Combobox Value Will Not Change - Until I Right Click?

Not certain how to describe this one. A combox is placed on a form.
The form is called from a continuos list via a mouse down event.

    If Button = acRightButton Then
        DoCmd.OpenForm "frmTask", acNormal
    End If

The form, frmTask, has absolutely no code behind it. It has a combobox
with a row source type of "value list" and a row source of
""Complete";"Complete with a Problem";"Abandoned"".

The form, frmTask, is set to allow edits, allow additions and allow
deletions all = yes.

The value in combobox cannot be changed... until the user right clicks
on the combobox.

!?

One funny thing...the focus in the continuos form is set to the
previous record until I right click. So if the user is on record 1,
then right clicks on record 3 frmTask displays.When frmTask is
displayed the focus is still on record 1. When the user right clicks
on the combobox then the focus in the main form is set to record 3 and
then the combobox value can be changed.

What am I missing?
0
rm

Change the Default Language Setting
Is it possible to set the language to 'English (Australia)' so it will be the default across all office applications? I keep having to change it manually in outlook at the moment. ...

Excel can not open file with double click
Hi, I am using win XP sp2 and excel 2003 (office Pro) spanish versions. I can not open any excel file with a double click on the file. if I double click on the file, the application launches and excel starts, but no file is loaded, I have to manually go file open and select the file and then it opens correctly... I have tried by repairing the instalation with the disc but same behaviour... As well as this if I right click on the file open with, and select excel from the applications available, excel gives an error back saying that it could not locate the life from the full path of the file...

Requery combobox
I have a form that includes a combobox that has the following in its on enter event: Private Sub cbProjectPhase_Enter() Me.cbProjectPhase.Requery End Sub The query that is tied to this combox uses another field ("Cost Center") on this form as criteria to select records for this combobox. It works fine except when I go to the next record and click on that combobox it removes what is showing in the previous record's combobox's field because my selection "Cost Center" is different this time. I understand why this happens but I don't know how to get around it. I...

Macro copies values in other workbook
Hi, I need a macro that copies two results of workbook1 in two different cells of workbook2. Example: I have in A1 a value result of a sum function and in A2 another value result of another sum function. What I need to do is to copy and paste both values in workbook2. But the A1 value in c1 (workbook2) and A2 value in d1 (workbook2) as values and not as formula. Details: Workbook2 will be closed. If c1 and d1 from workbook2 have any value, then the macro should paste values in the next empty row C2 and d2 for example. Thank you so much for your help! See http://www.rond...

Error -2147023545 when trying to change password in OWA2003
When trying to change the password for a user through SSL enabled OWA 2003, it results in the following error: Error number: -2147023545 Server is running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 with a FE/BE setup. Any tips and pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks. Chin ...

How to change a transfer to a charge
I accidentally defined a number of credit card transactions as transfers to a cash account. The problem is, Money 204 will not allow me to simply edit the credit card transactions to re-define them as charges as opposed to transfers. When I try editing the "To" account, I get an error message... "If you do not want a transfer, click Cancel and then choose a different type of transaction. No matter what I click, the transaction remains a transfer. The credit card transactions are reconciled but the cash account is not. I expect this should be simple but short of deleting the tr...

combobox
hi i am trying to create a combobox containing a list of names i want the list to default to a "dummy" value when the workbook is opened How do i do this? thanks kevin You would need a macro for that, assume that you use the combo box from the control toolbox, and that the linked cell is A2 in Sheet2 Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A2").Value = "Your_Dummy_Value" End Sub Right click the little excel icon to the left of the filemenu and select view code or press Alt + F11 and double click ThisWorkbook That's where the ma...

Changing Chart with a lookup
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with about 15 charts. I want to be able to automatically switch between charts in the "Main" tab based on an input. So for example if I input "1" chart #1 would appear in the "Main" tab. All of the charts are different (they have different units for the X and Y values) so I cannot use a named range (at least I don't know how to use the named range). Thanks Jeff - Try the second approach here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartTypeDropDown.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Servi...

