combo box on unbound form

Hi,

I have an unbound form, frmClients, interacting with class Clients. On the
form I have a combo box, cboNationality, based on tblNationalities but I
can't make it work. Do I need to also create a class for nationalities and
then create a parent child relationship with class Client? I am new to
classes, this is my first attempt, and so far I have really followed a recipe
from a book. Unfortunately the book doesn't explain what happens in this case.

Thanks in advance, George

Sounds like you need a TABLE of clients (and a bound form)
why are you using a class?

"George" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an unbound form, frmClients, interacting with class Clients. On the
> form I have a combo box, cboNationality, based on tblNationalities but I
> can't make it work. Do I need to also create a class for nationalities and
> then create a parent child relationship with class Client? I am new to
> classes, this is my first attempt, and so far I have really followed a recipe
> from a book. Unfortunately the book doesn't explain what happens in this case.
>
> Thanks in advance, George

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

how do i view different mail boxes
I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? btoonhoule <btoonhoule@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I > choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? Using IMO or C/W mode? -- Brian Tillman ...

Security in Forms
I have a database into which several people will be able to enter data through a form. What I wish to do is block database members from seeing entries by other database members. Database members do have an id and password to enter the database, but how do I limit their ability to their own entries? I only wish to use the one form - one of the controls does identify the member. Does anyone have some ideas? -- DAM Add to the where clause WHERE ... AND MyCreatedByField=CurrentUser() hth Pieter "Dennis _M" <Dennis_M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9072...

Concatenate Multi-Select List Box Items
I need to use the chosen items in a multi-select List Box as concatenated text in another control on a subform. This text will be part of a large amount of concatenated text. How do I do this? I did find info here about using such items in a query but it was way over my head and I couldn't figure out how to convert that idea to this issue so please don't just refer me to that w/o some other explanation for this novice. For example, if the user selects: Frt Bumper, Grille, & Headlamp in the List Box, I want to then somehow concatenate those selections into a sente...

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

Adding tabs to a form
Hi all! What happens if I add a lot of new tabs to a form, say the Incident form? Will there be a kind of slide bar or something when I deploy the customization, in order to reach the tabs at the most right? Is there a limit in the number of tabs we can add to a form? Thanks in advance! Mathieu. Mathieu, There is a limit of 8 tabs. During my testing, I did not see a scroll bar for the tabs appear. Looks like you need some brevity with tab names... HTH, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-3...

Table in Access Form
Hello, I want to put a table in ACCESS form. And the numbers or the text will be used in querries and coding. How can i do this? Thanks... Regards, Create a form with a datasheet view of your table: 1. Select the table you want to use 2. Use the form wizard to create the Datasheet View. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "SupperDuck" <SupperDuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BB96B3-879A-4AB0-9CC4-39173D6C54D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I want to put a table in ACCES...

colour change of dated box

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

sent box
how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? -- deb deb wrote: > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and select Field Chooser. i may have not explained myself too well i dont want to sort by the "to" column i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from" i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its just a folder named "sent" its for my boss, he ha...

form validation determines which sheet to add data
Let's say I'm creating a form that a non tech savvy used car dealer uses to enter his newly acquired vehicles to the excel workbook. Each sheet of the workbook is a unique model year of the car. (That would allow him to quickly refer to all vehicles of a given year.) On the input form, I would like validation such that if he selected "2006" from the drop down list of vehicle years, the data from the form would be AUTOMATICALLY be added to sheet "2006", regardless of which sheet is currently showing at the time. What would the code look like? I su...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Edit box should support languages like japanese,chineese etc
Hi wht im trying to ask is.. 1. In my application, all the labels r in english only. 2.If i change the content of one text box in japanese or chineese language , [Text box value is the title for another dialog] 4.After i changed the content, i want the title to be displayed in japanese or chineese language. Note: I want only that text box to be changed ,,not the entire application.. so How can i able to support multibyte characters in MFC controls CEdit --text boxes.. Plz reply They do. You have to be in a Unicode app, and you have to have selected a Unicode font that has Chin...

Text boxes on graphs
How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The grid lines are still visible and run through the text box, cluttering it up. Thanks right-click text box choose -- 'Format Text Box' from shortcut menu colors and lines tab change fill color to white Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training Access Basics 8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Access http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :) * Drew wrote: > How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The > grid line...

