Confirmation Email

Hi all,
I want to be able to send out shipment confirmation emails at the end of the
day, based on a query that populates with the records that meet some
specified criteria.  Any record that shows in this query result set will need
to have an email sent to the customer on record.  I am having the hardest
time locating some code snipets that I could experiment with.  How would I be
able to have it go through each record and send an email?  Any help,
guidance, or code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-gary

Try something like

    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
    Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("YourQueryName")
    If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then 'ensure there is data
        rst.MoveFirst  'goto the 1st recordset
        Do Until rst.EOF  'End of file
           'Send your e-mail Here
           '
           '
           rst.MoveNext
        Loop
    Else
        MsgBox "No Query Results To Process!", vbInformation
    End If
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"Gary Dolliver" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to be able to send out shipment confirmation emails at the end of the
> day, based on a query that populates with the records that meet some
> specified criteria.  Any record that shows in this query result set will need
> to have an email sent to the customer on record.  I am having the hardest
> time locating some code snipets that I could experiment with.  How would I be
> able to have it go through each record and send an email?  Any help,
> guidance, or code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
> -gary

Emailing print area
Any ideas how I can email only the print area of a worksheet? I also need to be able to save only the print area into another file. Both of these have to be done with absolutely no technical expertise, in other words just push a button, no copy and paste or anything else so technical! Hi Texmas Try this one for the activesheet It will save the file in C:\ Change the e-mail address More info on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm See David McRitchie's site if you just started with VBA http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Sub Mail_Range() Dim source As...

Cannot send email to hotmail.com !?!?
Hi, I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I have several SMTP queues that are stuck on retry and are unable to get the mail delivered. The domains include hotmail.com and bt.com (as well as a few others). Having turned on SMTP logging I am getting application event log warnings 4006 which either tells me that delivery to the host 'ip_address' failed due to a semiphore timeout period expiring or because the remote host dropped the connection. We have had DNS issues and originally I thought this problem was definately caused by reverse DNS lookup pointing to our old mail se...

Can't open embedded link in an email message
When I click on an embedded link that is in an email meassage I get an error message that says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Is there a setting someplace that I need to change. I used to be able to click on URLs in an email message and open a window with that link. I recently upgraded to Office XP pro. ...

User not receiving emails
Hello, I am having a problem with a user account this morning, she is not receiving any emails from within the organization or external. She can send emails, When I log on via webmail nothing is there either. In the Exchange administration - mailbox. Her last logon show NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM unlike the other users showing DomainName\user, that is the only think I see that looks ackward. Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance. itdude <itdude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having a problem with a user account this morning, she is not receiving >any emails from ...

emails disappearing
Some email disappear when I "send" and are not in the sent folder or draft folder also some emails disappear after receiving and read only to be received at some time (hours) later. Why? Are copies of them in the Storage folders 'Sent Items' folder with the To and From addressed to you ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "GHB" <GHB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C72B03BD-52CC-4B0F-AA60-025E471BCA7A@microsoft.com... > Some email disappear when I "send" and are not in the sent folder or draft > folder also some em...

Junk emails
I keep receiving messages with attachements to them. I receive many maessage from people I do no know and Outlook blocks them. It is has if somebody had access to an address book and sends email to everybody. How can we stop that You can't stop it since it is virus activity on a machine other than your own. You can download SpamBayes and use it to start filtering these mails. You don't say what version of Outlook you are using but 2003 does a pretty good job of filtering these mails for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discus...

Exchange 2003 email filtering
I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If possible I would like to use some type of whitelist and have the ability to apply the setting based on some type of group membership. Any suggestions? Thanks. Adam Choose one of many antispam products. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598308BA-F410-4C60-B063-2AB31D709EFC@microsoft.com... >I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If > possi...

lost email folder in winmail
I have winmail and had an additional folder in it to receive another family member's email. That folder is no longer there. Any ideas of how or where I could find it? Its not in my recycling bin. I have done searches and found nothing. If the missing folder is not in your Deleted Items folder, then try a manual run of the message store compaction. Go to Tools, Options,=20 Advanced, Maintenance, and change the "100" runs to 1. Close Windows = Mail, which will then prompt you to allow a compaction; do so, and let it = complete. When you reopen Windows Live Mail, be...

Accessing an email account programmatically
Hello, We have Exchange 2K (moving soon to 2003) that serves all our users - about 1500. I need to access a particular email account programmatically for one of my applications so that I can get emails and respond based on certain biz logic. Understandably the Excahnge admin is hesistant in letting me do anything "fancy". What options do I have to be able to access one or more email accounts programmatically and what if any are risks associated with each of those methods. Any pointers to whitepapers discussing these would also be helpful. TIA, Sanjay. I can't provide you wi...

reading confirmation

Migrate Email from Exchange to stand alone Outlook
An employee has left the company and I need to export all his email from exchange and put it on his laptop, stand alone Outlook (pop) Any quick and easy ways to do this? -- Michael On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:57:05 -0700, "Mike" <mike@fictitiousspamplocker.alyrica.net> wrote: >An employee has left the company and I need to export all his email from >exchange and put it on his laptop, stand alone Outlook (pop) > >Any quick and easy ways to do this? Exmerge to a pst. ...

Email Notifications #5
How do I prevent someone from knowing that I open their email? Most of our employees have this feature turned on so that they get a recept as soon as it's open and I would like to know if there is a way to prevent my employees from knowing when I open their emails? Thank you. Wendy <wejohnson@tycoint.com> wrote: > How do I prevent someone from knowing that I open their > email? Most of our employees have this feature turned on > so that they get a recept as soon as it's open and I would > like to know if there is a way to prevent my employees > from knowin...

