combo box recording incorrect values

I have a form with a combo box that looks up values from a table.  There are
three columns, ID, lngClient and txtCompany from tSuppliers.  The cbo is
bound on column 0.  ID and lngClient are hidden.

When I create a new record and select a supplier, say Alpha Inc. it records
the next company on the list.  In this case the ID for Alpha Inc. is 1 and
next on the list is ID 2, Beta Inc.  The record created is shows Beta.

I have recreated the cbo, but I still get the same result.

Any thoughts on what is causing this?  Let me know if you need any
clarification.

Thanks in advance.
PJ

Check the field properties in the table as it seems as though you have an
autonumber field instead of an integer field.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"PJFry" wrote:

> I have a form with a combo box that looks up values from a table.  There are
> three columns, ID, lngClient and txtCompany from tSuppliers.  The cbo is
> bound on column 0.  ID and lngClient are hidden.
>
> When I create a new record and select a supplier, say Alpha Inc. it records
> the next company on the list.  In this case the ID for Alpha Inc. is 1 and
> next on the list is ID 2, Beta Inc.  The record created is shows Beta.
>
> I have recreated the cbo, but I still get the same result.
>
> Any thoughts on what is causing this?  Let me know if you need any
> clarification.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> PJ

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

Compare values in columns
How can I compare a master part numbers list in one Excel column or worksheet against actual values in a second Excel column or worksheet, and display the missing part numbers that were not in the second column in a new column or worksheet? For Example: Part Number Master Part List Missing Parts 12A221315 12A221315 12A221332 12A221316 12A221316 12A221333 12A221317 12A221317 12A221318 12A221318 12A221319 12A221319 12A221320 12A221320 12A221321 12A221321 12A221322 12A221322 12A221323 12A221323 12A221324 12A221324 12A221325 12A221325 12A221326 12A221326 12A221327 12A22132...

how do i view different mail boxes
I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? btoonhoule <btoonhoule@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I > choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? Using IMO or C/W mode? -- Brian Tillman ...

Item Cost Change to incorrect figures without prompting
Microsoft 2005, RMS 1.3 - After doing some database cleaning and inputing correct item costs, I sent worksheets from HQ to all stores of the new correct cost. Pushed them through HQ Client, and checked to see if they changed in the stores. Affirmative. One week later, I noticed the item cost had changed to some weird figure on every single item cost change I had made and then others I had not touched. I went through my list and changed them once again in HQ, sent the proper worksheets, pushed the worksheets thru, and the changes were made. A few days later, the item costs changed a...

Concatenate Multi-Select List Box Items
I need to use the chosen items in a multi-select List Box as concatenated text in another control on a subform. This text will be part of a large amount of concatenated text. How do I do this? I did find info here about using such items in a query but it was way over my head and I couldn't figure out how to convert that idea to this issue so please don't just refer me to that w/o some other explanation for this novice. For example, if the user selects: Frt Bumper, Grille, & Headlamp in the List Box, I want to then somehow concatenate those selections into a sente...

How do I merge the Next Record in Publisher?
I am trying to create a school directory using our school's Microsoft Publisher 2002. I would like all of the information to be formatted into two columns running down each page. I cannot seem to figure out how to get the <<next record>> function to work. Any assistance is appreciated. Mark Hall wrote: > I am trying to create a school directory using our school's Microsoft > Publisher 2002. I would like all of the information to be formatted into two > columns running down each page. I cannot seem to figure out how to get the > <<next record>>...

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

colour change of dated box

Linking Values in Worksheets
Is there a simple method of linking a column of values in one worksheet to another worksheet? I can do it manually, one at a time but is there a way of copying the link down the column? (The columns are identical in length) Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1369 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1370 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1371 etc, etc Many thanks david Hi David try ='C:\Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C1369 and copy down Frank DavidM wrote: > Is there a simple method of linki...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Publisher 2002 document incorrectly interpreted in Publisher 2003
Alan wrote: Ok. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Why is it that suddenly we are getting SCADS of posts like this? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <ic@ntellu.com> wrote in message news:u6iiBfjpEHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Alan wrote: > > Ok. > > -- > Brian Kvalheim > Microsoft Publisher MVP > http://www.publishermvps.com > ~pay it forward~ > > This po...

