disappear--when you use
SendKeys "{F11}" it only shrinks down to the vertical strip on the left side?
thanks much, KarenW

Private Sub cmdShowNavigationPane_Click()
DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
End Sub

Private Sub cmdHideNavigationPane_Click()
DoCmd.NavigateTo "acNavigationCategoryObjectType"
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
End Sub

"KarenW" <KarenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> In my Access 2007 application I provide a number of buttons for users
> to control what they see on the screen. My users go back and forth between
> the initial 'switchboard' type of form (as a frontend interface) and the
> actual tables and queries that are listed in the navigation pane.  I have
> button that shows/hides the nav. pane (with a simple SendKeys "{F11}"
> snippet) --  but I would like the groups to be collapsed when the pane
> becomes visible. Right now, when the button is clicked, the nav. pane is
> displayed, but will have various groups expanded depending on what the
> user
> had done before hiding the pane.
> Is there a command to do this -- I can't seem to find one?
> Also, is there a way to make the pane completely disappear--when you use
> SendKeys "{F11}" it only shrinks down to the vertical strip on the left
> side?
> thanks much, KarenW

0
Jeanette

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

Split Form Size
I've created a split form but it I can't get it to save the size I resize it to. The height is off the bottom of the screen. Can someone enlighten me as to how I can size these forms to my liking? Thanks, James DoCmd.MoveSize works from the top and left of the Access window. The following example changes the active window height, but leaves its width unchanged: DoCmd.MoveSize , , , 2000 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:ud%236QegLIHA.3400...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Navigation Pane 01-13-08
I read that you can minimize tha navigation pane by selecting F11, but is there a way when an object such as a query is opened the navigation pane auto hides? "Timothy Stinson" <TimothyStinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D9DED2-8245-425C-A763-FF6F27B5EE7B@microsoft.com... >I read that you can minimize tha navigation pane by selecting F11, but is > there a way when an object such as a query is opened the navigation pane > auto > hides? I'm not aware of any way to do this if the query is opened using the out-of-the-box Access UI. You...

Lock Position Of User Form In VBA
Can Someone Help? Ron De Bruin and Jorge Rodrigues gave sone ideas on how to disable th "X" close button on a user form. However I now need to ensure that the User Form cant be moved down b holding on the program bar and sliding down, as this would revea critical data shown below. Is there a way to lock the position of the User Form? Thanks Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

In Excel, how do I make the freezed pane area, print on each page.
I have a spreadsheet and I freezed the top part of the page like 4 lines, I want that section to always print, without having to cut and paste with page breaks. I have a few reports that do that, but i can't figure out how to do myself. Office 2000 File|page setup|Sheet tab| Click in the Rows to repeat at top. Point at your rows with your mouse. Jane wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet and I freezed the top part of the page like 4 lines, I > want that section to always print, without having to cut and paste with page > breaks. I have a few reports that do that, but i can'...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Updating info from a form with query
I have a form with a user entered default value, which I have moved to a called form. This form then is to update a table. The problem is that it only updates when I actually change the data myself. What action must I take programmably to have the table info entered? I had a button on the form which I have save the form, but it gives me a "The command or action 'SaveRecord' isn't available now." I have even tried to set the focus to the controls which have the info to be saved to the table. Can anyone help? Thanks, Kurt -- learning by playing answered in &...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Office 2007 forms

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Navigating through XML Documents
Hi , I use VB.net to work with XML database,I need to use a DocumentNavigator class to navigate in XML document, I need to use MoveToChild/MoveToParent there the problem is that i don't know how to load this DocumentNavigator. (when I write the Imports ... it doesn't recognize it ) tnx for advance. Why aren't you using the XMLDocument class (System.XML.XMLDocument)? This class is designed to be compliant with W3C DOM standards for parsing. "jenyb via DotNetMonster.com" <u15107@uwe> wrote in message news:5639da0f4b306@uwe... > Hi , > I use VB.net to work...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Print to custom Forms offline
Does anyone know how to or if there is a third paty software that allows you to print to a customized form while offline with the laptop client? Please let me know thanks. Dan white wrote: > Does anyone know how to or if there is a third paty software that allows you > to print to a customized form while offline with the laptop client? > > Please let me know thanks. i think that you could do a mail merge using your local sql offline db. You would need to crete a new ODBC connection through administrative tools that connects to your local db and then create a new mail merge .d...

Lists from Navigation Pane
I've got a strange issue. When I click on any list, nothing appears. However, there is data there because as I move the pointer up and down, the information at the bottom changes. And, if I double-click an item, it takes me to a specific record. I can also take an action against an item. -- Charles Allen, MVP Same problem i am facing in MY REPORTS in the new version (9.0). any idea ?? BS "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message news:1992C890-583F-42ED-B9D4-DFD45FCE2D56@microsoft.com... > I've got a strange issue. When I click on any list, ...

Change Reading Pane and Arrange by Groups DEFAULT
I'm frequently creating new folders in OL2003 SP2, and each new folder is - by default - created with Reading Pane turned on, and Arrange by Groups turned on. I don't want either. Is there some way for me to change the default so I don't have to manualy change it every time? customize the default view - http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: ...

How to set form caption / text?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I am developing an application with main window and a few childs window. How to set each child window text / caption everytime I call DoModal? If I set "Entry Form" then the window I call will displayed with "Entry Form" caption. Thank you. You can use SetWindowText to set it. For a dialog, you should do it any time after its created(IOW, not in constructor). OnInitDialog and after is fine. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F18C3988-E5F2-413E-8CCF-78143066DB29@microsoft.com... >I ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Freeze Pane Border
After splitting the window and freezing the panes, a thin black borde shows where the "freeze" occurs. Is there a why to change the border properties? (e.g. get rid of it al together? -- carlyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- carlyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2244 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37986 I don't think so. carlyman wrote: > > After splitting the window and freezing the panes, a thin black border > shows where the "fr...