Combo box problem to Report

I have a table with 160 records. I am trying to set up my form so the user
can select a record from a combo box, enter the payroll in a text box field
and submit. Then they can perform the same function several times and each
record will show up on my report with the payroll for each separate record.
I’ve tried the combo box on the form page but when you select one or several
selections, all 160 records are displayed on the reports page.

Would also like a suggestion on how to have it set up for the user to enter
the payroll (automatically rounded to the closest dollar) each time they
select a record. Would also like to show the sum (on the reports page) of all

payroll amounts selected on the forms page.  Any comments will be appreciated.

mpjr

On Aug 12, 11:52 pm, "mpjr" <u36600@uwe> wrote:
> I have a table with 160 records. I am trying to set up my form so the user
> can select a record from a combo box, enter the payroll in a text box field
> and submit. Then they can perform the same function several times and each
> record will show up on my report with the payroll for each separate record.
> I've tried the combo box on the form page but when you select one or several
> selections, all 160 records are displayed on the reports page.
>
> Would also like a suggestion on how to have it set up for the user to enter
> the payroll (automatically rounded to the closest dollar) each time they
> select a record. Would also like to show the sum (on the reports page) of all
>
> payroll amounts selected on the forms page.  Any comments will be appreciated.
>
> --

Try to think in terms of tables, records, and fields.  Your
description is vague and somewhat ambiguous.  If for example, you have
a employee table and want to create payroll records for a payroll
table, then you would use a control that allows the user to select the
employee, and another that allows input of their remuneration.  Then
you could add a command button that saves the record to the payroll
table with todays' date.  A separate command button could fill a
report table with only those records which have been selected, and
then call a report that gets its data from that table.

0
OldPro
8/13/2007 2:24:44 PM
I have a table from which the person selects the classification of the type
of work performed during that reporting monthly period. Once selected all
they do is enter the payroll (in the blank field) for that classification. In
some cases there may be some people that will have more than one type of work
performed during that month which they will need to select the another
classification and also enter the corresponding payroll (in the blank field).
I just want all the selected classifications to show on the report with their
payroll. I would like the payrolls from all selected classifications to be
summed.
This would be done monthly and nothing would be stored.
As I said earlier, I now have a combo box where you can select the
classification, but all classifications show up on the report.
Ps: Is their an expression or formula that automatically rounds to the
nearest $ dollar?

Thank you for showing interest--- I value your opinions.

OldPro wrote:
>> I have a table with 160 records. I am trying to set up my form so the user
>> can select a record from a combo box, enter the payroll in a text box field
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>>
>> --
>
>Try to think in terms of tables, records, and fields.  Your
>description is vague and somewhat ambiguous.  If for example, you have
>a employee table and want to create payroll records for a payroll
>table, then you would use a control that allows the user to select the
>employee, and another that allows input of their remuneration.  Then
>you could add a command button that saves the record to the payroll
>table with todays' date.  A separate command button could fill a
>report table with only those records which have been selected, and
>then call a report that gets its data from that table.

mpjr
8/13/2007 4:14:50 PM
On Aug 13, 11:14 am, "mpjr via AccessMonster.com" <u36600@uwe> wrote:
> I have a table from which the person selects the classification of the type
> of work performed during that reporting monthly period. Once selected all
> they do is enter the payroll (in the blank field) for that classification. In
> some cases there may be some people that will have more than one type of work
> performed during that month which they will need to select the another
> classification and also enter the corresponding payroll (in the blank field).
> I just want all the selected classifications to show on the report with their
> payroll. I would like the payrolls from all selected classifications to be
> summed.
> This would be done monthly and nothing would be stored.
> As I said earlier, I now have a combo box where you can select the
> classification, but all classifications show up on the report.
> Ps: Is their an expression or formula that automatically rounds to the
> nearest $ dollar?
>
> Thank you for showing interest--- I value your opinions.
>

> OldPro wrote:
> >> I have a table with 160 records. I am trying to set up my form so the user
> >> can select a record from a combo box, enter the payroll in a text box field
> >[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>
> >> --
>
> >Try to think in terms of tables, records, and fields.  Your
> >description is vague and somewhat ambiguous.  If for example, you have
> >a employee table and want to create payroll records for a payroll
> >table, then you would use a control that allows the user to select the
> >employee, and another that allows input of their remuneration.  Then
> >you could add a command button that saves the record to the payroll
> >table with todays' date.  A separate command button could fill a
> >report table with only those records which have been selected, and
> >then call a report that gets its data from that table.