New Section break changes prior formatting
When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior sections also go to the left of the page. Which version of Word? frustrated wrote: >When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that >section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior >sections also go to the left of the page. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201001/1 ...

Populate combobox
Hello Why doesn't this populate my ActiveX combobox? Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Dim row As Integer ' Make sure the RowSource property is empty Sheet1!ComboBox1.RowSource = "" Sheet1!ComboBox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!A1:A12" ' Add some items to the ActiveX combobox For row = 1 To 12 Sheet1!ComboBox1.AddItem Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(row, 1) Next row End Sub Change the exclamation point (!) to a period (.) after Sheet1 everywhere except in the row source reference that is within the quote marks. &quo...

excell 2003 will not open previous version
excell 2003 will not read floppy from previous version. messages parameter is incorrect disc media not recognized, it may not be formatted What do I do I doubt it has anything to do with excel 2003, if you ever opened the file on the floppy and worked and save the file most likely it has become corrupt. It seems that windows doesn't rcognize the media but you can try to copy the file to the HDD and then try opening it, my guess is however that it won't work due to file corruption NEVER ever use any sort of media except for transport bewteen computers, office files will likel...

This forum does have value!
As year end approaches and I am considering upgrading to Money 2005, I found the message traffic extremely valuable. After this summers fiasco with the update to MSN Money locking us out of our local data file, I thought, or was hoping M$ would make an extra effort to make sure that Money 2005 was a significant improvement and without the assorted problems that I have found posted here. Some still unresolved. I have made my decision and I do not care how much work it is going to take me, bt I am going back to Quicken after giving Money a two year trial. This program is just not ready f...

Changing the number format
Hi everyone, I am using Excel 2000. I am running Excel with the regional setting set to Germany. So, Excel interprets "," as a decimal point. What want to do is make one particular workbook interpret "." as the decima point. However, I cannot change the regional settings on my PC. Is there any way to tell Excel 2000 to interpret "." as the decima point. I went to "Format", "Cells", "Number". However, I cannot chang the "," to a ".". I hope I am clear enough. Please let me know if I need to clarify a bi more. T...

Re: How to change the AutoNumbers inID field in my finished database? 02-09-08
"hans" <hans@post.letnet.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:... > > "Tom van Stiphout" <no.spam.tom7744@cox.net> skrev i meddelelsen > news:m5pfq3pe0q7ugf4usd088p7gupfiv0fh2u@4ax.com... >> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:48:01 -0800, Jako >> <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >> >> Define "different". >> -Tom. >> >> >>>This may be a simple question but... >>>I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to >>>a >>>different way I have set it up....

Help With Simple Combobox Programming
I have a combo box on sheet1. When the user clicks on the combo box the first time ( it gets focus ) It should add/load all items from sheet2 column A. Now when the user selects from the combobox that item should be copied/placed on sheet1.A5 similarly the next item selected in the combo box should be placed below A6 and so on How can this be accomplished with code thx Hi, Use code like that : Private Sub cboIn_Click() Dim intR As Integer intR = Range("a4").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Range("a4").Offset(intR, 0).Value = cboIn.Value End Sub Priv...

Populating work sheet combox with another work sheet values
Hi All, I have a combox in my sheet(1) which i want to populate with values present in sheet(2). I can populate combox in sheet(1) by setting the "ListFillrange"property to the required ranges in the sheet(1) (assume in coulmn A i have values from A1: A5) But i am unable to populate same combox with sheet(2) values(assume in sheet(2) C column i have set of values from C1: C10). I want to populate without using any macros. Can anyone Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance -- sjayar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sj...