Display Formula Values
I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually input. For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075 and the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%. How can I address this across the entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the necessary cells. Thanks for your help. What formula do you have in B1? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------...

sent box
how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? -- deb deb wrote: > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and select Field Chooser. i may have not explained myself too well i dont want to sort by the "to" column i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from" i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its just a folder named "sent" its for my boss, he ha...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

area chart doesn't show values
hi all, in excel 2003 i have created a area chart, based on values per day. If i point the mouse on a data point, a flag will show the data and date of this value. after open in excel 2007, this will only work, if i change the chart type from area to line-graph, so do everybody know, how to show the values in an area chart? thanks and greetings from switzerland Dieter ...

Edit box should support languages like japanese,chineese etc
Hi wht im trying to ask is.. 1. In my application, all the labels r in english only. 2.If i change the content of one text box in japanese or chineese language , [Text box value is the title for another dialog] 4.After i changed the content, i want the title to be displayed in japanese or chineese language. Note: I want only that text box to be changed ,,not the entire application.. so How can i able to support multibyte characters in MFC controls CEdit --text boxes.. Plz reply They do. You have to be in a Unicode app, and you have to have selected a Unicode font that has Chin...

Mail Merge Selecting ALL records in Excel instead just rows select
We have had this problem several times and I cannot find a solution. We will open a mail merge Word document that is connected an Excel Workbook. Periodically it will select ALL of the records even though we go through and select just the rows we want. No amount of filtering changes this problem. We have tried re-saving both the word and excel docs, removing the excel doc from the word doc and re-attaching. Help! I'm wondering if you're being misled by the dialog you get when you click Merge to New Document. Even when you have checked off specific records in the ...

Text boxes on graphs
How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The grid lines are still visible and run through the text box, cluttering it up. Thanks right-click text box choose -- 'Format Text Box' from shortcut menu colors and lines tab change fill color to white Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training Access Basics 8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Access http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :) * Drew wrote: > How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The > grid line...

Multiple Combo Boxes Highlighted
Hi, I have a problem with something in VB6. I have 4 combo boxes with individual names (not an array) located on an SSTab object. When I select another tab and then return to the tab these boxes are located on, each of them appears to be highlighted in blue. I add values to them only when loading the form so I'm at a loss as to why this happens ? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen. "Jennifer Ward" <jward@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eq5HrcBrKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem with someth...

HELP !! Combo box to feed other combo boxes
Hi, I have a form with a stock list. One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for single allocations. I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in bulk. I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value of combo1 to the value of combo2. This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop for specified number of records. I can...

Set Text Box Control To Blank
I have a procedure that executes on the beforeupdate event of a textbox (text24). The procedure works out the checkdigit for the number entered and if there is a discrepancy, a message box appears telling the user the number is wrong. What I'd like to do is modify the code as such so that when a discrepancy is found and the user clicks ok on the message box, focus is returned to (text24) and set to blank so that the faulty number is gone. Here is the code I am using.... It's quite crude as I'm only at beginner level, but hey, it works! Private Sub Text24_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Int...

Logical Filtering based on Value
I've been using this formula to sort some values and return results if( or( and( b9<>"", isnumber( find( Left(b9,1 ,"AWFUY") ) ), isnumber( find("SHORT",g9 ) ), sum( countif(c9,{"BOG","BLM","CMO"}) ) ) ) ) ,i9-0.01,j9 ) --I used ALT-ENTER between each formula so as to see thing clearly Column A values can be "B01" Column B values can be "BRN" Columns I & J are values, one being lowest the other being highest allowed. On another sheet I...

Piclicks values and Migration tool
hi there I do have a question about the migration tool. I do use this tool to migrate thousands of records and it all goes ok as long as i do not try to migrate picklists which i have added myself. When running the InitializeCDF tool, it is loading all the picklist values to the cdf_StringmapCRM table, except the values for the picklists which i have added to CRM As long as the values are not in there, i cannot map other values and i do have a huge problem Does anybody recognize this problem and know how to solve it Kind regards Edwin ------=_NextPart_0001_26C38DEE Content-Type: text/plai...

Populate field based on combo box
I know this shouldn't be so hard - but I'm having a brain ... or something! On a form, I would like to select a District Number from a combo box and have the District Name appear in a text field. My form is based on a query. I know somehow I need to add criteria to my query to point to the info in the combo box but I'm not sure exactly where to put this criteria. Should the combo box field for the District Number on the form be based on the Districts table or is this the field that comes from the query? Or is it the District Name field that comes from the query? I have neve...