Multiple Combo Boxes Highlighted
Hi, I have a problem with something in VB6. I have 4 combo boxes with individual names (not an array) located on an SSTab object. When I select another tab and then return to the tab these boxes are located on, each of them appears to be highlighted in blue. I add values to them only when loading the form so I'm at a loss as to why this happens ? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen. "Jennifer Ward" <jward@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eq5HrcBrKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem with someth...

Distribution form for Payables could be on main form
When I enter a payable transaction, it would be very handy to have the distribution form at he bottom of the screen just like the Miscellaneous Check in GP 9.0 Instead I need to go to the distribution screen, even if I only want to confirm that the accounts are correct. Many times I also want to put a memo on a distribution line. Along with this it would be handy to be able to set the default as to whether the extra lines on the distribution form are open or closed. I always have to open them to see the account discription and enter a memo. I did put this all on a macro key so I can g...

HELP !! Combo box to feed other combo boxes
Hi, I have a form with a stock list. One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for single allocations. I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in bulk. I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value of combo1 to the value of combo2. This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop for specified number of records. I can...

Set Text Box Control To Blank
I have a procedure that executes on the beforeupdate event of a textbox (text24). The procedure works out the checkdigit for the number entered and if there is a discrepancy, a message box appears telling the user the number is wrong. What I'd like to do is modify the code as such so that when a discrepancy is found and the user clicks ok on the message box, focus is returned to (text24) and set to blank so that the faulty number is gone. Here is the code I am using.... It's quite crude as I'm only at beginner level, but hey, it works! Private Sub Text24_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Int...

Populate field based on combo box
I know this shouldn't be so hard - but I'm having a brain ... or something! On a form, I would like to select a District Number from a combo box and have the District Name appear in a text field. My form is based on a query. I know somehow I need to add criteria to my query to point to the info in the combo box but I'm not sure exactly where to put this criteria. Should the combo box field for the District Number on the form be based on the Districts table or is this the field that comes from the query? Or is it the District Name field that comes from the query? I have neve...

Flag box
Is it possible to add some flagbox in a column? How? Thanks Rossella Depends on what you mean by a flagbox. If you mean some sort of indicator, you could put Y or N in a column (X or leave empty??) and use data|filter|autofilter to "flag" certain entries. Rossella wrote: > > Is it possible to add some flagbox in a column? > How? > Thanks > Rossella -- Dave Peterson I meant the square with the x on it ..sorry if my explanation wasn't enough I find this technique pretty easy... Select the range Format|cells|number tab|custom category In the "type:&qu...

text box margin settings
I've changed the text box margins, saved the file and closed the file. But when I reopen the file, the changes are not there. What gives?!? don The text box margins in an EXISTING text box have changed? Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I've changed the text box margins, saved the file and >closed the file. But when I reopen the file, the changes >are not there. What gives?!? > >don >. > This issue is unknown in Publisher any version. If you mean it is not saving the defaults on next Text F...

combo
have placed a subform, which gives the Price. It is based on the Query. I have given a criteria in the query like [forms]![mainform]![productid]. So, when I select a product from a combo box, on the main form, I should see the price on the subform. The problem, is it does not refresh. It still shows the same price for the earlier product. But, when I move, it gets refreshed. Can I have a code , so that I should see the price as soon as I select the product from the combo box . On the After Update event of your combo box put the following: [Forms]![frmMainForm]![sfrmSubfo...

combo box
Hi: I have a combobox which shows two values: name and age, after I choose "the value", the combo box just shows the "name". I need to be able to print both values. How can I tell the combo box to leave the 2 fields onscreen? Hello Gabito, You can only display one column in the Combo Box. Is this Combo Box on a worksheet? If so, the TextColumn is the one that is displayed and the BoundColumn is the value returned by the combo box. You could make the TextColumn 1 (Name) and the BoundColumn 2 (Age). Then set the Linked cell to an adjacent cell just to the ri...

Combo Box Selection 06-18-07
I have a form that has 3 subforms. The main form has a combobox with selection for Groups. According to the selection of the Group - the subforms should show info for that group. In the Second Subform - this shows Group Details - there is a combo box for Section - where stock from the group will get transferred to the selected section. The choice for Section here should also show in the next subform.ComboBox Section. As inthe next subform this shows Section Details. At the moment - the Section Selection in SectionDetails subform is not updating the value that has been selected. Please hel...