Server Name Change
Can anyone tell me the effects of changing the server name on my Exchange box? Our company is going through a transition, and the owners want to change the name and lose everything on our network that references it. This includes our Exchange server, and our AD server. Thanks! Scott On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:21:05 -0800, "DLAV Admin" <DLAVAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me the effects of changing the server name on my Exchange >box? Our company is going through a transition, and the owners want to change >the name and lose everything on ...

combobox into another combobox
i got 2 combo boxes in a worksheet. i want to link the 2 combo boxes together. combo2 will depend on which is selected to the combo1. eg: combo1 - accessories, card, ram list in combo2 will vary on the item selected from the combo1. let say: combo1 - accessories have been selected combo2 - slot fan, usb to ps2 convertor. can someone helps me!!! thxns in advance Hi Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for lots of information on Data Validation http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html and for the section using Combo boxes http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- Regards ...

Change the button icon on the QAT in Word 2007?
I want to change the button icons on the Quick Access Toolbar. I also want to control whether or not a command on the QAT is an icon, text or both. Obviously, I was able to do all this in Office 2003 but I cannot even find help on this in Office 2007. Customizing toolbar buttons is not available via the user interface in Word 2007 (with the exception that you can choose a custom icon for buttons that run macros). What you can do is take a look at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jlab" <jlab@discus...

Pie Chart and Zero Value Labels
Morning All Is there a feature to remove all the zero value labours in a pie chart. I have 8 categories and 5 have a 0 value so it looks very messy. I can't find the feature but I'm sure it must exist. Thanks in advance to all who reply. Regards, H Hi, You could use autofilter to hide the rows of those with a zero value. Or formula as described here, http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm Cheers Andy Hardip wrote: > Morning All > > Is there a feature to remove all the zero value labours in a pie chart. I > have 8 categories and 5 have a 0 value so it loo...

Filling More than one field a combobox selection
I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table What I would like to do is for the user to look up Suburb by typing into the combo box and populate the state and postcode fields on selection. Am I going about this the right way? See www.allenbrowne.com. He has an excellent search function exactly like you need. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Avid Fan" wrote: > I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode > > Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table > &...

Help with ComboBox
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet using a ComboBox that allows selection of one of several sets of data. Each set is a 3 column row of data. I have the following properties set: BoundColumn: 2 TextColumn: 1 When a selection is made the ComboBox displays the column 1 value. The ComboBox seems to behave normally, except that when I close and open the file the combox initially displays the value of column 2 (instead of column 1). When a new selection is made it goes back to displaying the column 1 data. Shouldn't it always display the data as assigned by TextColu...

Changing colors of cells to establish value.
Hello, Can I program my cells to establish a color of the cell and/or the color of the font according to the value of the cell. ie: If I have a formula that has a product being sold at 5000.00 with a cost of 4000.00, in another 5000.00 sale with a 4500.00 cost, and in another a 5000.00 sale with a 6000.00 cost. Could I show these with the 1000.00 profit showing in one color automatically, if the cost changed to the second, could I show the 500.00 profit as another. If it changed to the 1000.00 loss, could it change to another color? thanks, Mark. You want CONDITIONAL FORMATING....

match column for value and return next cell value
Hi, I have simple excel with one column having the Part name and secon having the Price. I want a macro which will return SUM of all the part prices user ha selected. My data looks simply like below PART NAME PRICE NKT 1000 NKU 2000 NMP 150 NPG 299 NWT 3495 What i want is if user enters NKT,NKU then it should return 3000 if user enters NKT,NKu,NMP then 3150. Can anyone please help as I am an end user and have no idea of macros. Thanks, kogant -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I'd suggest you use pivot tables for this and select the relevant item s within the p...

Linking dates and values
I am trying to find the percent difference between two values. Eac value is the last work day of the month. My spreadsheet lists dates i column A and values in columns B-AI. How can I use the date to searc for the relative value? Thank -- seanbrow ----------------------------------------------------------------------- seanbrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2651 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39782 On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:47:58 -0500, seanbrown <seanbrown.1u6duf_1124730421.4036@excelforum-nospam.com> ...