Reports are based on tables and queries of tables.  Which table or
query is your report based on?  Or is it not really a report, but a
form print?  Since one person can have multiple classifications of
labor throughout the month, where is the detail stored?  In a table,
or just a listbox?  Do you only print one person at a time, or
everyone all at once?  If you don't save the details in a table, then
how do you know if it was done correctly?

0
OldPro

i have problem ceating report for crm 3.0
i have problem finding the relationship between crm 3.0 database, like i shoud retreive data from Filtered view but not all data is displaying correctly as shown in the crystal report we back up from CRM 1.2 before upgrading to 3.0 ofcourse sql reporting services does not help me choosing the correct tables/ views i should choosed from CRM 3.0 DB the SDK 3.0 prefer working on XML m really stuck what should i do exactly? any help!! Can you give example what kind of report you try to create? Also what operations you are trying to do in CRM 3.0 SDK? -pongh "Samar" <Samar@dis...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

Problem upgrade from Mscrm 1.2 to 3.0
At the end of the upgrade i got this error message Failed to locate the Reporting Services Report Server configuration file. Verify the file specified in registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Reporting Services[RSConfigFilePath] Does anyone know what wrong? Thanks Mathias ...

how do i view different mail boxes
I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? btoonhoule <btoonhoule@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I > choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? Using IMO or C/W mode? -- Brian Tillman ...

Currency exchange rate problem
hi, i am using MS Money2006. my default currency is set to ?. one of my account is in different currency. the problem is it does not calculate the current value of that account in ? using the current exchange rate. it takes the older and the same exchange rate. where can i change the setting so that it always takes the actual current exchange rate? rnv ...

POP3 Commands Problem-Urgent Help Require
Dear All, i have some questions regarding POP3, i want to know :- 1- why i am using TELNET on POP3 Port ? & what is the usefule if its display infront of me that ( +OK POP3 Server Ready. ) or ( +OK POP3 localhost v2001.78rh server ready ) ? is that mean the POP3 Protocol working on the server which i am telnet on it ? if yes , it means that i am have no problem on the Protocol POP3 ? is that right? 2-how many versions for POP3 ? & how i know the version which i am using or working with it ? and is there any special command for each version ? i mean i know the following cam...

Condensing and Expanding reports
Does anyone know how I can set a item report (like the item value report) to automatically condense (+ )or (-) the items in a department automatically? RMS defaults to expand the items in a given department and we would like to condense every time rather than clicking the (-) button on the report each time. I know there must be a sequel statement that lets me do this but don't know what it is... Jack, Hopefully someone else will pipe in, but rather than clicking on each (-), click on the Close all groups icon on the top of the report, the 7th icon or just press Ctrl+Z -- * &qu...

Concatenate Multi-Select List Box Items
I need to use the chosen items in a multi-select List Box as concatenated text in another control on a subform. This text will be part of a large amount of concatenated text. How do I do this? I did find info here about using such items in a query but it was way over my head and I couldn't figure out how to convert that idea to this issue so please don't just refer me to that w/o some other explanation for this novice. For example, if the user selects: Frt Bumper, Grille, & Headlamp in the List Box, I want to then somehow concatenate those selections into a sente...

SubCalculate() Problem
I have added 1 new field DisPercent/Percentage/Text Box [tbDisPercent] I am trying to get / SubTotal * Dispercent = TotalAmount Public Sub SubCalculate() Dim dblSubTotal As Double, dblDisPercent As Double, dblTotalAmount As Double Dim dblWithoutDailyAmount As Double Dim dblMonthlyChargeAmount As Double, dblAdditionChargeAmount As Double Dim dblWithDailyChargeAmount1 As Currency, dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim dblWithDailyChargeAmount2 As Currency, dblWithDailyChargeAmount3 As Currency Dim dblWithDailyChargeAmount4 As Currency, dblWithDailyChargeAmount5 As Currency, dblW...

Report with Negate Filter
I have created several custom reports by modifying the reports that were closest to the results I needed. They just needed some tweaking. I am now trying to make a report with a built in Negate Expression Filter. I am unable to do this. Just curious if anyone has modified a report and added this filter. I am using notepad to open up the QRP report files then saving them as a Custom QRP file. Any help would be great. Thank you, Neil Let me teach you how to fish on this one :) Just use the filter screen to create the negated filter you want, then when the report is displayed, MEMORIZE i...