Can't send and receive emails
I got this error message everytime send and receive email. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Did it ever work for you with those settings? Is your Yahoo email account a free one or a paid one?=20 US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 ...

I want "Never send a response" in email
Hi, I have Outlook 2002. I select the option "Never send a response" in E-mail Options/Tracking Options. I would like not to send a response when I receive someone's email, but I notice that when I send email from my Outlook Express (for testing purpose) to Outlook 2002, and Outlook 2002 always returns "read receipt" to the sender. Does anyone know how to set that correctly to prevent the "read receipts" returned to the sender? Thanks in advance. Tony Are they read or delivery receipts? Did you try setting it always ask then setting it back to Never? ...

Email relay?
Is the message below anything I should be concerned about. The Sending IP is not one of mine, and would the only recourse be to contact that provider? I am getting repeated msg's from the 65.* IP. to different internal users. It uses different accounts to send from. Can I block just this IP? Received: from gateway.internal.com ([10.129.0.36]) by mail.internal.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6872); Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:31:29 -0500 Received: from [65.14.35.34] by gateway.internal.com via smtpd (for mail.internal.com [10.129.1.6]) with ESMTP; Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:31:29 -...

Emailing
I have created 4 databases in Access 2000 edition at my company, however, now recently my company has upgraded to Office 2007 edition... I currently use the Full 2007 Access edition to allow me to manage and working with macros, tables, quieries, ect.... while others in my company are using the "Run" edition of 2007 Access... Here is my problem... in my full version of access the macros i have set up in 2007 to email a report are working but when my co-workers use the same macro button, database in the "Run" version, they get this error message ... "An ex...

does outlook have an opytion to add an email sender to the address book ?
does outlook have an opytion to add an email sender to the address book ? Right click on it and choose one of the 'Add to' options "Peter" <peter.codner@lineone.net> wrote in message news:uForJyjnDHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > does outlook have an opytion to add an email sender to the address book ? ...

Undeliverable email
I send and receive email many times a day, but there are two email addresses (both are family members) where I get a message from the System Administrator saying: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: Date/Time The following recipients could not be reached: (person's name and email address, Date/Time 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts(#5.7.1) Can anybody help me with solving this problem? Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing mail server, which can be done on the "Out...

Confirm before sending?
I have a client that accidentally sends e-mails before completing them on a regular basis. They would actually like confirmation before sending any e-mail. I found this reference for VB code but I don't know how to edit or apply it as I know NOTHING about VB - Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim intRes As Integer Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "Do you really want to send this message?" intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ") If intRes = vbNo Then Cancel = True End If End Sub ...

Outlook Email: How do you back it up?
I am looking for a simple way to backup several years worth of email to either a zip disk or a CD. I would like to be able to back up the emails and retain the original date stamps for the email. Can anyone help me? My email address is liamtoh_100@hotmail.com Thank you Close Outlook and copy your PST file to a ZIP disk (presuming it will fit; you might be able to zip it) or burn the PST file directly to a CD using your CD burning software. If you aren't sure where your PST file is, search for *.pst on your hard drive and include system/hidden folders in your search if on W2k/XP. Sor...

receiving emails on blackberry
how do i receive my inbox in outlook onot my blackberry - i have windows live - is there a service which i have to pay microsoft for ? partick fitzgerald <partickfitzgerald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i receive my inbox in outlook onot my blackberry - i have > windows live - is there a service which i have to pay microsoft for ? The Windows Live folders cannot be synched with a PDA unless you buy a third-party tool like Chapura Pocket Mirror. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] do you want them on both or just in outlook? if the windows live act is not the defau...

Can send email, receive junk mail, cannot receive email
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Can send email, receive junk mail, cannot receive email On 2/6/10 1:20 PM, in article 59bb2600.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Tom043@officeformac.com" <Tom043@officeformac.com> wrote: > Can send email, receive junk mail, cannot receive email Basics: 1. If you can receive but not send then you have a bad SMTP configuration 2. If you can send but not receive you have a bad POP or IMAP configuration The fact you are receiving Junk and no other mail indicates something other than your account setup. ...

Unable to Download Email
I am using Outlook 2002 SP2. When I attempt to Send/Receive, I am able to connect to my mail server and get statistics on the number of email waiting to be downloaded. Then nothing happens. I have checked my email account set up and it appears to be good. I've worked with my ISP and they don't see a problem either. I have uninstalled and installed Outlook 2002 and nothing has changed. I have uninstalled Outlook and installed Eudora 6.0 and I still have the problem. Any ideas of what I can do? ...

Finding specific email message
Im attempting to find specific content within our priv.edb database. Id like to find content within both the subject line or message body. Ive attempted to use exmerge, is this the right tool? I dont want to extract, just find/copy to a pst. Any suggestions would be appreciated! -- Mr. Burnout On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:50:28 -0800, "ManWell2005" <ManWell2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Im attempting to find specific content within our priv.edb database. Id like >to find content within both the subject line or message body. Ive attempted >to use exmerge, is ...

clicking X to close an email closes outlook, anybody got a fix?
07 v. outlook, having problem with closing emails, when i click the X to close an email, it closes outlook, which i have to restart. anybody having similar problem and a fix? Are you sure Outlook is closed and not just minimized to the Notification Area? Right click the Outlook in the Notification Area to disable the Hide When Minimized option. Otherwise, can you reproduce this in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (not the space in the command) If not, your issue is likely to be caused by an add-in. To troubleshoot see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question...