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

colour change of dated box

Problems with Excel 2007 flickering & locking up
I am having problems with my excel 2007. Everytime I try to work on a file the screen flickers, columns disappear, when trying to save as the program locks up and the date seems to over lap. I was not having this problem until Windows updated about 3 weeks ago. I searched the problem on the web and found some postings that said I should uninstall the update for excel. I did this but it did not solve the problem. My computer is part of a company network and is runinng Windows XP Professional version 2002 service Pack 3 and My Office Software is 2007 Professional Plus. -- kjo...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

sent box
how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? -- deb deb wrote: > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and select Field Chooser. i may have not explained myself too well i dont want to sort by the "to" column i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from" i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its just a folder named "sent" its for my boss, he ha...

publishing a report in Word
I have created a report in Access that I want to be able to put into a Word document. When I have the report open, I click the W in the top menu and it makes the Word file for me perfectly, except that my report has a picture at the top of it which is my company logo and this logo does not show up in the Word file. can i somehow get this logo that is on the report to show up in the Word file as well? Thanks. On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:01:03 -0800, RyanF17 <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Experiment with different controls to put the logo in, such as the Image control and the ...

Offline Synchronize problem
I am having trouble after closing or creating Z and ZZ reports. I am able to create the reports and close the terminal, however, after the task is completed, The 'Synchronize Offline Database' window appears and begins the process. After a few moments I receive an error: Run-Time Error '-2147217900 (80040e14)': [DBNETLIB] [ConnectionOpen (Connect()).] SQLServer Does not exist or access denied. Then my Store Operations terminates. I do have an Offline database created on Register 1 in the store and I am able to connect to it through RMS Administrator. I am running RMS ver...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Report Error
When I run any report I get this error Error: Subreport could not be shown. In the event log I get: Web service request SetParameters to Report Server https://server/reportserver failed with SoapException. Error: The path of the item '/mycompany_MSCRM/4.0/' is not valid. The full path must be less than 260 characters long; other restrictions apply. If the report server is in native mode, the path must start with slash. (rsInvalidItemPath) --------------- Reports were working fine - the paths haven't changed so the above error is most likely not the real problem Thanks i...

XML load problem
hello, im using VBScript to open generated .XML files off the local file system and do stuff with them. the problem i'm running into is: sometimes the .XML is invalid and contains an ampersand that is not qualified. ex: <FOO>$.01 & Greater</FOO> ....which causes problems when i attempt to load via: Dim xml : Set xml = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") xml.async = "false" If xml.load(sXmlPath) Then '[do stuff] Else '[report error] End If what can i do? is there a way get back an exac...

Creating Reports with Different Tables
I have 3 different tables I would like to put into one report. The common theme being the Route #. The tables are information on do not delivers, required deliveries and notes. Each route needs to have it's own page then it needs to pull from the tables the the do not delivers, the required deliveries and notes. Having it's own heading for each. Can someone help me create this? Is it possible? Put the three tables in a query and join then on Route#. This should return all records from the tables where the Route# is the same. Then set your report's records...

Edit box should support languages like japanese,chineese etc
Hi wht im trying to ask is.. 1. In my application, all the labels r in english only. 2.If i change the content of one text box in japanese or chineese language , [Text box value is the title for another dialog] 4.After i changed the content, i want the title to be displayed in japanese or chineese language. Note: I want only that text box to be changed ,,not the entire application.. so How can i able to support multibyte characters in MFC controls CEdit --text boxes.. Plz reply They do. You have to be in a Unicode app, and you have to have selected a Unicode font that has Chin...

corrupt pst file problem
I use Outlook 2002 with Internet Mail Only (IMO). My pst file is 540,944 bytes. When I use Outlook now, it is likely that my computer will crash with a blue screen.\ "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error": I tried to copy my pst file before I tried to fix or change anything but at the very end of the copy I get an error "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error". I have used Norton disk doctor and PC-Doctor to check the hard disk (NTFS). PC-Doctor reports no errors, Norton reports a couple of indexes that should be deleted. I was surprised that sea...

Text boxes on graphs
How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The grid lines are still visible and run through the text box, cluttering it up. Thanks right-click text box choose -- 'Format Text Box' from shortcut menu colors and lines tab change fill color to white Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training Access Basics 8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Access http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :) * Drew wrote: > How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The > grid line...